Home
For not brangin home 15 squirrels when allocated 15 .22 shells?

Just askin?
Leather strap like the barber use?
Hands, feet, anything the step corksucker could grab, broke my jaw with a thrown claw hammer.
I was starving and 10 years old in 19and64

In 19 and 65, I turned 75 on my birthday
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Oh yeah

And made me go pick blackberries in my undies
Like the Aldi'ses and Publixes, we ain't had no .22s growin up.

we sure got whooped with the belt alot tho.

Didn't make it home at 5PM for dinner..............whooped.

Didn't put up a screwdriver...............whooped.

Didn't answer a question fast enough.............whooped.

Brought home a B-............................whooped.
Nope...
Dad used a hot wheels track...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
OUCH!
One grandpa used the belt.

My Dad was a kicker.

So was his...

The wimmens was flyswatters, belts, wooden spoons and yardsticks and hand spankers.

The kickers were the ones that got my attention; to the point I can recall every time I got kicked, but not every time I was hit with an inanimate object...
Does a doubled-up belt count? šŸ˜³
Me and the neighbor's girl usta pick raspberries nakid I never got whooped for it though.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Nope...

LOL

i got Dr Shoals wooden clog shoe,

wooden spoon, also got race car and train track. Hot wheels would wrap around your legs.

And that little paddle thingy with rubber ball after the ball snapped off, it was then something to paddle your ass with lol
Flipflops
Wasnt none of that ā€œcolton, Im disppointed in you, I want you to oil the gate locks tomorrow and brush out the horse manes. ā€œ
My momma had a doctor she worked with make her a wooden paddle with holes drilled in it! When that thing met your arse cheek if felt like yellow jackets got a hold of ya!! Iā€™ll never forget the day she broke it over my arseā€¦ as bad as it hurt I was so darn happy šŸ˜ƒ
Originally Posted by hanco
Hands, feet, anything the step corksucker could grab, broke my jaw with a thrown claw hammer.

Damm you had it rough coming up!
We got the razor strap.. Kept us on the straight and narrow...
Originally Posted by Edwin264

Damm you had it rough coming up!

I survived it, didnā€™t become like him, am thankful, saw the terror in moms and siblingā€™s eyes, didnā€™t want anyone to look at me like that.
Strap, slap, cane, whip, knocked down and given a kicking. Horsewhip was worse than the strap.

It wasn't administered out of love, and it wasn't reasonable correction by a caring parent. Not something I ever did with my kids either.
No.
All it took was the 'look'.

But we are simple Scandinavian people.
Originally Posted by Bodkin84
My momma had a doctor she worked with make her a wooden paddle with holes drilled in it! When that thing met your arse cheek if felt like yellow jackets got a hold of ya!! Iā€™ll never forget the day she broke it over my arseā€¦ as bad as it hurt I was so darn happy šŸ˜ƒ

7th grade shop class we were turning out paddles for the whole district!! LoL!!! We would experiment with various holes, paddle shapes, grips. Then hand them out to teachers. Sometimes they'd come look at our 'lineup' and select their instrument of torture.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wasnt none of that ā€œcolton, Im disppointed in you, I want you to oil the gate locks tomorrow and brush out the horse manes. ā€œ
Colton....

My old man could "whoop you" with words without even raising his voice. Never mean but I sure felt like chit when i fugged up. Mom on the other hand could dish it out.... damn wooden spoon was Thors hammer when we were growin up.... about 17 I was di(king around in the kitchen and she smacked me in the chest with a metal spoon....sun beotch was so hot no hair grew there for about a year lol.
No squirrels involved but Iā€™m living proof that you canā€™t wear a kids ass out with a razor strop.
I didn't respond well to beatings.

So they quit before it was too late.
yup!

GWB
My dad did concrete and worked on the railroad as a gandy dancer when I was young as well as being a HS Teacher and coach. I could choose the belt or his hand. That belt was preferred.
I got the belt a couple times with from my dad, mom on the other hand had a fiberglass ping pong paddle. Hurt like a SOB. My mom was a teacher and was known for paddling students that got out of line.
Once, a bit over a decade ago before my brother divorced that horrible skank he was married to, she told us a heart-felt story about how her mother used to beat her with a wooden spoon. Her next birthday was coming up so I purchased a large, stout wooden spoon and put it in a fancy box with a red bow and gave it to her for her birthday. When I gave it to her she said: oh, that's so nice, you didn't have to do that, blah, blah, blah. Then she opened the box, saw the wooden spoon, let out a horrendous scream and then walked over to me and walloped me good. It was worth it.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I didn't respond well to beatings.

