Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Like many of us, I bitch and moan about things here on the ‘fire. Still, after all is said and done, I have met a great number of the best fellows on the planet here. Fished with, hunted with, camped with, visited with a lot of fine human beings that have enriched my life in so many ways.
For that, I am grateful.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Agree 100%.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
If the 24' shut down it would cut my computer time by 75%.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
A great place to hang out.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Yep, I like to meet up with more of the kind folks here.
Posted By: CraigD Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Lots of fine folks to share an afternoon/evening with...
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Yessir.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Lot’s of great people and topics on here. It’s meant to be fun and informative. If I disagree with someone I speak mind and move on. I’d miss this site if it weren’t here.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Have made some great friends here….
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Ditto!
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Yes, thank you, Mr. Bin.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Yep
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
I have met and broken bread with at least a couple dozen 'Fire guys. With 100% approval.
Posted By: carrollco Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Great forum for kindred souls. I’ve met some interesting folks from different locations. Learned a lot in the process. We appreciate you, Bin.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Like many of us, I bitch and moan about things here on the ‘fire. Still, after all is said and done, I have met a great number of the best fellows on the planet here. Fished with, hunted with, camped with, visited with a lot of fine human beings that have enriched my life in so many ways.
For that, I am grateful.

Well said Mannlicher. 👍🏼
Posted By: StumpDodger Re: Thanks Rick - 04/15/23
Affirmative !
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Spot on Sam.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
yup, Sam and you're not nearly as grumpy in person.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Yes
Thank You Rick
For putting up with the troubles so we can all have our 1st Amendment Rights
Posted By: Diesel Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Thanks for having us in. It's a warm and interesting crowd that hangs here, (usually) and would not be what it is without the principals of Mr. Bin. Right up there with the founding Fathers in understanding the value of freedom of speech.

Special kind of guy.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
This is the only internet site I go to! And have made some Very good friends on here!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
I like the 'Fire, it's a good place to hang out. Even learned a few things along the way.
Posted By: Maser Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Yup, this is definitely a very fun community to hang around at. I've met a few members in real life when I was younger and have spoken on the phone with quite a few members over the years. I only deer hunt down in TX once a year and sometimes skip a year, but rabbit hunting is my main thing and I've introduced all my hunting and fishing friends to this site. I know I'm kind of a paragon of controversy on the internet due to my pro First Amendment stances, so it's nice that Rick keeps this site going and keeps me and people like me around. laugh

Thanks and God bless!
Posted By: RickBin Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
You guys made my day.

Thanks to you.

I have often said, the Fire would be a very lonely place without the members.

Carry on, gents ...
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
I enjoy this place every day.
Been here since 2005...17 years.
Seeing into your lives, sharing mine with you.
Thanks guys.
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Thank you from me to Rick!

Your site is the BEST because you (IMO) value and understand that freedom of speech is not only necessary but also quintessential in a free society. Your founders would be very proud of you sir, especially in this day and age.

You are a gem!

With gratitude from Canada.

KB
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
I agree whole heartedly. I am grateful that I stumbled across the Campfire 🔥 in Jan of '21. It's been a short time compared to many on here but everyday I look forward to unwinding with a glass of Sweet tea and The Fire.....

Thanks Rick.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
+1 to all of the above. I've learned a lot here and had some good laughs and yes, vented and pissed and moaned a time or two.

Thank you, Rick.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Yup
Thanks Rick
Posted By: EdM Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Spot on Sam and it was a pleasure spending time with you last year.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Coffee anytime at Wabi's , come one come all.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
- - - I have met a great number of the best fellows on the planet here. - - - - visited with a lot of fine human beings that have enriched my life in so many ways.
For that, I am grateful.
Verified, in person, once again during the past two days. Wonderful moments and interaction.
Posted By: boatammo Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Great place.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
There are some really intelligent/savvy guys on the Fire from all walks of life. I have learned a bunch, made friends and have had flawless transactions throughout the years.
We are fortunate to have this space to share thoughts, ideas, rants etc.

Thanks RB
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter
yup, Sam and you're not nearly as grumpy in person.

Of course he is Roger, but usually only to derelicts and Democrats! LOL grin Otherwise he's a pussycat.......LOL

Seriously, count me in with the group that has made lifelong great friends from the Fire.....even those I call "Brother!"

For instance, yesterday "Mannlicher" called me just to check on me to see how things are going in the new hood. The day before, I had a long drive to visit the nearest VA and another campfire brother went with me to keep me company and we met another campfire friend for lunch afterwards......that's the kind of connections this place can bring about!

I know I certainly feel blessed with all the friends I've made from here!

Frog----OUT!
Posted By: Oheremicus Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Me, too. E
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
The general thrust of this topic is the primary reason why I try to stay tuned in. It can be decent exercise to tussle with some of those less than excellent, but the wealth of shared knowledge/experience and frequent good will are very rewarding. By far, the best gain has been the unusually excellent folks who have made the efforts necessary to join one another face to face out in nature at some lovely places. The camaraderie there and the great friends gained that way are palpable fruit of this site.

Have any ever noticed the nature of the those who eagerly get there as compared with those who avoid the experience?
Posted By: JeffA Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
To each his own, personally I feel like I should be getting paid.

Kinda reminds me of back when the 'Hunting and Fishing News' was a big publication.

They ran a monthly photo contest, best image won 2 rifles then there were a host of lesser prizes for 2nd, 3rd and so on.

I submitted regularly, most often my photos ran in their publications at one point or the other.

Then I hit the big time, I submitted some monster mulely photos with a great story and I took front page..

Them Basterds never even sent me a ball cap!

Last one if my photos they ever got, I doubt they ever did award anyone jack-schit for a submission. They just wanted free pics and stories.

At a minimum Rick outta be handing out tinfoil caps!
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
It's been a while...

Killroy Was Here
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
I was told early in my time here, like eating chicken wings, know when to spit out the bones.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
The 24 Hour Campfire in reality is just a front...
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Still the single best collection of topics, conversations and participants of any outdoor related site I know of. Hard to believe that I've been here for 17 years.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Thanks Rick - 04/16/23
Originally Posted by JeffA
To each his own, personally I feel like I should be getting paid.

Kinda reminds me of back when the 'Hunting and Fishing News' was a big publication.

They ran a monthly photo contest, best image won 2 rifles then there were a host of lesser prizes for 2nd, 3rd and so on.

I submitted regularly, most often my photos ran in their publications at one point or the other.

Then I hit the big time, I submitted some monster mulely photos with a great story and I took front page..

Them Basterds never even sent me a ball cap!

Last one if my photos they ever got, I doubt they ever did award anyone jack-schit for a submission. They just wanted free pics and stories.

At a minimum Rick outta be handing out tinfoil caps!

I won a Remington 700 mountain rifle with this photo back in the 80's

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Thanks Rick - 07/21/23
That's a nice image of you and your critter.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Thanks Rick - 07/21/23
Yes, I'll agree this is a nice place visit. I've been here 20 years with no regrets. I wish some of the people who have left would come back.
Nice place to share knowledge and BS.

Hey, I hope your Summer is treating you well.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thanks Rick - 07/21/23
"For he's a jolly good fellow, which nobody can denight".
Posted By: 673 Re: Thanks Rick - 07/21/23
Yeah, this site is full of great info and People!
Posted By: Westman Re: Thanks Rick - 07/21/23
I came over from Shooters in '01 and cant even begin to quantify the amount of knowledge gained over the years. This site has a ton of very knowledgeable members and thankfully they are willing to share.

I have met a good handful of them and all have been great people.

Thank you Rick and all the members.
© 24hourcampfire