Home
Posted By: gonehuntin Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
Has anybody ever been on a jury that voted to nullify charges on a defendant who you thought was being railroaded by "the justice system"??
Posted By: GeoW Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
One would think the judge should do that.. unless a political operative.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
Originally Posted by GeoW

Look at the multiple persecutions of Trump that are going on right now and tell me how many judges you see that aren't political operatives.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
True, it's a damned shame. Another branch of govt in the swamp deeper and deeper.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
what we have down here in my liberal town/county, are judges and State Attorneys that either drop the charges, take a plea deal, or ignore sentencing guidelines or release on recognizance. We officially have little crime, since virtually none is prosecuted. Blacks, the homeless, left wing thugs like BLM and antifa get a free ride.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Look at the multiple persecutions of Trump that are going on right now and tell me how many judges you see that aren't political operatives.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

About as scarce as hen's teeth.

MM
Letting the scumbags out into the general public instead of jailing them might be a good idea- - - -they're way too hard to snipe from half a mile away when they're locked up!

I was foreman on a jury in a pot-selling trial that "failed to convict" one of two defendants who seemed to be getting a raw deal. It was a "Hung jury"- - - -not an actual acquittal. We awarded the main perpetrator the purple shaft, though! I don't think the judge was very upset with the one guy getting off, and the prosecutor didn't seem to be too inclined to try for a second trial.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/26/23
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
what we have down here in my liberal town/county, are judges and State Attorneys that either drop the charges, take a plea deal, or ignore sentencing guidelines or release on recognizance. We officially have little crime, since virtually none is prosecuted. Blacks, the homeless, left wing thugs like BLM and antifa get a free ride.

Schools do the same thing: "We have significantly reduced disciplinary referrals over the last X months!" Translated, that means "We have forbidden the staff to refer students who cause trouble. (Along with abandoning them, we will not allow them to deal with problems in an effective manner.")
Hide actuality under tons of paperwork - the facts don't need to come out!

In other words, s--t can be covered up - given enough toilet paper!
Posted By: akrange Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/27/23
I,I,I say Thar Boy ..

Lindsay and I have Built a Impenetrable Judicial System around the Country especially the Circuits around Mordor..

We’ve created Linebackers are Every Step all the Way up to that Loser Jolly Roger and that Virtue Signaler Coney Island ..

Ya ..

You ain’t seen No Standing used like this Before

Derek He Ain’t Standing ..

Due Process ain’t Standing..

I,I,I say Thar Lindsay that’s Enough Mouth’n go back to Gobbling..
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/27/23
Yes.

https://fija.org/
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

About right.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Jury nullification.... - 11/27/23
I complain about this whenever I can. My Dad was foreman on a murder trial jury. They got sequestered and everything. There was a gag order and he never said a word. He took that to his grave. I was the only one who knew because my friend's dad was on the local police department and they had to provide some security support so that's how I knew it was a murder trial. Come on, Dad! We wanna know!
© 24hourcampfire