So they quit before it was too late.

Same here and I remember the last time Dad tried to whoop me with the belt.
Nope. Dad never spanked any of us 5 kids because we were all perfect and never needed discipline.

Or

Nope. Dad never spanked any of us 5 kids because dad thought that a grown man had no business hitting a child, thatā€™s what Mom was for. Mom used her hands on our backsides until our backsides toughened up then mom required a weapon. Momā€™s weapon of choice was a wooden yardstick but apparently my backside was tough enough to break the wooden yardstick. Some sick demented son of a bitch invented a metal yardstick which, when drawn from alongside the furnace in the pantry, sounded like King Arthur drawing Excalibur from the stone. Mom yielded that yardstick like a true warrior while I stood in awe of the dexterity and athleticism displayed by her incredible swordsmanship. By the time I was old enough that I no longer had to worry about Excalibur that metal yardstick was bent and twisted baring the scars from countless battles. Mom and dad were/are the best parents a kid could hope for. We werenā€™t subject to arbitrary punishment or unfair treatment and the times that we really did get a spanking it was not only deserved but it was fair, measured and reasonableā€¦..

Looking back at those simpler and more innocent times I thank God that I had the parents I have. Not only for me and the wonderful childhood I had with my brothers and sister but for OUR children. My children as well as all my nieces and nephews are wonderful kids. Theyā€™re kind and empathetic. Theyā€™re intelligent and confident. My brothers and sister raised amazing kids that are all close to each other just like my wife and I have done. Our ā€œsuccessā€ raising good young men and women is only partially our achievement because without the excellent examples set by mom and dad we probably wouldnā€™t have been as successful.
Iā€™ve got to addā€¦.If mom broke out Excalibur and gave us a spanking, as I said above it was deserved but always reasonable, I knew that it was hurting mom almost as much as it hurt our backsides. Almost without fail after a couple hours and after the crying stopped and the dust settled mom would quietly come in our bedroom and gently sit on the edge of the bed, lean over and kiss me on the forehead telling me that she loved me but I canā€™t do_____(whatever I was spanked for).

Iā€™d gladly submit to more spankings for 1 more kiss on my forehead from Mom!
Now a days people pay for that stuff.
belt, hand, 1x4, still have scars to show where the last time belt was used.

we did learn not to get caught doing stuff....
My dad used horse whip, I never held it against him, The Preacher says " Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod,
And deliver his soul from hell. Proverbs 23:13-14.

When I grew up I had a bud whose dad beat him up pretty good, I went and got 4 other buds together and we went and beat the fuqk out of that POS and told him if he ever touched Randy again he'd end up in the hospital or dead.

He never touched him again but Randy said he knew the old man wanted another piece of him. I'd have done the same for you.
My mom chased my brother and I with a lunging whip one time. We were two young lads about 10 and 12yrs old who ignored her call to come to the house. Next thing we saw was her coming across the field with said whip in hand.

We broke the speed of sound that day making good our escape and lived to tell the tale. smile
Yes, a few.
To hear the sound of that belt popping through the belt loops let one know you had went to far.
Mine was mostly with switches; soft maple and sassafras!
Had most of emā€™ coming!
Made a real tiger out of me in a scrap though.
You guys from Texas scare me every time this topic comes up. Glad I grew up in Michigan. I had nothing like that growing up.

I can't even fathom why a grown up would want to beat a kid? Let alone your own kid.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

When I grew up I had a bud whose dad beat him up pretty good, I went and got 4 other buds together and we went and beat the fuqk out of that POS and told him if he ever touched Randy again he'd end up in the hospital or dead.

He never touched him again but Randy said he knew the old man wanted another piece of him. I'd have done the same for you.

I donā€™t know what to say.
Got whipped with a riveted fan belt once. Most memorable whipping I ever got.
Regular belts, miners' belts, switches from the sarvis tree in the yard, checklines, boot to the ass. We were rebellious little schitts and needed heavy-handed course correction.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Thatā€™s what we got. Catholic school in England taught by an order of Irish Lay Brothers. We was unwashed street urchins but in our case we did have shoes šŸ™‚

Originally Posted by stevelyn
Regular belts, miners' belts, switches from the sarvis tree in the yard, checklines, boot to the ass. We were rebellious little schitts and needed heavy-handed course correction.

Looking at your Avatar, looks like all those beatings helped you become a better person. I'm sure your parents would be proud
My Dad used his leather belt. Before that it was a switch. Iā€™d rather have the belt. That switch (usually a willow limb) was like a razor. I needed/deserved most if the whippings I got.

