Home
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
I'm sure there's at least one of you dipsnits that are considering kicking the ole lady to the curb, and not wanting to pollute the Friday Musice thread, I thought I'd start this here. Feel free to post whatever songs you feel best suits your feelings on your break up. No explanations needed as to why. We've all been there at some point.....

Here's mine:

Posted By: CashisKing Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
No need to be Coy Roy... has always been a fun line fo me.
Posted By: memtb Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
My favorite …. “Thank God and Greyhound” by Roy Clark!

Though, I have no intention of parting with mine! 😉memtb

Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: hookeye Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: hanco Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: hanco Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: 320090T Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
She broke my heart so I broke her jaw

Hillbilly Hustle, I think
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23

Posted By: Teal Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Sorta but not exact...

Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
That Roy Clark song is great. Although, he does describe himself as a man of wealth and power who is ruined by a narcissistic bitch, yet he lacks the strength to dump her.

A "man" who is utterly pu*ssy whipped.
Posted By: Jerry_Lundegaard Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: TheKid Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Nobody has posted the actual “Breakup song” by the Greg Kihn band yet? Figured 13 people who didn’t read the thread would have separately posted it.
Posted By: Bry Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: Santiam Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: Bry Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: rainshot Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Jim Reeves "he'll have to go". Everly Brothers " By By Love".
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/17/23
Posted By: efw Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

