Home
What are your picks?

I'm picking Georgia by 6 points, after 17 overtimes.
TCU
TCU by 7
Pulling hard for Georgia.
I did my undergrad work at UGA so I’m going with the Dawgs.
Originally Posted by Bobcat85
TCU
Ditto..
Pulling for TCU but they aren't used to playing for The Big Game.
I know some kids that go to TCU so I am pulling for them. But in actuality I don't follow football, college or pro, so it really doesn't matter to me one way or another.
Rooting for the Sec.
Georgia by 21
I can't help to think that TCU has used up all of their luck at this point. BUT since they are the underdog, I'll be pullin' for them to pull off an upset.
UGA over TCU by 10
Gonna go with the Dawgs for two reasons. My second favorite old fart cousin is an UGA grad, so fambly. Squibly's own Early Cuyler would be rootin' for them as well seals the deal
Glory Glory!

Georgia by 9
I thought Michigan was playing !!!

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂
TCU
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I can't help to think that TCU has used up all of their luck at this point. BUT since they are the underdog, I'll be pullin' for them to pull off an upset.
Yep, am with you on the luck part. Getting that turnover and TD early on Michigan set the stage ....not sure that can happen again against Georgia but then not many thought a last second FG would be needed for Georgia to beat Ohio State. Think I would take the 13.5 pts being laid out on this one. Max Duggin......so far....a stud.
Dawgs.
I'm hoping for the Horn Frogs! Go TCU!
The Frog’s got this!!! GA barely got by #4 Ohio.

Frogs 13 point underdog. Someone’s trippin!!
Hope TCU keeps it close. They'll need a turnover, and Darius Davis on special teams to make a play.

Give'em hell !
Originally Posted by DMc
The Frog’s got this!!! GA barely got by #4 Ohio.

Frogs 13 point underdog. Someone’s trippin!!

LOL. I’m not that confident. But I sure hope you’re right, David. TCU’s going to need some lucky breaks to pull this one off. Like a couple of Pick Sixes and a fumble recovery or two. Go Horned Frogs ! 🤠
Georgia in a blowout.
I took TCU and the points, think UGA wins by a TD
I don’t bet sports anymore cuz the games typically wind up opposite of my well thought out wagers.

But if I were betting…….. I’d probably take UG and give the points.

I’d really like to see TCU win this though. Duggan went to HS about 30 miles from where we farmed in Iowa. Heard his name on the radio a lot a few years back.

GO FROGS!!!
Georgia won the coin toss and defers. TCU gets the ball first.
Did they have a little trouble with the audio during the anthem? Couldn’t hear squat.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Did they have a little trouble with the audio during the anthem? Couldn’t hear squat.

My ESPN feed is acting up. Froze up twice already. 😡
Well that didn’t take long.

Are they still having audio problems?
Dogs up by 7 already.
Looks like we will be listening to highly biased annoying announcers all night.
Doesn’t sound like the booth guys showed up tonight.

Maybe they forgot the time.
Going to be all Georgia.

GreggH
Dogs up 10-zip.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Georgia in a blowout.

This. The GA guys are a foot taller and 35 lbs heavier for the most part.
TCU hasn’t shown much interest in the game yet.
60 yard pass completion by TCU’s Max Duggan!
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Georgia in a blowout.

This. The GA guys are a foot taller and 35 lbs heavier for the most part.

yeah Ok
#97 is faking ..... get up boy you ain’t hurt !!!!!
Max Duggan scores on a 3 yard QB Keeper.

Dogs up 10-7.
Big td!
Dogs up 17-7
The rules committee is going to have to do something about injury kneel downs against high octane offenses. Like, you have to sit out the next 15 min of play time or something.
Long night for TCU...
24- a little bit
I hope all the SEC haters are ashamed of themselves. 8 or 9 SEC teams would beat TCU on a neutral field.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Long night for TCU...

Yep. Already getting ugly at 24-7.

