Home
Was wondering this tonight as I never meet mine yet and I’m 64 yo. Had a few prospects but no gold!
She stalked me down on eHarmony.
I saw her the day before classes at college and it was love at first sight. I can tell you what she was wearing and take you back to within 3 feet of where she was standing.
When I came to town, I wound up teaching in the same building as she did and also, without having met her, wound up in the same tri-plex that she lived in.
We met through a friend, and I'm still pissed at him! :^)
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Was wondering this tonight as I never meet mine yet and I’m 64 yo. Had a few prospects but no gold!

Buddy, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you might want to lower those standards just a wee bit.
Sipping a cocktail at Los Hermanos restaurant in San Luis Obispo circa 1984.
I was at a highschool basketball game, a sport that I detest, when she walk passed, wearing the finest pair of 'walking-away-jeans' I had ever laid eyes on.....

I was sitting with, unbeknownst to me at the time, her brother, I commented on the derriere that had just walked by.........

Introductions were made, and well that was the late Spring of '74......

She sits in front of me now planning Christmas dinner....

I should have had those jeans BRONZED...........
Stuffing $20s in her G string between pole dances...
Over a sow Griz in Wyoming...
On Her front steps. She was, and is a living doll.
Originally Posted by reivertom

Buddy, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you might want to lower those standards just a wee bit.
Thanks for the tip, but I refuse to put dual rear wheels on my Subaru!
At the Hamlet festival in Cambridge...

I was the lesser Barnardo... reciting my lines...
Army roommate's girlfriend invited me to dinner and set me up with her friend.
Pick ONE...
I was writing for a series called Barnaby Jones, at Goldwyn Studios in Hollywood. She was an executive assistant on the show. We met and I later asked if she'd like to have dinner with me? She said yes. Afterward, we began dating, fell in love and about a year later, we got married. We had a wonderful marriage of nearly 44 years until she died of complications of Alzheimer's Dementia.

L.W.
Originally Posted by 19352012
I saw her the day before classes at college and it was love at first sight. I can tell you what she was wearing and take you back to within 3 feet of where she was standing.
Congrats! What a great story!
first day of college class "Comparative Anatomy"

she came in late
Right out of the mail order bride catalog.
Daughter ask us that at supper one night.

"Well, I was at the grocery store and had to use the bathroom. It was occupied.
When the door opened your Mom came out, and I headed in.
It stunk so bad I spun around to leave, slipped and fell, and was knocked out.
When I came to, she was kneeling over me............And I thought she was an angel!"

My wife hates that story.

The truth is she worked with my sister at that grocery store, and
my sister set us up.

I met her in her parents kitchen, November 10, 1993.
Met my late wife on a blind date. My USMCR Plt. Sgt. worked with her and we double dates with him and his wife one evening. Spring 1978.
I was stationed with the USN in VA and used to buy a copy of the Double Gun Journal every once in awhile because I owned a double rifle. Only place to get them was Barnes & Noble. I grabbed one off the magazine rack and was headed to the cashier via the medical books section and this really cute blonde was in there looking at a book. I stopped to chat because she was really cute and I was wearing my Chief's uniform. We have been together since then.
Meet me wife of 25 years at a nude beach. Asked her out, has been the best 25 years of my 60 year life.
Met my sweet wife at an evangelism conference 40 wonderful years ago.

Never was a butt man. However, that is the first thing I took note of when I saw her from across the room. I still enjoy it every day.
1st was the daughter of a family friend. I thought that I knew her, but I didn't have a clue what I was getting into.

2nd was during grad school. She's MENSA and eats lesser beings, so a lot of guys and gals were intimidated by her. I realized early on that she is an idea person who needs someone to take care of the details so that she could shine.
OF all places, McDonalds...she was there with 2 friends....I married her. My friend married 1 of the other 2...the third went batsh**crazy. That was June 6,1968 and we are still married. His wife was cheating on him in 2 months ...they were divorced quickly. It will be 53 years in March.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Met my sweet wife at an evangelism meeting 40 wonderful years ago.

Never was a butt man. However, that is the first thing I took note of when I saw her from across the room. I still enjoy it every day.

I am definitely a butt man.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
NYE party at a club.
Each of us singled the other out before meeting, out of a ton of people.
Strange.
Me and a buddy went into Chilkoot Charlies in Anchorage about 1700 one afternoon and there she was on a bar stool talking with her sister. She fit that stool perfectly and looked great. I was just out of a four year stint with the U.S. Navy and three West Pac deployments and Viet Nam was winding down.

