Home
https://www.businessinsider.com/aut...pply-chain-constraints-car-buyers-2023-5

Yep. They’re doing what everyone thought they were…
Motorcycle dealerships are doing the same thing, altho I see a few who have 2022 models in stock. And they ''want'' full retail plus all the other BS.
Yep. I understand REAL shortages, but now they’re just manipulating the supplies to “look” like a shortage.
Not turning off my Ad blocker but interested?
but, muh free market!
DOn't feed them.
Not sure I believe this. There is a lot about a half mile from work. 30sh acres. I see it fill up and empty out a couple of times in a 2 week period.

No telling how many F150 pick-ups fit on that damn thing.
So stop buying them. Pretty simple but too many people have to be the cool guy on their block. Idiots. Probably triple boosted too.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
So stop buying them. Pretty simple but too many people have to be the cool guy on their block. Idiots. Probably triple boosted too.
Too simple.

Gotta keep up with the Jones'
I just paid more for a new half ton Chevy than I thought I ever would. Oh well, i had to have a truck and used ones with 50k miles on them are selling for $50k or more there isn’t much you can do about it if you need a truck.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Not sure I believe this. There is a lot about a half mile from work. 30sh acres. I see it fill up and empty out a couple of times in a 2 week period.

Pretty common for vehicle dealers to move stock around to other lots, and/or, in the case of used, take back to auction and sell to pay off loans before accumulating too much interest.
Dealer told me that among their 3 lots they had been spending millions in floor plan
annually. "Unless things change in a way I don't see happening, you will never see the huge lots full of cars again."
If you think there is not a shortage you’re a fugking idiot.

Supply chains were full or partially interrupted for almost three years.

If you don’t like it, slap a COVTARD in the fugking mouth.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Do you know what fleets are?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
DOn't feed them.

LOL.

Carry the hay on your back. Deliver auto parts on a rickshaw.

What the fugk planet do you people live on?
Washed my 04 Colorado Saturday morning.
Looks pretty G now.
Got 186k on it.
Runs like a Swiss watch.

Old ladies 2016 Dart running good , looks good considering how many times she has stoved it up..

Last summer she was talking about wanting a new car.
Talked her out of that stoopid fuuking schit.

Per many things in that article were said by me to her also.

The fuuuking manipulation these azzholes are still pulling is some pretty low schit.

But then again people are buying them at outrageous prices.
Almost like it is some status symbol for em to talk about how much they paid and how the dealer "helped" them out getting a new vehicle.

Even called them when some arrived and had color selection too....
🤣🤣🤣
If you believe there is a shortage you are a fugking idiot.
Hey I got a question for some of you numb nuts:

If I have to make 300 trucks a day, five days a week, to keep up with demand, how long will it take me to catch up if I don’t make trucks for two years?
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Sure thing, 007.

LOL
New vehicles around here go like hot cakes.
Car lots have probably 2/3rds the inventory they had pre covid bullschit.
But it has taken a long time to reach the level now.
Vehicles sat on lots alot longer pre covid than what they fuuking do now thats for sure.

Thing is they can sell 100 vehicles in 2 weeks and then boom within a week another 100 are on the lot.

They are most def playing a shell game of planned availability now.

I imagine alot of the vehicle inventory coming in are individual orders now alot more so than pre covid bullschitt.

Is what it is....

Can't see paying 40 45 k or more for a F 150 that is barely above baseline model.
I can just imagine what full blown all the bells and whistles ones are going for in 2wd let alone 4wd..

70 80 k????
Originally Posted by joken2

Pretty common for vehicle dealers to move stock around to other lots, and/or, in the case of used, take back to auction and sell to pay off loans before accumulating too much interest.
This is a Ford lot, not a dealer lot.
Originally Posted by deflave

Sure thing, 007.

LOL

You bet your ass dummie…LOL
If somebody wants to blow it up and count them. Probably filled up and emptied every week and a half or 2 weeks.

Sometimes it seems it is full and empty 2x a week.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload photo on net
I think I’ll go buy a new vehicle tomorrow with Deflave’s tax money.

Sure thing, 007.

LOL
More F-150s. Roughly 70 acres.

There is another lot or two up by the Ford plant.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
"Rumor" has it that whereever the Super Dutys are made in the South they were scrapping new trucks in 22 to get rid of 2021 models.

Seems extreme but you never know

Sure thing, 007.

LOL

Let’s frame it another way for all the fugking idiots like Johnny NoNuts:

I have to move 300 vehicles in the northbound lane of an intersection, every hour, to maintain traffic flow.

