Home
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/1...s-drown-in-furious-mating-season-battle/

"Two huge bull moose in rural Teton County suffered a rare and terrible fate recently when they fought each other to exhaustion and, with their antlers locked together, fell over and drowned in a creek.

“If one falls over, then the other one is probably going to fall over, and there you have it,” Mark Gocke, the Wyoming Game and Fish Department spokesman for the Jackson and Pinedale regions, told Cowboy State Daily.

The carcasses of the bulls were discovered earlier this month in Fish Creek on private property near Wilson and reported to Game and Fish."
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wow, what a downer that must have been
The picture makes them look small, but the hole has to be what, 3ft deep?
Damn. That sucks.
Well that will screw up a good stretch of trout run.

Osky
Can't be any worse than rotting salmon .

Heck, I would probably be on the losing end of an argument with a warden about keeping the antlers. grin
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Can't be any worse than rotting salmon .

Heck, I would probably be on the losing end of an argument with a warden about keeping the antlers. grin
You can salvage parts of game animals found dead. You just have to fill out a report that can be downloaded from the IDFG website.
Damn shame. A couple of beautiful bulls and a lot of great eating laying dead in that stream.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Damn. That sucks.
My thoughts exactly.
Thousands of dollars in WYO preference points laying there. Shame that 2 magnificent animals have to die that way but it is Natures way.
The late Wyoming rancher and outfitter Wyn Condict found a bleached out set of Alaskan Moose skulls during his Alaskan guiding and hunting days.
Both were about 70" wide.
Widley though to be the largest locked set of Moose antlers ever found.
Both were Boone and Crockett bulls.
His son Mark has them now who is a legend in his own right.
They were so freaking heavy.
I saw them in Mark's barn back when he lived in Crowheart Wyoming.
All over a little pussy........
© 24hourcampfire