Home
Gentlemen, I am asking for prayers from those who are inclined to pray and kind thoughts and well wishes from those who choose not to for a member on this board who's wife is suffering with cancer. I'll not give his name because, to my knowledge, he hasn't publicly discussed these health issues affecting his wife and doesn't want to post things like this. We'll just call him Charlie. Charlie has been on the board for a long time and is very well respected among those who know him or have gotten acquainted with him here.

Charlie is also raising 2 girls who are still in school and he spends his time caring for his wife and being a dad to two beautiful, active girls. Charlie is a tough guy who spent a career in service to our country but he's worn out and needs to be lifted up. So those of us who pray, please lift Charlie, his wife and daughters up in prayer to God for peace, strength and discernment. Lift up the healthcare team and those involved in the care of Charlie's wife to be attentive to the needs of the family and give them clear vision and thoughts as they treat this dreaded disease.

If you are not inclined to pray, some kind thoughts I'm sure would be appreciated. Thank you all.
Hope the wife returns to good health, prayers sent for Charlie and family/friends...
You got it! Hope there's some light at the end of this tunnel.
Done and done,
Best of luck to the whole family during this difficult time.
Of course.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Prayers for him, his wife and their family!
Done
Prayers sent to Charlie, Mrs. Charlie & the rest of his family. there's power in prayer if you have faith! best wishes too all affected.....God Bless!!
Prayers for the family and for a full recovery.
I'll hold "Charlie" and his family in my thoughts, and wish them all godspeed.

Screw cancer!
Done
Prayers added for 'Charlie's situation. Cancer is everywhere.
Sent
Prayers sent.
Praying...Joe
Kind Thoughts forwarded...
Prayers and best wishes
Prayers sent for the family
Praying
Done!
Done
Certainly and done.
Prayers sent for the whole family.
Done
Originally Posted by Dutch
Screw cancer!

I second that. Devastating disease.

Prayers for the entire family.
Done.
Prayers sent for them all.
Done
Prayers sent. Cancer is rough. Just heard that a guy I know has pancreatic cancer. Prayers go out to everyone afflicted with cancer.
Prayers are done.
Done
Prayers sent.
Prayed for her healing, and peace of mind for family. Nothing is impossible with God.
Prayers sent from New Jersey!
Prayers sent.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Done

Too hell with cancer.
Done.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Praying. Isaiah 65:24, 2 Corinthians 1:20
Hope he can find the strength to persevere.
Sounds like he will. Best thoughts
Prayers for kicking Cancers Ass!!
Prayers for the Mr. Charlie family, and for the medical team treating Mrs. Charlie.
Praying, wishing them all the best.
Prayer sent on behalf of their family. πŸ™πŸ»

Hang in there, folks.
Prayers coming from Central Ohio.

Ron
Prayers for those families.
Very sorry to hear this! Prayers for healing, peace and the best possible outcome
Prayers sent, hang in there!
sent.
Praying that God will help this family with all their needs and lead, guide, and direct them.
Prayer sent for the healing hands of God to rid Charlie's wife of this terrible disease.
Praying for this family.
Praying for Charlie's wife.
Certainly will do so OSU..
OK,

consider it done.
Man, I hate hearing about this kind of stuff.

Prayers sent.
Of course - prayers will be sent!
I know the power of prayer - members here prayed and helped us through 2 bouts.
Prayers for Charlie, Mrs Charlie, family, doctors, clinicians, and all involved - no matter how minimally.
Cancer is a battle - not just a skirmish!
Prayers for Charlie that she’s buds scary
Prayers sent.
Thanks Cliff. We have been friends for along time, I have known a lot of you guys for along time as well.

It has been the hardest thing I have ever faced, and my wife of 21 years is facing her mortality like a champ, knowing she will not see either of her daughter graduate from high school, college or get married.

We have been working on videos for the girls for these life events, which to say the least is torture.

Luckily I retired right down the street from MD Anderson and she worked there while in college, they got in her right away and have done an incredible job through 4 skilled brain surgeries and multiple experimental treatments extending her life, but we are the point they are running out of options and her quality of life is declining rapidly.

The only option left is some help from
The Lord, so I will take all the prayers I can get.

Spence, aka Charles or Charlie lol.
Prayers on the way. Many of them. God Bless you all.
Prayers to you and yours. May God bless you.
Thanks to all for "being there". In spite of there being some real knot heads on this board, the overwhelming number of guys here are great. There are 4 pages of them here.
Hoping for the best.
Originally Posted by spence1875
Thanks Cliff. We have been friends for along time, I have known a lot of you guys for along time as well.

