Home
That's about to be surpassed by the lying liars club.
lol, varmitguy started that.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
lol, varmitguy started that.
VarmintHumor
You'll smoke a turd in hell for that!
A finer bunch never lit it up at the fire. It's too bad some left here.
I remember the jargon. Always figured it was a boomer thing. I don't speak boomer.
I'm just a member of the Cabal
Originally Posted by RUM7
I remember the jargon. Always figured it was a boomer thing. I don't speak boomer.
If I remember right, you had to have varmint guy say you were turd like in a post, then send you a nasty pm. I was not a member cause I didn't post a lot back then.

But I might be the founding member of the lying liars, which only involves challenging burns in a way that he can't refute, and when his estrogen levels peak out, he calls you a lying liar.
At one time, there was even an "by invitation only" chat board of Turdlike People. It was for sensible, mature intellects. 99% of you were not invited.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At one time, there was even an "by invitation only" chat board of Turdlike People. It was for sensible, mature intellects. 99% of you were not invited.
Sounds like a fun group.
Originally Posted by dassa
If I remember right, you had to have varmint guy say you were turd like in a post, then send you a nasty pm. I was not a member cause I didn't post a lot back then.

But I might be the founding member of the lying liars, which only involves challenging burns in a way that he can't refute, and when his estrogen levels peak out, he calls you a lying liar.
Larry Root had to send you a nasty pm, I had dozens.
I'll bet that list of turd like people is still active in the FBI's computers. The ATF probably has the same list. I'll bet that list is short but distinguished.

kwg

This....check my signature below!

Thank you for the correction.

What'd you talk about? Rocket launches and 'mater sammiches?
I am not allowed to answer that. The First Rule of Turdlike Club, ya know.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

LOL !!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Who does not know this pic.?
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

The average age on here is 97. Half of the members saw this in its first run in a bijou theater while their pony was tied up out on the dirt street.
Originally Posted by auk1124

The average age on here is 97. Half of the members saw this in its first run in a bijou theater while their pony was tied up out on the dirt street.

HA! laugh laugh

Bijou Theatre laugh. Matinee ?
Crossfireoops
anyone remember a guy on 6mmBR.com that referred to himself as "A poor shepherd from the Urals" ?
anyone remember a guy on 6mmBR.com that referred to himself as "A poor shepherd from the Urals" ?
I am not allowed to answer that. The First Rule of Turdlike Club, ya know.

wink
Someone said yesterday that the Turd-Like bunch formed itself because they shared a common way of thinking/posting and needed distinction. Also said that once most of those guys left here, the actual Turds moved up to prominence.
You had to have received a nasty PM from one of the approved trolls, and insult ingwe, the Grand Poopoo... I mean Poobah... ingwe then would tell you to go smoke a turd in hell... and you were in.

It started when Varmitguy sent ingwe a PM telling him he was turdlike.

Kent
You were not required to eat a can of frozen orange juice and shave your junk... as some believed...

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
You had to have received a nasty PM from one of the approved trolls, and insult ingwe, the Grand Poopoo... I mean Poobah... ingwe then would tell you to go smoke a turd in hell... and you were in.

Kent

Yup.

The pros and cons of suede leather elbow patches on their tweed jackets.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yep, that Poobot, was old, even back then !
There are many societies where elders are revered and honored. This is not one of them. As an elder now, I resent this. When I was a yellow-sheeter, I too thought I was smarter and wiser than anybody over 30. I know now how wrong I was.

So will you rabbit turds.
There are many societies where elders are revered and honored. This is not one of them. As an elder now, I resent this. When I was a yellow-sheeter, I too thought I was smarter and wiser than anybody over 30. I know now how wrong I was.

Just a couple examples of mature intellect.
As you will learn, in about 30 years. Remind me again which of us is a professional writer.

OR Distinguished Flying Crosses? You know what they are?
I tried for some time to get the qualifying emails from Herr Root. I failed miserably. I don't know what that means, but I guess I'm not turdlike.
From the days when one of the prime topics of discussion was -

Ingwe's leopard-skin thong! laugh laugh laugh

Just a couple examples of mature intellect.

