Home
Posted By: SandBilly Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
I know Slum does. Any rebel canners?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
I pressure can fish and meat.

Water bath fruit.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
I have two like that one and one a little smaller. All American. They don't get any better.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Which size is that?
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Which size is that?

30qt.
Posted By: Stan V Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
Yep, All American also.
Posted By: Steve Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
Yep. All American as well.
Prestos here but All American is the waybto go. Bought my sister one of the middle sized units. I'm probably going to get an large one to replace the two ancient Presto units we have.
Posted By: deflave Re: Any canners out there. - 10/26/23
Yes I have done a lot of canning.
Been trying to study up, I’ve done very little before this. Anyone ever re-use flats or/and use commercial jars, like new style factory jars?
I’ll be at about 8k feet elevation most of the time,
Been trying to study up, I’ve done very little before this. Anyone ever re-use flats or/and use commercial jars, like new style factory jars?

Jars and rings yes, lids no. Ball brand only IMO

Which size is that?

30qt.

Awesome. I'm still using a crappy Miro. I'll get an All American one day. Probably make the drive and buy it from their storefront.

Been talking to a couple people that have reused lids 3-5 times no issues.

People do it, it's just not my preference. It's probably fine to do, but lids are cheap enough. Plus, I'm only canning for four people, not a huge expenditure on lids.
Posted By: Steve Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I will use the 'Mason' jars that tomato sauce comes in. But for the most part I use Ball or Kerr jars. I don't reuse the lids.

Canned smoked Salmon is the bomb, BTW.

I also can seasoned black beans. Wife will add them to chili.

Canned Carnita's are also good for a quick meal.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23

People do it, it's just not my preference. It's probably fine to do, but lids are cheap enough. Plus, I'm only canning for four people, not a huge expenditure on lids.

My tinfoil hat says we may not have what we need at some point. Just checking..
Originally Posted by Steve
I will use the 'Mason' jars that tomato sauce comes in. But for the most part I use Ball or Kerr jars. I don't reuse the lids.

Canned smoked Salmon is the bomb, BTW.

I also can seasoned black beans. Wife will add them to chili.

Canned Carnita's are also good for a quick meal.

Where do you get the Kerr jars? I only see Ball out here, but then again I get mine from Walmart.
Think I got them at yard sales. Pretty sure Ball bought Kerr a while back.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Just water bath so far.

Have to prestos.....but have been waiting to use them.

Might can a deer if the kids get one.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Yes, smoked salmon, smoked sucker, chicken, venison, pork, ham, stew, bean soup, pea soup, hash, goose, coney sauce, boiled dinner, beef, just to name a few.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just water bath so far.

Studied a bit of meat canning. Brown HB, add liquid, cubes, no liquid needed. Pressure canned. That’s a rough look and I’d definitely double check it before I did it. For me
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
My Wife cans.
Just water bath so far.

Studied a bit of meat canning. Brown HB, add liquid, cubes, no liquid needed. Pressure canned. That’s a rough look and I’d definitely double check it before I did it. For me

You don't have to brown the meat if you are running short on time. But it definitely tastes better. I do pints of stuff different ways before I settle on how I want to be consistent.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Yes, smoked salmon, smoked sucker, chicken, venison, pork, ham, stew, bean soup, pea soup, hash, goose, coney sauce, boiled dinner, beef, just to name a few.

Can you share the coney sauce recipe?
Just water bath so far.

You don't have to brown the meat if you are running short on time. But it definitely tastes better. I do pints of stuff different ways before I settle on how I want to be consistent.

I just read that un-browned ground meat ends up like meatloaf if you don’t.
50+ years- - - -haven't poisoned myself or anybody else yet. Chili, beef stew, vegetables like green beans and tomatoes, sphaghetti sauce, etc. Two pressure canners, both at least 60 years old and still going strong, both National brand. I use a Propane burner for a turkey fryer as a heat source.
Just water bath so far.

