Home
It's getting expensive, but it's a tradition that I enjoy.
I mail out forty or so. That's a whole lot of writing, but it's the only contact I have with some of those folks.

It was a big deal to my mom, and after she passed in 2007, I felt an obligation to carry on in her place.
Some of these people I have never met, and every year I find that a few have passed.

How about you guys?
Does the wife sending 'em out count?
Yep..wife creates our cards on snapfish I think it’s called..
She’s been doing it for years. It’s always nice to give and receive Xmas cards
Wife does.. I just help to print the labels..
Yes. Every year.
No Rio7
Nope. We usually get a few from friends.

We send out a few Thanksgiving Cards.
Yes, mainly for our older family.
I don't have any friends.
Yes, wife makes them and sends out about 85
We send 35-40. I type up a letter, trying hard to make it different from the standard Christmas letter. (I get comments from people.) The wife adds things at the end of the letters to most of them. I add something to the rest, writing in the cards.
Yeah prob 35 to 40 also. The older I get the more I enjoy receiving them too.
Yes, around 30 or so.
Some to guys I was in the service with, some to guys I worked with whom have retired.
Others to some friends here and there.
Most seem to genuinely appreciate it and I like to think that possibly I may have done something to make someone have a better day.
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Yes, around 30 or so.
Some to guys I was in the service with, some to guys I worked with whom have retired.
Others to some friends here and there.
Most seem to genuinely appreciate it and I like to think that possibly I may have done something to make someone have a better day.

That is a very good daily goal. If we all committed to doing it, it would be wonderful.
Wife sends em out, lots of em. Also birthday cards, anniversary cards, get well cards, and many more for various reasons. She loves people.
We send them out every year and enjoy getting them as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the Xmas letters boasting on kids or grandkids perceived accomplishments though. They always seemed like backhanded bragging to me
Yes, and the recipients love them because they don't get nearly as many as they used to, lot's of people don't send them these days.
Nope
My duty is twofold. Taking them to the post office and then pretending like I give a darn when we receive cards from people I don't know or care about.
We have been married more than 46 years. We sent out some early on in our marriage (maybe 10 or so a year the first 5 yrs). Haven't sent any (that I am aware of) since. We used to receive a fair number of them 30 years ago, not many any more. Could be because we don't send any out, but I think it's more because of the innerweb and email. Maybe, maybe not.
Done! memtb
We no long send Christmas Cards.
Not like years ago, now we have email, and relative cheap phone calls.
Stamps were cheaper back when.
Question is how many recycle the fugging things doing artsy fartsy mods to em.

Plenty of cheap fuggs on the French side of the family did that schit...

🥴🥴🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🥴🥴

Arrrrrgh cheap french fuggs.......
We used send a lot every year.
First photo cards of the kids, then the kids and dog(s), then the dog. Our last dog was Derby a miniature long haired dapple Dachsund. My wife would dress her in reindeer antlers and Santa clothes and take pictures of her in a sleigh. When we had to put Derby to sleep, we took a break from cards.
I think we will start again next year.
Merry Christmas!
Only a few...most of the family has died so no one to send them to anymore. Sad
Jacquie Lawson ecards.

https://www.jacquielawson.com/?mrkg...JY1D-ueVQBoCxhoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
My wife would write up what went on for the year. That ended maybe 15 years ago.
We have sent Christmas cards the 49 years that we’ve been married. Getting fewer every year.
Sent out about 10 this year, use to be 20-30.
No

Don't get any either

Thats what the text feature is for on my smart phone
Yep, still send them. I use an actual pen to write on the envelope. And use an actual pen to craft a short message in the card.
Yep, but it's my wife who sends them out.
Yes... About 20
© 24hourcampfire