Ron
A doubled over leather belt was the norm. Luckily Iā€™ve never used one on my kids. Words and leather can be detrimental on a kid if not restrained.
Originally Posted by bamagun01
A doubled over leather belt was the norm. Luckily Iā€™ve never used one on my kids. Words and leather can be detrimental on a kid if not restrained.

I would hope that none of the posters who got beat ever laid a hand on a child.

Terrible reading these stories. Makes me mad
Well dad never whooped us but the first time I got spanked with a leather strap the most disturbing thing about it was how much I enjoyed it.
belts, hair brushes, wooden spoons. But, when I talked back, it was a soap mouth washing until I learned to handle that and then it went to a mouth full of cracked red peppers. If I was late coming home as a small child, I was tied to a tree in the back yard.
Originally Posted by cooperfan

I never hit my kids (now 35 and 37). They never gave me any grief other than the normal teenager stuff. Both are conservative Christians. My daughter is a school teacher who owns her own pizza restaurant in town, and my son is an Aerospace Engineer. They both take after Mom. I an blessed beyond belief.

Ron
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

I never hit my kids (now 35 and 37). They never gave me any grief other than the normal teenager stuff. Both are conservative Christians. My daughter is a school teacher who owns her own pizza restaurant in town, and my son is an Aerospace Engineer. They both take after Mom. I an blessed beyond belief.

Ron

I wish we had a like button

Great post
razor strap
I am glad they didn't have those darn metal yardsticks........had several wooden ones broken over my arse.

Belts didn't feel none too good. Thankful they could not afford hot wheels cars. LOL
With dad it was a belt or just his hand, but Mom would grab what ever was handy. One time mom was giving me a whipping, she had hold of one arm, and I was doing the round and round thing. Board had a nail in it and I stepped on it. Felt like it went 1/2 way thru my foot. So mom stopped the whipping, doctored the foot, then finished the whipping, with me hopping around in a circle, best I could.

Belts, razor strap, switches. broom handles, whatever was handy..... but the worse is a cotton stalk. It will not break and is pliable. It's a bad one.
Switches, hot wheel track, belt hairbrush.. my mom never hit me anywhere except the backside and I deserved everyone of them whoopinā€™s. Momma would say this is hurting me more than it is you. Well it must have been killingā€™ her.

My dad exactly gave me a whoopin exactly two times. Deserved both.
Yup. Never did my kids.
I never learned anything except I could take it and watch me now! Big chip on my shoulder after a whoopin.
I learned from an earnest talk. I took that lesson to heart in raising my kids.
All are good, tax paying, educated adults.
Rope hurts worse than leather straps ,trust me.
Dad's belt (he always said Ć ss grease kept it shiney) fly swat (the wire handle), hickory switches, or just about anything handy when mom was pushed to far (which was a daily occurrence during the off school summer months)
If I had a ASS whippin coming I would rather it came from my Granddad, My mother would try to beat you to death, with any club she could find. Rio7
Step dad used to whip the chit outa me with a wooden handle that he made with leather staps attached to the end. The leather straps were split on the ends and cut at an angle. I still hate that bastard
Yep, but never got 1 that wasn't deserved, mostly belt or wooden spoon.

Paternal grand father, was into mind games.

Anytime, any of the grand children was at their place, there was a 5gal bucket of water, with a 4' 2"x1" sitting in it, at the bottom of the stairs !
Yessir

I have giveth you 12 nightcrawlers, you pincheth themeth in half and catcheth us 24 channel cats

Or you getteth a whoopin

Momma wore out a lot of dads belts on my azz up until I turned 13 and was taller than her........

Belt whipping ended when i caught her arm in the back swing .........and we both knew it was pointless.....she just let go of the belt and that was that.....
Leather strop for me too from my father. Mom was the true terror with a fly swatter. None of that wait until your father gets home B/S.
chancla...

Never with an accessory that I recall.

Got a few hand spankings from Mom. The one I remember most was when I was 5 and I was running from her around the wall that separated the kitchen and the dining room. The running away was pissing her off even more. I got a good lead on her and snagged a hard cover book off a shelf as I went whizzing by. I stuck it down the back of my pants and stopped and waited. She came around the corner and spun me around and WHACK! "OW!!! WHAT THE.....??? YOU LITTLE SCHIDT!!!!" WHACK WHACK WHACK lol

Dad never had to spank us. The "look" was all that was needed to be "said."
Dad used his belt, or rope. The rope was like getting hit with a club. I was an exceptionally slow learner, as it was a good day when I only got my attention brought back on point once. When I came home from the service I mentioned how bad I felt about being whipped so often. Dad said he was ashamed of how often he had to beat me. I truly needed a firm hand growing up, and gave my Dad credit fr saving me from the pen.
Dad used his belt.

