Home
?
Farthest back follows the name, through 2 Americanizations.
1750s or 60s.
Crusades, have ancestors buried in Istanbul.
dillonbuck 260-270 years back.
Late 1700s. Before that it becomes questionable.
Back to Clan Maguire.
On my Father's side from Kent to Long Island in 1715.

On my mother's side from France to Quebec in 1750.
1620-1630.
Zero.
To at least back to 1660 or so.
My aunt did a family tree as far back as 1400s ancestors were dukes in Scotland and owned a castle
Knew my grandparents and one set of great grandparents…
Wife’s father’s side…..to near the time of Christ! On my side…..when they started keeping prison records! 😂 memtb
My cousins have traced it back about 800 years on my fathers side and about 125 years on my mothers. The issue is being blankets on half the family
My first direct ancestor that came to America, William Wilcoxson, was born in 1601, died in 1652. Records go back farther.
Fighting the revolutionary war.

Was a canon master on Old Ironsides.
Adam. cool
Mom’s side early 1900s from Germany. Dad’s side back to Alamo.
late 1700's
Two generations.
814AD
There was a fantastic series of Doonesbury (I know, I know) strips back when Roots was all the rage. Ginny had a boyfriend, Clyde, whose occupation was being between jobs. One day one of his buddies happened by and asked Ginny where Clyde was. She explained that the movie had inspired him to go to the library and research his ancestry. The buddy shows up at the library and greets Clyde with, "Clyde, you figure out who your old man was yet?".
A couple of Individuals back to early 1600.
In the USA?…. I have a direct descendant (Matthew Thornton) that signed the Declaration of Independence. I can trace (or could) trace my family back to the 14th or 15th century without much trouble. I’m of mostly Northern European lineage on both sides of the family…some Anglo and some Saxon…actually a lot of Saxon. 😀

I’d love to do the ancestry DNA thing but I don’t trust the sons of bitches…
It would be a lot of work to trace it back very far. Everyone has 1024 8th great grandparents. That only takes you back about 250 years. Anyone who can trace back to 3 or 4 of those lines has done a lot of work.

To go back 400 years you would need to know thousands of people you're directly descended from.

I have information on a few of them going back to 5 generations.
My cousin did the history of our clan of Oldham’s as far back to 1754, when a fellow named Thomas Oldham came from England.
He got off in Philadelphia, his son 20 years later opened the first sawmill in what was then Bedford County. Bedford County at that time took in all of Fulton and Somerset counties, and parts of Franklin as well. He also killed wolves for the bounty.
Like I said previously, to my knowledge there were no slave owners, and several ancestors were married into the Quaker religion, which was among the first groups to adopt the abolitionist movement in the US.
I know I had a great great uncle who served in the Pennsylvania “Bucktails” regiment in the Civil War.
Unfortunately, Bill never took it any further.
I know there’s a town called Oldham in Manchester England. I also know there’s a few other states which have counties sharing my family name.
I have no idea if there’s any connection to my particular branch though.
7mm
I’ve spent a good deal of time in Oldham and Mottram outside of Manchester back in the mid 1990’s and early 2000’s. 👍🏼
7mm,
Somerset, was Bedford County. They split because travel was so difficult.
Imagine going from Bakersville to Bedford for business.
On a horse, no roads. I'm thinking 4 days total?

In our family book it mentions most commerce was in Chambersburg.
Can't imagine that trip from Fairhope.
It's a good ride now!

Parts of Cambria, Huntingdon and Blair came off Bedford County also
Well my parents live down the road about 1/2 mile.
Our origins were from Italy 13th century immigrated to the Pyrenees area then England and then colonial Virginia early 1700's. We are fortunate it is that well documented.
On my dad's side, 1521. On my mom's sode, early 1600s.
If you were to ask my father, he would have said all the way back to Totenburg Forest.

The truth of the matter is KYHillChick is the family genealogist. The last time I checked with her, we'd got mostly everything nailed down for 6 generations. Some lineages are documented to 12 generations. In the case of my father's father's lineage, the documented trail stops abruptly in 1792. However, we know that it winds back to the local salt merchants of Marburg and that they go all the way back to Roman times. They bought themselves a local barony and a posting as Cardinal in the 13th century. There is a statue of the Cardinal in a New York museum that is the spitting image of my father. When Martin Luther shook things up, they saw a better deal and changed sides. They gave Luther succor.