LOL. That’s just mean. 😬
Ooooops
TCU is in over their heads !!!!
Thus far, it looks like it’s gonna be a long night for TCU.
Pretty unreal that a private research school even made it this far in the NCAA Program.
200-1 odds. TCU made it farther than anyone thought they would.
Is the Great TCU running back Miller in the game or out from last week's injury.
Georgia is dominant. Still can't root for them.
Is the Great TCU running back Miller in the game or out from last week's injury.

Out
Georgia's on a mission after last weeks embarrassment.

No shame on TCU
Yep!
31-7 now.🤪🤪🤪
It's only going to get uglier from here. I get people rooting for TCU. I don't get people thinking that they had more than a puncher's chance in this game.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Out

SOB. How about their top reciever Washington.

Out

Georgia is their top receiver.
Well, no need to watch second half.
Originally Posted by Hookset
It's only going to get uglier from here. I get people rooting for TCU. I don't get people thinking that they had more than a puncher's chance in this game.

Another TD before halftime. Ouch! 38-7. Somebody throw in a towel!
To quote the late great Pat Tillman “ That was a nice swift ass kicking”.
What a nail-biter. So who's gonna win this one? So difficult to predict.
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Out

Georgia is their top receiver.

HAHAHA, tff. Winner, winner ,........
UGA gonna hang half a hundred on them?
If it wasn't a blowout I'd be upset with all the pass interference by TCU they keep letting slide
Maybe the UGA band will play the second half. Just to make it interesting...
38-7 at halftime. Ugly. 😬
TCU getting hammered!!!
O U C H !!!
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
By the end of the third.
I going to bed sleep
Proof TCU has no business being there. GA could run B squad and kick their butts. Most any sec would beat them

Lack strength of schedule and depth. But they undefeated against a bunch of nobodies. Michigan game they won due to poor referee calling which was a SEC crew I know. Watch the game if you doubt me. I hate Michigan but they got screwed

They messed up letting them in over multiple other teams that could actually compete.

I was really hoping TCU would show me wrong today. I even bet they would win. Rooting for the underdog is a loosing proposition
This is embarrassing. People wanted anyone but Bama. They got it. Now there will be record low ratings in the second half. Hope they are all happy
F*ck alblama. Nick Satan is done with NIL.
Go Dawgs
I was watching the game when somebody changed the channel to some show about prison rape.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I don't worship Saban. He irritates me half the time. But if you don't think Bama could beat TCU by 30 you have zero grasp on reality.
Don’t understand how TCU stayed at #3 after losing the Big12 conference game to K-State.

TheyAre not a top4 team.
Texas football…
If GA is smart will put 80+ points on the board and punish TCU and the commission for embarrassing them by putting TCU on the big game.

Be hard to argue against Ga and the sec next year in doing so.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I was watching the game when somebody changed the channel to some show about prison rape.

Are you sure they changed it?
Ok we are down 31 points let’s run it..
Ok we are 38 points down this is what we will do half back right red arrow option break!
Originally Posted by Muddinmetal

I don't worship Saban. He irritates me half the time. But if you don't think Bama could beat TCU by 30 you have zero grasp on reality.

Not saying they couldn't, please show me where I did. I said f*ck nick satan. He is a scumbag and treats his players likes scumbag.
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Michigan game they won due to poor referee calling which was a SEC crew I know. Watch the game if you doubt me. I hate Michigan but they got screwed

Michigan threw 2 pick 6's and dropped the ball on the one yard line. How can you blame that on the refs?

Michigan deserved to lose that game. TCU deserved to win. They made fewer mistakes and more big plays.

Michigan straight up choked.

TCU getting their ass handed to them tonight though.

Not saying they couldn't, please show me where I did. I said f*ck nick satan. He is a scumbag and treats his players likes scumbag.

Corporations typically do treat employees as interchangeable. What basis, other than some Miami Dolphin allegations, does your comment stem from?
Dawgs be doing some serious frog gigging tonight.
12 team playoff can't come soon enough.
What a beat down.

Georgia looks to be gaining about 12 yards per play.

3-5 SEC teams in one postseason? Count me in

Corporations typically do treat employees as interchangeable. What basis, other than some Miami Dolphin allegations, does your comment stem from?

