Home
Posted By: wabigoon The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Me, 63 years.
Posted By: hanco Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Have some about 20 yrs old, 4 sets of soles from the dancing we do.
I have a pair of jungle boots from '94.
Posted By: Bwana338 Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I have a pair form '78
Posted By: Whelenman Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I got a pair of Mickey Mouse that I’ve have since the 70’s. I don’t know the exact date. Still wear then the blow the drive way.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
My boots are black Achmes
Posted By: Teal Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I have a pair of steel toed Icemans by Lacrosse that I bought in the summer of 97
Posted By: P_Weed Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I have a pair of Korean War, white felt, Bunny Boots.

Probably never worn.
Posted By: norm99 Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I just retired a pair of shyt kikers that i wore for over 30 years.

Norm
Posted By: old70 Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Have a pair of 1977 vintage combat boots I was issued in the bottom of my duffle. I don’t wear or even look at them. I do have my grandfathers LL Bean Maine hunting shoes, don’t know how old they are, but he wore them in the 30’s.

Old70
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Right now a pair of full quill ostrich Justin ropers sold my early 70s sea turtle and my 83 Tony lama ant eaters.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I have a pair of pack boots that my father purchased in the early to mid 1960's and they are still wearable, although I have not had them on in years.

I have a pair of Chippawa western boots that are 25+ years old that I have had resoled twice and heals put on 3 or 4 times. These have probably averaged being worn 150 days a year and the leather is still going.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Hunting boots…..maybe 20 years old. Hip boots 25 or so.

My feet have changed (wider) over the years.
Pair of Python boots," COYOTE BOB" brand,i bought in Nuevo Laredo 1987.
Jungle boots from Viet Nam in 1969.
Haven't been worn for a while.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I've got a pair of no-name leather boots that are 40+.
30 years.
Elephant skin cowboy boots.
Got older, feet spread. They haven't fit in 20 years.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Eddie Bauer, 1965 or thereabouts. Moccasin type, fully leather lined. Resoled. US made, back when EB was a real expedition outfitter. Good stuff.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Cowboy boots I wore to ring dance 2001
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Christmas 1985 Dan Post Lizard.
Posted By: ACTDad Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
My Sorels are about 23 years old and still in good shape. Bu i have a pair of Tony Llama cowboy boots that were my dads, they go back 1976. Too small for me though
Posted By: SargeMO Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I've got a 22 year old pair of Georgia Farm & Ranch boots, with 14" tops and a riding heel. They took forever to break in but they are the most comfortable and durable cowboy boots I've ever owned. Of course they're no longer made but I occasionally see them as new/old stock on Ebay. If the next pair lasts that long, they will probably kick the spirit horse off to wherever he's headed.
Posted By: kelbro Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
A pair of ML Leddy Ostrich from 1978. Still wear them a few times per year.
Posted By: CraigD Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Whites' logger boots...1967 resoled once and still going strong.
I bought a pair of Lacrosse hunting boots for a hunt in Colorado in 1994. I still use them occasionally.
Posted By: CP Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Bought them in 1967, when I could run uphill as fast as I could run downhill…
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 700LH Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
30 years.
Elephant skin cowboy boots.
Got older, feet spread. They haven't fit in 20 years.
I have a pair of elephant hide CB boots that are about 40 years old, and with a fused ankle I can't get them on
Posted By: hanco Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Love this song. He puts on a great show

Chippewa hunting boots. Bought when I was 19. 31yo
Posted By: kendibs Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
Hunting boots....Black Mickey Mouse over 40 years/ Sorels near 35.

Lizard dress boots over 35 years, but they don't fit anymore as of last year.

-Ken
Posted By: JeffyD Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
There was a pair of cowboy boots that had been my dad's when he was a bull rider in the Cowtown Rodeo post-WWII. Growing up, we had horses, and my older sister wore those boots until she outgrew them, then they were handed down to me until I outgrew them.
Had them re-soled twice.

