Home
A Genetic Paradox: Inbreeding Can Be Beneficial in the Long Run

https://scitechdaily.com/a-genetic-paradox-inbreeding-can-be-beneficial-in-the-long-run/
They line breed animals all the time. I think that’s different than in breeding tho.
[The Ptolemys have entered the chat]

[The Hapsburgs have entered the chat.]
If that were the case Saudi Arabia would lead the world in scientific discoveries and athletic superiority...

....but reality is a bitch, then you die.
Less than 200 years ago there were 541 bison alive in the world, with about 300 in the US. They seem to be doing okay today.
Originally Posted by Steve
[The Ptolemys have entered the chat]

[The Hapsburgs have entered the chat.]

Stxhunter joined the chat!
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Less than 200 years ago there were 541 bison alive in the world, with about 300 in the US. They seem to be doing okay today.
Mrs. Charles Goodnight had a big hand in preserving the plains buffalo.
Originally Posted by Morewood

I passed through Goodnight Texas last week.
The end result looks just like AlwaysINdoors. 😂
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
They line breed animals all the time. I think that’s different than in breeding tho.

It’s line breeding if it works, inbreeding if it doesn’t.

Inbreeding (and line breeding) removes genetic variation. Without genetic variation you can’t make improvements in performance through breeding selection.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Yep. Had their cowboys catch what few calf’s were left in Palo Duro Canyon.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
The end result looks just like AlwaysINdoors. 😂
Damn. Talk about rent free you bow legged, queer.

The dog guys say “If it works, it’s line breeding. If it doesn’t, it’s inbreeding.”

I had a litter of foxhounds once from deliberately breeding a bitch back to her sire. They turned out pretty well.
How many generations of mares did Justin Morgan breed back to his old stud Figure in the 32 years the horse lived?
Originally Posted by Dutch

It’s line breeding if it works, inbreeding if it doesn’t.

Inbreeding (and line breeding) removes genetic variation. Without genetic variation you can’t make improvements in performance through breeding selection.
That.

Good breeders line breed for consistency but occasionally outcross to improve the line and increase genetic diversity.
© 24hourcampfire