Meh...some old people are just asssholes that that had easy lives and got lucky.
#condescending azzes
#condescending azzes

Are you saying we're fat? smile
HA ! Ummmmm...No. smile
Originally Posted by jorgeI

OR Distinguished Flying Crosses? You know what they are?

Never heard of such. Tell me a story Uncle Horhay.
As you will learn, in about 30 years. Remind me again which of us is a professional writer.
Is professional writer some sort of code for condescending as$?
You can never ever forget who their leader is...

The grand Poobah of a Turdlike People!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Read my sig line!!
All hail the Grand Poobah!

Hail Grand Poobah!

Hail Grand Poobah!

Hail Grand Poobah!

May he reign forever (or until his poo doth not stinketh anymore)! grin

Ed

I never made it into the Clan, but I recognize a turd when I see one... laugh
Dassa, I mentioned professional writer because it is the very least of my lifetime achievements. You disparage your elders because you think you are hot poop. I am letting you know that your poop is still yellow and that in a few decades you may come to take umbrage when some snotty kid calls you a dumb old fart. As you now do.
Dassa, I mentioned professional writer because it is the very least of my lifetime achievements. You disparage your elders because you think you are hot poop. I am letting you know that your poop is still yellow and that in a few decades you may come to take umbrage when some snotty kid calls you a dumb old fart. As you now do.
Perhaps in old time societies getting old implied some acquired wisdom. Nowadays, it just means you have health insurance. But being a professional writer is impressive. Accomplished by you, Paul Krugman, Andrew Sullivan, and Maureen Dowd. I imagine they consider themselves mature intellects, too. But I just consider them condescending asses.

I didn't disparage you cause your my "elder". I mocked you because you think belonging to a secret super mature intellectual discussion group that 99% of us aren't invited to is an accomplishment. I think it just paints you as a snob.
HA !
It was a different time with different trolls, or some of the same ones with different handles.

It was about FN Model 70 375s, sniper rifles and low serialed Springfields.

History eventually turned the movement into the original 223 AI thread that still exists in the basement.

The Grand Poopbah was our STEWard...
Perhaps in old time societies getting old implied some acquired wisdom. Nowadays, it just means you have health insurance. But being a professional writer is impressive. Accomplished by you, Paul Krugman, Andrew Sullivan, and Maureen Dowd. I imagine they consider themselves mature intellects, too. But I just consider them condescending asses.

I didn't disparage you cause your my "elder". I mocked you because you think belonging to a secret super mature intellectual discussion group that 99% of us aren't invited to is an accomplishment. I think it just paints you as a snob.

There’s an amazing group of folks here on the campfire of a wide variety of ages. You can tell the good ones. They are invariably helpful, of good humor and not consumed with a hatred of all things they don’t understand or have experienced. They have also gotten together to drink beer, fish, shoot, hunt and generally enjoy each others stories.

I know nothing about you Dassa, and would never make assumptions, but I do know that people without much of a world are those that those that look down on others and engage in insulting others when they are not face to face. It’s not at surprise that those of us that prefer to not associate with folks that don’t behave as gentlemen, regardless of proximity, have other places where we gather.

Of course, I own a .270 so I could be wrong 😀
Originally Posted by Pugs
I know nothing about you Dassa, and would never make assumptions, but I do know that people without much of a world are those that those that look down on others and engage in insulting others when they are not face to face.

Are you referring dassa or Rocky?

It’s not at surprise that those of us that prefer to not associate with folks that don’t behave as gentlemen, regardless of proximity, have other places where we gather.

I would invite you to re-read this thread and see who;
1. Made the first insulting / condescending post.
2. Made the most.

It's OK now..... laugh laugh

There’s an amazing group of folks here on the campfire of a wide variety of ages. You can tell the good ones. They are invariably helpful, of good humor and not consumed with a hatred of all things they don’t understand or have experienced. They have also gotten together to drink beer, fish, shoot, hunt and generally enjoy each others stories.

I know nothing about you Dassa, and would never make assumptions, but I do know that people without much of a world are those that those that look down on others and engage in insulting others when they are not face to face. It’s not at surprise that those of us that prefer to not associate with folks that don’t behave as gentlemen, regardless of proximity, have other places where we gather.

I'm not sure why you're addressing this to me. The insult came from Rocky.
If, on the other hand, you define a gentleman as someone who demands that others kiss his as$ and show him respect, I'll pass.

Y'all can be gentlemen together in your ivory towers discussing suede leather elbow patches while looking down on us rubes.

Perhaps I’m misreading but even at the CF “young” age of 59 but your implication of older folks as only having health insurance as a sole redeeming characteristic hit me wrong . If that came across wrong my apologies but as my experience grows I find more and more older folks wisdom relevant especially in the archaic subjects like bullets casting and bamboo fly rods.

I know Rocky, we’ve spent time fishing and we’ve stayed in each others homes. I doubt he meant to target any particular person let alone you, but he has a point about the civility of the CF decreasing over the years.

Happy friday
Beware of absolutes and it appears the moniker "boomer" attempts (erroneously) to pigeonhole everyone's morals, beliefs, attributes and faults based solely on age. And to this I'll add that I work at a military base where the average age is considerably younger than I am (I'm 68) and without reservation I can PT better than AT LEAST 60% of folks young enough to be my grand kids. But I know it makes a lot here "feel better" by using "boomer" as an insult, but suffice it to say, I'm perfectly comfortable as to where I am in life as I know Rocky is. For that matter so is Pugs, but then again he's not a Boomer...

Perhaps I’m misreading but even at the CF “young” age of 59 but your implication of older folks as only having health insurance as a sole redeeming characteristic hit me wrong . If that came across wrong my apologies but as my experience grows I find more and more older folks wisdom relevant especially in the archaic subjects like bullets casting and bamboo fly rods.

I know Rocky, we’ve spent time fishing and we’ve stayed in each others homes. I doubt he meant to target any particular person let alone you, but he has a point about the civility of the CF decreasing over the years.

Happy friday
Have you read his posts on this thread? He brought up age, implying that us "yellow sheeters" are inferior. If age were the determining factor in wisdom, Biden would be Solomon.

When I mentioned health insurance, it simply means that there are a lot of old people who have no wisdom at all. The only reason they lived as long as they have is because we live in an age of incredible medical knowledge. Not because they have acquired great wisdom. So if you tell me that you're wise because you're old, I'm gonna be critical.

In the past, I haven't had any problem with Rocky, nor with you. In fact, I wish you would post more, because I enjoy getting as many viewpoints as possible, and particularly yours. But if you don't mind, would you go back and read the 2d paragraph of you first post in this thread, and see if it isn't a more appropriate response to Rocky's first post that I quoted above. Who was looking down on whom?
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Beware of absolutes and it appears the moniker "boomer" attempts (erroneously) to pigeonhole everyone's morals, beliefs, attributes and faults based solely on age. And to this I'll add that I work at a military base where the average age is considerably younger than I am (I'm 68) and without reservation I can PT better than AT LEAST 60% of folks young enough to be my grand kids. But I know it makes a lot here "feel better" by using "boomer" as an insult, but suffice it to say, I'm perfectly comfortable as to where I am in life as I know Rocky is. For that matter so is Pugs, but then again he's not a Boomer...
I agree. I think "okay boomer" is one of the most foolish insults ever.

Well hell, I've been a member all these years and didn't even know it.

The average age on here is 97.

Yeah but, if you don't count the grand poobah the average drops to 45, and is much more good looking.
Originally Posted by ingwe
You can never ever forget who their leader is...

