Home
This little book is almost filled, what should I buy with them when I fill the book??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Maybe I can buy one of those fancy wooden blocks that sit on your kitchen counter and hold a bunch of stake knifes?
I'd like one them stake knives holders too.

Where can I cash some Travelers Checks I've been saving ?
Oh my, I saved mine for some hearing aids
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh my, I saved mine for some hearing aids

Did you know that if you get dry-mouth you can use a bit of ear wax to stick those stamps??
We got a hen on the nest glass candy dish for church mints
That's quite stylish, I'll bet guests tell their friends about how you 'put on the dog' for visiting folks
We did when I was young
1972 is calling....
They have been gone for how many years?
Originally Posted by renegade50
1972 is calling....

Pepperidge Farm remembers
B&W cigarette coupons is where it's at.
I remember when my dad brought home an electric can opener. My mom cried.
Originally Posted by sawbuck

So Marlboro Miles aren't cool anymore?
God I hate those things. Mama saved the stamps at Sunflower Food Store and redeemed them for a pair of hair clippers. Four boys and that was a chunk of money when we all got flat tops from the barber. With those clippers, we became the original “skinheads” in the neighborhood. I started working at age 11 at a grocery store just so I could get a decent haircut. Had plenty of non paying jobs around the house tho. No allowance either. Never was so glad, Freddy, my youngest brother twisted when then clippers got hot and gapped his hair. Daddy bopped him on the head and broke the clippers!
Originally Posted by carrollco
God I hate those things. Mama saved the stamps at Sunflower Food Store and redeemed them for a pair of hair clippers. Four boys and that was a chunk of money when we all got flat tops from the barber. With those clippers, we became the original “skinheads” in the neighborhood. I started working at age 11 at a grocery store just so I could get a decent haircut. Had plenty of non paying jobs around the house tho. No allowance either. Never was so glad, Freddy, my youngest brother twisted when then clippers got hot and gapped his hair. Daddy bopped him on the head and broke the clippers!

You and your brothers didn't think to throw those clippers on the roof?
Damn son

Zippo 1-3/4 books
English Leather 1 book
Money clip

Stylin profilin’

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
People shopped by who gave out Green stamps. Sometimes there was double stamp day....

I still have a leather jacket my mother got with green stamps.
#10 pipe rack and tabaco jar would look real nice on the coffee table next to my reclyner chair.
I still have Schrade Walden fixed blade that my grandma got for my 12th birthday with those stamps.I can probably dig up something else if I looked hard enough.
I also have a Shrade-Walden fixed blade knife my mother got with S&H green stamps got it for Christmas close to 60 years ago.
We got a hen on the nest glass candy dish for church mints
Grandma's always 1 that had that glued together ribbon candy.

The other was butterscotch or the little hard cinnamon candy.
Haven’t seen a Green Stamp in years
We would steal the mirror stand type sign that had “We Give Green Stamps” and put it out in front of Wells Funeral Home. We were a rowdy bunch. One time we found a “Try Our Layaway Plan” at Sears and relocated it to the funeral home.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
#10 pipe rack and tabaco jar would look real nice on the coffee table next to my reclyner chair.

150 books for the 17” Admiral Color TV

Shewwwww dayum

150 books for the 17” Admiral Color TV

Shewwwww dayum

I'll hold out for a Curtis-Mathes
I remember in the 60s my sisters and I going with mama into town so she could cash in the green stamps at the green stamp store. Us kids would stay in the car alone, yell and wave at people riding by.
Originally Posted by Houser52
I remember in the 60s my sisters and I going with mama into town so she could cash in the green stamps at the green stamp store. Us kids would stay in the car alone, yell and wave at people riding by.

Did you ever get sick from trying to eat a warm bag of old candy while waiting in the car? Hershey squirts???
Gunn Brothers stamps in our neck of the woods.
My mom use to save them all the time. We would go to the store about once a year and she would get something for the house.
Seems like there was another type/brand of stamp as well but I can't remember what it was.
I still have the metal Green Stamp sign that hung outside of dads gas station.
When I was a teenager pumping gas circa 1967-68 at the local Atlantic station we gave out S&H Green Stamps. Some of our customers were die-hard Green Stamp fans. They would give you cash for the purchase and say "don't forget my Green Stamps". Now that I think of this topic I realize that most of those folks were old enough to have been through the Great Depression and had that scrimping and saving ethic well ingrained into their head. Which is something more folks today should have.
Originally Posted by pullit
My mom use to save them all the time. We would go to the store about once a year and she would get something for the house.
Seems like there was another type/brand of stamp as well but I can't remember what it was.

Triple S Blue Stamps, I think.
Not for sixty years.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not for sixty years.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
[quote=pullit]My mom use to save them all the time. We would go to the store about once a year and she would get something for the house.

The other stamps

https://northeastnews.net/pages/remember-this-trading-stamps/
Thanks for that link. I had forgotten all about top value stamps. My mother got those at the local supermarket and saved them while I was handing out S&H Green Stamps at the local gas station. There was one of those redemption stores not too far away that served our entire area but I can't recall what stamps they accepted.
In the early 60's, the S&H catalog was the largest single publication in the US, larger than the major catalogs like Sears or Monkey Ward.
Originally Posted by sawbuck

So Marlboro Miles aren't cool anymore?

I'm not up on all of the new-fangled stuff!
© 24hourcampfire