Yes alablama is a cooperation and pays well.
Azz whippin' Good night to be a Bulldog fan. If you're TCU guy you might as well change the channel.
Sad day in Fort Worth!
Alrighty 45 points down this is what we are going to do…
Game’s over… I don’t see any real change to the current trend
All those tcu fans paid top dollah for tickets just to watch their team to get an ass whooping.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
By the end of the third.

😳
Not that it would have made any difference, he was beat. But the defender (28) on the last TD toss totally gave up on the play.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Not that it would have made any difference, he was beat. But the defender (28) on the last TD toss totally gave up on the play.
Yes TCU has quit wonder if Texas and OU paying attention
the selection committee owns this fiasco,, in no way does TCU or mich belong in the Nat champ, payoff,, SEC had 3-4 teams that couldve been more competitive
Yep, didn't even try to make a play on the ball.
Originally Posted by hosfly
the selection committee owns this fiasco,, in no way does TCU or mich belong in the Nat champ, payoff,, SEC had 3-4 teams that couldve been more competitive
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The GA punter is having a heck of a game!
Piss Poor. Painful. Pathetic. Pussies. Posers.
And that is just the words that start with P.

Georgia is literally trying to run the clock and not score...
Originally Posted by 79S

Why? They had a great season. Didn't end well but it was a good season
What a TCU beatdown
TCU vs. the Cowboys (Dallas not Ok State) would be a closer game.
Men amongst boys tonight. TCU is out-athleted pretty bad, obviously. Great year for them anyway.
TCUs O-line is stinking this up
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
TCUs O-line is stinking this up

You mean UGA's DL is superior
Never seen such a lopsided National Championship. What a fuggin embarrassment. Sucks being a frog tonight.
TCU pretty much gave up at halftime.

They’re ready to get back to the motel.
Did anyone have the Frogs +59?
They should've thrown the white flag in the third quarter.
Man I was hoping they make it 72-7
Originally Posted by 79S

Why? They had a great season. Didn't end well but it was a good season

Uh it doesn’t work that way.. you don’t get the ultimate ass whooping on national tv and say hey we good season..

Yep. Maybe a TCU or Utah beats a Michigan or Alabama, but then are they going to beat a OSU or a Tennessee or a Clemson the next weekend?

Also, you look at the orange bowl, buncha soon-to-be drafted players not suiting up. But you put a NC ring on the line, everyone of them is on the field. Better football and it will sort out quick.
2nd place in The America’s Cup. There is no second place.
Frogs got gigged
Not bad for a walk on Quarterback 29-3 record, 2 National Championships!

Stetson Bennett for Governor!!!

Yep. Maybe a TCU or Utah beats a Michigan or Alabama, but then are they going to beat a OSU or a Tennessee or a Clemson the next weekend?

Also, you look at the orange bowl, buncha soon-to-be drafted players not suiting up. But you put a NC ring on the line, everyone of them is on the field. Better football and it will sort out quick.
In no scenario would TCU beat 'Bama,, Tcu proved that They didnt belong there and the selection committee was FOS
TCU had no business inthe NC game.

After k state beat them for big 12, I thought they’d drop a few spots. TCU is maybe #8.

I think the “powers” wanted abalama out

They tired of Alabama.
TCU can run herd on the NMstate's,and the BYU's and rice maybe App state but they know who the bull with the hay in their horns are after that beating
Whatever. The 12 team playoff sorts this out. Not perfectly, but better than this mess.

The 70 super rich Bama players in the NFL might disagree on their return on investment?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The whippin post the learning tree the tree of woe. Break out the Sec Sec Sec! Chant another back to back champion another Sec national championship. It's good to know no matter how haters lie cheat steal scheme plan its a comfort knowing boots to asses will end such foolishness. Roll Tide!
That worse than my ducks getting beat by Georgia the very first pre season game of the year with a brand new coach.
That was just one fugly natty
This championship was always pretty much Georgia's to win or lose, ever since the first game of the season. I really didn't think they were as good as they proved to be, but they certainly were good enough to win it all, and that's what counts.

