Home
Posted By: bludog Today's verse - 02/02/23
Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ through His physical body. He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault.

Colossians 1:22

Truth, but sometime hard to grasp this reality.

God bless you today brothers!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
Amen good brother.
Posted By: RHClark Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
That's a hard one for most Christians, especially when the church pushes the importance of tithing and attendance. Both can be positive things but shouldn't be pushed as necessary to be a good Christian.
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
Thank-You Bludog! God Bless !
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
Might be helpful to read a few before and after

And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.
Colossians 1:21‭-‬23
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
Originally Posted by bludog
Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ through His physical body. He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault.

Colossians 1:22

Truth, but sometime hard to grasp this reality.

God bless you today brothers!

There is therefore now no condemnation…….

The portion of your comment that I outlined made me think about the often repeated discussions here concerning works and the impact or lack thereof concerning our salvation.

Based on those discussions it would appear that the few end up grasping the truth of what Paul was telling the Colossians even though they are in Christ.

Why do so few grasp this most fundamental truth of our faith?
Posted By: boatammo Re: Today's verse - 02/02/23
Amen
© 24hourcampfire