Home
Posted By: naiche Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Bart Skelton gun writer and border lawman passed away at 62. He was the son of gun writer Skeeter Skelton. May he RIP
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Skeeter died at age 60. Longevity mustn’t be a family trait.

RIP.
Posted By: DMc Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Sure enjoyed Skeeter. Can't say I recall ever reading anything penned by Bart.
Posted By: blanket Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Damn
Posted By: Potsy Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Didn’t here post here a few times some time ago?
Hate to here it, only ever read a few of his articles but thought they were pretty decent.

RIP….
Posted By: blanket Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Yes he did
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
I seem to recall reading that Skeeter's wife already had Bart, he being a very young child, when Skeeter met her. So, no Skelton genetics there. Not to say that they were not family. I don't think Skeeter had any blood children, but I could be mistaken. BTW, Skeeter did not die of natural causes, but from a complication from a gall bladder surgery. No idea what Bart may have died from. Bart did write at least one book that I am aware of, but I cannot recall the name of it. I have it here somewhere. While he was a pretty good writer, he was no Skeeter, but so very few are. Very sorry to hear of his death. I do hope that he was at peace with the world.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
I enjoyed his writing, what little their was of it.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Bart Skelton - 05/05/23
Used to read him in one of the gun rags, Shooting Times or Guns and Ammo.
He was trying to fill his dad's shoes, but just was not quite as good as the "old man" although I did enjoy his writing.

Sad he passed so young.

Virgil B.
Posted By: mec Re: Bart Skelton - 05/06/23
Skeeter skelton was variously reported as having died from Pancreatitis or Pancreatic cancer age 62?
© 24hourcampfire