The grand Poobah of a Turdlike People!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

OK Grand, clarify something here. Is it "smoke a turd in hell," or "smoke like a turd in hell?"
In any association of peoples, there's always gonna be those that consider themselves above the others.
If, on the other hand, you define a gentleman as someone who demands that others kiss his as$ and show him respect, I'll pass.

Y'all can be gentlemen together in your ivory towers discussing suede leather elbow patches while looking down on us rubes.

We will no doubt, while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

We will no doubt, while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.
So if you demand someone kiss your as$, and they refuse, they're the no-class ass?

Good to know.
while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.

And some wonder why they are not shown any respect.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
In any association of peoples, there's always gonna be those that consider themselves above the others.

In my best Gray Poupon voice I say to you: "but of course."
Meh....some sh'theads survive to old age. Lots of you won't
Originally Posted by smokepole

The average age on here is 97.

Yeah but, if you don't count the grand poobah the average drops to 45, and is much more good looking.

Isn’t that a meeting of the He Man’s Woman Haters Club? 😳

So if you demand someone kiss your as$, and they refuse, they're the no-class ass?

Good to know.

These responses work both ways, you know.
Show respect, and you generally receive respect.
Be an ass, and you'll be shown an ass.

You are not born with wisdom. You get it by listening to your elders, and others, or about as many, by mistakes.
Your elders, and the others, earned some of their wisdom - by their own mistakes. Such is life.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Your elders, and the others, earned some of their wisdom - by their own mistakes. Such is life.

So old people in prison, should be geniuses.

Good to know.

You are not born with wisdom. You get it by listening to your elders, and others, or about as many, by mistakes.
And how is telling 99% of us that we're sub standard in the maturity and intellect departments a sign of respect?
Originally Posted by hatari
Isn’t that a meeting of the He Man’s Woman Haters Club? 😳

Winner Winner !! laugh
Have you read his posts on this thread? He brought up age, implying that us "yellow sheeters" are inferior. If age were the determining factor in wisdom, Biden would be Solomon.

When I mentioned health insurance, it simply means that there are a lot of old people who have no wisdom at all. The only reason they lived as long as they have is because we live in an age of incredible medical knowledge. Not because they have acquired great wisdom. So if you tell me that you're wise because you're old, I'm gonna be critical.

In the past, I haven't had any problem with Rocky, nor with you. In fact, I wish you would post more, because I enjoy getting as many viewpoints as possible, and particularly yours. But if you don't mind, would you go back and read the 2d paragraph of you first post in this thread, and see if it isn't a more appropriate response to Rocky's first post that I quoted above. Who was looking down on whom?

The internet is poor medium for communication and if I misconstrued your intent apologies. I went back and read it and I have no idea what a yellow-sheeter is so didn't know it was an insult. I don't think Rocky was directing his comment at you but instead at those specific folks on the CF who, if they behaved in person the way they do on-line, would likely end up with repeated trips to the Doc-in-a-box for nose resettings. One of the failings of the software here is that a reply has to be directed at a persons post instead of a general comment. Perhaps a new standard preface of "General comment" could be used to avoid situations like this.

You certainly seem a decent sort and have been around the fire as long as most of us and seen a general decline in decorum. Luckily the other sections are OK, except optics!, and remain civilized with careful use of the ignore function. It's noteworthy too that there seems to be no generational bias. We have polite folks that are of from The silent generation up through Gen Z here and we also have the reverse. Perhaps upbringing or perhaps the nature of the anonymous media the CF platform represents. Hard to say.

On the topic of Yellow Sheeter - we used to use a Navy form called a Yellow Sheet to log flight time before they computerized it and made it worse but Rocky being an USAF puke I suspected that's not what he was talking about. grin
Just to clarify, I used "sheeter" because the board censor won't let me say someone who still has yellow-filled diapers.

I definitely meant that young people who think they know everything and anyone older than they are is decrepit are fools. Wisdom is a product of experience, and you cannot get experience except over time.

That's it. I'll leave this thread while I can still be civil. (Which is evidence of wisdom, btw.)
Originally Posted by Fubarski

So old people in prison, should be geniuses.

