Home
Read this and ask your congresscritter why this hasn't been stopped:

https://www.tampafp.com/biden-faa-pushing-diversity-hiring-as-air-traffic/

President Joe Biden’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is striving to enlist a diverse workforce through targeting certain demographics even as its air traffic control system is facing shortages and safety challenges.

Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg has established a goal of hiring employees with severe disabilities at a rate of 3% per fiscal year, according to the FAA’s People with Disabilities Program website. These disabilities include total deafness, blindness, missing limbs, paralysis, epilepsy and dwarfism.
Yes, but I actually took AP statistics
Originally Posted by goalie

You do remember how those weak, unqualified army women got their Ranger tabs, right???
I feel a lot safer if someone else is flying. I do not know how to fly.
A blind air traffic controller? I don't "see" a problem crazy
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
A blind air traffic controller? I don't "see" a problem crazy

Radar screen in braille???
I don't want an affirmative action heart surgeon or airline pilot, thank you very much.
The last commercial flight was on the one that brought me home in 1971. I think Viet Nam did it for me. I get left home when ever my wife wants to go places.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't want an affirmative action heart surgeon or airline pilot, thank you very much.

Is a reality. Women and minorities get hired with much lower flight hours and experience. There's plenty of people who shouldn't be flying that are. Multiple checkride failures and still getting hired. The high cost to entry with very low entry wages years ago, the airlines did this to themselves. Now with record retirements they're taking everyone, even those who shouldn't be there.
Safest form of domestic travel.
Grandma has to take her shoes off and get scanned in the airport meanwhile terrorists walk across the border by the thousands and get a free bus ticket.

Make sense of that.
My son and his wife are pilots, he has been in martial arts his whole life, he is a double black belt and at 6’4” , strong and fast, she was a fighter pilot, she is very capable in taking care of her family and her passengers, you couldn’t find two more brave and experienced Americans to fly your planes. But I completely understand the dumbing down of America by weak politicians, they are all weak.
I feel safe, but there is nothing fun about flying these days. I hate it. After you go through security you no longer have any rights. Airline employees own you. I'm not a big man(5'-9"@160lbs) but the seats in economy class are stupidly small. I don't know how a big guy copes. This is why I fly 1st class when I can. If traveling less than 1000 miles or so I drive.
If they get them down to 3% I'd feel much safer.

LOL

Commercial air travel is a fugking joke.
If the good lord calls you home you’ll at least have some company
For me lack of air travel isn’t about safety but about being tested like live stock.

Road trippin fer me; safety be damned.
Originally Posted by efw
For me lack of air travel isn’t about safety but about being tested like live stock.

Road trippin fer me; safety be damned.

The quality of service, and comfort, on flights has degraded to the point that they are more comparable to a bus trip back in the 70's.
Safe, yes. Annoyed, angry, ripped off, uncomfortable, treated like subhuman, need a shower after flying them, yes.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by goalie

You do remember how those weak, unqualified army women got their Ranger tabs, right???

Whut??? I've been watching a lot of podcasts on YouTube, one of which I specifically like is the Shawn Ryan Show. He's had several Rangers, Delta guys and Seals on his show. Many of them often speak about the training. I don't see any way a woman could have made it through Ranger school. Sorry.
I haven’t flown commercial since about 2000. I know who’s up front. 😳😁
Bidumb’s FAA is doing bad things with this. People will die as a result.

They tried this in the ‘80s and it was a train wreck.
I flew about 100 flights last year. I feel pretty safe.
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Safe, yes. Annoyed, angry, ripped off, uncomfortable, treated like subhuman, need a shower after flying them, yes.

That, and the frequency with which they manage to lose luggage. My wife and I took a trip a few years back, and when we arrived in Seattle our luggage was in Atlanta. When it finally caught up with us we checked out the contents. The person who inspected my wife's luggage must have been eating while they worked. Her clothes were covered with food crumbs.
Zero worries here. We just returned from a trip to Italy. All went just fine.
I'd much rather be in my Super Cub than a commercial airplane, but flying commercial has sucked the last 20 years or so. I remember flying Pan Am and TWA in the 70s and 80s when flying commercial was fun.
At least all the pilots, mechanics, and ground crew weren't forced to take an unproven vaccine that later was found to cause heart damage....oh..uhh?
I never flew before
Well, we're all going to end up in the ground eventually and usually without notice. Is one way any better than another? Your chance of dieing in a airplane crash is much smaller than just about any other event so I don't sweat the danger part. What I do concern myself with is how poorly the airlines treat us at times- that really pisses me off...
'Stylish'
I worry less about the pilots...

