Home
Posted By: travelingman1 Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
sitting here, enjoying the fire, sipping on my one cup of coffee a day and realized just how many years I have been doing that. I helped split the kindling when it all started so many years ago. Usually spend 30 mins to an hour reading lots of neat stories. Also have seen all the train wrecks through the years. Often funny as I NEVER participate. When I lived out of the country, the fire was my way to stay connected to hunting and fishing. Have learned a lot about guns but also so many other things. Seems there are always knowledgeable folks on any subject and always willing to help.

So, just wanted to say Thanks to everyone, (well almost everyone) for all the years. It is a family with good and bad members but I feel it is my family and care for you all.

Special thanks to Rick for putting up with us all this time.

Ray Garren
Travelingman
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
Amen Ray.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
Interesting take Ray,

thanks
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
And thanks to you Ray. You were a Crow Creek resource for me quite a few years ago. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Posted By: RickBin Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
Made my day, Ray.

Thanks!

Rick
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
Ray has an excellent perspective and gratitude too! Makes me think I could use more of that, thank you Ray, and Rick too.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
Travelingman1: Ray how nice of you to extend your thanks to the CampFirers.
I also have learned a lot in the 20+ years i have been attending.
You are welcome.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: g5m Re: Just Thanks! - 05/31/23
There's alot of knowledge on the 'Fire. And even more entertainment.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
For those that missed it yesterday
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
Traveling man 1;

You and I have been here about the same length of time, and I feel the same as you do.

Over the years I have learned a LOT of tips and tricks about guns, and many other things as well, thanks to a lot of knowledge shared by fellow members.

Thanks from me also! Virgil B.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
VB, you got me by a month.

It’s been a good time so far.

P
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
You made me look and I have been here over twenty years.
Started reloading over 15 ago and would never have been inclined if not for this place.
Travelingman1- nice to see the true meant spirit of the fire through you. A good reminder to all to keep things positive.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
I learned which chainsaw to buy and what a Cleveland Steamer is. I am eternally grateful.
Posted By: rte Re: Just Thanks! - 06/01/23
You could be the oldest member with the least amount of posts.

Reading more and opining less is advice that one of my favorite professors gave to some of his favorite students.
Posted By: rufous Re: Just Thanks! - 06/02/23
Originally Posted by rte
You could be the oldest member with the least amount of posts.

Reading more and opining less is advice that one of my favorite professors gave to some of his favorite students.

I resemble that remark
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Just Thanks! - 06/03/23
Nice post Ray. If the balloon doesn't go up before this coming March it will have been 20 years for me. You guys had a steady fire going before I showed up. Thanks for that too.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Just Thanks! - 06/03/23
Thanks for everyone's kind words. Nothing is perfect but there is a lot more good than bad on the fire. At least from where i sit.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Just Thanks! - 06/03/23
Cheers.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Just Thanks! - 06/03/23
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Cheers.

+1

Cheers 🍻

🦫
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Just Thanks! - 06/03/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire