Home
For me, it used to be a Ruger Ranch in 7.62 x 39, but I've scratched that itch.

But something I would absolutely love to have would be a 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle with a full length Mannlicher stock. And a barrel length of say, 18 inches.

As far as other thoughts rolling around in my head: a .69 flintlock rifled for a round ball (say about 1-104), which would probably have to be custom made. And a .32 muzzleloader (could be percussion or flintlock) with a fast twist (say 1-30 to 1-40) that could accurately shoot a patched round ball at 1200 fps or so (cuz if I shoot a squirrel with a patched round ball at 2000 fps, there won't be nothing left).
Marlin .35 Rem.
I seem to have become infatuated with Sakos late in life and particularly the Sako Deluxes........wish I had picked a few more up when they were more reasonable.....
I've been wanting something in a 257 roberts. Would also like a model 52 sporter. Need a 1906 to go between my 1890 and 62
Savage model 99 in 308, 300 or 250 Savage.
Pre 64 Model 70 Featherweight .270. Sako 85 Classic.30-06. Ruger M77 RSI. CZ USA 512 .22 WMR. Browning BLR Lightning .308.
https://www.eurooptic.com/blaser-r8-baronesse-stock-receiver.aspx
Originally Posted by killerv
I've been wanting something in a 257 roberts. Would also like a model 52 sporter. Need a 1906 to go between my 1890 and 62

I filled my "need" for a .257 last year with a really sweet 1980's Ruger 77 tanger.

The only rifle I'd really like to have now to round out the safe is a lever action in .358. Don't know why I think I need one, I just don't currently have one.

So that's perfectly justifiable, I guess. grin
M336 , a 375, and 6.5 Creed.

Too many under-used guns now, so it isn't going to happen. Which has nothing to do with "want".

The 725SA in 260, the '94, the .338, and some others have all my "need" covered, and then some.
Savage 1899B in 30-30. I think that’s the octagon barrel model

Sako Finnbear in 300 H&H.
I've been poking around looking at/for shooter condition 32-40 rifles for the past several months. I'll eventually get around to picking one up one of these days... keep getting sidetracked on other stuff with my play money.
Left Hand Remington 700 KS.270,280,30-06, or 7mm Magnum.
Fulton Armory M1 Carbine.
None! I'm way past that!
I’d like a new 7mm PRC, just the rifle is wanted chambered in, evidently doesn’t exist yet.
I'm mainly interested in threading existing rifles, or more cans, or some thermal optics.

About the only rifle interest on the horizon might be if CVA releases a Scout single shot in .360 Buckhammer and ammo/components become available. Could be a nifty little rifle to suppress and use for our primitive weapons season here (plus normal gun season).
I'd like a Savage 99 250 Sav.
zero
Tikka Varmint 223
I've owned one pre 64 Mod 70 and lost that one in a divorce a lot of years ago. Would like another. Make it a Featherweight please....

Also becoming enamored with the idea of a Sako. Never owned one. I don't know bupkus about them so a bit of education would be needed.
Petrasalle double rifle in 54 cal. And a marlin in 35 rem or 45 70
I always have a running list of rifles that I’d like to have.

A nice original condition pre 64 Winchester M70 chambered in 300 H&H magnum has been on the list for a long time.

A 22 short chambered gallery gun is another.

A SCAR 17.

A few more Ruger no. 1’s

A Sharps 1874
Winchester Model 1886, in 45/70 takedown. Winchester Model 70, 30/06 pre war carbine. That should do it.
I "need" another rifle about as much as I need another hole in my head but.........

I'd like more lefty options. Such as one of the Howa super light in 308.
Another vote for a 257 Roberts here. Should have never sold that 700 Classic I had. Same with the 250-3000... & a good 222.

A 338 Federal & a 280 Ackley would keep me out of trouble for a while.

Maybe a 30-338 &/or a 6-284, or a 6mm Rem, or a 22 or 6BR.

My 22-250 Ackley still needs a new barrel... badly.

A 416 Taylor or 400 Whelen has been on the mental list for a few decades, just never scratched the itch. 375 Whelen might be an option too.

All above in bolt guns.

A decent 30-06 or 308 or 223 might follow me home if the price is right & the platform is to my liking.

