Home
Posted By: Rickshaw Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
So, after clothes have been washed a few times, does it really matter if you separate lights and darks and colors? What's the science on this?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
All mine go in together. I don't put my bicycle shorts in the dryer though.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Not my department
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Heathen, you always wash lights with lights and dark with darks and reds by themselves. Didn’t you pay attention to your mom?
Posted By: efw Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Not my department

Based
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by efw
Not my department

Based
Yes
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I'm m kinda in this boat. I understand separation when stuff is new and colors might bleed. But after a few washings I'd think the bleeding was done. I can't tell a difference if I wash it together or not. My wife insists on separating.
Posted By: rong Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

I'm m kinda in this boat. I understand separation when stuff is new and colors might bleed. But after a few washings I'd think the bleeding was done. I can't tell a difference if I wash it together or not. My wife insists on separating.

But do you or don't you put your bicycle shorts in the dryer? grin
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/27/23
What are bicycle shorts?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
So, after clothes have been washed a few times, does it really matter if you separate lights and darks and colors? What's the science on this?
If you can peel them apart, they aren't dirty yet. If you can't, they can't be separated anyway so toss them in a tub of chlorine to soak overnight.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23

Once ya get this figured out, ya can start on tryin ta make sandwiches.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
You could do like my Brother's ex and just throw them out in the garage and go buy new ones.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Doesn’t matter to me. All my schiat goes in at once. Pants get dried, shirts hang to dry
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Heat the water on a wood stove, scrub them on a washboard, hang them out to dry on a clothes line. We have it soft.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

Now I know what I want for Christmas....
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
I throw all my stuff together after they've been washed a few times. However, I wouldn't put anything red in with other stuff. But I don't even own anything red.

My kids laugh that when they look in our master bedroom closet. The wife's side had all the colors of the rainbow. My side is all olive drab, khaki and other earth tones, with the exception of jeans and blue Carhartt FR shirts. My kids say that even when I dress up, I look like I'm ready to go hunting. I sure wish Cabela's still sold their safari shirts, those were the best!
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Heat the water on a wood stove, scrub them on a washboard, hang them out to dry on a clothes line. We have it soft.
Wabigoon,

You forgot to take me off ignore, Pard.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

What Paul wears under his panties...

I knew I was at the right place for advice on this....
Posted By: Morewood Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Other than an occasional new pair of blue jeans, I wash everything together.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new detergent. Tide pods smell nice.

My dear wife was an expert clothes folder that I didn't fully realize and appreciate until she was gone. Wrinkle City.
Posted By: dassa Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

A Thai tranny?
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by Morewood

Have you ever noticed that Mexicans always smell like dryer sheets? What's the deal, do the Mexican women use like 5-6 of them with every load, or do they wipe themselves down with dryer sheets every morning?

I'm not kidding. I was on a job site in Florida when the gal that was our hole watch pointed it out. Now, wherever I go, I realize she'd right. If the wind is right, you can smell them before you see them.

Does anyone know why? Is there a Hispanic brand of clothes detergent they favor that's really high in perfumes? Do they use a ton of dryer sheets? Does anyone on here have a Hispanic wife and can shed some light? What's the deal?
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by gsganzer

Have you ever noticed that Mexicans always smell like dryer sheets? What's the deal, do the Mexican women use like 5-6 of them with every load, or do they wipe themselves down with dryer sheets every morning?

I'm not kidding. I was on a job site in Florida when the gal that was our hole watch pointed it out. Now, wherever I go, I realize she'd right. If the wind is right, you can smell them before you see them.

Does anyone know why? Is there a Hispanic brand of clothes detergent they favor that's really high in perfumes? Do they use a ton of dryer sheets? Does anyone on here have a Hispanic wife and can shed some light? What's the deal?

Yes
They DO use a lot of dryer sheets
And febreeze
And that Fabulosa lavender stench
foo foo detergent
When the scent comes wafting down the
street from all of the bakery women doing
laundry at night, it'll gag the [bleep] out of ya
I just took a small amount of trash out to
the can outside, and my eyes are still
watering and my throat is still scratchy
from the fumes
They do that thinking it covers up the
onion/garlic/chili pepper/ sweaty body
combination
Same thing with drenching head to toe
with the cheap Trader's Village cologne

Posted By: earlybrd Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LOL😂😂😂😂
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Everyone knows that clothes get separated into two piles before you wash them... The Clean pile and the Dirty pile...
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Whatever, but anything with skid marks, major or minor, goes in the trash.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Back when I was milking cows, schidt washed out just fine. Why different on the inside? Schidt is schidt, right?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter
You could do like my Brother's ex and just throw them out in the garage and go buy new ones.