The most historically significant root was in the Stephens clan of McCreary County, KY. These would be her father's mother's kin. They hold the dark distinction of being directly related to Thomas FitzStephen, the captain of the White Ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ship

More recently, her father's father's kin were Balls and are directly related to Mary Ball, George Washington's mother.

As for the rest of the tree, I think the record for the longest root is on KYHillChick's side. It used to be that families would pay for elaborate genealogies that went back to Charlemagne or some other known figure. They were highly suspect. However, 'HillChick found one related to one of her English lineages that traced that family back to a Pictish king named Og.
1500’s
To the "bullshit line". laugh
1100s in Austria for Mom's side. Early 1600s in England for Dad's side.
Shaman says
More recently, her father's father's kin were Balls and are directly related to Mary Ball, George Washington's mother.
my wife is decended from Col. George Eskridge, who was Mary Ball's guardian when she was a young child. The future President was named after Col. Eskridge
1695, Londonderry, County Antrim, Ireland.
My mother tied us back to Plymouth Rock. Hasn't done anything outside of America.
Just visited one my revolutionary War ancestors grave, died 1777. He is buried next to general William maxwell. Some of the first graves in the cemetary.
I knew both my grandmothers. That’s it.
My Mothers hobby was family history.

Have a binder about 4" thick with family group sheets in it, tracing back to Europe in the 1600's

Virgil B.
Back to about 1854 when my fathers side came over from Belgium to take advantage of agricultural opportunities in Indiana. They ended up in Ohio. Some farmed and had dairy cows and others opened a local dairy. Best I can tell they came over as a group. At that time the US was paying Belgium to promote immigration of experienced agricultural workers to the US.
Early middle ages along a few lines. Doubt the accuracy however.
Mid 1700's when three brothers were given the option by a Scottish court to either be imprisoned or go to the New World. Horse thieves...
Scot-Irish on my father's side of the tree, traced back to central Scotland in the 1400's by one of his relatives. They arrived in South Carolina in 1763, and there's a Revolutionary War officer with the family name in a cemetery there. There's a possibility some of my ancestors were at the battle of King's Mountain. They were in Tennessee by the 1820's. On my mother's side, there's some similar lineage, plus a lady who immigrated from England in the late 1800's, and also a little Cherokee. One of my cousins whose last name is Boone can trace a direct line to Daniel back through several generations.
My better half has traced her lineage to 551 BCE.

KB
Back to 1500 with one branch.
A relative made a tree that goes back to about 1100 and that is where it gets fuzzy. So it is possible I could be my own first cousin.
My people were run out of England and Ireland and were too busy trying to survive in the Southern Mountains, so the records aren't great, but I can trace back to the mid 1700s without too much trouble. Not on every branch of my family, though. There are some marriage ties to family of Daniel Boone on Dad's side.
Back to 1786. A lawyer had it done while searching for the rightful heir to a farm.
About 1860, or so.
It may be Time to Tighten Up Family Tree’s Documents and store them in your Time Capsule for who’s ever left to know their Roots ..

A Storm of Unknown Dimensions is Close at Hand
The LDS records have my direct grandfathers going back in America to Captain William Powell, Jamestown's commander, arriving in 1610, goes back further in England/Wales, but that's as far as I care about.

Mother's side goes back to the French colonists in Canada, then down to Ste. Genevieve establishing the first colony on the west side of the Mississippi, 1700s, California in the 1840s to grow wine grapes, greatgrandfather to Arizona, Hotel owner in Prescott and famous hunter.

That's just the two namesake sides from my mother and father.

Kent
Both sides of my family had Hessians fighting for the British. Both of which ended fighting for the Americans.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
?
Nathaniel “nate” Griffin
Originally Posted by reivertom
My people were run out of England and Ireland and were too busy trying to survive in the Southern Mountains, so the records aren't great, but I can trace back to the mid 1700s without too much trouble. Not on every branch of my family, though. There are some marriage ties to family of Daniel Boone on Dad's side.