A 45/70 in a lever gun or strong single shot might be fun to fool with.
Holland & Holland 375 H&H matched set of Double Rifles in the H&H 2 rifle matched luggage case of course.
German WWI Kar98az carbine.
Wanted one for years.

I saw one on gunsinternational. com, but the $2600. price tag scared me away.
Anchutz 22
Looked at a WR 470-NE, however it was a 4 year wait to receive or pick it up.
Originally Posted by zcm82
I've been poking around looking at/for shooter condition 32-40 rifles for the past several months. I'll eventually get around to picking one up one of these days... keep getting sidetracked on other stuff with my play money.

32-40 is an excellent pig killer

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Springfield Hellion but it ain't gonna happen
I continuously seem to remain just one away from being satisfied......

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by geedubya
I continuously seem to remain just one away from being satisfied......

ya!

GWB

I can understand that completely
My want list is blank at this time...I don't have any I want to get rid of either. Feels kind of odd. I don't remember ever being in this situation before.
Kingstons rifle, he has a pistol I want too.
Ruger # 1 in a 300 Weatherby mag. in nice shape
Originally Posted by cznut
Tikka Varmint 223

Got one of these I'd trade for a standard T3X stainless in .223
Just a solid long Mauser action for this .257 Weatherby barrel.

Oh, yes, and a good working bolt for the original Mossberg Model 46.
I honestly do not know
I’d like to have another 284 win in something lever and bolt action, like to have both. I had a 284 win built on a Ruger 77 but sold it at the Tulsa gun show years back, wished I’d kept it. I have a Savage 99 barrels action, I need to finish the stock for it.

I wouldn’t mind Ruger mini, 7.62x39. Also 6.5, about the only thing I don’t have. I’d be good with 6.5/06. I need to get off my ass and finish fitting the synthetic stock for 280 I’ve been working one.
Not counting the British/European double rifles and "magazine" rifles I lust for but will never be able to afford, there are still a few others on my wish list:

Modern 8x68s, preferably a late model Weatherby Mark V Europa

Remington 14 1/2 .38-40

Remington Seven Custom KS or MS .35 Rem

Remington Seven Custom KS 7mm BR Rem

Remington Seven (original) 6mm Rem

Remington 788 .30-30 win

Beretta Mato .375 H&H

Valmet/Tikka combo in a metric over 12ga
Tikka TX3 Lite in 308 Win. I will have one before the year is over
'73-'80 Marlin 336A. Left handed 338 Federal something or other maybe. May rework a lefty Savage into a 338.
All of them.
A 1000 yard benchrest rifle (17 lb. gun) that will agg in the 3's
I occasionally run across an older Winchester or Marlin 22lr that I find I really need. Other than that I don’t have the wants for any rifles.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
All of them.
Yes
Elmer Keith's First Model Newton in 256 Newton that he wrote about in "Hell, I Was There!".

Bearrr264's Grandfather's G&H restocked and engraved Remington 14 1/2 in .44-40 and 14 in 35. His Colt Bisley Target with ivory grips in .44-40 would be the cherry on the sundae.
None for me. I'm still thinning the herd. If I wanted another gun I could buy it tomorrow.
I wouldn’t turn down a nice model 14 Remington in 35 REM.
Top of my list would be a .54 cal Flintlock, full-stock rifle. I may order a Kibler kit and give it a try, but I'm still looking.

Next, I've got an irrational itch for a 44 Mag rifle. I had one. It became useless, but the idea still appeals to me. I keep hoping the gun fairy is going to dump either a Ruger Deerfield or a Model 96/44 in my lap, but so far . . .

see And I Can't Get it out of my head

There's still a Marlin 336 in 30-30 sitting in my safe from a project that is yet to be completed. I'm most likely going to send it off for reboring to 38-55 for an Ohio-ready deer rifle, but I keep putting it off.

Next on the list is some sort of .308 Win, possibly in carbine length. I have only one .308 WIN, and it doesn't like military brass. Meanwhile, I've got a pile of mil brass sitting there and . . . well, you get the idea.

