Home
Posted By: bludog Today's verse - 03/30/23
Today's verse:

All of us like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.

Isaiah 53:6

Prophesying the sacrificial and atoning death of Messiah, 700 years before Jesus.

Have a good Thursday brothers.
Posted By: WV_Airedale Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
Thank you Sir
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
Thank you. God bless.
Posted By: Rooney Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
And also with you BD!
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
You do the same brother.

Here are a few verses from Psalms 22 describing the Messiah and his death 1000 years before hand and 600 years before the crucifixion was invented.

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning? But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised by the people. All those who see Me ridicule Me; They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, I am poured out like water, And all My bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It has melted within Me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And My tongue clings to My jaws; You have brought Me to the dust of death. For dogs have surrounded Me; The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet;
Psalms 22:1‭, ‬6‭-‬7‭, ‬14‭-‬16 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/psa.22.1-16.NKJV
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
Good morning Blue, I see you're up before breakfast.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
Verses such as this demonstrate several truths. A couple of things that stand out.

The Gospel was clearly taught from and throughout the Old Testament. It is undeniable and ironically sad that many destroy the majority of scripture for personal opinion.

Man’s arrogance is demonstrated in our continual claim of self actuation. This verse is one of many which demonstrate who is acting and who is being acted upon.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
If I may?
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Today's verse - 03/30/23
Thanks bludog
Posted By: antlers Re: Today's verse - 03/31/23
Originally Posted by bludog
All of us like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us ALL to fall on Him. - Isaiah 53:6

Prophesying the sacrificial and atoning death of the Messiah, 700 years before Jesus.
What stands out to me in that verse is God’s grace.
Posted By: bludog Re: Today's verse - 03/31/23
Amen brother!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Today's verse - 03/31/23
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by bludog
All of us like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us ALL to fall on Him. - Isaiah 53:6

Prophesying the sacrificial and atoning death of the Messiah, 700 years before Jesus.
What stands out to me in that verse is God’s grace.
Even someone as evil as the Nashville shooter COULD have been saved. It's highly unlikely that she was because she'd given herself over to a depraved mind but if she'd repented and acknowledged Jesus as Lord she he would have accepted her right up until the police bullets took her down.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Today's verse - 03/31/23
Jesus died for our sins.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Today's verse - 03/31/23
Amen
© 24hourcampfire