Home
Posted By: simonkenton7 Football Fans Kill Cow - 12/02/23
Mutilated longhorn shocks Oklahoma State campus ahead of Big 12 title showdown with Texas
By Social Links forDan Martin
Published Dec. 1, 2023, 3:38 p.m. ET

The Oklahoma State-Texas football rivalry took a gruesome turn when a dead longhorn cow was discovered on the lawn of an Oklahoma State fraternity, one day before the schools meet in the Big 12 championship game.

According to police in Stillwater, Okla., the carcass was found on the lawn of the FarmHouse fraternity and there was an expletive carved near the side of the body.

The stomach was also cut out of the animal, according to the school newspaper, The O’Colly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Oklahoma State University chapter of FarmHouse Fraternity also issued a statement, saying its members were “just as sickened and surprised by this incident as our peers on campus… To our knowledge, no FarmHouse member was involved in this incident, and we do not condone cruelty or defacing of livestock in any manner.”

00:02

04:05
“It’s a very cruel crime to be committed, especially right before the Big 12 Championship,” Stillwater police officer PJ Low told The Oklahoman. “Nothing is worth doing that kind of crap.”

The university said both Stillwater police and the university’s Office of Student Support and Conduct are investigating and that “appropriate action will be taken based on the outcome of the investigation.”
Lol. Killing a cow is now cruel.
If she was killed for the prank, that's a very expensive prank. I'd guess that she was found dead and hauled there somehow.
Not surprised at all and its not illegal, says a lot about the fanbase .
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Not surprised at all and its not illegal, says a lot about the fanbase .
How can it not be illegal? There are laws against littering.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
Isn’t the longhorn a Texas mascot?
Yes it is the Texas mascot, why was it dumped in Oklahoma? Should have been dumped on a frat house lawn in Texas.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Yes it is the Texas mascot, why was it dumped in Oklahoma? Should have been dumped on a frat house lawn in Texas.
Exactly.
Posted By: acy Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Exactly.

My thoughts as well.
Posted By: Osky Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
Meh either way, give one side or the other a 15 yard penalty and let’s get on with the game.

Osky
What a stupid thing to do. That’s a pretty nice set of horns going to waste.
I attended Oklahoma State University and was a member of the fraternity where the Longhorn was dumped. It is highly likely 5-6 (approximate number of people captured on the fraternity’s video cameras) were members of a rival fraternity on campus. Also, it looks like there is no blood from the stomach incision so I would guess the animal was dead when these people decided to dump
It at FarmHouse.
LegalEagle is right on this.

I also attended Oklahoma State and am an alumni of another Fraternity. This had nothing to do with the university of Texas longhorns. This was a prank from a rival fraternity. One of the members' family had a dead steer and offered it to their grandson for use. This has been going on for a long time but just now made national news, probably due to the UT longhorn football program and its association with longhorns.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I also attended Oklahoma State and am an alumni of another Fraternity. This had nothing to do with the university of Texas longhorns. This was a prank from a rival fraternity. One of the members' family had a dead steer and offered it to their grandson for use. This has been going on for a long time but just now made national news, probably due to the UT longhorn football program and its association with longhorns.
It's hard to see the plumbing in the photo but it looks more cowish than steerish to me. Plus, they've written 'F..K FH' on it.
Posted By: Potsy Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
What would’ve been just a prank (granted, one likely requiring cleaning up and apologies) in the 90’s is now one that will result in the expulsion of the students involved, and a campus wide crackdown on all those “unruly white fraternities”.

Of course, it will have nothing to do with the fact the steer was long dead when it got there, they mutilated a poor defensless, dead animal.

The fact it was likely Ag. Majors with white nationalist tendencies will come into play as well.

This will be a bad deal for those boys with life long implications.

Book it……
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
I attended Oklahoma State University and was a member of the fraternity where the Longhorn was dumped. It is highly likely 5-6 (approximate number of people captured on the fraternity’s video cameras) were members of a rival fraternity on campus. Also, it looks like there is no blood from the stomach incision so I would guess the animal was dead when these people decided to dump
It at FarmHouse.

Gee, do ya think it was daid when they cut its stomach out too, counselor? OSU grad, huh? whistle
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Thanks for that.
If you wanna see piles of stupid, watch college football.

And everything associated with it.
One of those Mongolian Grill food truck guys should scoop it up. Nothing wasted
Originally Posted by deflave

That's pretty much college "anything" now.

But college football has just turned into the NFL minor league.
I agree with others that it was probably dead before it was dropped there. That would explain the cut in the belly to degas the bloated carcass.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: College Football Gets Crazy - 12/02/23
They mistook the campus as being a Chinese University - The Wonghorns.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's pretty much college "anything" now.

But college football has just turned into the NFL minor league.
Yup; that stuff reeks of NFL influenced publicity stunts, and all the other soap opera inspired drama theatrics. For years now the only football games I have seen were a few local high school games that made it onto a local cable access channel. Excellent viewing for those who just want to see a good, down to earth football game, without the excessive Hollywood B.S. and associated hype.

You're not a College Football Super Fan unless you attend a game when it's 34* and you wear no shirt and paint your face and chest with Team Colors and wear a stupid hat with horns and fur. Go Team......
full display of the stupidity of the sports crowd anymore
Most likely that cow died of natural causes and dumped there by a footbal fan.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Most likely that cow died of natural causes and dumped there by a Rival Frat House.

Fixed it for ya!
It looks a little emaciated to me.
Well it clearly wasn't kamylitia that did it since when she is not laughing she worships at the alter of the sacred cow.
Somebody killed a Texas cheerleader?
The only college football game I ever attended was UT vs TCU in Fort Worth back around 1986. We brought binoculars and spent most of the game comparing cheerleaders. Not one dead cow was observed.
Are safe spaces and councilors available for the traumatized students?
Dead longhorn seems legit when you're playing Texass.
© 24hourcampfire