Lastly, I think I'd like a double-action revolver in 357 Mag. Ruger GP100 would be my first choice right now. I used to have a hankering for a .38 target pistol, but I managed to trade all my 38 SPL brass for 357 Mag, so I'm less inclined anymore.
Bucket List

I would like to secure a West German stamped Weatherby Mk 5 in .300 Weatherby. A 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer that hasn't been butchered.
American Rifle Company - Mausingfield
Accuracy International

Hell, Id even take them in a 308
I’d rather have a case of the claps than own a Tika!!
Too many to list and funding is well short of what is needed.
I need to find a 1863 sharps cartridge conversion carbine in 50-70 with a peep and a rocky mountain front site. I would use that thing to hunt moose for the rest of my life.
Remington 40x .22 sporter and an original Winchester 52 sporter .22 both as new of course.

Greg
A flintlock rifle.
Kimber Talkeetna
I got my element in 7 prc now I want a 20" way point 6 Creedmoor.

Bb
My initial thought is a ULA/NULA 257 Roberts. I had one and sent it back to Melvin a few years ago and now it’s a 300 Savage.
Super cool rifle, but I really miss the Bob.
Have a 250, 25-06, and 257 Wby and just need the Bob to fill the gap.

I’m sure there are more, not that’s the usual answer for me
A nice Holland & Holland double in about 450 Nitro.
Gatling gun, seriously. But it will never happen! Just think how much fun that would be.
Nada.
45 Colt lever.
A H&H double rifle, a Winchester 21 12 guage, a Winchester 52C original sporter with their factory upgraded wood, a Remington 40X 22 Sporter F grade, a Sako A1 222 Remington, Smith and Wesson 41 pistol, and possibly one of the new US Army Sniper rifle systems with all the accessories, complete set of barrels and scopes, and ammo and dies to make more...

Now, if I could just hit the lottery one time it will all come true...
I had been wanting a.257 Roberts, but at the time nobody chambered them. When Ruger brought out the “Hawkeye” The Roberts was offered, and I love that rifle and caliber.
I got a .22-250 and a .243, not that I really wanted either, but found them in Remington M788s, and that model is one I love.
I’ve got too damn many guns by most normal people’s opinion, and the newer cartridges don’t do anything that what I got won’t, do there’s nothing I’m really “jonesing” for.
I always check out the used shelves, and if I find a 788 in .223, I’m gonna getbit, but nothing I’m actively looking for.
7mm
Originally Posted by bighunter7x57
But something I would absolutely love to have would be a 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle with a full length Mannlicher stock. And a barrel length of say, 18 inches.

Got one. Want to make an offer?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have just about everything I ever wanted. But a purely luxury list would include

--a Krag carbine
--a Trapdoor carbine
--a Sharps 1874 in .50-90
--an M3 Grease Gun
Mod 70 featherweight maple 308
I have just about everything I "need". Or to put it another way, I can do just fine with my current options. But as other people in this post have pointed out, for some reason that doesn't always cure me of wanting something I don't have. Fortunately, since most of the items on my "want" list are rare, expensive or non-existent, I've managed to exhibit some rare restraint lately.

For mainly nostalgic reasons, I have an attraction to some classic calibers that were more common when I was younger. They're often hard to find now so trying to locate them in a left-handed model makes that scavenger hunt all the more difficult. Being picky about certain small features or nuances doesn't help either. So here's a brain dump of models & calibers that are either favorites or items I don't currently have that always make me look closer:

.257 Roberts, .25-06 Remington, 6.5x55 SE, 7x57mm, .303 British, .300 H&H Magnum, 9.3x62 & .35 Whelen

LH Sako's, LH Winchester Model 70, LH Remington 700, Cooper, Dakota, Blaser K95, Merkel SxS (28g or 20g) & the totally unnecessary double express rifles.

So do I need this left-handed double in 9.3x74r? Uh...no. But I still want it!

An even more impractical choice might be a SxS .22 LR but I sighed wistfully over it anyway. That's a pretty rimfire.

I didn't really need this Dakota 76. That fact didn't stop me from bidding on it & crossing my fingers. I should have sacrificed a small animal too because I didn't win.

At some point I'll probably add something that shoots relatively fast & flat to my collection since I have a caliber gap at the low end. I'd give up on a .25-06 if I could have a Model 700 6mm Remington that looks like this one.

If I post any more I'll probably go out & buy something I can't afford so I'm going to stop now.
I really thought I had every rifle need met, then a 1955 Rem 722 in 244 came up for sale. I couldn't say no. It is one year older than I. We will take it out Sat and see if it will shoot. The barrel has a few pits, but the throat looks very fresh. I have some 95 gr poly tip boat tails loaded. It probably will not group with those. 85 gr soft points are inbound.