I just read that unhrowned ground meat ends up like meatloaf if you don’t.

Yeah. Still edible though.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Just water bath so far.

You don't need anything but salt.

Some folks add bullion, garlic, seasonings.....
We used to can a pike of beef, and deer.
Not for silly little games or to do it, but because we preserved it.
Kept it simple, so that we had choices in how it was used.
If you are certain you want it for...say Chilli, you could add some garlic, cumin, chillis....
That said, next go round, I'm going to buy a pork butt roast and chunk it, add seasonings and can a couple quarts to try canned carnita meet.
The plan is to be able to open a jar and brown it, easy carnitas.

A beautiful aspect of canning deer meat is you don't have to obsess over removing fat and silverskin. The fat renders and rises to the top of the jar. Skim it when opening. Small amounts of silverskin or tendon cook tender and disappear, just like they do in pulled pork.
We still trim, just not as obsessively.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Just water bath so far.

If you are certain you want it for...say Chilli, you could add some garlic, cumin, chillis....
That said, next go round, I'm going to buy a pork butt roast and chunk it, add seasonings and can a couple quarts to try canned carnita meet.

A beautiful aspect of canning deer meat is you don't have to obsess over removing fat and silverskin. The fat renders and rises to the top of the jar. Skim it when opening. Small amounts of silverskin or tendon cook tender and disappear, just like they do in pulled pork.
We still trim, just not as obsessively.

Salt is necessary?
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Have done lots of canning for yrs. Water bath some stuff, hot pack only some stuff, and pressure can some stuff, all depends what it is. Just hot packed applesauce this past weekend and pressure canned some carrots.
SandBilly, if you're on FB there are quite a few rebel canning pages and to be honest, most of those regulars on those pages know their s hit.

I'd help ya out with finding them but I stomached FB about as long as I could.

Meat is better if you brown it. I can it dry packed, it makes enough liquid on it own. 90 minutes run time, 10lbs pressure, 2400 asl.

Mom taught me to never re-use lids. Some do, i've never dared to even try.
Originally Posted by Feral_American
SandBilly, if you're on FB there are quite a few rebel canning pages and to be honest, most of those regulars on those pages know their s hit.

I'd help ya out with finding them but I stomached FB about as long as I could.

Meat is better if you brown it. I can it dry packed, it makes enough liquid on it own. 90 minutes run time, 10lbs pressure, 2400 asl.

Mom taught me to never re-use lids. Some do, i've never dared to even try.

Thanks FA. Thinking I’ll be running at 14-15psi at high elevation. FB isn’t my thing often
What is the seal made of on a lid? Can it be recreated if needed? Maybe a food grade glue?
What is the seal made of on a lid? Can it be recreated if needed? Maybe a food grade glue?

Some form of silicone is my best guess. I doubt you'll get a lid manufacturer to fess up the exact recipe.

Look into Tattler brand reusable lids if you want something to reuse many times.
Posted By: 673 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Nice canner, I bought a dual burner stove for outdoor canning, saves alot of cleanup and the house doesn't get all stunk up if your doing fish, also if it blows the fugg up its outside. laugh
Posted By: Jericho Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I would give a large sack of money to be a little kid again, and helping my Grandma can venison in her kitchen............
Sand Billy,
We always have, the Ball Canners Guide includes it.
Meat is about zero acid, and salt is a preservative, I would be very
hesitant to not use it.
Regular canning salt, i think 1 1/2 teaspoon/qt.

I'm not one who likes things salty, and I don't notice it in the meat.
Far as re-using commercial jars of some sort........my one sister worked with a girl that drank Snapple on a regular basis. Got her to save the bottles for me. They have that half turn pop top on them, works awesome for things like tomato juice, grape juice, etc. Never had one not reseal even after being used multiple times. A yr or 2 back Snapple went to a plastic bottle so no more stocking up on those, but I'd imagine there's other stuff out there similar.
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Far as re-using commercial jars of some sort........my one sister worked with a girl that drank Snapple on a regular basis. Got her to save the bottles for me. They have that half turn pop top on them, works awesome for things like tomato juice, grape juice, etc. Never had one not reseal even after being used multiple times. A yr or 2 back Snapple went to a plastic bottle so no more stocking up on those, but I'd imagine there's other stuff out there similar.