300 cars back up every hour, for 520 hours.

How long until traffic flow returns to normal?

Sure thing, 007.

LOL

Uh-huh.

So bad ass he can’t add.

LOL
Things are normal
Let’s frame it another way for all the fugking idiots like Johnny NoNuts:

I have to move 300 vehicles in the northbound lane of an intersection, every hour, to maintain traffic flow.

300 cars back up every hour, for 520 hours.

How long until traffic flow returns to normal?
A long fuu.uucking time.
About 4 or 5 weeks ago .
Youngest daughter bought some 2023 VW hatchback small SUV looking thing.

35 k...

JFC..

got a call outta the blue about flipping insurance to New car.
I'm like Wtf???

Asking her VIN # stuff.
Puts me on phone with her newb dippy sales woman.
Fuuking airhead.
Asking her for Vin and lein holder info for insurance schit.
Had to play phone tag with her salesmen and ins people.
Ins person inept as fuuk too with some fuuked up accent from the middle east.

JFC...

basically had to do their jobs for them.
When all I needed was a fuuuking Vin and leinholder address.

Fuuking VW dealer gave her 5500 trade in on her 2015 decked out option jetta.
Wish she woulda tried to have sold it private sale
She also put 6500 bucks on it .
A week later the Jetta was on their lot for 12500
Dad went and scoped it out.
Didn't tell her that either...

Her 1st new car on her own accord.
Wasnt gonna ruin her feeling of it all by giving her advice or telling her when she called about the ins to let dad come over about the trade in value of that jetta.

Just gotta let em sail or fail.
She makes good money.
Did it on her own.
Had basically no credit history.
But her trade in and the 6500 she also put on it raised VW finance eyes in a different light.

We all BTDT on our 1st New vehicle buy.
That 1st new car feeling.

Basically the 45 mins of phone fuuuk between USAA ins newb with the Dirka Dirka accent and space shot newb VW sales woman all outta the blue is what ticked me off.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤪😡😡🤪🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
160,000 cars?
Dearborn produces 1k trucks a day.

How many plants does Ford build trucks in?
The best way for a car company to get rich is to create a fake shortage, overproduce a bunch of vehicles and then don’t sell them and let them get old on a lot somewhere near Detroit and wait for all the rabid car buyers to come drooling after the outdated models and buy them with high interest money that is impossible to borrow. THE END

This book is written and read by idiots that found it in the fiction section at Barnes and Noble…
Local lots are saying they arent selling chit. For sure depends on the area and how well off the people are in that area. I know lots near bigger cities that are doing well. Other lots are on the verge of folding
All those vehicles sitting at manufacturers storage lots waiting on chips in 2021 and 2022 from Buckethead Central C19 bullschit was the huuuuuuge factor in this.

Chip plants are coming on line here in the US or fixing too.

So the back up of new inventory is still a factor.
But dealers playing the C19 card on people as much as they can with planned availability is bullschit also.

But people are gullible and gotta keep up with the Jones which is also a factor.

Lot of dynamics involved in sales, marketing, and availability.
Dealers know this and will exploit it.

Capitalism .

Nothing wrong with it at all, but customers can be easily manipulated also.
The powersports industry is doing the same thing.
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Local lots are saying they arent selling chit. For sure depends on the area and how well off the people are in that area. I know lots near bigger cities that are doing well. Other lots are on the verge of folding
Military town around here and all the demographics that go along with that.
And this area has alot of big manufacturing business cause TN is friendly to big companies.

Clarksville has not stopped growing since I got here in July of 90.
I remember when 41A was a single lane 2 way road.
Car lots fill up with inventory and restock on regular basis.
I imagine car manufacturers know their markets well and prioritize on how fast they go thru inventory.

That only makes business sense really.
Originally Posted by renegade50
All those vehicles sitting at manufacturers storage lots waiting on chips in 2021 and 2022 from Buckethead Central C19 bullschit was the huuuuuuge factor in this.

Chip plants are coming on line here in the US or fixing too.

So the back up of new inventory is still a factor.
But dealers playing the C19 card on people as much as they can with planned availability is bullschit also.

But people are gullible and gotta keep up with the Jones which is also a factor.

Lot of dynamics involved in sales, marketing, and availability.
Dealers know this and will exploit it.

Capitalism .