There is a Rem model 7 in the safe with a 24 inch 6mm-284 barrel which needs rebarreled. And a Win 70 classic in 7mm waiting to get a new 264 barrel. And a Savage 12 single shot with a 22-243AI barrel which needs rebarreled. I have an extra Remington 7-08 barrel. I might just thread it onto the Model Seven and give it to a grand kid for a hunting rifle.

Lots of stuff I have burned out that I need to make serviceable again. But nothing that I can really say I am looking for.
I'm waiting until I see it.
I'd like to have back the Winchester 1894 AE 307 Winchester. It shot pretty good and felt perfect in the hand. It was a looker too.
In no particular order:

JM Marlin 1894 20” .45 Colt octagon barrel
JM Marlin 1895 .45-70
Guncrafter No Name
Dan Wesson Valor
2nd Gen Colt SAA
Shiloh Sharps
M1 Garand
Mossberg Tactical 590
Remington 513-T
Custom 1909 Argentine
M70 FW in .308, .270
Custom (Defiance Deviant CRF) in 6.5x47
Browning Superposed
Originally Posted by HUNTNFISH
Left Hand Remington 700 KS.270,280,30-06, or 7mm Magnum.
+1 on the left hand KS. I also would like to have another Winchester 92 src in 32 wcf.
I have no earthly idea... way to many that I probably do not even know yet....

but if i had to name a few...

Winchester 52b
Winchester 75
several more Sako's
Remington custom shop 700 in 458 & 375 H&H
CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 with a set trigger
Winchester model 21 skeet
Winchester model 12 duck gun with 32 inch barrel and solid rib in nickel steel
and a whole bunch of class three guns
AR-15 in 25 WSSM
There are a few, but top of the list is a FN made para-FAL at the moment.

Old70
A 2# 10-22.
Was walking a 2000 table gun show and spotted what I thought was a heavy barrel Ruger Carbine. Stopped to look. It was an internally suppressed .44 Carbine. I'd like one.
LH 7mm08
338 Federal. I've got an lefty Ruger scout rifle and Browning that are candidates.
M77 RSI, CZ 600 Lux, Pre 64 M70
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Wanted one for years.

They didn't make a kar98 in those years
I have gone back and forth with Ralf on this one for a couple of years. He confirmed a proper restoration. My eyes ultimately kept me from buying it.

https://martinigunmakers.com/for-sale/thomas-bland-sons-44-40/
Sako brown bear.......
cureently, one of the Howa, short action lightweights in 6mm ARK or a Ruger American varmint in 6mm Creedmoor.
1874 Sharps just like on Quigley Down Under
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by zcm82

32-40 is an excellent pig killer

Every time you post pics of that rifle I get a little green with envy. 😏

I'd love an 1899, but I'll probably end up with an 1894 Win. The couple Savages I've seen for sale were collector pieces way beyond my pay grade.
Don’t need it, will never get it, but….. a Krieghoff Double in 470 Nitro! But, would settle for a new Sharps! memtb
I look almost everyday for the following...

Remington 700 in 264 WM or 300 WM in very good condition, made between 1962-1967, with the flat sided safety, untouched original stock and that has the original stainless steel barrel that Remington did their process on it to blue it... with the sights and pad in good condition.
A custom built by a dear old friend from years gone past “Keith Stegall” I had the true honor of knowing him and spending time in his workshop when I was young.

And I’d like a Drilling of some sort and a Double Rifle.
Howa Mini in 6ARC. Have always wanted a 1874 Shiloh Sharps in 45-70.
Wow…..how could I not thought of this first……a 6.5 Creedmore in any rifle! 😂 memtb
A few of those really nice items that Yar puts up occasionally
A nice double rifle, a Shiloh Sharps, and a lever gun from Big Horn Armory would fill my wants very well.
Like above the 1874 Sharps Quigley carried in the movie, the thought of a nice #1 or browning in 78 in 45/70. Never heard of a 700 KS till i started hanging out on this site that would be nice in LH 280. And although not a rifle I have been jonesing for a Dan wesson valor or v-bob for 7+ years now.
Originally Posted by steve4102
AR-15 in 25 WSSM