👍
Sand Billy,
hesitant to not use it.

Just asking because what I’ve read it’s not needed. Each their own tho.,
Originally Posted by 673
Nice canner, I bought a dual burner stove for outdoor canning, saves alot of cleanup and the house doesn't get all stunk up if your doing fish, also if it blows the fugg up its outside. laugh

I’ll be outside
Originally Posted by deflave
Yes I have done a lot of canning.
Cocks don’t count
Posted By: rayporter Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
[quote=Jim_Conrad]Just water bath so far.

We still trim, just not as obsessively.[/quo

neck and shoulders need little trimming before stuffing in the jar, raw. we can on fish cookers in the basement or outside.
Just had to go look, but my cooker is a 16 qt Presto, I canned over 50 qts of tomato juice and just did 21 qts of green beans last week. Had enough beans to do another 21 but gave them away to family. We can at least 21 qts of deer every fall.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I read one time about picking up lids throughout the year. I picked up quite a bit when the Covid shoryage and price increased.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I don’t do any meat. Just never have.

Rather toss deer in a ditch unless I’m making jerky. Cfrancis can have my stinky ditch bastards, he can carve the acorn tallow outta the ribs and feed Tiny Tim.

Anyway, my Mirro 21qt, sometimes I use it, sometimes I water bath in two jumbo kettles.
Mostly every do green beans, tomatoes. Any corn we do is cut off the cob, cooked and bagged into quarts in frozen. I have 7 deep freezers so I can do that.

I see a lot of shît onlibe people don’t do this, never do that, etc. i’ve done stuff canning related for 25 years and never got sick. I also ain’t burned out my nostrils with 50 fuggin years of smoking. I can tell if something is rancid, *bad* or foul when a jar is opened. And thank God I can, women have that lobe in their brain that enables them to change shîtty diapers and ignore Prestone pissing outta their radiators.
Everyone in the house brings me the milk…”here smell this”

No way I would drink fresh milk right off the ass tits from some knee deep mennonite shîthole dairy lot
Originally Posted by rayporter
we can on fish cookers in the basement or outside.

When pressure canning, that's what I do. Use a propane turkey/fish fryer setup. Canning instructions of any kind will tell you NEVER use one of those with a pressure canner, but that's for idiots who don't know how to regulate heat or pressure or run it too high and walk away from it.

I like it for those very reasons. Cuts way down on time. I can crank it up initially to get it up to where it's starting to vent steam, back it off and let it get the air out for 10 minutes or so, put my weight on and crank it up again until just under correct pressure, then back it off to where it holds at that pressure and let it just steady do it's thing from there.

A cook top stove takes forever just to get it to where you've gone through the initial steps and are starting cook time.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Deer and elk meat as well as tuna and salmon. I water bath the bread and butter jalapeños.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Originally Posted by slumlord

Rather toss deer in a ditch unless I’m making jerky. Cfrancis can have my stinky ditch bastards, he can carve the acorn tallow outta the ribs and feed Tiny Tim.

Anyway, my Mirro 21qt, sometimes I use it, sometimes I water bath in two jumbo kettles.
Mostly every do green beans, tomatoes. Any corn we do is cut off the cob, cooked and bagged into quarts in frozen. I have 7 deep freezers so I can do that.

I see a lot of shît onlibe people don’t do this, never do that, etc. i’ve done stuff canning related for 25 years and never got sick. I also ain’t burned out my nostrils with 50 fuggin years of smoking. I can tell if something is rancid, *bad* or foul when a jar is opened. And thank God I can, women have that lobe in their brain that enables them to change shîtty diapers and ignore Prestone pissing outta their radiators.