Nothing wrong with it at all, but customers can be easily manipulated also.
Those vehicles up the road didn't sit nearly as long as some would think. Now they may have gone from the Ford lot to a dealer without a chip but they were going somewhere.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Campers and RVs same.
Campers and RVs same.
Not currently. A year and a half ago, yeah, but rv sales are down 30%+ for most dealers. Manufacturers have campers to send, but dealers are cutting way back. Two things are hell on rv sales, fuel prices and interest rates and both suck currently

ATV,s of all sorts and flavors can be had around here.
Many are selling em private for balance owed once the real payments hit em after 12 or 24 months of those low incentive payments to buy new end.
Know a couple of guys in the area that have bought 1 or 2 yr old ATV,s for 1000,s less than brand new.
Dealers won't give these 1st time buyers anywhere close what they owe but will most def resell way above what they owe.
Lotta guys buying used ATV,s around here know that also.

And most of em have ridiculous low hours and mileage on em.
Guys that used em prior to drive to a deer stand and watch a corn feeder.
Older guys buy alot of new ATV,s around here.
The convienance of new and age figure into it.

Alot of these guys buying new atv,s also work this system also.
Buy new, when real payments hit, sell it for balance owed. Then buy new again at the easy 12 or 24 month payment rate.
Repeat....
And the dealers know this all also.
No one wants to buy a full retail resale used atv at a dealer.

Some of em with the rubber mold tips on the tires.
0 damage to plastic.
Some of em ain't hit the 1st oil change hour mark.

Buying a used ATV via private party around here is the way to go for many guys.
Basically buying one from someone else's easy credit buy when the real 4 or 5 times higher payments hit em.
Campers and RVs same.
Not currently. A year and a half ago, yeah, but rv sales are down 30%+ for most dealers. Manufacturers have campers to send, but dealers are cutting way back. Two things are hell on rv sales, fuel prices and interest rates and both suck currently
May be regional. Around Truman Lake/Lake of the Ozarks here in MO the dealers lots are full. Boss bought a new one this weekend and said the dealership was hopping.

Another camper/rv lot about 2 miles west of first pic I posted.

The main gist of the article is that dealers aren’t keeping huge stock on hand, mainly ordering for customers or acting like they really had to struggle to get those on the lot, and manufacturers are not making lots of base models, but making more “premium” models. —-“Hey, we could sell you a base model, but it might be 6 months before it gets built, OR we can sell you this PLATINUM model, TODAY!!”
There are three new car dealers down the road, Fire, GMC and Dodger/Jeep. A year ago, the lot was empty, now there are so many vehicles they are parking them on the grass on the side and in back of the dealerships.

I had two buddies buyFord F-150’s and both came in without certain chips (navigation system, heated steering wheel and seat heater), Ford won’t install the chips even when they become available, they paid premium for them. I would have told the dealer to shove it!
Campers and RVs same.
May be regional. Around Truman Lake/Lake of the Ozarks here in MO the dealers lots are full. Boss bought a new one this weekend and said the dealership was hopping.

There are some dealers in more higher end areas doin ok. We are in whats called a 20 group through spader, which is groups made up of rv dealers around the country and none of the dealers in our group are reporting high sales. Everyone of them is down, some much worse than others. Im sure there are some selling around the country as everywhere can be a little different. I know we sell in a normal year 800-1000 and we havent even hit 200 sold yet for the year. Service is busy, scheduled out 2 months, but sales is done more than we ever seen in well over 50 years of running. Most are reporting the same
I wanted/needed a truck. Found a 2005 Silverado HD Duramax with 140K miles. Minty all around. Cost was minimal, performance is top flight. No way would I buy a new one.
Supply is in a terrible mess.

8 months to get my friend Rita a new base model RAV4... and that is with me pulling strings for her.

(I won't touch any other maker anymore...)

18v batteries for tools are sky high (MAX ones... not the brokedick ones).

"Reasonable prices and steady supply is right around the corner..." HORSE CHIT...

China has lithium by the balls.

Looked at a Dodge 1500 on the web yesterday... $8,800 added (Market Adjustment)

$80k for a brokedick 1/2 ton gasser... fugging unbelievable.

DOn't feed them.

LOL.

Carry the hay on your back. Deliver auto parts on a rickshaw.

What the fugk planet do you people live on?

No Dummy, if you don't need a new vehicle don't buy it. Plenty of New trucks available as well below or at MSRP if you know how to look.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

8 months to get my friend Rita a new base model RAV4... and that is with me pulling strings for her.

"Reasonable prices and steady supply is right around the corner..." HORSE CHIT...