And more about 300 fat unwashed fuggs over-stressing the air-frame.
US Commercial flight carriers are currently conducting about 5,670 passenger flights daily. Roughly 100,000 flights take off and land every day all over the globe. Many months pass between airline crashes, none at all in some years.
I felt safer on military aircraft. The military didn't seat you in the propeller arc.
I feel fine with US based carriers. Not sure I’d put my kids on Egypt Air or Aeroflot.
No, I don't like being treated as cattle and I feel naked without so much as my pocket knife on me. I avoid flying unless it's absolutely unavoidable.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I haven’t flown commercial since about 2000. I know who’s up front. 😳😁

I don't know if you're saying this in jest or not but I've met a number of people in the commercial, .gov, and private sectors of aviation that will not fly commercial for any reason.

The funniest of them was a former Marine that was with the Air Wing. He said no fugking way would he get on any bird after his time in the Corps. LOL
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
US Commercial flight carriers are currently conducting about 5,670 passenger flights daily. Roughly 100,000 flights take off and land every day all over the globe. Many months pass between airline crashes, none at all in some years.

By that logic I should never carry a gun.
No
No I don't fly period
Did anyone listen/watch the video of the non swimmer that was the control tower operator? Told the pilot to proceed to a runway after a collision he caused for takeoff… Pilot was pissed.

Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Did anyone listen/watch the video of the non swimmer that was the control tower operator? Told the pilot to proceed to a runway after a collision he caused for takeoff… Pilot was pissed.

Huh?

Not I.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Them things are so overbuilt, redundant built, and safety margined (if properly maintained and loaded) that you can quit worrying. Human error in servicing, loading, and piloting is much more common. The mechanical stuff covers their asses, a lot.

Not to mention the crazies that make the cockpit after eating 'shrooms.....
Originally Posted by efw

Huh?
Posted the vid.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
A blind air traffic controller?
I don't "see" a problem crazy
Neither does the controller !
Safer than driving a car with half the.people on the road playing with their stupid phones.
Originally Posted by las

Them things are so overbuilt, redundant built, and safety margined (if properly maintained and loaded) that you can quit worrying. Human error in servicing, loading, and piloting is much more common. The mechanical stuff covers their asses, a lot.

Regardless... the stench of 250 unwashed hoontangs on 300 pound hogs... leads me to the summary conclusion that if I need to go to Hawaii... I will drive.
I quit flying commercial when I discovered that the FAA was no longer requiring those applying for a Commercial rating were not required to know proper procedure to recover from a stall\spin!
Originally Posted by las

Regardless... the stench of 250 unwashed hoontangs on 300 pound hogs... leads me to the summary conclusion that if I need to go to Hawaii... I will drive.

Business Class...
I've flown over a million miles without any major incident. Now being treated like cattle sucks, every it year seems to be worse along with the passengers. I quit the heavy travel in 2017 and don't really miss it. When I traveling a lot, I was almost always bumped to first class, which is mildly better than coach.
Yes, I understand statistics. It's very safe, but has become an uncomfortable hassle and I won't fly anymore unless it's necessary.
Originally Posted by Sheister
Well, we're all going to end up in the ground eventually and usually without notice. Is one way any better than another? Your chance of dieing in a airplane crash is much smaller than just about any other event so I don't sweat the danger part. What I do concern myself with is how poorly the airlines treat us at times- that really pisses me off...

Aren’t the chances of dying in an airplane crash pretty high? Seems like there are rarely any survivors.
Beats walking and as I cannot walk or drive to work, it's all I got. But have over 1.4 million miles in the air just with Delta. So far, so good.
Originally Posted by las

Point to you. smile. I love the screaming, snotty nose, hacking, un-disciplined 2-4 year olds too.

So God said, " You have led such an examplary life, my man, I will grant you one wish while still alive"

"I'd like a road to Hawaii"

"That's pretty tough. How about something else?"

" I want to understand women"

"Would that be 2-lane or 4?"
© 24hourcampfire