Turns out she was a close cousin to my buddy. After he threatened my life he reluctantly introduced us. She is 1/4 Yupik Eskimo and German, Russian and French and had blonde hair and was raised in Tanana for a few years, a Yukon River village.

Next year we celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and I thank God for her every day. She loves fishing and all things outdoors and is my favorite hunting, fishing, ATV, camping, etc. buddy, but she has no interest in shooting any thing and usually sheds a tear after the shot. Then she pulls her favorite knives out and starts skinning. We have many great memories in God's Creation. I just have to make sure she gets plenty of time picking blue berries and cranberries.

She is a gun thief and claimed the little Mod. 94 Win. in .44 mag. I bought 30 years ago. Then three years ago she claimed the Mod. 94 Big Bore .356 Win. I brought home. She also made a nifty scabbard for it from a very big river otter hide. Shes a talented skin sewer.
At work. She was coming in for a job interview while I was heading to the pisser. Our eyes locked, we both smiled.

I thought about going to HR to tell them not to hire her so I could ask her out. Didn’t and kept it professional. 3 years later she resigned for personal reasons, and was fair game.
We met at the time clock on her 1st day at work at a dept store while I was in college.
I thought she was the prettiest thing I laid eyes on.
I had went out with every other girl that worked there, they were all nice, but no real sparks.
And I had recently broken up with a girl I had dated for 1.5 years.

We began to flirt immediately. It was love, or something like it, at first sight.
I wanted to ask her out for the coming weekend but I had national guard drill that weekend.
The next thing I know, she asked me out.
I told I couldn't this weekend because I had Guard drill.
She looked shocked, hurt, and bewildered.
And I said, really I do, I'll be out of town, but we can go out on Tuesday when I get back.
That was late December. In March we were engaged. We were married in July.

After we were married, she said that she had never asked anyone out before.
I asked her why she asked me out.
She said that God told her "Be nice to him, that's your husband." and that God prompted her to ask me out right then.
When I said I couldn't, she was shocked and thought "what the heck was that all about?"
But, then she realized I wanted to go out too. It should have been obvious anyway.

I told her that if she would have told me all that shortly after we started dating, I would have ran from her like a scalded ape.

We are about to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our 1st date. 39.5 years of marriage.
We are still madly in love.
We still act like we're 20 yrs old.
We text each other some romantic things, some very naughty things throughout the day.
Being a pastor, my congregation would be shocked at those conversations if they read them.... maybe not, though, they see how we cling to each other even at 60 years old.
The fire is still hot. She is the love of my life.
I had known one of my wife's cousins all my life. She was playing matchmaker. I was taking up money at the gate of a high school basketball game. Her dad coached the girls team. I recognized her when she came into the game. After the girl's game ended her dad formally introduced us. I gave her a ride home after the game that Friday night. 1st real date was Saturday. We were both 25; been married 40 years now.

I had actually seen her a week earlier. She had a younger brother that played basketball at a local college; where I had graduated. I was at the game when she came in and sat on the opposite side of the gym. From across the gym I wasn't terribly impressed and didn't make a move to introduce myself. Changed my mind when I got a closer look.
Freshman year of college. She raped me one night in her dorm room. She's great.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
She stalked me down on eHarmony.

Funny. Met my wife on eHarmony. No stalking.
Walking the beagle
Met her in church in Fairbanks in 68, I was 12 and she was about to turn 15. Her family had just moved there and we were just visiting. My family moved to the Anchorage area in 71 and we met again in church summer camp. In 74 I told her I was going to marry her, after I got out of the Army in 78 I finally got her to agree. Been married 45 years
Basic training. Met at a service club on the first base pass. It will never last we were told. She was then stationed in Wyoming and I was in Colorado. Married during my tech school but it was six months after marriage that we finally got stationed together. Never had a doubt then, or later, and coming up on fifty three years and still blessed.
At work. Saw her in a sales meeting and stalked her. A few weeks later got opportunity to work in her area and made my move.

Met her 10/21/98 married 05/24/99 have 5 AMAZING kids, an awesome son in law, & one UNBELIEVABLE grandson.

Best move ever. Fer real. Can’t imagine what I’d be without my wife.

