Home
https://autos.yahoo.com/biden-administration-kills-repair-150033978.html

Where does all this end taking our rights under saftey.

I was raised working on cars could not afford to take them to a shop. Now days yes i can afford to go but just fix it myself if at all possible. Like to know what is going on with my car or truck.

Wife took VW Jetta a few years ago in for a oil change at a quicky Lube came back leaking oil and the plastic skid plate you have to take off to get to oil drain plug all the boldts were missing and the idiot replaced with zip ties.

Needless to say i went right back down there at first they said oh no not us we do not do that.

Truly sickning

WAKEUP people vote these idiots out of office.
CONTROL .
FJB
Keep driving your older vehicles.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
CONTROL .
Yep.
See, you don't deserve a vehicle peon. Get back in line and take what we give you.
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Keep driving your older vehicles.

I am. FJB!!!
Without clicking on that link to the whole article, I can say that is a horribly written piece.

The premise though, that of requiring an "authorized" repair for safety reasons should be shot down as soon as possible.

And yeah, I'll keep driving the older vehicles for awhile longer.
Pretty soon it won’t even be “your” car. For some reason .gov eventually wants to do away with private vehicle ownership.
More control?
Fugk jo Biden
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Pretty soon it won’t even be “your” car. For some reason .gov eventually wants to do away with private vehicle ownership.
More control?

They are playing the long game. This is exactly where they want to go. Population concentrated in cities with public transportation and services they consider necessary within 15 minutes. You will own nothing and be happy!
Originally Posted by 45_100
More control?

They are playing the long game. This is exactly where they want to go. Population concentrated in cities with public transportation and services they consider necessary within 15 minutes. You will own nothing and be happy!

Well, you’re probably half right…..
Fuqk them!... much more of this and i'll take my 55 Chevy and move to Cuba...
Even yahoo made it sound like a very stupid idea, and they are commies.
Would gov pay? Even then I'd have no trust.
Just when you thought this runaway train had reached its top speed...
Originally Posted by Pappy348
More control?

Yea
Bruinruin

(Just when you thought this runaway train had reached its top speed...)

So freaking true i can not belive how sick this is getting. They do not want me working on my own car wth.

My buddy is a Mecanic and said Tesla has done this already can not read there codes or anything else just a Tesla dealer can fix them crazy.

Ok I can see me taking my 65 Fastback Mustang to a dealer: Sir this car was equiped with a 289 motor someone has replaced your motor with a 351 windsor we must order you a 289 the dealesrship is not allowed to work with aftermarket parts.

Sir this front end is not stock either we may have total this car.
Not sure specifically what is meant by "wireless access". You can plug into an OBDII port currently and access the data through a cable with various code scanners and diagnostic tools, but there are also wireless adapters to the OBDII port which will allow wireless acess currently. This article may be much ado over nothing. One certainly doesn't need the car to transmit wirelessly to work on your own vehicle or to access that data wirelessly. So it begs the question. What specifically is in the legislation mentioned? It's a piss poor article as written.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
The premise though, that of requiring an "authorized" repair for safety reasons should be shot down as soon as possible.

Courts might strike it down as exceeding their authority; Congress could fix it but they're too busy to worry about it, with eliminating the debt ceiling & other important matters.

MM
Originally Posted by Pappy348
More control?

If asked, you will answer that you are happy.
That's how communism works.

Or you will suffer until you are happy.
Originally Posted by Fastback65
https://autos.yahoo.com/biden-administration-kills-repair-150033978.html

Where does all this end taking our rights under saftey.

I was raised working on cars could not afford to take them to a shop. Now days yes i can afford to go but just fix it myself if at all possible. Like to know what is going on with my car or truck.

Wife took VW Jetta a few years ago in for a oil change at a quicky Lube came back leaking oil and the plastic skid plate you have to take off to get to oil drain plug all the boldts were missing and the idiot replaced with zip ties.

Needless to say i went right back down there at first they said oh no not us we do not do that.

Truly sickning

WAKEUP people vote these idiots out of office.
VOTE LOL
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Not sure specifically what is meant by "wireless access". You can plug into an OBDII port currently and access the data through a cable with various code scanners and diagnostic tools, but there are also wireless adapters to the OBDII port which will allow wireless acess currently. This article may be much ado over nothing. One certainly doesn't need the car to transmit wirelessly to work on your own vehicle or to access that data wirelessly. So it begs the question. What specifically is in the legislation mentioned? It's a piss poor article as written.

A while back I started a thread about todays vehicles won't be collectors items like cars/trucks of the past. Because there are too many expensive parts, all of the relays/computers/sensors/etc.etc. won't be produced.
When I did more reading on the topic I read how the Gov't. is on a somewhat silent mission to stop the public from modifying cars, especially high performance products.
The gov't creates more & more laws that these manufacturing facilities have to abide by, they're coming at them from every direction,, no end in sight.

Supposedly some Insurance companies now check vehicles for aftermarket 'power adder' components such as NOS/Turbos/SuperChargers.

My Insurance company Farm Bureau won't insure my Yamaha R-1 1000cc sportbike and I haven't had a ticket in 20 years.

As stated they're playing the long game, we Boomers will skate on by but Gen.X/Millennial/Gen.Z are screwed and I'm glad because they're nothing but scumbagz anyway.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by ol_mike
CONTROL .
Yep.

Fact.
Originally Posted by Raeford
FJB
IN SPADES!!
Well, has anything gotten cheaper since Bribem took office?
Other than CCP payouts, I mean.
I despised Zero while he was in there. I need a stronger word for the pervert in Chief.
But, like I said in countless other threads, we still have the tools needed to fight back against tyranny.
all that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing
you get the government you deserve
mad
A nation of cowards or a nation of morons. Take your pick.
7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Well, has anything gotten cheaper since Bribem took office?
Other than CCP payouts, I mean.
I despised Zero while he was in there. I need a stronger word for the pervert in Chief.
But, like I said in countless other threads, we still have the tools needed to fight back against tyranny.
all that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing
you get the government you deserve
mad
A nation of cowards or a nation of morons. Take your pick.
7mm
I got a word for zero
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Courts might strike it down as exceeding their authority; Congress could fix it but they're too busy to worry about it, with eliminating the debt ceiling & other important matters.

MM

Kinda related, I think...wasn't there a RECENT court decision that denied Deere & Co.'s assertion that you have no right to repair your tractor yourself? I don't recall the details---all the ins and outs, but it seems like pretty much the same thing to me.
I got several for him, Moochelle, and the sleaze who currently stumbles around the Oval Office. Communist is the only one I use in polite company, but you can figure out the rest! eek
There was a time I was hesitant to post my thoughts, but I’m sure I’m on multiple watch list because I’m a veteran, a Christian, and a gun owner.
The line in the sand, or “the hill to die on” is stolen elections.
If you let them get away with that, it’s game over.
7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
The line in the sand, or “the hill to die on” is stolen elections.
If you let them get away with that, it’s game over.
7mm

I'm not sure that we are not already past that line...................I don't see any kind of wide spread organized effort of any kind to accomplish stopping the fraud, nor really any (known) specific state or local activity that will be effective.

I don't think that enough people take it seriously enough or maybe just not enough that really care anymore.

MM
© 24hourcampfire