It has been the hardest thing I have ever faced, and my wife of 21 years is facing her mortality like a champ, knowing she will not see either of her daughter graduate from high school, college or get married. We have been working on videos for the girls for these life events, which to say the least is torture. - - - - - - - -Spence, aka Charles or Charlie lol.
Charlie - our entire family understands your situation too well - your supreme efforts at a time of fear with while absorbing one blow after another, the sense of impending loss, the concern and concentration on the future of growing youngsters who very well may lose their mom - all too real. Most certainly, you and yours are in the forefront of our prayers.

Thanks, OSU Sig, for this thread.
Done.

Thanks for making folks aware of this opportunity to pray.
Best wishes for a recovery and/or an ease to the suffering.
Prayers sent for this family.
done
Cliff,

seems I'm a little late to the program here, but definitely prayers for both "Charlie" and his young children...

Cancer is a tough thing to deal with. I've been part of the medical profession for many years in my adult life, and so have my wife and son.

Most people never hear this, but working on Cancer wards is one of the most avoided positions in many hospitals, because to most, it is the most depressing environment to work in for most people... but on the flip side, you don't hear much about that Cancer wards, usually have the lowest number of turnovers in staff....the ones who chose to work on them, are usually the most dedicated to their patients of any other discipline within the hospital... they average the lowest turn over rate, . I pray that Charlie's wife is getting the best care available from these dedicated care givers.

I have worked on these wards, when I worked in hospitals back in the late 70s in the military and the civilian world back in the early 80s.
I was able to " be able to take it", where many couldn't. I have seen so much strength in family members, as they had to go thru and deal with losing their loved ones this way. I think that is where my strength to be able to handle it came from...

I pray for those that have to deal with the illness, but you also become involved with the family, as you go thru this with them assigned to their loved one, who is one of your patients. Those are the survivors, yet you have to deal with them. feeling guilt over that... Why is it their loved one going thru this, when many family members wish they could trade places, so that their loved one doesn't have to die, it being them instead.

Care by staff on Cancer wards, is pretty much off the charts... its a challenge that never ends.. one patient is replaced by another, when the last one passes.. but their care doesn't ever slow down... their dedication only stronger.. and it is from their strength, they give that back to the family members and the patient under their care... its a cycle that is a silver lining in a dark cloud.

Prayers for Charlie and his children, and prayers that his lovely wife will be able to overcome this terrible disease.. May God's strength be with them thru all of this....
Prayers for your wife and family
Spence, you got my prayers.
Spence, praying for you and your family. Tough time in life to face it. My mother is 61 and starts chemo next week for cancer, Cancer sucks!
Prayers from Ft Worth.
Prayers sent
Prayers
Charlie, prayers for you and your family through this time.

We have another member here, Dale06, who is going through the very same thing. Prayers for him and his are also included.

OSU, thanks for the post.
All the best to his family, and prayer that things head in the right direction today.
Originally Posted by spence1875

It has been the hardest thing I have ever faced, and my wife of 21 years is facing her mortality like a champ, knowing she will not see either of her daughter graduate from high school, college or get married.

We have been working on videos for the girls for these life events, which to say the least is torture.

Luckily I retired right down the street from MD Anderson and she worked there while in college, they got in her right away and have done an incredible job through 4 skilled brain surgeries and multiple experimental treatments extending her life, but we are the point they are running out of options and her quality of life is declining rapidly.

The only option left is some help from
The Lord, so I will take all the prayers I can get.

Spence, aka Charles or Charlie lol.

Sorry to hear this Spence, as you are one of the good guys. Prayers sent for you and your family, May you all find peace.
May God hold this family in his hands and give them the strength to endure.
On the way from here.
Prayers Sent !
More prayers sent.

May God give your entire family peace that surpasses all human understanding.

His mercies never cease, they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Stay strong my campfire brother.
Prayers sent.
Praying for Spence and his family.
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Praying that God will help this family with all their needs and lead, guide, and direct them.

God answers our prayers. We have faith in our merciful Creator and He gives us hope for the future.

May peace and understanding bless this family and their caretakers, friends and supporters in this time of need.

Thank you for your concern for your friends and family and for sharing this opportunity for 24HCF members to help others by multiple prayers.

Jim
Done and Amen. Godspeed, Spence.
Prayers sent
Prayers sent
Spence,

Don’t have the words for you man. Making the videos, as hard as they are, will be golden some day. My mother lost her 14 month battle with cancer when our daughter was 5 months old. The videos are the only memories she has of her grandmother. The one’s where my Mom is holding her are special beyond words.

I’m keeping a good thought for you and your wife and kids.
From one "charlie" who's wife's outlook was kinda bleak due to the Big C, to another "charlie" doing currently doing battle; keep the faith. My wife has been cancer free for 5 years. Folks on here were awfully generous with their prayers. God bless them.

Peace and comfort to you and yours.

cf
Prayers sent!
Prayers sent for the entire family! πŸ™
Done
I am praying for your wife, you, your daughters, and all her loved ones. She sounds like a real trooper. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Jim
© 24hourcampfire