We're cousins!! Daniel Boone (Boone family) in my family tree, too.
Family bible says one thing...Ancestry.com says another thing. Immigration documents says another thing. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine a slave ship being blown off course into a Norwegian fjord. I think my grandfather's name was Kintu-Mugabe, but he took the name Olav Halverson for convenience. Personally, the more I read about this 'reparations' thing, the more I am convinced my family were albino slaves...and I got some money coming.
My mother traced lineage back to the 1500s in Germany. She traced my dads back to the 1300s in Finland. There is also Danish and Swedish in there.
1650’s when three brothers arrived from Holland.
Mom' side goes back to 1620's in Wales before they came to area now Maryland.Came to NC sometime before 1776 as house my Mom was born in was built prior to that. Dad's grandfather left Germany in 1870's by himself and came through Ellis Island sometime after that. Wife's family goes back to time of Revolution on father's side and her mothers from eh, who knows....
I wonder how many of us have a few "kissin' cousins" and/or ethnic embarrassments in the family tree that had the branches pruned away in the official record?
In 1946 I was the 4th generation on my Dad's side to have been born in Denver. My Great Great Grandfather on my Dad's side homesteaded where the town of Bennett (east of Denver) is and the town was named after him. He was into politics in the 1860's and was Colorado's first representative to the US Congress. The Colorado HistoricalSociety published a book about him. Years ago, my Grandparents on my Dad's side spent 6 months in England and traced the family there back into the 1400s.

I'm the black sheep of the famile. By 1975 Colorado got too crowded for me and I moved to Montana.
The ironbender clan is immortal - Always was; Always will be.
great whatever granpa who is buried 8 miles from mom and dads in West Virginia ,came over from scotland in 1760's
Well I traced those Kings of Wessex to Cerdic of Wessex. Born before 495AD in Germany and came over to Briton and became the first King of Wessex and died in 534AD.
Just exactly far enough to get a second passport.
I knew my mom and dad and their parents. Knew one GGM. Far back as it goes. I know that I must have descended from Viking royalty being 38% Scandinavian.
Ol mike: I prefer to look forward NOT backwards!
So not interested.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I know my great, great, great, great, grandfather lived to be 75 and was born in 1728.
1500's from Italy, then Spain, then to what we now know historically as The Louisiana Purchase.
Scotland 1600s who ever moved here and was with Washington in the revolutionary war.Family tree branches out from there they all wore grey and fought dam Yankees in the 1860s.
On this continent, one ancestor came over on the Mayflower, he married a woman who came over earlier but unknown when. Can go back into the late 1500s on him but no further as a page is missing in the church bible/census in England so his grand parents are unknown.

Another branch has Indian blood but actual records do not go back nearly as far for that line as for the European side who came over in the mid-1700s from The Netherlands.

Two anscestors came over from Ireland in the 1860s, one joined the Union Army a couple weeks after arriving. Another arrived in the 1870s. These were the latest to arrive on my father's side.

My dad's side is fairly well researched as a cousin of his did genealogy searches for a living so spent a fair bit of time researching her side too. She compiled 2 large 3-ring binders of anscestors many years ago. She digitalized the info later but I have my dad's binders too. They are far more interesting to page through than looking at a computer screen.

My mom's side all came over around 1900 from Sweden on her dad's side,1880s Sweden and pre WWI Germany on her mom's. That is pretty much everything known of her side and came from a junior high assignment I was given. Interviews with my mom's aunts were all I had to work with. And those weren't very enlightening with no real knowledge of anything prior to arriving in America being passed on.
I forgot about the Indian thing great grandma on dad side full blood pamunkey.Trace that back chief Powhatan aka Pocahontas dad wife was pamunkey.
The only thing that counts is what, and how we all do here, and now.
Traced our family back to pre-Revolutionary War days in eastern PA, my paternal grandmother had brothers who were Civil War veterans.
Had a relative in Ohio who did a incredibly detailed research of the history of my mom's side of the family, going all the way back to a Scottish Knight in the eleventh century, right up to the 20th century.

She printed it in book form, and mailed out a notebook every 5 years, updating with births, deaths and marriages. Made for fascinating reading.

Sadly, she passed in the late 1990's
Harman Bach landed in modern day Virginia approx 1638, from Freudenberg Germany. My grandmother was a half Bach. My mother was a quarter Bach.
Traced my maternal grandfather's ancestor's back to 900AD.

Other lines much more problematic requiring other than internet search databases.
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Well I traced those Kings of Wessex to Cerdic of Wessex. Born before 495AD in Germany and came over to Briton and became the first King of Wessex and died in 534AD.
Was that Cerdic the Entertainer?
Mama's baby Daddy's Maybe. You never really know. I never wanted to find out My great Grandmomma was a Ho.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Mama's baby Daddy's Maybe. You never really know. I never wanted to find out My great Grandmomma was a Ho.

