Home
Posted By: RickinTN Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
Hello all,
I have suffered from Restless leg syndrome for several years. I started with a .5 mg dose of Ropinerol, then updated to 1mg, then to the 1.5 mg that I'm taking now. It doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be. If you have Restless leg what does your MD treat yours with? any natural or vitamins that have worked for you?
Take care!
Rick
Valerian is said to help, and in my experience it may. It is a general calmative, helping your body to relax and allowing you to sleep. I take two 500 mg capsules of it on nights when I want to get to sleep and/or avoid the restless leg.

If you look online (I have a hard time finding it in stores lately) avoid the mega dose ones like 3000 mg. Clinical studies of valerian use 900 mg doses.

I use this kind...LINK
I think Biden has restless pecker.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
Try 200 mg of CoQ10.

Dr. had me on statins & recommended the supplement for the leg problems they cause. I soon quit the damn statins but keep the CQ close.
Posted By: hardway Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
I took gabapenten (sp) for an unrelated issue but when I researched it one of the common uses was to treat restless leg syndrome.
Posted By: longarm Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
More exercise during the day alleviates mine. No drugs here.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
Getting old has many pitfalls.

What was once restless dick turns into restless leg.
Zinc.
I take 1200 mg of Gabapentin/day. 600 in the morning and 600 just before bedtime. I can't tell that it offers me any relief. If I take Ropinerol before dinner I have a pretty good chance of the Restless leg not bothering me that night. If I take it after dinner I'll be 2 or 3 hours being able to go to sleep.
Rick
If you are in a state with medical or legalized cannabis, try a strain with high CBD content. It has stopped the spasms I used to get at night and allows me to sleep great.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
I eliminated all consumption of caffeine.

Surprise! No more restless leg syndrome.
Only if I take a Sudafed or similar for sinus.

Coffee doesn't bother me at all.
Gabapentin is a workaround. I took it for a while and it didn't do much for me for headaches I experienced after coughing or sneezing that the medical community couldn't seem to find. It eventually ended up in brain surgery which I was fortunate to survive. I kept telling anyone that would listen that I thought it was a vascular problem but they couldn't prove it. Sometimes I think our medical establishment is still operating in the dark ages. Even with all the advancements we have they ignore half of them if they're not profitable. They will still punish any doctor that dares prescribe Ivermectin. There is a Doctor Stanislaw Burzynski in or near Houston Texas that has successfully cured many forms of cancer for years with cheap medicines he discovered years ago. The FDA has taken him to court many times trying to discredit him and take away his license. They have lost every time. They even filed eleven patens on his medicine and have done trials trying to discredit him by using a reduced dose of it. He still works and people from all over the world come to him to be cured. Look up "Cancer Cure Cover-up (Conspiracy Documentary) Real Stories on YouTube. A cheap cure for cancer would devastate the medical community and big pharma. It's a disease we cannot afford to cure.
Opioids are the last treatment because they work so well for it, and so does kratom. Things that exacerbate it are, some muscle relaxers, benadryl, melatonin and SSRI's.
Originally Posted by longarm
More exercise during the day alleviates mine. No drugs here.
This.
My Mom found that taking Restoril (Temazepam) at night really helped her restless leg problem
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Hello all,
I have suffered from Restless leg syndrome for several years. I started with a .5 mg dose of Ropinerol, then updated to 1mg, then to the 1.5 mg that I'm taking now. It doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be. If you have Restless leg what does your MD treat yours with? any natural or vitamins that have worked for you?
Take care!
Rick

Maybe try a half teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia for Magnesium for a while.

Posted By: jnyork Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Getting old has many pitfalls.

What was once restless dick turns into restless leg.

laugh
"I Cant Stop My Leg", Robert Klein...
I think too many people confuse RLS with cramps. There are people that commit suicide over RLS because they get it so bad. It's an internal urge to move. It's nearly impossible to describe to anyone that's never experienced it before.
My wife has had it for a couple years now.
Mine got really bad when I was weaning myself off of opioids for back pain. I still get it once in a great while and I swear it is all the meds the VA has me on. Exercise and good diet seem to do me the most good!
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/02/23
I have noticed that when I have an episode of restless leg is the same time I'm dreaming of walking or running (trying to run) I can never seem to be able to run in my dreams. I keep trying and trying but I never can. I think I am trying so hard in my dream that my legs start to move around....

I have since been able to recognize that I am dreaming (during my dream) and am able to wake myself up most times......
Posted By: Etoh Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/03/23
as a vitamin try Niacin in the higher dose range.
or go big and have your doc. write to a compounding pharmacy for NAD injectable and
Gabapentin 5%/Ketoprofen 5%/lidocaine%5 transdermal cream.

restless leg and bladder control have some of the same neurological conditions. not enough energy to react to the inhibitory messages sent via CNS

NAD is a major necessity in mitochondria for energy production
the cream will only effect locally, no liver by pass and no central nervous system
.5 mg clonansepam (sp) seems to help me.
Exercise helps. Try kickin' some liberal ass now and then.
Posted By: BlueDoe Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/03/23
I had [have] it, it feels like tickling and pinpricking and gets worse when I try to get to sleep. I started on hormone replacement therapy for other problems[63 yo female] and along with these improving, the RLS went away. When it is time for another shot of HRT, I always know because the RLS comes back. I've never heard of this as a therapy, but it works for me--just my two cents.
I have restless brain syndrome when I try to fall asleep.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Restless leg. Anyone else? - 03/03/23
Forgot to add
RL syndrome is caused by low dopamine. Low dose naltrexone (1-6mg range) works well for the pain.
© 24hourcampfire