Home
Or both??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I watched his Mother's.
I like my horses running around a track, not getting crowned.
Derby, have watched it almost every year since secretariat.
No coronation for me. Charles isn't my king, and the Derby takes a lot less time to do.
Nope. Not me
Neither. I'm not interested in watching a bunch of crap for a 2 minute race, and I'm not a Brit so I'm not interested in watching Horse Face Charlie getting crowned.
Originally Posted by tdbob
Neither. I'm not interested in watching a bunch of crap for a 2 minute race, and I'm not a Brit so I'm not interested in watching Horse Face Charlie getting crowned.
You don't start watching till a few minutes before the actual race.
I watch the KD every year
I thought we settled all that royal stuff back in 1776.

DF
Derby. Never had a mint jubilee. Wife & I going to make & try one tomorrow & watch the race
Baseball. The correct answer is always baseball.
I need the coronation like I need a set of hemorrhoids.
The Derby. This evening I made a Mogino, maybe a "tweaking" of the mint julep, mojito.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Ed, I'll be right over!

Supposed to rain a little tomorrow and be windy so I HOPE to take the afternoon off in time to come home and watch the horse race.
Derby here. Don’t give a [bleep] about any royals.
I will pvr both and ff to the end and see wtf happened.
and both winners will have a horse face.
The coronation 'cause the last time it happened was almost 2 years before I was born. It is like looking at Haley's Comet when it passes by every 76 years. I expect to be around for William's coronation, but you never know.
When does the coronation start?

Maybe my woman can Devo it.
Pork butts on the smoker at the nearest American Legion tomorrow. Bookies in place & big screen TV's. Pot luck.

If I go, I'll be on the back deck with a bunch of my redneck friends having cold ones.

Invited to the Derby a few years ago, said she had her own boxed seats, been in her family for decades, appropriate attire should be the order of the day.

I passed on what some would consider the chance of a lifetime, just not me. They say the place ain't easy to get in to.
Wife's in Scotland. Reported that a rock was delivered from Scotland to Westminster.

All over the news.

They're hoping they get it back.

Apparently the English like the rock almost as much as the Scots.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
When does the coronation start?

Maybe my woman can Devo it.

Something like 1:00 AM EST is the start.

No idea when they squirt the oil on him and hand him his hat, stick, and ball.

We are Devo!
Neither…Watching YouTube videos about cheating hoes…
Neither---I've got an ATA shoot tomorrow. 100 singles & 100 caps
I wish there was something interesting to watch like football.
what vs what???? I'm gonna cue up "Guardians of the Galaxy", part 2, after I feed the dogs. And pop a Becks NA. I'm living large tonight.

Wife is gone to Anchorage.... smile
I think I saw on Fox News tonight that their coronation coverage begins at 5 a.m. tomorrow. Not that I would watch it regardless of time. I watch the Kentucky derby if I happen to be free when it's on. Who gives a rats rear end about the coronation?
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The coronation 'cause the last time it happened was almost 2 years before I was born. It is like looking at Haley's Comet when it passes by every 76 years. I expect to be around for William's coronation, but you never know.

Yes. I might see William crowned, who knows - Senile Usurper PedoBiden might blow up the planet from his White House bunker....
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Yes. I might see William crowned, who knows - Senile Usurper PedoBiden might blow up the planet from his White House bunker....
The real rulers would probably lock him out. Who'd want to be locked in a bunker with either Biden or Harris, unless Harris provides the 'entertainment'?
Buddy is there. He was sending me photos all day. Lots of woodford cocktails being consumed. I think I'd like to go once.
Wasn't Devo the giant black guy in the movie Friday?
Gonna hafta pass on both.
Was he wearing one of these?