Loaded with 85 grain ballistic tips at 3700 fps for shooting deer at 50 yards…
😉
Originally Posted by beefan
A few of those really nice items that Yar puts up occasionally
No joke! Looking at what he sells makes me think I’d really enjoy a tour of what he keeps. The man definitely has great taste in firearms.
Oh yeah, and a Marlin 338MX
M1918 BAR
This has been so entertaining. I am not very mobile anymore but enjoy fine arms and am blessed to have several. Two that stand out in the want department would be a fine double rifle in 303 Brit. The other a Ruger #1 RSI in 6.5X55 with killer wood. Nuff said.
Originally Posted by papat
This has been so entertaining. I am not very mobile anymore but enjoy fine arms and am blessed to have several. Two that stand out in the want department would be a fine double rifle in 303 Brit. The other a Ruger #1 RSI in 6.5X55 with killer wood. Nuff said.

Great minds think alike. I have a Ruger #1 RSI in .275 Rigby (my 6.5x55 is a #1S). But a couple of pages earlier in this thread, I almost posted an image of a .303 British double rifle like the two below. Instead I posted a double 9.3x74r (which is also a good choice I wouldn’t mind having!) because I already have a pair of falling block .303 British.

Recently scratched the AR10 itch.

Up next is an O/U .30-06 for reasons I can't explain.
Originally Posted by Distridr
Recently scratched the AR10 itch.

Up next is an O/U .30-06 for reasons I can't explain.

I don't think an explanation is necessary! All us "gun sluts" have something that we just want. I recently acquired an older MKV LH in 270WBY. Why? Cause I always wanted a WBY and the 270WBY is a "plank owner" cartridge. I don't "need" it but it sure scratches an itch! Now if I could just find the "appropriate" glass.........
I want something in 6.5x55 SE, seeing as how my custom rifle project is evidently dead in the water.
Stainless KS in 30/06.
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Wanted one for years.

They didn't make a kar98 in those years

K98AZ, it was the WW1 carbine. Used extensively by storm troops.
I'd go for a Remington Custom Shop Model Seven Mannlicher in 35 Remington.

The KS in 35 Remington would be very cool as well and lighter to carry. Toss up between them.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Stainless KS in 30/06.

I recently got a very good, not to be passed on, deal on a KS in 7mag. I'm going to flip it.

Had it been a 30-06, I'd certainly be keeping it.
Nothing that I really want is available. Some haven't been made, maybe won't be.

1) Ruger-made Marlin .45-70. Of the current offerings I'd take the blued big-loop but what I'd really like is that same gun, blued or stainless, with a 22 inch barrel and full length magazine (and no picatinny rail) as a hunting rifle.
2) Ruger-made Marlin 1894 in .357 or .44. Not the std 1894, rather, either the big loop carbine or a cowboy version with an octagonal barrel.
3) Kimber 84L in 7x57 .. yep, they don't offer that, so I'd start with a .270 and kinda hope it didn't shoot. smile
4) Christensen scouty/ish Ridgeline in .223.
5) Pedersoli Sharps 1874 #3 sporting rifle in .45-70.
6) Low wall .25-20
7) High Wall .30-30 or .30-40

The only one I am really actively watching for is the first on the list.
Been through a few of those since a Swede moved into our hood. Inherently accurate for some reason and excellent hunting gun. I should have gone Ackley on the the target rifle. The tapered brass stretches bad. Excellent long range round either way. The original 7x57 Mauser seems more nearly perfect. An incredible invention.
I've wanted a Savage 99 in .303 for awhile. Funny thing is I don't want a nice one. I want one of those guns that you look at and think "the stories this gun could tell".
M2?
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
All of them.
Yes
Me too. And my name isn't joe biden

1883 Win or 71
Double in elephant cartridge and one in .303
Really fine long barrel flint
Sharps, maybe 2, one brass cartridge, one paper
14 Remington

Properly cartridges: .260 with a faster twist, 338 Federal. Single shots suit me, partly because of LH

I liked handirifles because I could afford to have cartridges I ( at least thought) i admired
No rifle wants. A 7-08 does everything I need.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'd go for a Remington Custom Shop Model Seven Mannlicher in 35 Remington.

The KS in 35 Remington would be very cool as well and lighter to carry. Toss up between them.