You are looking in the wrong places . Dealer I know who ships trucks.. he has a ton of them

https://www.31dodge.com/new/Ram/2023-Ram-1500-kernersville-1cf8f4610a0e081d41bfa21a59dee9bd.htm

You are looking in the wrong places . Dealer I know who ships trucks.. he has a ton of them

https://www.31dodge.com/new/Ram/2023-Ram-1500-kernersville-1cf8f4610a0e081d41bfa21a59dee9bd.htm

Cool...

ONLY $70k for a brokedick 1/2 ton gasser... IF I SHOP AROUND.

Cool...

ONLY $70k for a brokedick 1/2 ton gasser... IF I SHOP AROUND.

12K underr MSRP not good enough? People keep paying the price they ask that's what you get. It is not going to change in the foreseeable future, Unless Demand drops .
If I Stihl and offered a new Stihl 500i at 50% off... I would get people attention...

If I said the the MSRP was $4,299... would you still be excited?

That was kinda my point...

$65k to $85k is the new price point for 1/2 ton trucks.
If I Stihl and offered a new Stihl 500i at 50% off... I would get people attention...

If I said the the MSRP was $4,299... would you still be excited?

That was kinda my point...

$65k to $85k is the new price point for 1/2 ton trucks.

Those prices are here to stay and probably will increase year to year because of inflation.

. Manufacturers are not stupid they slow down production get guaranteed sales from their dealers and make out like bandits. You pretty much have to order anything to get it . Saves the dealer a Huge Floor plan as well.

The Dodge dealer I sent you the link to has always been a high volume dealership. He has lots everywhere overflowing with trucks,Jeeps etc.
It's people's money so it's theirs to spend. But I smh when folks supposedly buy a truck to use and then buy the most decked out truck with really unnecessary options and then bitch you can't buy a truck for less than $50 to 75 thousand bucks. ( Is that a run on sentence?) Lol

There are trucks out there with the correct specs to do the job needed. The options are what drives the price into insane territory. Vehicles are a tool but they have become a status symbol. Just like couples with no children who buy 6 bedroom Mcmansions. It's all about the show.

But it's their money, doesn't cost me a dime.
We've been babying the hell out of our 'fleet' of vehicles.
11' Mazda 3
14' Honda CRV
04' Tahoe
99' Frontier
Just keeping them all running good, rotating what we drive and trying to avoid needing to replace anything since the market when bastschidt.....
A du mass girl pulled into the side of wife the other day in the 3, needs 2 door skins, rear quarter and bumper and wheel[and who knows what behind the wheel].
That was our lowest mileage vehicle at 112K
Possibly totaled due to age/value
Sux
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The main gist of the article is that dealers aren’t keeping huge stock on hand, mainly ordering for customers or acting like they really had to struggle to get those on the lot, and manufacturers are not making lots of base models, but making more “premium” models. —-“Hey, we could sell you a base model, but it might be 6 months before it gets built, OR we can sell you this PLATINUM model, TODAY!!”

that is what is happening to me with Toyota. I can't get an LE model anything, but I can get the Platinum or whatever today for $15K more. I'm paying cash and I can't make myself pay that much to get a heated steering wheel (although they are nice). I ended up dumping my money into something that didn't depreciate and will just keep driving the cars I have until I'm ready (or out of necessity) to buy on better terms
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I wanted/needed a truck. Found a 2005 Silverado HD Duramax with 140K miles. Minty all around. Cost was minimal, performance is top flight. No way would I buy a new one.
This is what I did 2 years ago. Didn't really need a new truck as my then current 2006 1500 Silverado only had about 225k on the odometer but a friend had an 08 GMC 1500 with 60k on the odometer. I bought it right, had the body redone, Fuel wheels, Corsa stainless exhaust and a few other things.

I still have less in it than most comparably equipped 1/2 trucks with same miles and the body should be solid for another 10-15 years.

Boss bought a new 5th wheel camper over the weekend. His half ton isn't enough to move it so after the first of the year he is wanting to trade up for an F-250, he can't decide whether diesel or the 7.3. Bet he wouldn't be pulling the camper 500 miles a year to start with. Will be more after he retires in a few years but he is having a hard time letting go of that extra $10k in the beginning.

He did the build and price yesterday and had what he wanted priced at $73k, ain't no way for me but it's his $$.
I hear these things every day, usually from some jackass who can't get certain things in their line of work either.

The supply chain is broken, never to be repaired upon the expectations of the consumer. Heed my words.