Mom used a wooden spoon.

Only when we deserved it.

I am grateful they cared enough to discipline!

You should have Lifetime Movie'd that MF'er!
Dad always used the belt but mom was a terror with the wire fly swatter or any other tool that was close. I still have scars from the swatter. I'm fortunate to have a kid who only needs a stern look to straighten out his actions. He's never needed more than a hard look.
Mama was the disciplinarian in the the family as Daddy was a long haul independent trucker. No such thing as wait till Daddy gets home-as heā€™d be gone a month or more at a time. Belts and switches were the preferred weapon of choice. There were 4 boys and she believed in getting the entire group while at it. She was sure there was something that you got by with and werenā€™t caught. She was usually right. Had to go pick out our our switches and Lord help you if you selected one unsuitable for the task. Have a theory that Baptists are good dancers cos of all them switchins they got as younguns. You didnt want to cross Daddy. Ungodly strong, redheaded and quick tempered and worked as bartender/bouncer in a joint and weekends. worked one summer at ARNG and my first sgt told me of winning $600 by betting on my Dad gripping and holding a certain poundage on bath scales for a minute. He also put 3 outta 4 of the Wolf brothers in the hospital one weekend. They were River Rats who worked on towboats and operated as a pack. Gouged eyes, bit off ears, stomped folks- ruff fellows. Sgt said he cold cocked one with his fist, used a heavy piece of wrapped copper cable on another, and one that pulled a knife got pistol whipped with a 1911. The last one retreated thru a closed screen door and a barbed wire fence getting away. We walked on eggshells round Dad. Found out much later that he had a terrible childhood and was beaten with a log chain and removed from the home by his fathers sister. Bible teaches corporal punishment. Our healthy fear of Dad kept us out of lots of trouble. No fear of God nor justice in todays world. Crime pays.
For not brangin home 15 squirrels when allocated 15 .22 shells?

Just askin?

Slackass.

They dun gave me 10 shells, and I had ta bring home 12 squirrels.
Saw one of my older brothers get the belt. After that I knew I didn't want none of it. Scared me straight as an arrow, although mom still spanked me a time or two with her hand, never really hurt. But I knew I didn't want nothin' to do with the belt.
Got the belt when we were traveling. When at home, dad had a 2ft hydrolic hose. I hid that hose just once in my life.
Ainā€™t got schit on a phone cord or wire clothes hanger. šŸ˜‚
Yes. Lots of times. Always deserved.
Mom favored wire coat hangers.

Depends on the circumstance.

Next question should be ā€œwho ever got punched by their dad?ā€.

I did, only once, right cross, knocked me right over, for vandalism when drunk.

Thereā€™s a LOT of young men today whoā€™d be FAR better off if they had been punched out when appropriate by a righteous father.

As for me Iā€™ve never hit a woman or a kid and Iā€™m a stepdad. That coulda been difficult but as it turned out we got along well.
I was beat with a strap and belt growing up, don't know that it helped or hurt. But I pretty much hated my Dad and didn't care to see him or my drunkazz mom for years. Now I get to make sure he's fed, watered, and clean him up with new underwear a few times a day.
Yup, Daddy used a razor strap. Mom used a switch cut from the privet that grew on the side yard.
You guys from Texas scare me every time this topic comes up. Glad I grew up in Michigan. I had nothing like that growing up.

I can't even fathom why a grown up would want to beat a kid? Let alone your own kid.
We never lived in TX.

I guess that proves it might happen in other places too.

Maybe even Michigan.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Depends on the circumstance.

Next question should be ā€œwho ever got punched by their dad?ā€.

I did, only once, right cross, knocked me right over, for vandalism when drunk.

Thereā€™s a LOT of young men today whoā€™d be FAR better off if they had been punched out when appropriate by a righteous father.

As for me Iā€™ve never hit a woman or a kid and Iā€™m a stepdad. That coulda been difficult but as it turned out we got along well.

Nope, never punched that I recall.

Besides the belt, a whole lot of other punishment I won't get into, but if it was a hand it was always an open one.

Last time was when I was 14-15 or so??? Went to whack me with his hand I put my hands up in fists and told him it would be the last free on he got. He turned and left and all I had to face after that was restrictions and loss of privileges .

