Home
Posted By: SandBilly Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Too bad this man isn’t around today.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
I’m sure most have heard this one.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
I had to google him.

I only listen to Argentinian opera records.

Arrrghhhhh!!!

.mannlicker
🤣 you need to start a Pyrex vs Corningware thread…
Toggle toggle
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Ahead of his time. Used to listen to him every day at 12 oclock when I ate lunch.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
I used to listen to him everyday at lunch as well.

The guy was a genius with his foresight, knowledge, and the way that he presented his message. He must have had one hell of a crystal ball to make the predictions that he did.

I miss listening to him as much as I do Rush.
Posted By: COLORADO_LUCKYDOG Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Paul Harvey page three! Loved the guy!
Posted By: Doc_Holidude Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Yep! I remember “Stand By For News” at noon, then at 5:30 pm…”And that is…The Rest of the Story”. I was a lot younger then but still really enjoyed him on the radio! 😎
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Everyday at noon. I even carried a small transistor radio while hunting and at noon I would put an earpiece in and listen. I had a friend that owned a medium size company and he flew to Chicago to make a pitch to Paul Harvey to advertise his product. Took him to lunch and he made the pitch and Mr. Harvey listened and ask questions, in the end Mr. Harvey said the product had many uses, but he did not know how he would use it in his daily life. Mr. Harvey told him he only speaks about products that he personally uses and believes in. He was a man of very strick integrity.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Posted By: RHOD Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Paul Harvey had a gift for public speaking. A true master of delivery.

However, he seems to not understand the difference between the ozone hole and global warming, making the content of the clip linked in the opening post a garbled mess.
Posted By: crc1514 Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
When I was in 8th grade, our teacher would have the class listen to Paul Harvey at noon. Someone wrote him a letter and he gave our class a shout out on air one day. He also sent our teacher an autographed picture.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
My democrat mother listened to Paul every day in the 60s and 70s.

Oi, does he sound like a republican now!
Posted By: rong Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Yep! I remember “Stand By For News” at noon, then at 5:30 pm…”And that is…The Rest of the Story”. I was a lot younger then but still really enjoyed him on the radio! 😎

Sounds like me,guys at work thought I was nuts,cause when he came on ,,we ate,,and I listened to him.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Paul Harvey, Good Day!
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
So did I !!!
Posted By: logger Re: Paul Harvey - 11/10/23
Originally Posted by crc1514
When I was in 8th grade, our teacher would have the class listen to Paul Harvey at noon. Someone wrote him a letter and he gave our class a shout out on air one day. He also sent our teacher an autographed picture.

Same with my 5th grade teacher. Wouldn't happen today.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
Nope - WAY to conservative!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
Our Building Trades teacher let us roll in the toddler-smasher AV cart and watch Robo Cop and Terminator on Fridays.

🤙
Posted By: Scotty Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
I enjoyed listening to him.`
Posted By: deflave Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Ahead of his time. Used to listen to him every day at 12 oclock when I ate lunch.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
I liked him until I heard him talk about Missouri State Prison one day. He said, paraphrased, "If you ever want to see the scum of the earth, I mean the lowest of the low, go to the MSP in Jefferson City Missouri at shift change. " He had a worthless drunkard son doing time there who didn't like his accommodations. I guess if you drink and drive you should have considered that beforehand. In those days you had to screw up severely to get yourself in prison. Most of the minor violations would end up as a defctive muffler charges. All dropped down to low charges. RZ.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Paul Harvey - 11/11/23
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I liked him until I heard him talk about Missouri State Prison one day. He said, paraphrased, "If you ever want to see the scum of the earth, I mean the lowest of the low, go to the MSP in Jefferson City Missouri at shift change. " He had a worthless drunkard son doing time there who didn't like his accommodations. I guess if you drink and drive you should have considered that beforehand. In those days you had to screw up severely to get yourself in prison. Most of the minor violations would end up as a defctive muffler charges. All dropped down to low charges. RZ.

Yes, and Trump tweeted mean things, I hate them both…
© 24hourcampfire