No way I would drink fresh milk right off the ass tits from some knee deep mennonite shîthole dairy lot

Gold
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Sand Billy;
Good evening from the somewhat chilly north land, I hope the day behaved for you all and you're all warm and dry.

We used to can deer meat when we managed to kill more of them and always did them in a pressure cooker following the suggestions for our elevation.

Since we always used salt, I can't truly guess on what it'd taste like without it, but recall that artist Charles M Russell spent a winter with the Blackfoot tribe up here and afterward noted that he got used to no sugar in a couple weeks, but had dreams about salt. grin

Salt up here is comparatively inexpensive and when stored in say a gallon jar will last indefinitely or so it would appear. We got pickling salt from the local bulk barn, the theory being some recipes call for it and its easy enough to grind finer if need be.

Always run a rack on the bottom of the canning pot as if the glass contacts the bottom, some of them will shatter. This I know for sure and certain.

Lids are reasonably inexpensive and fairly available. It'd be a decent item to stock up on I'd think.

If they're not bent, contaminated or compromised they'll work a second time - sometimes - but since we're hoping to preserve sustenance, it seems to me there's better places to save money than on sealing lids.

We can't can on our solid glass electric stove top, so use a propane camp stove. It gives nice even, controllable heat.

We've talked about attempting to can on a wood stove sometime for the sake of science, but it'd be a little tricky maintaining even heat perhaps. One would want to have worked out in advance how much wood, what size of chunks and how to gauge what the stove top temp was I'd think.

An infrared temp sensor might be the proverbial bee's knees there, but then we'd need spare batteries for it too - more junk to stock up on.

At our house currently, we have a fairly abundant supply of jars, lids, rings, salt, vinegar, pepper corns and red pepper flakes.

Hope that all makes sense and was useful to you or someone else out there trying to keep food from spoiling.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne, my only thoughts were if lids weren’t available at all. Sometimes you have to do what you have to to do.
You goan git botox in yo nummick

on the inside

Slumlord was buying lids when yall was taking bitches out to eat at Red Lobster and fixing up your lowered S-10s with Enkei sawblades.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Gold
Yeah. Hunter S. Thompsonesque.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
We used to do quite a bit of bottling. Late wife loved to garden so we had the produce to do it. After she passed, we moved and I remarried. We’re on the foothills of the Oquirrh Mountains now and the deer and rest of the critters decimate any garden so we haven’t done any in 8 years. Still have both the water bath and pressure canner and a bunch of bottles tho. We have a small garden and grow a few tomatoes on the deck that the deer can’t get at but those get eaten as they’re picked.

Parents used to bottle deer when I was a kid. I’ve never been a big fan so any of that gets turned into jerky these days.
Thanks Dwayne, my only thoughts were if lids weren’t available at all. Sometimes you have to do what you have to to do.

Lids are like primers.

Buy 'em up. Have a lifetime enough. Keep 'em stashed.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Just water bath so far.

I just read that un-browned ground meat ends up like meatloaf if you don’t.

That is much too kind... you would have to be an idiot to not brown before canning.

You know, like Flave...
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
We got one of those American canners. Used it for 5-6 years, and it got where it was leaking. I checked to contact surfaces and the pot warped. If you do some searches on them it's not uncommon. Some people have lapped the surfaces with valve grinding compound to get the contact back.

We pulled out the old Presto, new gasket, and good for another 20 years.

On lids, Tatler lids are reusable, they work fine.
Dwayne,
If you have a pressure canner that relies on the jiggler to maintain pressure, a wood stove would be pretty easy. Pressure is automatically regulated, pressure regulates internal temp.
You could pretty easy keep the fire to one side and slide the canner
to its happy spot.

