Home
I’m always on the lookout for full boxes of vintage ammo to add to my collection. These arent full boxes but pretty hard to find. The box of 375’s is 19 and the 410 box has 18 paper #6’s.

The Grizzly boxes arent easy to find.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Cool!
Very cool! I have quite a few of them as dust collectors too. I don't believe I have a 375 bear box though. Nice score!
Great find T4! One of the favorites I have.

2Dogs, That’s one I’ve never seen. Very cool!!
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Oh my!!!!!
I have several old boxes of ammo that I've had since a kid. I'm glad I kept them. They had some cool illustrations on them way back.

That is *very* cool.
I have a couple of those Peters shotshell boxes with the mallard on the front and at least one of the Winchester centerfire boxes. They certainly don’t make them like that anymore. 😁

I am drooling over that one! The "Match" ammo boxes I have are boring graphics, not SEXY like yours.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yea 160, the old graphics on ammo boxes are a thing of beauty. Plenty of the old hunting and shooting gear ads in magazines had excellent artwork too.

I have some old ad artwork poster framed on wall. One of the Peters "Blue Magic" ads with a magician pulling a box of shot shells from a tophat is very cool.

Your Western and Remington match boxes must be somewhat rare to come across. The Western box looks to be in great condition!
Cool box! Why were they for "Single Loading Only"? Too long to fit in the magazine?
No graphics but I always liked this one.

Originally Posted by mnmarlin
Cool box! Why were they for "Single Loading Only"? Too long to fit in the magazine?

I've no idea. There was a thread on here back in spring about ammo boxes. I snapped three pics of some of the boxes I have and posted those. I have other shot shell, rimfire, rifle, slug boxes. Cool history. I have other old powder cans, magazine ad artwork, several duck decoys I still have after I sold a bunch.

I am a sucker for full old ammo boxes and have more than I care to admit. They sure work great at collecting household dust.
Originally Posted by 160user
No graphics but I always liked this one.

We shot some of that ammo in pre-flight training in the M6 (I think)
Pretty neat stuff. I got some old ammo boxes but mostly just the plain green RP cardboard boxes and such. Nothing with the graphics of the ones on here.
Thanks for starting this thread. I remember using ammo that came out a lot of these boxes, new ammo.

My personal favorite ammo was Lester's.

Cool thread! I'm enjoying the pics. I display a few old boxes in "the barn" aka the man cave.
Those are cool. I thought it was fun when I found a little orange chew can sized plastic box that 22 shells came in from when I was a kid. Not as old as this stuff but a fun reminder of the good rabbit hunting days of the 80s. I'll have to dig it out and take a closer look at it but I think it was Remington vipers.

Bb

So, what is the next best powder and load that a guy could duplicate to this cartridge ??

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

So, what is the next best powder and load that a guy could duplicate to this cartridge ??

kwg

Just buy Lester's. You can't shoot for schidt anyway. wink wink

That IS a cool box! I've never seen one like it.

cool cool
Originally Posted by 160user

OMG, I love it!
I really like those old ammo boxes, even better if they have just one price tag, showing what the price was way back when. I have some .32 Rem with a price tag of $6.99. I found them in an old gunshop in New Mexico around 1993. The owner was just wanting to get rid of them, I have Grandad's old Model 8 Remington in .32 that he bought new when he homesteaded in 1915.
© 24hourcampfire