Bennett is somewhat deceiving as a QB, because looking at him, he doesn't appear to be a great athlete. But, he has the one thing that so many QB's lack..............a good head on his shoulders. He's now got a pair of NCAA championships on his resume, and that's saying something.
Whatever. The 12 team playoff sorts this out. Not perfectly, but better than this mess.

I keep hearing that. Like how I heard the BCS would fix things, then the 4 game playoffs would fix things. It reminds me of the democrats. They don't like the SEC always winning so they have to continually change the rules until they can find a way to beat them.

Yeah, because a Utah is likely to run the table in a 12 team playoff. LOLOLOL. They could have handed UGA their ass right?
How about going to the root of the problem and rank teams based on strength of their schedule. I like TCU but they had no business being in NC.

GreggH
TC Who?
The frogs had no business being there.
Well wasn’t this a special evening!
At the end of the first quarter, I switched to Gunsmoke.
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

I keep hearing that. Like how I heard the BCS would fix things, then the 4 game playoffs would fix things. It reminds me of the democrats. They don't like the SEC always winning so they have to continually change the rules until they can find a way to beat them.

You guys are funny.

The 12 team playoff favors the SEC. And if a Utah or TCU or Wash State get in, even if they win one game, it's unlikely they win another. Steel hardens steel. For the forseeable futue it's always sec schools in the final 2 games. Maybe an Ohio state. Or if a TCU can beat 2 SEC schools and play in a NC, then they deserve to be there. Unlike last night.

I'd actually like a 16 game playoff.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
This championship was always pretty much Georgia's to win or lose, ever since the first game of the season. I really didn't think they were as good as they proved to be, but they certainly were good enough to win it all, and that's what counts.

Bennett is somewhat deceiving as a QB, because looking at him, he doesn't appear to be a great athlete. But, he has the one thing that so many QB's lack..............a good head on his shoulders. He's now got a pair of NCAA championships on his resume, and that's saying something.

Highest football IQ QB is Bennett. Athleticism doesn't win without intelligence.
Georgia and Alabama are the top teams in the country. The fact is Georgia got lucky, Alabama didn't twice.
That was the worst beating I’ve ever seen a team take. With 10 minutes or so left you could tell everybody involved wanted it to end. Maybe when the “final solution 12 team playoff” comes there will be a 50 point 4th quarter mercy killing rule.

Which begs asking; the paring down goes 12, 6, then 3 teams. So for the championship who gets the buy and extra rest? That’ll be another imperfection to argue over.
Originally Posted by GreggH
How about going to the root of the problem and rank teams based on strength of their schedule. I like TCU but they had no business being in NC.

GreggH

I don't know that there is any way to have a perfect system. I do agree that the rankings are jacked up based on W-L records. For instance, James Madison who just moved up from the FCS to the Sunbelt this year was ranked in the top 25 at one point this year. C'mon Man!

With 12 teams I say go by the conference championships. All the Power 5 conference champs get in. Then let the top ranked Group of 5 champ in and have 6 at large teams based on strength of schedule or whatever. You have to figure out a way to make the regular season games and the conference championships mean something but at the same time allow the obvious better teams to have a chance. It still won't fix the fact that with a conference as top heavy as the SEC they are going to have at least 3 or 4 teams that are probably better than everyone else and would take most of the at large bids and someone is going to feel left out.
Originally Posted by shootem
That was the worst beating I’ve ever seen a team take. With 10 minutes or so left you could tell everybody involved wanted it to end. Maybe when the “final solution 12 team playoff” comes there will be a 50 point 4th quarter mercy killing rule.
Hey, can anybody post a link to the new horn-dogs video? They did such a fantastic job with their last one, can't wait for the new and improved version...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fűck dem loser b!tches.
Man am I glad I didn't get to watch that asswhoopin'. Don't have ESPN, so I found other things to watch. Sounds like I didn't miss much..
It was ugly. Them dogs didn't even use astroglide on em...
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Highest football IQ QB is Bennett. Athleticism doesn't win without intelligence.

I remember when Texas won with Vince Young as QB. He was a great athlete, with the IQ of a snail. He flopped big time in the NFL.
Man am I glad I didn't get to watch that asswhoopin'. Don't have ESPN, so I found other things to watch. Sounds like I didn't miss much..