Yep, me too.
Ruger #1 or #3 in 30-40 Krag.
Liberty model would be a nice touch.
Brno ZG47 in 9.3, or maybe 7x57.
Marlin 1895 45-70 cowboy chopped to 16". Marlin century limited 22. 1892 winchester clone in 44 magnum.
An 1894 in 30-30 or something in 357.
Originally Posted by naiche
Marlin 1895 45-70 cowboy chopped to 16". Marlin century limited 22. 1892 winchester clone in 44 magnum.

The first one sounds like it might be a tad painful to shoot. Is that the one rated for dinosaurs?
Merkel Helix Alpinist in 308
Bighunter7x57, the recoil isn't too bad and I started hunting deer with a 50 cal at age 9. I find that big bores are more of a push than the sharp kick from stuff shooting spitzers.
Left Hand Kimber Ascent. .270 Win, 7x57, 6.5x55, 6.5CM, .243 Win...
An AR 223 that houses 2.8 inch OAL cartridges....
Originally Posted by MAC

Check your DMs.
I would love to have a 9.3 x 62 and a 7 x 57 in Hagn actions.
I'd like a good left-handed lever action rifle.
Marlin 1894 in .41 Magnum.
Originally Posted by MAC

SWEET!
Might be Chapuis’ light, top model double rifle in 9.2x74. I’d use it for whitetails in the timber.

Edit: it would be legal for deer in Iowa.
Savage 1899 in 32-40 caliber.
I would like to have a 280 AI, the problem is I have enough other rifles that will serve just as good. I guess I am a fun nut.
A Classic in .300sav.

Have pumps and levers but need a bolt
One caliber I've always wanted, since I was a kid, is a 264win mag.

I've had countless rifles, and cartridges, but never the 264win.

Love to see one for sale in a Cooper timberline or backcountry
Lately I've been on a rimfire kick. Though I have a boat load of them I still see some nice ones like Coopers and CZs. A small Mauser action in .222 or .223 with a Mannlicher stock maybe a Sako? When I go shopping with the wife at Costco I ask my wife what we need? Her answer is Costco tells her what we need. lol. I'm the same. Lots of guns I didn't know I wanted until I see them.
Originally Posted by 348winchester
Lately I've been on a rimfire kick. Though I have a boat load of them I still see some nice ones like Coopers and CZs. A small Mauser action in .222 or .223 with a Mannlicher stock maybe a Sako? When I go shopping with the wife at Costco I ask my wife what we need? Her answer is Costco tells her what we need. lol. I'm the same. Lots of guns I didn't know I wanted until I see them.

That's my wife too! There's a reason I hold her hand while we're shopping, and it's not just because I love her!
A nice English double in maybe 16 gauge and a double H&H 450 Nitro.
A Merkel or K95 Blaser other Kipplauf in 7x57R - prefer full stock version
Pre-War Holland and Holland double in 470 NE (or 450 NE).
Purdy would also work as would a Westly Richards with a rising bite.
I’d kinda like the Marlin 1894CL I used to have…could get it back I guess, but when I tried to do so I got the, “Gee Dad, the boys and I really, really like that little rifle…” They’ve got the dies, I showed them how to turn .32-20’s into.25-20’s…now I suppose when they’re here next week they’ll talk me out of the stash of .257 75 grain FP’s I just found.
A Browning Continental would be nice....
A really pleasant fellow on here recently suggested that I have need of a Farquharson, so I am keeping an eye out for a nice example in 303.
Not a rifle, but I really want a 12ga Blaser F3 SuperSport
Originally Posted by JSTUART
A really pleasant fellow on here recently suggested that I have need of a Farquharson, so I am keeping an eye out for a nice example in 303.

I love my Ruger #1 in 303 British. It’s a favorite & I really enjoy hunting with it.
Krieghoff SxS .470 ne
Something in 22 mag. Leaning towards a Ruger american with a threaded barrel and synthetic stock #8352.

.308 autoloader Ruger SFAR #5611 with 20' barrel.

Last would be a 9mm carbine. Have not chosen one yet but need to take pistol mags and will get a pistol to pair. Awsome a long gun requires a pistol purchase😁!

But alas the safes are full so I gotta sell 3 and have 5-6 that I will chose from.
any caliber I want I can rebarrel....

so nothing really
‘A’ series Sakos. I want an AI Kokotukki in .223, an AII 708 with iron sights, an AV .25-06 w a laminate stock, an AIV safari in 9.3 x 62.