FED.
Met her in kindergarten 70 years ago. She wore glasses, red hair and freckles. Never dated till New Years eve 1969, married 1 year 17 days later. The lord also prompted me to ask her. 54 years coming up. I'm
a lucky guy.
#1 in college. We lived in the same town 300 miles from school but had never met. She heard I was going home one weekend and asked for a ride. We started dating and got married when she graduated 3 years later. We had 33 great years before the big C got her.

#2 on an online Christian dating site. I posted my profile and got a response from her less than 30 min later. We just celebrated our 15th.
My wife's brother was in my class in high school. She is 4 years younger than he and I. At that time she was a very cute little tomboy always trying to tag along with her brother and me. I could tell she had a crush on me even then but of course she was much too young at that time. Well, I went away to college for 4 years and when I returned home, wow, had she grown up nicely. We started dating after she graduated high school and have been together ever since. Been together 35 years now.
Watched her and her friend getting in their car. I wanted to meet her, so I just backed into her bumper. Exchanged info, called had a soda, started dating a couple days later. That was back in 72. Third time was a charm!
Originally Posted by 5sdad
When I came to town, I wound up teaching in the same building as she did and also, without having met her, wound up in the same tri-plex that she lived in.

I'd call that Providence.
We met in the checkout at a grocery store. I talked her up some, met for beers. Married a couple years later.
Clear Lake Lodge. I asked her to dance and she said no.

We were happily married raising a family for 38 years until cancer took her from me.
Knocked on a door and she answered 33 years ago.
honky tonk , dancing , she ask me to dance ... some weeks down the road she brought me underwear and a toaster .. I knew I was in trouble then ... about 10 months later she asked me to marry her .. that was over 25 years ago ...
Broke up with a gal and about two months later, a fraternity brother of mine that was engaged to a sorority sister of my future wife, set us up on a blind date. The one that I had broken up with was in the same sorority😳 It was for the Red/Blue Spring football game in 1970. That could have been a disaster but we hit it off. She’s a pretty good conversationalist so she was good at filling in any awkward moments.

Married in Summer of ‘72. We’ve been together ever since.
I met my late wife back in late 1966. I was working for the Post Office the time and she was one of the temporary Christmas hires. I was working the third floor where they handled packages picking newly filled dollies to be sent to the basement to be loaded into conexes when I happened tp look across the room and BAM!there she was staring at me.When I stop to think about it, the part where Micheal Corleone first saw Appolonia comes to mind. Some years later we were taking about that night and I told her that when I saw her, I planned we would marry on the spot. She told me she had that same thought. She passed on March 12, 2019. I miss her still.
PJ
Electrical engineering lab. I asked her how to calculate phasors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasor.
While she was explaining the math, I was noticing her.
There were 600 men and 6 women undergraduates in EE.
Back in the dark days before the internet, there were personal ads in the back of the regional farm magazines.
She listed, I called and left a message.
When we met, I took one look at her while the bells rang and the birds sang and I went woo-hoo.
That was over twenty five years ago.
Met my wife of 34 years while working at Old Faithful Yellowstone Nat Park
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Stuffing $20s in her G string between pole dances...

I guess sometimes cash IS king! 😳
Skyway bar, Idaho Falls, 1981. She was with another guy. I bought her a drink that night and she winked when she said "thanks". A couple days later she showed up at my work and I thought to myself "I think she likes me", and the rest is history.
I asked her to dance at a service club convention.
At my cousins wedding.
In a moment of weakness, we bumped into each other on our way to rehab. I was headed in for drinking and she was an incurable nymphomaniac.

We've never been happier.
Originally Posted by LBP
At my cousins wedding.
Well now that surprises me dude, ‘cause I figured…from your own stated and well-known proclivities…you mighta met her at the Golden Corral All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. laugh
I was in high school and she was in college. We worked at the same restaurant but different shifts. Ended up working with her one weekend. She was working with my sister the following week and was talking about a guy she had worked with the weekend past. My sis said that was my brother. We dated and fell in love. Been married for 35 years in January 2 kids and 6 grandkids. Been the hardest thing we ever done making a marriage work. But I knew I was going to marry her
after that first date.
Paul I like butts also and she has a nice one. Lol and no I’m not posting it.
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by LBP
At my cousins wedding.
Well now that surprises me dude, ‘cause I figured…from your own stated and well-known proclivities…you mighta met her at the Golden Corral All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. laugh
I took her to Golden Corral after the wedding to try to fatten her up, it didn’t work.
Lots of very heartwarming stories on this thread and no flaming. I really enjoyed reading through them. Thanks to everyone that shared.
Kindergarten class. Seriously. Went all through school together.
Was playing full time ranch hand 92/96 in northeast Texas and left my first wife of 18 years and ran off with the ranchers wife left my life savings and she walked away from about 24 million came back home to south central N.M and have been playing contractor since then
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Met my sweet wife at an evangelism meeting 40 wonderful years ago.