Wayne Shaw,
Did you use it on a turkey fryer?
On blast off heat to get rolling?
I've warped pots on ours, and not from low liquid.
Simply from blasting them with over 100k BTUs.
Sorry to hear of you losing a nice high end pot,
glad to learn of it though.

Been thinking of buying one, was worried about the durability
of a precision aluminum surface providing pressure sealing.
Posted By: oldcuss Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
We used to can, but then discovered the FREEZER!
Until yo legtromogricity go off neeguh
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Dwayne,
If you have a pressure canner that relies on the jiggler to maintain pressure, a wood stove would be pretty easy. Pressure is automatically regulated, pressure regulates internal temp.
to its happy spot.

Wayne Shaw,
Did you use it on a turkey fryer?
On blast off heat to get rolling?
I've warped pots on ours, and not from low liquid.
Simply from blasting them with over 100k BTUs.
Sorry to hear of you losing a nice high end pot,
glad to learn of it though.

Been thinking of buying one, was worried about the durability
of a precision aluminum surface providing pressure sealing.

DB, just the kitchen stove. It aint nothing fancy, typical 30" home stove. I haven't tried to lap it back together, but now that the canning is over I probably will when the snow is flying.
Posted By: EdM Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I do not nor do I freeze much. Just head to the store when I want something. All game goes to my youngest son which he processes, vacuum seals and freezes.
Posted By: Oldguy03 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I have one slightly smaller and one similar to that one. It's all American all the way.
Originally Posted by EdM
I do not nor do I freeze much. Just head to the store when I want something. All game goes to my youngest son which he processes, vacuum seals and freezes.
I went to co-workers house over our lunch break. He wanted me to look at his roof.

I opened his fridge and all he had in there was some Molson ice, a half jar of mustard and a few ketchup packets from McDonalds

I asked him if he has considered thinking about the End Times. Said “nope, we got a Mexican food truck that stays parked couple miles up the road in the movie theater parking lot”

🤣

Meanwhile slumlord is canning his 317th jar of green beans while his fambly watches The Crown on Netflix. 🚨😱🙏🏼🔥❤️💒🚂🤙
I have 27 ketchup packets and 3 straws…
On our canning shelves that we have canned, we have spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, tomato juice, peaches, applesauce, green beans, pickles of all types, red beets, sauerkraut, grape juice, chicken, beef, potatoes, carrots, relish, hot peppers, and jelly's.

Probably do some more potatoes yet and some roasted peppers and call it a yr.

Not all that is every yr........things like pickles, beets, relish, go a long ways and can go every 2 or even 3 yrs depending how much was done initially.
Will the potatoes fry up or are they too soft?
Posted By: Aviator Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
I grow and can tomatoes every summer, it’s a family tradition for me taught by my grandparents.
Will the potatoes fry up or are they too soft?

Fry up like traditional sliced fried potatoes? No not likely. Browned in butter in a skillet to whatever degree you like potatoes browned, yes. We can them cut up into 1" or so cubes. Can brown them up in butter or just warm them up and eat them with butter and salt/pepper like you would a baked potato. Very good either way.

Carrots are very good canned also. Can put butter on them, butter and brown sugar, or just throw them in with a roast or something similar right towards the end of cook time, same with canned potatoes and roasts. Can't beat any of it really. Nothing like plenty of your own food that is really good.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Some form of silicone is my best guess. I doubt you'll get a lid manufacturer to fess up the exact recipe.

Look into Tattler brand reusable lids if you want something to reuse many times.

Yep the Tattler lids can be reused and you can get new rubber seals for them. There is a learning curve to get them to work right and my wife and I practiced a bunch just canning water until we got them to seal correctly.

We used a bunch of them early on during the bat flu outbreak when the regular lids were unobtainium.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Any canners out there. - 10/27/23
Dwayne,
to its happy spot.

Dillonbuck;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope it's sunny down your way, that its at least a tad warmer and that the Friday is behaving for you all.