If she was mentioned in a family history book, she would be a free-spirit who made friends quickly and was loved by many.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com][Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
My Dad did so back to pre revolution America and onto Europe in some cases. He seemed to put some importance in the endeavor, he spent about thirty years doing so. Then he put it all in books and distributed to us kids.

Then he wrote imaginary novels of their lives, based on nothing more than birth dates, death dates and marriage records.

If it all survived the last move, I have all my copies stashed in a box somewhere. I have not bothered to read any of it. I am a firm believer that we are each a self made man. What our ancestors did or did not do has no relevance upon what I have or will do with my life.

I have not disposed of it because: I don't know, one of my grandkids might become Morman or something and find it of interest.
Didn't read the whole thread but have to ask, did you all discover this through DNA websites?
My brother has compiled all the family tree stuff.

I think he has some of our folks back into the early 1700's when they came over from the old country. I know he has PICTURES of some ancestors that were born before Abraham Lincoln was born.
Worry about your descendants 1000 years in the future, better yet 10000 years. That'll prove you a winner or a fugghing loser.
Mcloud clan from Scotland
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Worry about your descendants 1000 years in the future, better yet 10000 years. That'll prove you a winner or a fugghing loser.
well you won't have any offspring to worry about since you're a futtbucker, unless you suddenly become pregnant !

Nah... you'll more likely die suddenly from all the clot shots you were stupid enough to take
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Didn't read the whole thread but have to ask, did you all discover this through DNA websites?

Why? The family Bible and oral tradition is waaaaay more accurate.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I don't know if I would go with accurate; interesting, maybe.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
My Dad did so back to pre revolution America and onto Europe in some cases. He seemed to put some importance in the endeavor, he spent about thirty years doing so. Then he put it all in books and distributed to us kids.

Then he wrote imaginary novels of their lives, based on nothing more than birth dates, death dates and marriage records.

If it all survived the last move, I have all my copies stashed in a box somewhere. I have not bothered to read any of it. I am a firm believer that we are each a self made man. What our ancestors did or did not do has no relevance upon what I have or will do with my life.

I have not disposed of it because: I don't know, one of my grandkids might become Morman or something and find it of interest.

The sad thing is that, having had the misfortune to be born ahead of us, our ancestors missed out on discovering just how wonderful we are and being able to brag about us.

Familysearch.org. Run by the LDS church.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I don't know if I would go with accurate; interesting, maybe.

Satire. When you’re writing it down, you can tell your story any way you like it lol
I don't trust them enough to GIVE them my DNA.

That's all.
To my dad and mom.

That's all.

Understandable.

But lots of folks are also afraid it ain’t going to match what they were told. They’ll never admit it though lol. It’s easier to to say they came over on the mayflower and fücked pocohauntus and thus have some kind of birth rite? People get really wierd about this stuff.
Originally Posted by Steve

Me too. Did you find the bullshit line? grin
There's a bassinet in the pilgrim hall museum off the mayflower that likely belonged to a family member. White. Peregrine white.
Susannah North Martin, Salem witch, is my 9th Great Grandmother....

Edward I, Plantagenet is my 21st Great Grandfather....

John Maynard, 9the Great Grandfather, emigrated in the 'second migration' 1634, I still wear the surname....

That's all.

Understandable.

But lots of folks are also afraid it ain’t going to match what they were told. They’ll never admit it though lol. It’s easier to to say they came over on the mayflower and fücked pocohauntus and thus have some kind of birth rite? People get really wierd about this stuff.

Well, to be fair, I'd probably fugck her too...
Originally Posted by Squidge

I'm slow. Not getting it.
I went back to me Great Grand Dad, about as far as I went.
Mine goes all the way back to some guy named Adam.....
Originally Posted by Squidge

I'm slow. Not getting it.

Go to your tree, pick a line and see how far it goes back, once you hit a dead end go back and pick a different ancestral line. Keep doing this and see how far back you can take it, you may find an entry for Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalen, and three children. There will be a note

"!" Children Mismatch: This person has children but has a fact listed as "No Children."

Aka, the bullshit line. grin

Do I need to post a screen shot?
1st American Born 3x great Gramps I could trace.
Revolutionary War soldier Contenental Army rgt from NH.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One Morrison great Gramps goes back to born in 1516 in England
Morrison side boogied to new Brunswick during the revolutionary War.
Came back to Maine in the 1820,s
But they played in the Civil War and ones after all the way thru Vietnam.
DGAF about other maternal or paternal branches names to tell the truth.
Fathers mom led me one direction per her maiden name.
Gramp Morrison my mothers dad led another.