I am definitely a butt man.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer the nottche
Middle School
1. Straight out of college I went to work for IBM. We had to go through a 2 month training class. First day of class this wonderful woman walked in and went to the head of the class - she was the teacher. I thought I had better wait until this 2 months is over before I ask her out. Two week later, she came in on Monday with a ring on her finger. I figured I had better get to work. She wouldn't "date" me but she would play tennis with me - played a LOT of tennis the next 6 weeks. She returned the ring 3 months later. Married 6 months later. So enjoyed being with her - every minute, every day. After being together all day long, we would spend 30 minutes talking in bed before going to sleep. After 35 years, Alzheimer's got her (age 59).

2. 9 years later, I went on a missions trip to Colombia, South America. At the church supper the first night, she was seated next to me - she spoke no English, I spoke no Spanish. We were married 5 months later! I still don't understand her, but she is one heck of a girl!
Dancehall 40 years ago in February
What can I say, my wife just got really lucky.
I shot a moose on Lorraine creek when I was 13 and she was 12. She was pretty cute and was up there picking berries. I gave her mom a moose quarter to survive the winter on. We went together in high school and she was always borrowing my stuff. We had our wild oats but we got back together when I was 27. We have been together ever since. She still borrows all my stuff.
Blind date arranged by a high school buddy of mine. We ended up marrying sisters.
Met her in the hospital when mom had a stroke, she was one of the nurses. Pretty, smart, sarcastic, mqking good money and independent. I was living half way across the county and she gave me her number when I left. We talked for months then I went back home for the holidays. Each of us had just gotten divorced so it was brutal honesty from the start. Couple months later she moved and 23 years later it's still brutal honesty...with a bit of sarcasm sprinkled in.
Tinder
Was just out of the Army, saw he walking down the street. That was 35 years ago.
Met the wife at work. She was a waitress, I was the doorman/bouncer. Married a year later. Lasted 6 years.

Current GF - we've been together 5 years. I had just bought my Road King and was out riding around trying to get the first 1k on it for break in. I was lost in the county somewhere, pulled out my phone to pull up maps. Friend happened to call me as I did so. We decided to meet up at the Iron Buffalo (local biker bar). She was riding with him and I noticed her right away.

Ran into her again 3 weeks later and asked her out - been together ever since.
A blind date set up by mutual friends at college. I spilled her sloe gin fizz all over her blue dress before she left to see her boyfriend, who was taking her to a Cleveland Indians game. He must not have been much, since we've now been happily married nearly 40 years.
Plenty of fish dot com.
I was the DOS guru down at Cincinnati State. I taught one class a week on the DOS operating system. KYHillChick was a student. She started taking my class the November my divorce from Satan was final. The week before midterms, she let me know she was quite smitten.
She was out with her friends, her first night out after knee surgery. I asked her to dance, she declined due to her knee. She asked me to drink, I accepted. Started pounding Alabama Slammers by the pitcher(that's what she liked.) Made me SICK as a fookin dog the next day I prayed for death. I called her the next afternoon, got her ass outta bed took her for tacos. Been together ever since, married in Sept. of '85. She was and still is a damned fine ole gal.
I signed up for a cruise vacation at a bbq cookoff and got a wife. There's a story to that...
In the Navy and home on leave from Norfolk, Va. I went into the grocery store to buy chicken livers to go catfishing with. She was the cashier. She had just turned 16 and I was 19. What a scandal in our small town. That was Feb.11,1984 @ 18:25. Together ever since. Married Aug 86'. Thankful every day for her. She has saved me from myself many times.
My admin assistant

The classic cliche'
I married my secretary.
I was at a country-western club doing free dance lessons when a woman came up to me at the bar and asked me how tall I was. I responded 6'4" . She asked if I would like to be picked up by a bunch of tall women. I said "lead on".

I found out that they were from a local chapter of Tall Clubs International. I went to a few functions and met my wife (who is also 6'4" ) when she answered the door at a party at someone elses house. We didn't click immediately but it wasn't long. We have been together for 32 years.
Me and my homies was out, i asked her if she smoked.