Thanks so much for that bit of info sir, it makes perfect sense. cool

Sometimes and may I note with some sadness for sure more and more often, I amaze myself at what seems to escape my grasp anymore. Again what you've said makes perfect sense so all we have to do is keep that rattler rattling.

All the best, thanks again and good hunting.

Dwayne
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Dwayne,
to its happy spot.

Dillonbuck;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope it's sunny down your way, that its at least a tad warmer and that the Friday is behaving for you all.

Sometimes and may I note with some sadness for sure more and more often, I amaze myself at what seems to escape my grasp anymore. Again what you've said makes perfect sense so all we have to do is keep that rattler rattling.

Dwayne

Might be careful with that. The directions with this canner say you want the weight to jiggle/release pressure 4 times per minute. If it’s more often reduce heat.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
SandBilly;
Good almost evening to you sir, I hope the day went well for you.

Thanks for the thought on that, I appreciate it for sure.

For sure we've turned down the heat on the pressure canner so it is acting correctly.

Somehow though it had escaped me as to how I'd manage the firewood to do that, which admittedly is illogical when I look at it critically.

If nothing else it confirms that I'm still a fairly flawed human and still have some work to do. blush

Thanks for the thread again, for me it's always fun learning something which interests me and at the same time is a useful life skill.

As a wee bit of an aside, we've found that gifts of our pickles, salsa, canned venison and tomato sauce have been very well received.

Dwayne
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Dwayne,
to its happy spot.

Dillonbuck;

Dwayne

Might be careful with that. The directions with this canner say you want the weight to jiggle/release pressure 4 times per minute. If it’s more often reduce heat.

Not a one size fits all. You follow the directions on individual canners for how they're designed to work, if they're different than another you still follow them. The canner weights on my canner at ideal pressure are supposed to be a steady rocking motion back and forth. Not fast, just steady.
Posted By: Sako Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
All American canners... the best made. I love mine
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
Yes
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
Back in 73 or 74 I bought my wife her own pressure canner for Christmas. Up until that time she had to borrow her mom's or my mom's pressure canner. We always did water bath but relied on our mom's for pressure vessels. We use that presto 16 quart every year up to now, in fact we used it last week. Change the casket out every few years. I finely changed the gauge out this year after 49 years. After my mom passed away a few years ago we inherited her Mirro canner and my great grandmother's National canner.

Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any canners out there. - 10/28/23
Sand Billy,
hesitant to not use it.

Just asking because what I’ve read it’s not needed. Each their own tho.,

Salt is not a preservative in canning. It is not really a preservative at all. It dries the product and makes it tough for bugs to get started. In jars liquid has no where to go.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Any canners out there. - 10/29/23
Gotcha. Thx
Posted By: slumlord Re: Any canners out there. - 10/29/23
lol

It says petcock
Posted By: longarm Re: Any canners out there. - 10/29/23
I'm late to this thread, but some may find this page interesting:

https://www.wikihow.com/Date-Old-Ball-Mason-Jars

I have a box or two of 'unusual' quart jars that I use every year. Discovered that many of them are over 100 years old!
Some of the rare, blue-glass Balls can be worth a lot of scratch to collectors
There's an old thread in the deer subforum on canning meat.

I've canned lots of fruit and veggies and a wide variety of meats. We usually run two canners at a time, for pressure canning it's dual prestos on a propane Cabela's camp stove with diffuser plates. Most in a day was 88 jars of elk canned in a single pressure canner. It was after that day I decided to get a second canner for efficiency.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Any canners out there. - 10/30/23
Yes
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Any canners out there. - 10/30/23
^^^Those really look good. My tomatoes didn’t do squat this year. Seems like the hellfire summer we had here started in April and broke in September. From seeds, from small potted plants, etc. They never got any traction. Now my jalapeños and Serranos did quite well. Will can pickled peppers for Christmas presents among my Brothers/BIL.
© 24hourcampfire