You missed a good old fashioned azz kicking
Things looked pretty good for TCU……right up until the coin toss! 😁 memtb
Originally Posted by ironbender

They tired of Alabama.

We all are.
Originally Posted by shootem

Which begs asking; the paring down goes 12, 6, then 3 teams. So for the championship who gets the buy and extra rest? That’ll be another imperfection to argue over.

The four finalists get a bye the first round, then meet up with the surviving fodder on the second round, and then each other after that.

Actually, they should make it an 18-team play-off. The two finalists would get a byes until the penultimate round, the fodder would play to get it to 8, then to 4, then to 2. At that point, the 2 finalists would get a warm-up game to prepare for meeting each other. Of course, it would be quicker and easier just to have the two finalists play each other in the first place and forget all the rest.
I always thought an 8 team playoff would be enough. Typically once you get passed 6 or 7 the strength of teams goes south. (no pun)

You toss in half the top 25 or more and eventually you’re gonna wind up with another game like last night for the National Championship.

And teams should not benefit by not playing in their conference championship game.

It was a great game. Extremely satisfying to watch. I hope they replay it on all of the TVs at Walmart for the next year or two.
That was embarrassing for the sport of College Football - the worst Championship game I've seen at any level of the sport, hell for that matter of any sport. Ever.

Even the lowly school I graduated from - having fallen into the worst 4 year stretch in program history, the GT Yellow Jackets, kept it to a 3 point game (10-7) at the half before the vastly superior athleticism and the offensive / defensive lines wore them out to cruise to a 23 point victory.

You literally couldn't have drawn up a worse scenario for the legitimacy of the "selection committee" and a better argument for all of those who talk about the lack of parity in college football.
What a shi tty game. I knew it would be ugly, but I was hoping for a miracle. TCU did not deserve to be in this game obviously. If there is a 14 point spread in a national championship game, something is badly broken. This game was over in the 1st quarter and that's when I stopped watching.
The SEC is a whole nuther level of football than the rest of the college conferences.
Always fun to read the reports from the monday morning quarterbacks........

IMO, since the opt outs have pretty much ruined the bowl season, they should integrate the 16 team playoff system into the bowl system. It would at least make the less important bowl games somewhat relevant again. Let's just face the facts......there are a small handful of schools that can compete with what the SEC has been throwing out there. Facts are facts.
What JG & gregTENN said.
I kind of like it the way it is or even when they had the BCS. If you start adding in a bunch of teams---it will become like the college basketball, NHL, NBA. The regular season has very little meaning.
I think we need one more game in two weeks. Georgia vs Michigan. smile
I'd go for that but play it mid-season when everyone is healthy and only a week to prepare. Ya, I'm making excuses. The Wolverines got beat up pretty bad the last three games they played, it doesn't seem like hairball knows how to prepare for a game when they have a month off between games. YMMV... 😁
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I kind of like it the way it is or even when they had the BCS. If you start adding in a bunch of teams---it will become like the college basketball, NHL, NBA. The regular season has very little meaning.

Well every single other level of football - Pop Warner, High School, FCS, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III, and NFL has figured out a way to have a regular season and a compelling playoff. There has to be a better way than a bunch of old guys "thinking and voting" and applying mathematical formulas into selecting 4 teams out of 131 eligible.
Georgia would have beat the Texans - and a handful of other NFL teams - had they played.

They were impressive.
Georgia would have beat the Texans - and a handful of other NFL teams - had they played.

They were impressive.

Georgia is very impressive but they would lose to any NFL team they played. The difference between TCU and Georgia is the same as between Georgia and the NFL. Not saying they would get blown out like TCU, but they are not winning a game against the Texans.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

They were impressive.

Georgia is very impressive but they would lose to any NFL team they played. The difference between TCU and Georgia is the same as between Georgia and the NFL. Not saying they would get blown out like TCU, but they are not winning a game against the Texans.
Ok.

Dallas?

They were impressive.