They are. If you don't believe me just ask 'em.

The internet is poor medium for communication and if I misconstrued your intent apologies. I went back and read it and I have no idea what a yellow-sheeter is so didn't know it was an insult. I don't think Rocky was directing his comment at you but instead at those specific folks on the CF who, if they behaved in person the way they do on-line, would likely end up with repeated trips to the Doc-in-a-box for nose resettings. One of the failings of the software here is that a reply has to be directed at a persons post instead of a general comment. Perhaps a new standard preface of "General comment" could be used to avoid situations like this.

You certainly seem a decent sort and have been around the fire as long as most of us and seen a general decline in decorum. Luckily the other sections are OK, except optics!, and remain civilized with careful use of the ignore function. It's noteworthy too that there seems to be no generational bias. We have polite folks that are of from The silent generation up through Gen Z here and we also have the reverse. Perhaps upbringing or perhaps the nature of the anonymous media the CF platform represents. Hard to say.

On the topic of Yellow Sheeter - we used to use a Navy form called a Yellow Sheet to log flight time before they computerized it and made it worse but Rocky being an USAF puke I suspected that's not what he was talking about. grin
I appreciate your response. Incidentally, just after yours, Rocky cleared up what he meant by yellow sheeters.

I would still be interested if you think what you said here (specifically the bolded part, but including all of it generally):

Wouldn't be more appropriately directed to this post:

Thank you.
Old age doesn't guarantee you will be respected or have wisdom nor intelligence.... if it did, Joe Biden would be the best president ever....

A large portion of the older population lose touch with societal evolution, this is due to several factors, such as retirement, limited social interactions etc....

Some are simply out of touch because of financial status.. i.e. they don't have to compete for a dollar to survive etc....

They end up stuck in 50 yr old narratives and so stubborn in their ways you can't tell them any different, hell, they even dismiss their grandkids opinions.

Many are prone to becoming fudds..... some simply weren't sharp crayons to start with...

Then you have the mean ones, they may have always been mean, but when younger they could and had to filter that meanness, they lose the ability to filter as they get older.

The old dog can't learn new tricks is true for most. Me on the computer is a perfect example and average 8 yr old can do it better.

And we can't forget selective memory, and there is always denial...

When dementia creeps in all bets are off the table.....

Now all that being said, some old folks are absolute treasures, wonderful humans full of knowledge and wisdom and kindness.... old age no more guarantees these qualities than does young age.

The sad truth is often old age brings about bad qualities...

Rocky is likely a very nice man, but, I have witnessed him be an azz on several occasions and he has been an azz to dassa in this thread.... and he will likely be an azz to me for writing this.

And that's ok.... just don't demand respect because of your age!!!!

True that. laugh
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

True that. laugh
Probably was some riveting discussions on thermodynamics.

Originally Posted by DigitalDan

True that. laugh
Probably was some riveting discussions on thermodynamics.

Sorry I missed those.

Good to know.

And how is telling 99% of us that we're sub standard in the maturity and intellect departments a sign of respect?

Evidently you missed these two, the most important, lines.

"Show respect, and you generally receive respect.
Be an ass, and you'll be shown an ass."
Shave your junk with orange juice...

Good to know.

Resect is earned... not just granted because of age.
Could you make a case Rocky earned respect? yes I think so, by his accomplishments... he may not have earned it in any particular interaction with his behavior
I done lost contact with the clan.

Bad me. But I'm still me. smile
Originally Posted by las
I done lost contact with the clan.

Bad me. But I'm still me. smile
They didn't invite you to the facebooks? smile
I'm so good, I'm persona-non- gratis..

I don't do face-book anyway. smile

Good to know.

No, I caught your two lines. There is only one person in this thread that is demanding respect. It's neither I nor the other person you quoted. So, take your lecture on how to receive respect, and direct it to the person who wants respect, but entered this thread with a lack of respect.

Or maybe you missed those lines, the most important lines.
© 24hourcampfire