Posted By: battue Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
A good, upbeat example.

~~~You ran around like ya thought I was blind,
But leaving' would take that load off my mind~~~
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Originally Posted by TheKid
Nobody has posted the actual “Breakup song” by the Greg Kihn band yet? Figured 13 people who didn’t read the thread would have separately posted it.

Here ya go.
Posted By: 16penny Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: tdbob Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: slumlord Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: 700LH Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Originally Posted by 320090T
She broke my heart so I broke her jaw

Hillbilly Hustle, I think
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[video:yahoo]
[/video]
Posted By: Bry Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: joken2 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by TheKid

Here ya go.

Beat me to it !
Posted By: Santiam Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
The King of a guy leaving songs.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Not a song ... but it should be. grin

Winner, National Break-up Letter Contest

Dear Susan :

I know the counselor said we shouldn't contact each other during our "cooling off" period, but I couldn't wait anymore. The day you left, I swore I'd never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little boy in me talking. Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make contact.

In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride's cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I don't care about looking bad anymore. I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us does. Maybe it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is what my heart says...

"There's no one like you, Susan." I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but they're not you. They're not even close. Two weeks ago, I met this girl at Ithaca Bar and brought her home with me. I don't say this to hurt you, but just to illustrate the depth of my desperation.

She was young, maybe 19, with one of those perfect bodies that only youth and maybe a childhood spent ice skating can give you. I mean, just a perfect body. Jugs you wouldn't believe and an ass like a tortoise shell. Every man's dream, right? But as I sat on the couch being blown by this stunner, I thought, look at the stuff we've made important in our lives. It's all so superficial. What does a perfect body mean?

Does it make her better in bed? Well, in this case, yes. But you see what I'm getting at. Does it make her a better person? Does she have a better heart than my moderately attractive Susan? I doubt it. And I'd never really thought of that before. I don't know, maybe I'm just growing up a little.

Later, after I'd tossed her about a half a pint of throat yogurt, I found myself thinking, "why do I feel so drained and empty?" It wasn't just her flawless technique or her slutty, shameless hunger, but something else. Some [bleep] feeling of loss. Why did it feel so incomplete? And then it hit me.

It didn't feel the same because you weren't there, Susan, to watch. Do you know what I mean? Nothing feels the same without you. Jesus, Susan, I'm just going crazy without you. And everything I do just reminds me of you.

Do you remember Carol, that single mom we met in Upper Side last year? Well, she dropped by last week with a pan of lasagna. She said she figured I wasn't eating right without a woman around. I didn't know what she meant till later, but that's not the real story. Anyway, we had a few glasses of wine and the next thing you know we're banging away in our old bedroom.

I'm telling you this tart is a total monster in the sack. She's giving me everything, you know, like a real woman does when she's not hung up about her weight or her career and whether the kids can hear us. And all of a sudden she spots that tilting mirror on your grandmother's old vanity. So she puts it on the floor and we straddle it, right, so we can watch ourselves. And it's totally hot, but it makes me sad, too. 'Cause I can't help thinking, "Why didn't Susan ever put the mirror on the floor" We've had this old vanity for what, 14 years, and we never used it as a sex aid."

Saturday, your sister drops by with my copy of the restraining order. I mean, Vicky's just a kid and all, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders and she's been a real friend to me during this painful time. She's given me lots of good counsel about you and about women in general She is pulling for us to get back together, Susan. She really is.

So we're drinking in a hot bath and talking about happier times. Here's this teenage girl with the same DNA as you and all I can do is think of how much she looked like you when you were 18. And that just about makes me cry. And then it turns out Vicky's really into the whole anal thing and that gets me to thinking about how many times I pressured you about trying it and how that probably fueled some of the bitterness between us.

But do you see how even then, when I'm thrusting inside your baby sister's cinnamon ring, all I can do is think of you? It's true, Susan. In your heart do you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances and start fresh? I think we can.

If you feel the same please, please, please give me a call, otherwise, can you let me know where the remote control is.

John

L.W. wink
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: pahick Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
The whole damn song f'in rocks! Pendin on your mentality it'll make ya lose yur schit(me) but keep you from bustin all her f'in windows outta her car(also me).... bout 1:56 or so it hits ya hard...

Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
"Release Me" by Engelbert. Quite a beautiful break up song.
Posted By: okie Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Hey Bry! Good to see you! Welcome!
Yeah, I'm busy stirring the pot here! LOL!

Travis Tritt - "Here's A Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares!)"

One of my favorites!

Mark Chestnut "Bubba Shot The Jukebox Last Night"

Garth Brooks - "Friends In Low Places"

Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Hey Bry! Good to see you! Welcome!
Yeah, I'm busy stirring the pot here! LOL!

Travis Tritt - "Here's A Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares!)"

Back at ‘ya my friend.

Posted By: Polecat Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: Squidge Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

Posted By: Squidge Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Ahhh! Cat Suits. smile
Posted By: DavePrice Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

Posted By: gunzo Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

And I cant believe this went 4 pages & Neil Sadaki by crackie was left out;
Posted By: gunzo Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: SMalloy805 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

Posted By: add Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: ironbender Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23

This one held great meaning for a time years ago.

Posted By: Dutch Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
The Eagles - "Lyin' Eyes"

John Anderson - "Your Lying Blue Eyes"

Patsy Cline - "If You've Got Leavin' On Your Mind"

Patty Loveless - "Blame It On Your Heart"

Johnny Cash & June Carter - "It Ain't Me, Babe"

Posted By: gregintenn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Break-Up songs - 02/18/23
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23

Posted By: tedthorn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: autoshopteacher Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Summer Wine. Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
She's Gone by Steelheart
Posted By: Santiam Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: DMc Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Originally Posted by add
Not typically my kind of music but I always liked this song
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: Muffin Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
It's right in the title. Quirky, fun song from the late 90's.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Originally Posted by autoshopteacher
Summer Wine. Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra

"When I woke up the sun was shinin' in my eyes
The room was empty and my head felt twice its size
She took my silver spurs, a dollar and a dime
And left me prayin' for, more summer wine..."
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Dear Susan :

I know the counselor said we shouldn't contact each other during our "cooling off" period, but I couldn't wait anymore. The day you left, I swore I'd never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little boy in me talking. Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make contact.

In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride's cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I don't care about looking bad anymore. I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us does. Maybe it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is what my heart says...

"There's no one like you, Susan." I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but they're not you. They're not even close. Two weeks ago, I met this girl at Ithaca Bar and brought her home with me. I don't say this to hurt you, but just to illustrate the depth of my desperation.

She was young, maybe 19, with one of those perfect bodies that only youth and maybe a childhood spent ice skating can give you. I mean, just a perfect body. Jugs you wouldn't believe and an ass like a tortoise shell. Every man's dream, right? But as I sat on the couch being blown by this stunner, I thought, look at the stuff we've made important in our lives. It's all so superficial. What does a perfect body mean?

Does it make her better in bed? Well, in this case, yes. But you see what I'm getting at. Does it make her a better person? Does she have a better heart than my moderately attractive Susan? I doubt it. And I'd never really thought of that before. I don't know, maybe I'm just growing up a little.

Later, after I'd tossed her about a half a pint of throat yogurt, I found myself thinking, "why do I feel so drained and empty?" It wasn't just her flawless technique or her slutty, shameless hunger, but something else. Some [bleep] feeling of loss. Why did it feel so incomplete? And then it hit me.

It didn't feel the same because you weren't there, Susan, to watch. Do you know what I mean? Nothing feels the same without you. Jesus, Susan, I'm just going crazy without you. And everything I do just reminds me of you.

Do you remember Carol, that single mom we met in Upper Side last year? Well, she dropped by last week with a pan of lasagna. She said she figured I wasn't eating right without a woman around. I didn't know what she meant till later, but that's not the real story. Anyway, we had a few glasses of wine and the next thing you know we're banging away in our old bedroom.

I'm telling you this tart is a total monster in the sack. She's giving me everything, you know, like a real woman does when she's not hung up about her weight or her career and whether the kids can hear us. And all of a sudden she spots that tilting mirror on your grandmother's old vanity. So she puts it on the floor and we straddle it, right, so we can watch ourselves. And it's totally hot, but it makes me sad, too. 'Cause I can't help thinking, "Why didn't Susan ever put the mirror on the floor" We've had this old vanity for what, 14 years, and we never used it as a sex aid."

Saturday, your sister drops by with my copy of the restraining order. I mean, Vicky's just a kid and all, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders and she's been a real friend to me during this painful time. She's given me lots of good counsel about you and about women in general She is pulling for us to get back together, Susan. She really is.

So we're drinking in a hot bath and talking about happier times. Here's this teenage girl with the same DNA as you and all I can do is think of how much she looked like you when you were 18. And that just about makes me cry. And then it turns out Vicky's really into the whole anal thing and that gets me to thinking about how many times I pressured you about trying it and how that probably fueled some of the bitterness between us.

But do you see how even then, when I'm thrusting inside your baby sister's cinnamon ring, all I can do is think of you? It's true, Susan. In your heart do you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances and start fresh? I think we can.

If you feel the same please, please, please give me a call, otherwise, can you let me know where the remote control is.

John

L.W. wink

That's good!
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Dear Susan :

John

L.W. wink

That's good!

Great one, leanwolf!
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: VinceM Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: Santiam Re: Break-Up songs - 02/19/23
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Break-Up songs - 02/20/23
Think It Over

By Jimmy Donely, 1965-66.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Break-Up songs - 02/20/23