Surely this is sarcasm, the worst NFL team would likely to score on every possession against any college team and probably shut them out. The NFL team would be in the backfield on every single play and could give the college team the playbook and they still would have no chance of stopping it.
Originally Posted by Buzz

They were impressive.

Surely this is sarcasm, the worst NFL team would likely to score on every possession against any college team and probably shut them out. The NFL team would be in the backfield on every single play and could give the college team the playbook and they still would have no chance of stopping it.

Thank you!
We beat the [bleep] out of them last year in the playoffs. I’m all for opening up another can of whup ass on em again next week if they please.

Say when

They were impressive.

Ok.

Dallas?

I wish they would beat Dallas.
I was a little bummed that I let my ESPN subscription lapse and couldn't get the game at home.

Now I'm glad.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
We beat the [bleep] out of them last year in the playoffs. I’m all for opening up another can of whup ass on em again next week if they please.

Say when

When did you go to UGA?
Originally Posted by gregintenn
The SEC is a whole nuther level of football than the rest of the college conferences.

Certainly is good for college football, isn't it?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Say when

When did you go to UGA?

Come on Paul, I was just looking at your kayak fishing trip post and marveling at all those fish we caught!
the worst NFL team would likely to score on every possession against any college team and probably shut them out.

I believe such a game would be more competitive than you think. Not saying for sure that a college team would win but be competitive.

There is a lot of BAD football being played in the NFL right now. There are 32 teams, but only 25ish quality QB's to go around. There are several college senior QB's that are better right now than 5-6 starters in the NFL. About 1/2 of the starters in the NFL are past their prime and no longer stronger nor faster than the best college players. They keep them around because they are locked into long term contracts and because fans pay to show up to see them. The NFL is a business as much as a sport.

Alabama had 9 players drafted in the NFL in 2020, ten in 2021. That means 19 future NFL players were on the 2020 Alabama team. Georgia had slightly fewer. Ohio State had 12 players drafted in 2020, ten in 2021 for a total of 22 future NFL players together in 2020.

If you have that many guys who can play at the pro level all on the same college team you can be competitive with a bad pro team. Not to mention Nick Saban or Kirby Smart would probably out coach several professional coaches.
Originally Posted by JMR40
the worst NFL team would likely to score on every possession against any college team and probably shut them out.

I believe such a game would be more competitive than you think. Not saying for sure that a college team would win but be competitive.

There is a lot of BAD football being played in the NFL right now. There are 32 teams, but only 25ish quality QB's to go around. There are several college senior QB's that are better right now than 5-6 starters in the NFL. About 1/2 of the starters in the NFL are past their prime and no longer stronger nor faster than the best college players. They keep them around because they are locked into long term contracts and because fans pay to show up to see them. The NFL is a business as much as a sport.

Alabama had 9 players drafted in the NFL in 2020, ten in 2021. That means 19 future NFL players were on the 2020 Alabama team. Georgia had slightly fewer. Ohio State had 12 players drafted in 2020, ten in 2021 for a total of 22 future NFL players together in 2020.

If you have that many guys who can play at the pro level all on the same college team you can be competitive with a bad pro team. Not to mention Nick Saban or Kirby Smart would probably out coach several professional coaches.

Nope.

This is like Megan Rapinoe saying the women's national soccer team who won the world cup was better than many men's teams. Then they play an all state Boys team in Texas of 15 year olds and got their asses handed to them.
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

You guys are funny.

The 12 team playoff favors the SEC. And if a Utah or TCU or Wash State get in, even if they win one game, it's unlikely they win another. Steel hardens steel. For the forseeable futue it's always sec schools in the final 2 games. Maybe an Ohio state. Or if a TCU can beat 2 SEC schools and play in a NC, then they deserve to be there. Unlike last night.

I'd actually like a 16 game playoff.

^ Bullied in school.

F'k the whole season, just start with playoffs.
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ironbender

They tired of Alabama.

We all are.

Why? Easy way, produce other teams that are better. It appears a lot of the nation aren't fan of winners. Sad
Georgia and Alabama are the top teams in the country. The fact is Georgia got lucky, Alabama didn't twice.