And a Solothurn S-100 with all the accessories, for 189.00, just like in the post WWII ad.
Tikka T3X CTR .223. There's one in the classifieds right now. But I unfortunately live in California and I doubt the seller wants to ship it there.
A K95 with the straight American stock in ‘06 or .270 and a Zoli .450/400.
An original Marlin 39A.
A Remington 700 Alaskan Ti in 308, 7mm/08 or 270WSM.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Left Hand Kimber Ascent. .270 Win, 7x57, 6.5x55, 6.5CM, .243 Win...
A left hand Kimber anything would be a dream come true.
I would like a 7mm08 with a rem 700 or clone action with a 22 inch barrel in a MC Millian edge stock , stainless with a black nitride coating, scope undetermined at this time.
Originally Posted by Teeder
Marlin .35 Rem.

Load up on ammo and components because the straight walls are going to push this fine round into obscurity.

Not because they're better, because some idiot Politician thinks a straightwall round is "safer" than a bottleneck 🤪
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Teeder
Marlin .35 Rem.

Load up on ammo and components because the straight walls are going to push this fine round into obscurity.

Not because they're better, because some idiot Politician thinks a straightwall round is "safer" than a bottleneck 🤪

It's not really politicians, but the people on the various game commissions. And I really don't get it other than to play politics and try to give people scared of stray bullets from hunters the impression that the game commission is reducing risk.

But it is amusing. Indiana is not a straightwall state, but they require a bullet of at least .357 with a case length between 1.16 and 1.8 inches. So .350 Legend and .450 Bushmaster are legal, but .35 Remington (with a case length of like 1.92 inches) is not. The amusement comes from a person with a .35 Remington who made a 'wildcat' by shortening the case length to 1.8 inches, loaded the bullets out to the same overall length as a .35 Remington, and used load data for a .35 Remington (which is perfectly legal). Also we have a .35 WSSM wildcat running around (neck up .25 WSSM to accept .358 bullets) that basically gives the same ballistic performance as a .358 Winchester or a .35 Whelan.

And in southern Michigan and several other straightwall states, they have a case length cutoff (of 1.8 inches usually) which allows stuff like .350 Legend and .450 Bushmaster (but not the .45-70, which offers similar ballistics to a .450 Bushmaster), though some states (like Ohio) don't have that cutoff (so the .45-70 is legal).

I guess the only good thing about it is that such rules have given rise to new cartridges (and breathed life into the .450 Bushmaster) by creating a demand that didn't exist before (and admittedly such rifles are better than the muzzleloaders and shotguns only rules that used to be in such parts). If I find myself deciding to hunt deer in Indiana, I'm gonna have to get a Ruger Ranch in either .350 or .450 (or .400 if that is out by time I decide).
Blaser K 95.
A pump action 5.56/.223

Virgil B.
Kimber Montana in 223.
Originally Posted by paguy
Kimber Montana in 223.

With 1:7 twist and 2.5" mag box.

Kimber Montana in 22LR and 22Mag, tube-fed from the recoil pad end with no stupid scallop mid-way in the stock. It wouldn't have to be a Kimber, but, I know I like that platform. I'd be happy with anyone who'd build a SS/Syn rimfire in a trim package that feeds well without a bunch of widgets and doo-dads.
Seekins PH2 in 7 PRC.

...and one of everything else I don't have yet...maybe two of some of them...
Seekins Element in 6.5 prc

Kimber montana in 25-06

A bunch of other stuff too!
I’m wanting to put together a custom rifle. Never had one built. Probably more budget friendly than some of the beauties seen in the custom rifle forum and the blueprints thread. Basically a do it all. Thinking a 7-08 with Wyatt’s extended box, 700 clone and a 1-8” twist barrel. That’s as far as I am right now. Just an idea. But I figure I could hunt for a long while with something like that.
I don't really want any new rifles anymore, but I do pick one up when the mood strikes. I bought a used Bergara 17hmr a couple of weeks ago in a local shop.

It's incredibly accurate.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Fulton Armory M1 Carbine.

Just recently scratched that itch. Fun-to-shoot little rifle.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Remington Model Seven XCR
Remington Model 700 KS Stainless

Howa Mini Action Stainless

Ruger 77/22 Stainless 22lr
Volquartsen VT2
M1 Garand
Winchester 1892 .44 mag
a higher end .22 (still using my Remington 514a bought new for $23 in 1970)
© 24hourcampfire