My sister set up a blind date when I was coming home for a visit in October. I lived 500 miles away. We were engaged in December and married in February. Still get piss quivers when I think about it but it's been 35 years so I guess it was the right thing.
Was a student worker on campus a week before classes started - doing some plumbing. A very bright, cute, charming little auburn haired young lady - whom I barely knew - approached, smiled and told me that her sorority was having a Sadie Hawkins hayride and she was obliged to invite her date. She did. Good move. 64 year hayride.
Climbing a ladder up to the Haymow...(10yo).... my dad just bought hay from her dad ... dated in school at 16..... married 40 years this Sunday
At college 1976. I was a senior and she was a freshman. I was driving my turquoise 57 Chevy pickup. I spotted a nice 65 Mustang convertible in the parking lot and did a drive by to look at it, she was sitting there with a flat tire. I asked to help her and she just tried to get rid of me thinking I was some kind of bumpkin, but there was no way I was driving off with that Mustang that needed my help. I changed the tire, got her name and number and stalked her until she went out with me. It took off from there.
High school sweet hearts, met when we were 13, started dating late 15's, steadys 16, married @ 22.

Married for 35 years, this last May, been together, approaching 42 !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She's a keeper !
At church when we were 13 yrs old. Married 5 yrs later. still together after 48 yrs.
At a Jr. High swim meet……through our daughter’s! memtb
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
High school sweet hearts, met when we were 13, started dating late 15's, steadys 16, married @ 22.

Married for 35 years, this last May, been together, approaching 42 !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She's a keeper !
Paul. and Deb, are the real deal, good folks.
My Mom told me about her. I called her a couple of times and she wouldn't agree to meet. I went to her office and introduced myself. We have been married 30 years.
My Lovely Bride of coming 56 years young were married on new Years Eve 1967.
I was a first year principal at an elementary school. My secretary quit as she was having back surgery and dealing with a 19 year old invalid son. The district had budget cuts and she was transferred into the secretary position. She was beautiful and still is. We were both in bad marriages and we fell for each other. We married the day after her divorce became final. Her family fully accepted me it’s been 43 years. She is a 2X breast cancer survivor and I was her caregiver. Covid caught me in 2020 and she has been my caregiver as I regain my health and use of my prosthesis. I was completely bedridden and totally dependent upon others for my care and well being. We have 3 sons, his, hers and ours; all are ours and always have been. Been blessed by 4 grandkids; 3 girls and 1 boy. She is a Christian and led me by example to become a Christian also. Not afraid to die, been very close many times over the last 4 years. By all rights, I should not be alive. Multiple doctors have told me this. Dying is easy, (when you’ve made preparations for the hereafter), living is hard! Your soul will live forever and you have a choice in the matter. Take care of your spiritual health and that of your family and you can conquer death as Christ did. Ive had 2 OBEs and 2 chances to go to the light but turned back. The first time my 9 year son needed me and more recently,my wife. 7
Met mine in 8th grade. I was dating her best friend and she was always the 3rd wheel. We couldn’t stand each other! Something changed a few years later and we became really good friends. Once we crossed the line from fronds to something more we
couldn’t get enough of each other. We were still young and both tried hard to mess it up but it was just meant to be. It will be our 30th anniversary this summer. We dated mostly on and sometimes off for the better part of 9 years before tying the knot. We were also married for 9 years before starting a family so were able to travel the world a good bit together. There are no guarantees you get your golden years together so we made sure to get some bucket list places in before kids became our primary focus.

I’ve had my fair share of good fortune in life but she’s the very best of it.
Still waiting.
Met my ex-wife in high school.
Kindergarten.
Started dating when we were 19.
God used her to get my attention.
2 sons, been married 27 years.
She amazes me everyday.
Told my wife this week my cancer was back

She says, well ya wanna know how my day went? i had the board of dentistry standing over me all day

Womerns are a screwed up bunch

Pfft
We first met when I was a first year teacher's assistant and she was in the eighth grade. I recognized that she was the best kid in the class, but that was it. Five years later my cousin's girlfriend set us up for a date. One kiss and I was a goner. Three years later we were married. Forty-four years later I still think she is the best thing to happen in my life.
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Back in the dark days before the internet, there were personal ads in the back of the regional farm magazines.
She listed, I called and left a message.
When we met, I took one look at her while the bells rang and the birds sang and I went woo-hoo.
That was over twenty five years ago.

Same here (1994) but it was the Sunday paper.

29 years.

P
© 24hourcampfire