Find a grave website or something like that.
Pretty confusing stuff when ya start tracing moms and dads and keep repeating generations back.
Then add in brothers and sisters of traced back grand parents and start tracing them.

Holy fuuk.....

Everybody is like 8th or 9th cousins per timelines
Sometimes even 3rd or 4th cousins as you get closer to your era.

And then you are like fuuuk...
I'm like distantly related to that or those dipschits...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😳🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

BGG is right.
Some people take this waaaay to seriously and think it gives em cred in waays.

Almost like living vicariously thru schit someone did or was 100,s of yrs ago.

I'm a fuuuking American going back a long ways.
Like many of us are.

Their is a reason our ancestors left eurotrashland.

It suuuuked back then.
And it still suuucks today...
The thing about Family Search is that anyone can build their tree and it then interconnects with the trees that others have provided. Lots of chances for conflicting data, you need to use your judgement on deciding what’s what.
That said, it is by far the best online genealogical resource available and it’s free for anyone to use.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The thing about Family Search is that anyone can build their tree and it then interconnects with the trees that others have provided. Lots of chances for conflicting data, you need to use your judgement on deciding what’s what.
That said, it is by far the best online genealogical resource available and it’s free for anyone to use.

Family Search is great but not infallible.
There’s always a lot of bulllllsheeitt in threads like these

Like you really think you know

Toss out some flowery jive about some knights and saints and some caveman chit. Hey why not it’s the innanet.
My mom's side is documented back to leaving England and landing in Connecticut coast in 1649 then moving to Dallas PA in 1700 where they still are found. A few years back my brother came across a copy of all descendants from 1649 to 1960's .

My Dad's side is a little fuzzy but seems to date the same time frame, great,great,.....uncle was first permanent white settler at Harvey's Lake PA by that time family had been in PA for many decades but do not know the date when or where they landed here from England..
Pocahontas died at 21, quite the notoriety for such a short life.

Kent
My parents learned English in grade school.
About six generations back to the oldest know relatives by name. I haven’t personally researched any of it but based on what my parents know.

The farthest back that I’m aware of is a French Jesuit missionary that came to Michigan in 1800’s on my moms dads side and some Swedish immigrants from later on in the 1800’s on my dads side.

I’m about 45% German with a little French 40% Irish and English 12% Scandinavian 2% Neanderthal.. but IDK nobody’s owned up to banging a caveman.. and 1% random European according to a DNA text. I don’t put a whole lot of stock in the DNA text other than as a rough estimate but it basically meshes with what I know of our background.
My family goes back to a hut in Slovakia less than 300 years ago.

My wife's line goes back past Charlemagne.

While that may sound cool, what many people don't realize is that anything older than 1400 or so (sometimes even more recent) is highly questionable - people back then attained rank in society by claiming royalty in their bloodline, so faking genealogy records was a well-paying industry. You paid your money and presto, you were related to royalty, piggybacking onto their family history and that generally goes WAY back.

Someone else mentioned familysearch.org. There are two cool things about that site: first, it's free - second, if your line touches any of the 10's of thousands of already researched family lines, yours will hook on and you'll find dozens - or hundreds - of family members you never knew you had.

I took part in the annual Roots Tech genealogy conference a couple of weeks ago, and I found a list of more than 200 people who shared some part of my family tree that were attending the conference the same time I was.

If you're serious about your family history, familysearch.org and Roots Tech is the way to go.
I can tell you that the my ancestor with my last name was born in Vorden, Netherlands in about 1604 and set sail for New Amsterdam on May 17, 1641, on the "Den Eyckenboom", and arrived in the New World August of 1641. He settled with his family in what is now Brooklyn. From there on it's well documented, this includes the Pennsylvania Dutch, and the Mormon pioneers.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Mcloud clan from Scotland

Connor? Is that you, laddie?

Ramirez
Bad news, boys, according to the Mormons part of my people came from the South.

So I guess that makes me a Reb.

P
So far, paternal grandmother to 1400s England, maternal grandparents to 1800s Slovakia and Poland. Poland was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at that time so Austria is what shows up on most of the records.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Mid 1700's when three brothers were given the option by a Scottish court to either be imprisoned or go to the New World. Horse thieves...