The consumer needs to buy what's for sale, not what they want.

[bleep] shut down a production state for a year. Many more got sent home to work from there, never to return to an office or shop. Companies were paid to keep employees at home. It was done intentionally if one has two brain cells to rub together.

If you have an older vehicle, you will not find critical parts. If you have a new vehicle, ESPECIALLY one with all the self inflicted handicap accessories, you will not get parts.
Government contracts were always given priority, even during the height of shutting everything down.

Kind of like primers and ammunition...

Hope you never need a TCM.....
Originally Posted by HawkI

Hope you never need a TCM.....
??
Transmission Control Module

They're not available right now for older Duramaxes...
Last October for two orders.

He might be okay with an '05.
Transmission Control Module

They're not available right now for older Duramaxes...
Last October for two orders.

He might be okay with an '05.
Even through the aftermarket performance shops?
Check their stock first...

Losta "ifs" included, IF they have them.
What was minimal in dollars? Curious
If you have an older vehicle, you will not find critical parts. If you have a new vehicle, ESPECIALLY one with all the self inflicted handicap accessories, you will not get parts.
Government contracts were always given priority, even during the height of shutting everything down.

Might be some truth to that. I've been waiting a month for a control module for my '11 F350. Hoping to get it next week. Fingers crossed.
What happened to all the vehicles that were sitting in factory lots, waiting on computer chips? Did they destroy them?
It makes you sick how vehicles have increased in price over the years. I saw a Youtube video of a guy looking and talking about a 1969 Corvette with a L88 427. He said it retailed for about $6,000 in '69. He said in todays money that would be about $45,000. WTF!
That 1969 Vette did not have ABS, traction control, variable valve timing, direct fuel injection, rain sensing wipers, blue tooth to your telephone, remote starting, rear vision cameras, heads up display, 200 mph speed rated tires, selective engine tuning, 500 hp in the base model, eight speed tranny, 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds.

What did I leave out? Fuel economy? Oh yes, it does it all on less gas than a 1969 250 cid inline six would have.

Technology costs money.

I do not need all that tech. I will keep driving my old ones.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
That 1969 Vette did not have ABS, traction control, variable valve timing, direct fuel injection, rain sensing wipers, blue tooth to your telephone, remote starting, rear vision cameras, heads up display, 200 mph speed rated tires, selective engine tuning, 500 hp in the base model, eight speed tranny, 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds.

What did I leave out? Fuel economy? Oh yes, it does it all on less gas than a 1969 250 cid inline six would have.

Technology costs money.

I do not need all that tech. I will keep driving my old ones.

Ex freakin zactly. You can't buy half a corvette Today for $45,000.
Originally Posted by roverboy
It makes you sick how vehicles have increased in price over the years. I saw a Youtube video of a guy looking and talking about a 1969 Corvette with a L88 427. He said it retailed for about $6,000 in '69. He said in todays money that would be about $45,000. WTF!

They were in that range for sure. I think Camaros at the time were in the 3-4k range.
Biggest difference is in longevity. Not only does it have air, cruise, 8 speaker sound, etc, etc, etc standard, the brakes last over 100 K, oil changes at 10K, four to five times better fuel economy AND power, but the whole car also last 200 to 300 K miles.

How many mufflers, alone, did those ‘70’s cars go through in 100K miles?
Eighty thousand Bucks, for a pickup!!
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Eighty thousand Bucks, for a pickup!!
If a guy thinks he needs a bunch of options.
I can’t believe all this bitching about the price of a new truck. It doesn’t matter what they cost in 1969 and what they cost in 2023, you aren’t seeing any unsold new trucks.

Someone is buying them!
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I can’t believe all this bitching about the price of a new truck. It doesn’t matter what they cost in 1969 and what they cost in 2023, you aren’t seeing any unsold new trucks.

Someone is buying them!

In Certain markets they are selling right away. I see tons of Chevy,Ram sitting on the lot. Fords are impossible to find and sell immediately for some reason.

In Fact GMC is offering 0.9 financing on new trucks.
I hear these things every day, usually from some jackass who can't get certain things in their line of work either.

The supply chain is broken, never to be repaired upon the expectations of the consumer. Heed my words.

The consumer needs to buy what's for sale, not what they want.

[bleep] shut down a production state for a year. Many more got sent home to work from there, never to return to an office or shop. Companies were paid to keep employees at home. It was done intentionally if one has two brain cells to rub together.

This
© 24hourcampfire