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

(The giant black guy. Not the inbred white guy.)
I think he rode a peddle bike.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Wasn't Devo the giant black guy in the movie Friday?
We have a Devo here over in the Molina hood about half blacks and half mescans, was picking up Polk one morning for work and Devo comes walking up to the truck, he had an 18-pack of beer he sold me for 10 bucks.
Don't care about either. My wife usually watches Royal stuff going on over there, but can't stand Charles and his hag of a wife.
Gonehuntin: Varmint Hunting for me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The whole concept of "royalty" seems anachronistic to me. Then again "Democratically elected" is starting to seem like something from a bygone era too. I'll just take the dogs for a long walk tomorrow.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by tdbob
You don't start watching till a few minutes before the actual race.

^^^This^^^
Originally Posted by 673
and both winners will have a horse face.

LOL. The ugliest horse will still be a lot better looking than Charles or Camilla. 🤪
Either way one is likely going to see a lot of horses asses….
Most of what's wrong with this world started with the Brits.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Pot, meet kettle.
I'll be turkey hunting.
Woke up early. Making sourdough bagels and have it on in the background. Gotta say they put on a hellava show.

In all seriousness it is something to watch a thing that has gone on for a thousand years.
Same. Woke up early, turned on the TV, and there it is.

Boring, so hopefully it will put me back to sleep.
I'll be at the race. It's 7 AM here now. Getting ready to head on over. It will be a long day, but fun.
Looks like he should be in a Vegas act in that get up.

He is having problems staying awake also.

Camila looks impatient.
Big teethed inbreds, horses or royalty?
Originally Posted by poboy
It's in the Bloodlines
Special Needs baseball game for my daughter this morning and surf fishing this evening, not watching anything on TV.
Bet a bunch of the people at Coronation are thinking gt this over with I Gotta Pee, wouldn't want to be in the line at bathroom. Rio7
Not me, don't care
Lots of singing.......
My wife watching the Brits....says it is like an adult cartoon.
Horse mounted band. That's a first for me.
The Brit's don't mind Walking thru Horse Schitt, we wade thru Government Bull Schitt every day, I take the Horse Schitt any time. Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7
The Brit's don't mind Walking thru Horse Schitt, we wade thru Government Bull Schitt every day, I take the Horse Schitt any time. Rio7

The get both.
The local TV stations in KY completely lose their shìt over the Derby, and turn it into an all-day event. The spectacle of it bores me. If I want to go to a horse race I'll go to Keeneland. I'll probably watch the race but ignore the rest of it. I'm not interested in the English monarchy circus at all.
It's on 'in the background'......

The usurpers, the Windsors, that came out of the Hanovers, that came out of the Stuarts, that came out of the Tudors who STOLE the throne from MY family the Plantagenets.....

Bastids...........

I'm the 21st G.Grandson of William I...........

Maybe I should let it go!?!?!?!?!

wink
I didn't realize the monarchs were parading today. We fought a war to get rid of those idiots. Pay them no attention.
Charles is just a couple months younger than me so we probably have the same life expectancy. He can afford better health care but he's likely under a lot more stress. Unlike him, I have 2 well adjusted sons, I don't have 50 family leeches riding on my inheritance, and my biggest worry is whether I can get an elk tag this year.
Originally Posted by poboy

Take your pick, I am pretty sure it can be applied to either.

Added: Basically they are rich people with a slice of the tourism and .gov welfare pie.
The fascination people in this country have with the British monarchy is disturbing.
I read today that that Kentucky Derby is just Nascar for the Amish and it got me a chuckle...
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
The fascination people in this country have with the British monarchy is disturbing.

It's not the people, its the media in this country. Look around... an alarming portion of interest the people have anymore is controlled by the media. Heck, look at the topics in the Hunter's Campfire...
I enjoy the actual race of some beautiful horses. Today , people are losing their scheisse as there have been quite a few scratches as I understand!
Bunch of fuggin Krauts masquerading as Brit royalty.

Erin Go Bragh 🍀
no interest in either 'event'. Read a book instead.
Told my wife the coronation is today.

She said, of what?

The king of England.

There’s a new one?

P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Charles is just a couple months younger than me so we probably have the same life expectancy. He can afford better health care but he's likely under a lot more stress. Unlike him, I have 2 well adjusted sons, I don't have 50 family leeches riding on my inheritance, and my biggest worry is whether I can get an elk tag this year.

And I would venture that your 'rearing' was far deeper into the realm of normal than his was............ the mans a loon.....
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I thought we settled all that royal stuff back in 1776.

DF

So...according to one of the announcer's that Disney like carriage that the king road around in...was built for King George the III...the same king who's tyranny was broken in America by the revolutionary war. But, I guess he didnt ride in it for his coronation. Stil...I guess I view it as eating crow on each coronation event.

It's called the Gold Stage Coach in wikipedia.
Turned the hotel room TV on this morning and all that was on was some fat, useless, tool in a dress. If that was the coronation, then we need to be even more appreciative of our founding fathers!

Been driving all day. Went through Louisville earlier, but didn't drop in on the derby. Need to get home and ride my own horses. Doubt if them high falutin' types have much use for us endurance riders anyhow, lol
Neither...

Did I miss something?
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Neither...

Did I miss something?

Wellll, if your a little light in the loafers you might appreciate that coronation business...
Now, now men...we got no room whatsoever to be poking fun at pompous displays of meaningless expensive ceremonies honoring meaningless people who have accomplished nothing in their worthless lives. Sen John McCain's two week long funeral comes to mind.
I missed horse face getting his royal Crown, it was on at 5am, who the fugg gets Crowned at 5am, I slept in.
Just about to watch another horse win a real race.
American historian Jon Meacham on today's coronation of King Charles "We fought a revolution so we wouldn't have to watch this sort of thing."
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Pot, meet kettle.
No Stevelyn is correct....the indiscriminate, unthoughtful drawing of lines on maps during the height of the British Empire, without any regard for tribal alliances, religions, geography or tradition is responsible for 300 years of strife. The rapacious appetite for wealth of the British East India Co, Hudsons Bay Co and the largest drug dealers in history, the British Opium traders is undeniable.
We Yanks and our love for endless wars do not have clean hands, not by a damn sight, but it pales in comparison to 300 years of British blunders, for which we are still paying for in China and the middle east.
I couldn't care less about either one of them. Watching a few minutes of a few horses run around a track with no money involved on my part,,, so what. As far as the Coronation goes, we ran the British out of here a long time ago.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Now, now men...we got no room whatsoever to be poking fun at pompous displays of meaningless expensive ceremonies honoring meaningless people who have accomplished nothing in their worthless lives. Sen John McCain's two week long funeral comes to mind.

John McCain is ded? This is fantastic news.
A Buddy of mine was there watching and hit the exacta on the race.
ARTICLE

Interesting and at times funny read.

The British press can be a snarky lot.....
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Pot, meet kettle.
No Stevelyn is correct....the indiscriminate, unthoughtful drawing of lines on maps during the height of the British Empire, without any regard for tribal alliances, religions, geography or tradition is responsible for 300 years of strife. The rapacious appetite for wealth of the British East India Co, Hudsons Bay Co and the largest drug dealers in history, the British Opium traders is undeniable.
We Yanks and our love for endless wars do not have clean hands, not by a damn sight, but it pales in comparison to 300 years of British blunders, for which we are still paying for in China and the middle east.
The Brits were also responsible for centuries of war between 2 of the largest call-themselves-Christian churches in existence - the Roman Catholics and the Church of England. Countless 1000's of men died fighting over which church would run the politics of England and other European countries. One king after another came to the throne as a member of the other church and bloody persecutions would ensue trying to turn the country to the king's church. They invented incredibly cruel ways to kill dissidents. It was all as unchristian as it could get.
125 Million of tax payer money and not there own, for this dog and pony show better them than me. Although we do get hosed for even more on a daily basis.
I think it's funny how the press is ripping Katy Perry for her stupid hat. Yes, it was a stupid hat. But anything British and Royal turns into a retarded-hat contest.
© 24hourcampfire