Ah HA, I had a suspicion about you , but who am I to talk? Mine goes back about 150 yrs on both sides. My moms side were mostly Italian cops that settled in Utica NY.. My dads side were farmers that settled in central Wisconsin.. My dads side were not so good. Great grandpa was a drunk . He would get so drunk he could hardly get into the horse wagon. He was at the tavern so much the horses went home without him knowing it while all passed out in the wagon. He actually was a Hitler supporter and wanted to go back to Germany to fight the Americans. Likely was the booze doing the talking. He had 2 sons, one went to WW 11 and was a great man, the other son was a poacher and trouble. He was so bad they deputized him just to keep him on their side and was rough on the other poachers to null his competition.
Hans of Denmark (king of Denmark, Sweden, Norway(?)) is a grandfather...16-18 gem. ago.

Anne Boleyn is my aunt 14 gen. ago.
Queen Elizabeth I is my first cousin 13 gen. ago.

The current King of England (Charles) is a third cousin. Was thinking I should give him a call..."Ha, cousin, buddy! I'm planning to come back to the homeland. Can you gift me an Earl or Dukedom, and find me a vacant 20,000 acre estate"...
Only as far back to mid 1800s. Germany before that, but who know what if anything survived intact through numerous wars.
While only a poor descendant of common people of no particular note, I must say that I am honored to be allowed to mingle amongst such royalty.
My mother's people show up as indentured servents around 1700 but my father's people ,no trace of them before the war for southern independence . So we guess they were most likely deserters or horse thieves who came south and changed their names
6th Great Grandfather on my Mothers line was a drafter, and signer of the US Constitution. Have spent a good amount of time researching, 1066 is the oldest I've seen so far. Most of my families lines on both sides can be reliably traced into the 1600's.
I find gemology interesting. I had a ancestors that were fighting in the Revolutionary War and another with King Charles II against Cromwell. But we always assume that everyone was faithful. What if one of our female ancestors mess around a little?
6000 years. Oh wait- I'm not Baptist.

In that case (but not specifically) my ancestors go back several million years. Some in my family still aren't entirely human, we think. smile

A couple that probably are would likely have been better aborted.

Don't really care about past miscreants in the family...
Well shìt, the Mormons have me as a direct descendant of Ragnar Lothbrok, through Sigurd, through King Ragnald, through King Eistein of Norway, but I clicked away from the site and scrambled the connection.

Eventually it leads to grandma’s side but I’ll be damned if I can figure out how. I started at grandma and just kept clicking backward randomly.

Dang it.

EDIT: Found it. 45 generations removed. Not a cousin, direct line. Gotta love the Mormons.

P
My ancestors were some of the original pioneers in the recreation drug trade.
My 10th Great Grandmother Catalyntje Jeronimus Trico - The Mother of New York
directly 1559 by history of total family goes back to the celts of Ireland ,scotland normans which goes back to Scandinavian Vikings. the surname of Blouin goes back to the province of Languedoc France which borders the Mediterranean Sea they held a seat of a medieval Lord. there was also a member of parliament [kings court] in 1344. I also have ancestors who held positions of Secretary to King Louis XIV who reigned for 72 years from 1643 to 1715 Family came to Canada in 1644 on 1 of 2 ships . The White Eagle of Flessinque or the Black of Amsterdam. They settled in both Canada and the US.
Most of the info came from the Catholic church records, Birth ,death, marriges. that and some oral history

Norm
As for my family, I haven't traced them back any. However, the family has been traced by at least 2 different sources and they came up with 2 different stories.

My immediate relatives can be traced back to the mid 1700's. It seems that they just appeared on the east coast of South Carolina. No trace of them before. If you study history, England was clearing its prisons and shipping the prisoners to America and just dumping them on the beach. We think that is what happened, but there is another story.

The other story is that some of the family shipped over earlier and lived in New England area, but under a slightly different name. There is a coat of arms for this different name in Ireland.

Which is true, I dont know. It's a little strange for a person living in New England in the 1700's, to all of a sudden take off to South Carolina and change their last name, but it is possible. I think this version is just someone not wanting to admit their ancestors were in prison in England. But, that's just my .02.
7 generations.
Originally Posted by slumlord
There’s always a lot of bulllllsheeitt in threads like these

Like you really think you know

Toss out some flowery jive about some knights and saints and some caveman chit. Hey why not it’s the innanet.
Almost like your Brother in Law getting that family Crest made on the spot framed picture at Disneyland or world in Fla you told me about

🤦‍♂️🤣🤔🥴🥴🤔🤣🤦‍♂️
© 24hourcampfire