Yep, Alabama lost to two top 10 teams by a total of 3 points, on last plays of game and one in overtime if not mistaken. But TCU was better than them I guess according to the committee.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Certainly is good for college football, isn't it?

Regionally, I don't even understand why 80% of the country even watches college football. For the last 18 years other than one time only teams from the Southeastern States have won national championships. That sounds miserable for the rest of y'all.
Originally Posted by JMR40

You've just made my point without realizing it.

So out of 22 starters (not even including kickers and special teams) each of these teams fielded 10-12 players that are good enough to be asked to play in the NFL and MAY BE good enough to make an impact in a couple of years. Right away you are at huge disadvantage because the pitiful Houston Texans have 100% of their starters that were standouts in college and their backups were almost all drafted and going to be bigger / faster / stronger and with seasoned NFL experienced than the college kids who may one day be good enough to play in the NFL. Some of those players MAY get to the elite level within NFL play, but generally it takes a few years for them to adjust to NFL speed and learn the far more complicated schemes before they stand out. Only a handful of the 10-12 players drafted on these elite team will be good enough to start as rookies and the books are full of college superstars and high draft picks that were a complete bust, this is far more common than undrafted players that turn out to be elite. Meanwhile every single NFL team literally has 53 guys on their roster that were all standout college players AND good enough to be retained on an NFL roster, which makes it seem silly to think the college team would even have a snowball's chance.

Even the elite college teams have multiple glaring weaknesses at some position and the pro team would pick at it like an open wound and there is absolutely nothing they could do to stop the bleeding. The talent margin between good and bad NFL teams is actually quite thin - which is why on "any given Sunday" in the NFL the worst team can beat the best team and it's not much of a shocker. The experience brings out the best in the players because they line up against another player that is close to their equal or better than they are in every single game, not to mention it's a full-time year-round job vs a part-time job with limits placed by the NCAA. This is why having a point spread above 10 points even between the good and bad teams in the NFL is the exception, where you look at the Vegas lines in College ball and every week you see a bunch that are 20,30, some 40 and some they simply won't even put a line on.

It's not being disrespectful - it's just a different game and one that has evolved drastically in the last 30 years and it would be fugly to watch.

Saban had a stint in the NFL, he didn't exactly set the world on fire.
Originally Posted by Buzz

They were impressive.

Yep.
In my opinion, the transfer portal has done more harm to smaller schools than anything. Larger schools are raping the smaller schools of talent. Plain and simple. Kid isn't offered a scholarship at a "large" school. Goes to a smaller school and is top dog. He transfers his junior year, and viola, he is now a starter for a big college program. I don't like it.

Clyde
Originally Posted by BLG
In my opinion, the transfer portal has done more harm to smaller schools than anything. Larger schools are raping the smaller schools of talent. Plain and simple. Kid isn't offered a scholarship at a "large" school. Goes to a smaller school and is top dog. He transfers his junior year, and viola, he is now a starter for a big college program. I don't like it.

Clyde

Good post; as I have pointed out, there is no reason whatsoever for the "elite" teams to spend any time, effort, or money in recruiting high school players. All they need to do is let other people do that, then after players have proven themselves at those schools, they can show up with their dump trucks of NIL money and cherry-pick what they want.
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Good post; as I have pointed out, there is no reason whatsoever for the "elite" teams to spend any time, effort, or money in recruiting high school players. All they need to do is let other people do that, then after players have proven themselves at those schools, they can show up with their dump trucks of NIL money and cherry-pick what they want.

Consequently, for the rest of the non-elite teams that did get a three star recruit that over achieves - good luck keeping them when said money truck shows up and the talent gap between a few elite and the rest widens further and further. The NIL and transfer portal have definitely injured the parity that wasn't great to start with.
Can the whole "athletic" scholarship program now that players can be paid.
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I agree that 'top schools will rape lower tier schools'
Said the above from day 1, all super athletes will aspire to 'move up'.
But the top schools will need to continue 'recruiting' IMHO as many top athletes are looking at 1-2 years of college before going pro.

They were impressive.

Ok.