Dad had tiny feet!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I have a pair of LaCrosse Ice Kings from around 1993. Next would be a pair of Danner Pronghorns from 2002/3. Both are low mileage because they don't get used much.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/07/23
I've got a pair of Justin elephant ropers I purchased in about 1986. Resoled at least 10 times and they still look almost new, though I haven't worn them in years. Mostly wear Redwing Pecos steel toe now.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Thanks all.
Held onto my last pair of work boots. Stopped working in the field 12 years ago. Still use them for chores around the house. They are hard, stuff, and leak.
Posted By: blanket Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
I have a pair of ice king laccrosses from about 1981
Posted By: Craigster Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
I have a pair of jungle boots that I wore in Vietnam. Still wear 'em once in a while. Ah, the memories !
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Craigster
I have a pair of jungle boots that I wore in Vietnam. Still wear 'em once in a while. Ah, the memories !

Thank you for your service.
Posted By: geedubya Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
It is my understanding that the "tops" are over 100 yrs old, hand carved in Mexico.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My dad got them during a trip to Mexico shortly after he mustered out in 1946.

IIRC, he had three sets of bottoms during his life, and the current bottoms are Sea Turtle, fitted during the 80's

ya!

GWB
I have a pair of Raichle Montagnas from 1986.
Posted By: Seafire Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by old70
Have a pair of 1977 vintage combat boots I was issued in the bottom of my duffle. I don’t wear or even look at them. I do have my grandfathers LL Bean Maine hunting shoes, don’t know how old they are, but he wore them in the 30’s.

Old70
Got about 10 pairs somewhere that I was issued in 1975. I have a pair of hiking boots I bought in 1972, had vibram soles put on them. Back when I was in college.... I hiked a lot, so they have a lot of miles on them. They've been worn here and there since I ETS'ed in Dec 1982.

Remember when I was a kid, my dad had a pair of Low Quarters all shined up before he transferred from the Marines into the Air Force. I was like 5 and he told me those shoes were 6 years old. I remember being shocked at the times that shoes could be older than me... I was outgrowing shoes real quick back in those days, so 6 years seemed like forever for a 5 year old.
Posted By: smokepole Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Sorels, 35 years old. I don't wear them a lot.
Ive been wearing the same pair of Danner Acadias since 2007. Not that old compared to some of the others on the thread.
Posted By: shaman Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
I have a pair of Sears work boots that my folks purchased for me in 1975. I wore them the last two years of high school.

The were immortalized that Thanksgiving in the school paper. There was a poll "What are you thankful for?" Somebody answered that they were thankful for my boots. If the school ever flooded, we could all jump in one of my boots and row home.

I gave them to my dad when I went to college. He resolved them and wore them. He died 12 years ago. I found them in the closet, and they still fit.

BTW: I also have a knobby pair of blue suede platform shoes from my Disco days.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The black rough outs were purchased with the last child support check my Dad wrote in 1993. I bought the brown nicks packers in 95'. They've both been back to nicks or whites for more love since.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
I still have a pair of black combat boots I used in Ranger School in 1970. Still pliable from the numerous coats of neatsfoot oil.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Not sure if my Grandfather bought them just before WWll or just after. For some reason my wife decided that I needed new boot laces and throwed out the old leather one's that I had all knotted together.This was the first deer season in years that I didn't wear them hunting.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Craigster Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Craigster

Thank you for your service.

You're welcome, and thank you for the thank you.
Posted By: shootem Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Some water buff Olathe Boots. Picked them up at the factory store Olathe, Kansas in 80 or 82ish. Need a heel job but that’s all.
Posted By: tyman11B Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Still have some somewhere from 2002-2003. The good ole Bates boots.
20 year old pair of Danners and a 30 year old pair of Schnees Pacs. Am afraid my jungle boots from '78 shot craps!
got pair of Nocona cowboy boots i bought summer of 1988... they need resoled , but i havt wore them after i got older
A cheap pair of black Justin Ropers I wore as best man in my brothers wedding over 30 years ago.
I’ve worn them once to a funeral since then.

A pair of Danner’s I bought for a hunt Montana in 1998.
Don’t do much “mountain climbing” in TX.

A pair of custom made Elephant hide Cowboy boot with 17” tops I had made about 20 years ago.
Toughest cowboy boots I’ve ever owned
Posted By: Lslite Re: The oldest boots ya got? - 04/08/23
Still have a pair of Chris Romero cowboy boots my parents got me as a graduation present in 1979. Still in good shape, hoping the grandson might want them some day.
© 24hourcampfire