Mom would throw stuff, like cans of vegetables and stuff. She broke more than on wooden utensil over my hard head.

The nuns were fun too, and maybe a lay teacher. No Irish Brothers though!
I had the [bleep] whipped out of me with my dad's flushing whip to the point it drew blood several times, and it was usually for little or no reason.

The last time he did it I was 11 and his height. The third stroke I grabbed the whip and lashed him across the face. Astonishment and fear all over his face! He never lifted a hand to me again and changed dramatically.
Leather straps is all Houston_2ā€™s used to.
My Dad (May God rest his soul) put bridle reins across my ass and back a couple of times and I didn't appreciate that until years later! Golly.....I really miss he and Mom!
Many time growing up. My dad's weapon of choice.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Nope...

Same, except it was my mom with an orange section of Hot Wheels track. I was too afraid of my dad to even go near him. All I remember from him was a grizzly bear sized paw of a hand, swatting me and darn near sending me clear across the room! But when pushed too far, my mother would grab a piece of Hot Wheels track... Ouch...
Got the doubled over belt a few times. I remember a couple switches that I had to cut myself. I didn't get hit often. As I got older Dad preferred the open-handed bitch slap. I think I would have preferred to be punched with a closed fist over those.
Some of you guys sure were lucky!!!

I never got no damn Hotwheels track.

I had to play in the dirt...

Youā€™re like meā€¦

Math ainā€™t your strong suit.

Whooped with a leather belt until I had raised red marks that turned into bruises.

Each time that happened, I deserved it.

šŸ¦«
Yeah a 1.5-2 inch wide belt or 3 inch wide piece of wood mom used called the "Board of Education". Whoopings were common for my little brother and I.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Youā€™re like meā€¦

Whooped with a leather belt until I had raised red marks that turned into bruises.

šŸ¦«

Consider yourself lucky, a few time my arse was bleeding :o(

lol
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Youā€™re like meā€¦

šŸ¦«

lol

Blood was definitely at the surface sometimes. I wish pop had been a smidge more accurate with his belt and just hit my ass. I figure me wiggling like a snake caused my back and legs to take several impacts.

It was all good!ā€¦Iā€™d still head to the park and the community swimming pool. Both adults and kids back in the early 70ā€™s knew somebody, me, mustā€™ve done something worthy of that ass beating.

Lol

šŸ¦«
Yes. I went to a Catholic grade school. Until 5th grade. Then the Nuns told my parents I'm more suited for public school. They were right.
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Mom favored wire coat hangers.

Or the backend of a wire fly swatter

Youā€™re like meā€¦

šŸ¦«

lol

Blood was definitely at the surface sometimes. I wish pop had been a smidge more accurate with his belt and just hit my ass. I figure me wiggling like a snake caused my back and legs to take several impacts.

It was all good!ā€¦Iā€™d still head to the park and the community swimming pool. Both adults and kids back in the early 70ā€™s knew somebody, me, mustā€™ve done something worthy of that ass beating.

Lol

šŸ¦«

One time all I did was to get caught in class fondling my lady in the back row of the class while the teacher was teaching at the chalk board. I was in 2nd grade. I thought my father would be impressed, I was incorrect! lol

KB
One time all I did was to get caught in class fondling my lady in the back row of the class while the teacher was teaching at the chalk board. I was in 2nd grade. I thought my father would be impressed, I was incorrect! lol

KB

ā€œI was incorrectā€

LMFAO šŸ¤£

šŸ¦«
Belt, spoon, fly swatter, heeling stick. I got my ass beat a bunch.

One day, I told my dad if he hit me again, I was gonna hit back. That was the last whipping from him I ever took.
Only got the belt a couple times from Dad, but my mother could swing a wooden spoon faster than I could dodge it. at about 10 every time she broke a wooden spoon across my backside I had to buy her a new one. Dad you drive me down to the store to get her a new one. Cost me a lot of lawn mowing money.
Hot wheels track was worse than the belt
Originally Posted by blanket
Ooooooh yeah... I am still traumatized! I wonder if I should try to file for compensation! LOL... laugh
It was a razor strop to start with. This auto correction on the fire [bleep] sucks. Thanks Rick binn
it was a long handled hair brush for me and I deserved every one of them. We had a neighbor who tethered their kids to a lolly column in the basement and whipped them with a leather strap as they ran around he column. Those kids learned pretty quickly how to stay strap free.
Originally Posted by blanket

^^^Spoiled^^^

lol
© 24hourcampfire