Home
Posted By: 41rem The English on Amazon Prime - 12/22/22
I enjoyed this multi episode western. Was snowed in so I watched all the episodes in fairly quick succession over 2 days. Anyone else get a chance to watch it, thoughts?

It wasn’t too bad. Better than a lot of the woke crap that’s on nowadays.

I’m watching the third season of Jack Ryan on Prime right now. Again, it’s not bad on a day when it’s 10 degrees outside with a 35 mph N wind. 🤠
Posted By: AB2506 Re: The English on Amazon Prime - 12/22/22
I enjoyed it.

Not likely that it accurately reflected 1890 western life.
Posted By: 41rem Re: The English on Amazon Prime - 12/22/22
Originally Posted by AB2506
I enjoyed it.

Not likely that it accurately reflected 1890 western life.

Probably not. Did you find the firearms accurate for the period?
Posted By: 41rem Re: The English on Amazon Prime - 12/23/22
Other than the Emily Blunt character carrying a Winchester 1892 in 1890, I didn't see to much to complain about firearms wise..

Never knew the Gatling gun originally was chambered in 58 caliber.

I just finished it, I got tired of 30mph wind gusts snowblowing and I am off work till January. I drug two loads of firewood in my snowshoes and sled and then hunkered down with some good whiskey. I enjoyed this different style of western. I knew it was not filmed out west , immediately as some of the hispanic bloodlines in the horses and local flora and fauna did not jive. I googled it to make sure I hadn't drank too much whiskey!
I did not know Emily Blunt and the lead character in Jack Ryan are married!
I could only make it through about 30 minutes. I found it too Hollywood stupid.
I'm over the strong, wise, vibrant characters. Evil or incompetence is a white male.
Posted By: 41rem Re: The English on Amazon Prime - 12/24/22
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I just finished it. I did not know Emily Blunt and the lead character in Jack Ryan are married!

True, quite the couple eh?
Originally Posted by 41rem
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I just finished it. I did not know Emily Blunt and the lead character in Jack Ryan are married!

True, quite the couple eh?

Liberals?
© 24hourcampfire