Home
Posted By: helidriver72 Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Is it just me or is the autocorrect running amuck in posts lately?
Latest iPhone update??
Posted By: slumlord Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Wabigoon doesn’t have autocorrect on her Commodore Vic20
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
I have noticed that also. The latest iPhone update screwed up several things on my phone, including autocorrect. I get notices things aren’t syncing and my phone no longer connects to my hearing aids.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Yuo seeing that to
Posted By: reivertom Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
I heard the guy that invented "autocorrect" died the other day. His funnel is tomato.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
If it’s fugging up and it really bothers you, shut it off. Very simple procedure.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Otto has always been a pain.
Workin fine on my Radio Shack TRS-80
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
I think we are seeing the first signs of the much ballyhooed AI. You want a challenge, try transmitting via text, a string of Caterpillar alpha-numeric part numbers...between 'predictive text' feature and spellcheck arguing with each other and producing gibberish...you are much better off to make a voice call and read out the parts order.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think we are seeing the first signs of the much ballyhooed AI. You want a challenge, try transmitting via text, a string of Caterpillar alpha-numeric part numbers...between 'predictive text' feature and spellcheck arguing with each other and producing gibberish...you are much better off to make a voice call and read out the parts order.

Again those are all things that can be turned off. As far as AI anyone that has allowed access by Cortana, Alexa, Siri or the others has allowed themselves to be indoctrinated to the world of liberal controlled speech and content by your own fault.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wabigoon doesn’t have autocorrect on her Commodore Vic20
I thought it was an elite C64.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
I turned auto-correct off years ago. It still flags what it thinks are errors but I make the choice. Lately it's beeb flagging words I know are spelled correctly. WTF.
PJ
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I turned auto-correct off years ago. It still flags what it thinks are errors but I make the choice. Lately it's beeb flagging words I know are spelled correctly. WTF.
PJ

Turn off spell check and predictive.
Posted By: las Re: Autocorrect lately… - 12/09/23
Originally Posted by 45_100
I have noticed that also. The latest iPhone update screwed up several things on my phone, including autocorrect. I get notices things aren’t syncing and my phone no longer connects to my hearing aids.

EVERY "update" screws something around, and often up on my iPhone SE! And I don't need help in that department. Change models and it's even worse. We upgraded a month or so ago, wife to latest and greatest, me to the latest version of the SE, both of which required a learning curve.

It's very difficult, almost impossible ( for us)to use each other's phones except for the very basic stuff. I'm glad I don't use the other 90% of the crap on there!

I'm sure any 12 year old would have no prob with anything on either. smile
Originally Posted by reivertom
I heard the guy that invented "autocorrect" died the other day. His funnel is tomato.
Godspeed, May he roast in piss frown
© 24hourcampfire