Dallas?
Well, Dallas beat the Titans. TN taxpayers just coughed up a half a Billion tax dollars to a team that has lost what, 7 in a row. I hope Gov. Lee is happy in tossing my dollars down that hole...Georgia would have took that bunch +30.
Originally Posted by BLG
Clyde

The is the most selfish thing I have ever heard anybody say.

What about the poor kid that wants to play pro football?

What if you were him or he was your son? You want to be stuck in some dump of a school if a bigger program with more exposure is interested in you?

Give the kids a reasonable chance to be successful. Ain't about you or your team...
In a 12 team playoff the top 4 teams get a bye. The, the other 8 play to reduce to 4, then they play the top 4 to get to the top two.
I think Georgia just scored again. Go Dawgs!

You know it’s a route when your 5th string running back had 7 carries all season and 5 of the 7 were in the championship game…
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I think Georgia just scored again. Go Dawgs!

You know it’s a route when your 5th string running back had 7 carries all season and 5 of the 7 were in the championship game…

Yeah but TCU couldn’t get out of their locker room after the half. Some degenerate painted a goal line across the threshold.
Originally Posted by worriedman

They were impressive.

Ok.

Dallas?
Well, Dallas beat the Titans. TN taxpayers just coughed up a half a Billion tax dollars to a team that has lost what, 7 in a row. I hope Gov. Lee is happy in tossing my dollars down that hole...Georgia would have took that bunch +30.

The Titans suck without Tannehill at QB. Wait…. They still sucked before Tannehill got hurt.
Even having arguably the best RB in the league didn’t help when you put a scrub in as QB 1.

The good news is they don’t suck as bad as Houston & Chitcago. 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂
Wait !!! Isn’t Michigan playing????????
Let me get this straight the team that beat the Big Weasels, got beat in the game 65 to 7 !!!!!!!!
Correct. I'm a big Dawg fan, my Alma Mater. So proud of Kirby and his program, GO DAWGS!!!

Greetings, new guy here, first post, and I need some guidance... 6mm, 6.5mm, or 277 wildcat and why. I'm still several months off from making the call, my mind is impressionable at this point. Probably been discussed ad nauseum, but tell me your thoughts and reasoning.

Love the AR platform, and want to invest in that right now. Probably need to take this to another (existing) thread.

Thanks, Dutch
Originally Posted by BigDutch
Correct. I'm a big Dawg fan, my Alma Mater. So proud of Kirby and his program, GO DAWGS!!!

Greetings, new guy here, first post, and I need some guidance... 6mm, 6.5mm, or 277 wildcat and why. I'm still several months off from making the call, my mind is impressionable at this point. Probably been discussed ad nauseum, but tell me your thoughts and reasoning.

Love the AR platform, and want to invest in that right now. Probably need to take this to another (existing) thread.

Thanks, Dutch

Hey Dutch. If you are a UGA grad like me you probably live and hunt in the south as I do. I’ve got a bunch of rifles that I love but if I was starting over I could be convinced to build a 6 creed that would work for everything I do.
You're right, I eventually ended up in Texas.

I've been thinking more and more about 6mm, looking hard lately at 6mm ARC for my AR. Its not common yet, but In looking at the ballistics, it might be the best. 6mm CM is too long for an AR?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Say when

When did you go to UGA?
79 with a BS, 81 it’s my Masters. Economics.
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by BLG
Clyde

The is the most selfish thing I have ever heard anybody say. You haven't been around much.

What about the poor kid that wants to play pro football? What about it? Very few will make it even if they want to.

What if you were him or he was your son? You want to be stuck in some dump of a school if a bigger program with more exposure is interested in you? That "dump of a school" took a chance on him. I show my appreciation by running away first chance I get? Should he be responsible for repaying the scholarship money that another kid would have used for the same "dump"?

Give the kids a reasonable chance to be successful. Ain't about you or your team... Never said it was about me. He WAS given a chance to be successful. The "dump" school gave him that chance. And you never addressed the real premise of my opinion. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE LOWER RANKED TEAMS ONCE ALL OF THE TALENT HAS TRANSFERRED OUT?
© 24hourcampfire