Haha, I know a mother of 3 who told me she would get her nanny to match socks for her girls and when she stopped doing it, she'd throw them away after one use and just buy new ones. The most American thing I've ever heard.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Only buy white socks then everything matches
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Heathen, you always wash lights with lights and dark with darks and reds by themselves. Didn’t you pay attention to your mom?

You must wear different brands than I as all mine go in together.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
I knew a guy in the USARMY that would wash his clothes with pine oil
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
I buy socks in bundles of identical ones. As they wear holes, I just throw them away 1 at a time until it's time for a new bundle.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

Two dudes.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
I always wash new stuff before I wear them, you never know what chemicals, lubricants etc are used during manufacture.

Everything together, Tide pods rule.

Separate in the dryers, the Magellan nylon fishing-type shirts I favor dry so quick/retain so little moisture they can just be hang dried. They get dried separate from cottons because the high heat required for cottons tends to fracture the buttons on them.

Oh…. and leave a couple of ball point pens in a pocket, black ink works good.

Pro tip…. an iPhone can survive five minutes in the hot wash cycle unscathed, it will even ring when you call it.

‘Nother Pro tip….. some laundromats are scary, you’ll be out of there quicker if you set the drier on “High”.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LOL😂😂😂😂
Wonder if Always Outdoors makes THE LIST for this? Wolf Blitzer as Bubbles is funny.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I buy socks in bundles of identical ones. As they wear holes, I just throw them away 1 at a time until it's time for a new bundle.

Yup, gray Railroad Socks. Made to fit a full grown man and they don't shrink into a chink torture device.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
I separate them. Otherwise the whites get black/coloured lint on them and the darks get white lint on them.

I don't use the tumble dryer to dry them either, unless I absolutely have to. It just beats the [bleep] out of the clothes. I line dry them - they smell fresher and most don't need any ironing.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
She washes them.

I fold them.
(Except for those "@#&#$@" fitted sheets!!!)
They get stuffed into the linen closet in hopes she won't find them. A man needs to know his limitations!
Posted By: SDLEFTY Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
When the wifey leaves for the weekend I'll do laundry and low and behold something goes wrong with some of her clothes. It gets me out of laundry chores for awhile.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by JeffyD
She washes them.

I fold them.
They get stuffed into the linen closet in hopes she won't find them. A man needs to know his limitations!

LOLOL.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Empty the laundry basket into the washer. Take out flannel shirts hang them. The rest goes in the dryer. Buy only no ironing needed type clothes. Real simple !
Posted By: las Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
What are bicycle shorts?

A woody?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I have seen homes like that.

kwg
Posted By: 300savagehunter Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/28/23
Buy a box of color guard sheets. You can wash a brand new red towel with a white shirt and there is no red tint to the shirt. Walmart. I wash everything together with one color guard sheet an they are good for 3 or 4 loads.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Yours? Or hers?
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Originally Posted by JeffyD
She washes them.

I fold them.

Chuck Norris can't even fold a fitted sheet!
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
What are bicycle shorts?

Wonder if she's naked?
Posted By: Farming Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Whatever you do don’t wash beaver pelts with light or darks, especially if you are married. Wife caught me laundering a pelt one time, not happy!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Originally Posted by Farming
Whatever you do don’t wash beaver pelts with light or darks, especially if you are married. Wife caught me laundering a pelt one time, not happy!

My ex-wife caught me washing beaver. To say that she wasn't happy is an understatement.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Around here, whites get a liberal dose of Chlorine. Since I don't like buying new jeans every week or new colored pocket tees, whites and colors are washed separately.

Two baskets in the bedroom closet.
Posted By: las Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Around here, whites get a liberal dose of Chlorine. Since I don't like buying new jeans every week or new colored pocket tees, whites and colors are washed separately.

Two baskets in the bedroom closet.

This, and I never ever absolutely never wash ANYTHING of hers! She has so many weird clothes that require different treatment that I always fug something up. Why she buys those things I have no idea.

I don't fold anything either, except my stuff that goes in drawers. I always "do it wrong", so why bother?
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Laundry etiquette - 11/29/23
Originally Posted by Farming

TFF

I used to do a bit of fur hunting. There was a laundromat right next to my favorite watering hole, so while my coyote pelts were in the wash cycle with fabric softener, I'd be on a bar stool having a couple cold ones. grin

Never had the cajones to do it at home. Wife unit would not have found that humorous.
© 24hourcampfire