Home
This dog fills my heart with joy. This is our 9th Christmas together, so she knows she's getting new toys. She wanted to help Laurie open her gift. Then it came her turn. The intensity in her eyes is a treat to behold.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A good dog is a blessing Paul.

Merry Christmas!
Haha! Great pictures!
Very nice
Our's is the same.What a joy she is to us
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
A good dog is a blessing Paul.

Merry Christmas!

They truly are. Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
Thanks. What a nice message, and a good doggy. Yes - intensity is those eyes.

Here, this is our 64th Christmas together - my wife has that same look in her eyes this morning.

All is well.
Our dogs are the only ones getting a wrapped present here today!

As it should be! smile

Merry Christmas, Paul!
Ted and Dolly know Christmas is coming.

Presents? Every year, we give gifts to the dogs. This pair are facing their second Christmas. It has not really caught hold with them yet.

Years ago, the family had two poodles. Those dogs knew Christmas was coming in a big way. As soon as the presents were laid under the tree, they'd find their pile and stake it out. You'd hear growling from opposite sides of the tree for hours as they bickered. When Christmas dinner was over, we'd start giving out presents. The dogs came first. All we had to do was tell them it was time, and they'd rip open the tissue paper and go to town. The older poodle always had some trinket that she'd treasure beyond all others. One year, it was a squeaky Santa. She and the toy were inseparable for months. Then one day, she'd rip it to shreds in a matter of an hour or so. One year, she carried a valentine card around until summer. The other dog was more into cuddle toys and blankets. Both loved big soup bones.
we would offer its better than having a kid on Christmas morning. but thats just us.

merry Christmas
Training Treats here...

The dogs love them...

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Training Treats here...

The dogs love them...

lolololol
Good one Cash........
Check the Glock and grab a shotgun !

Big fun Paul
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Training Treats here...

The dogs love them...

LMAO!!

Our dogs are the same way Paul. It really is fun to watch them.
Dixie Dawg does the same thing and is spoiled as bad as yours, Paul. She'd prefer a dead squirrel or box turtle to play with, but settles for a squeak toy.

[Linked Image from thesixgunjournal.net]

Osky.
Originally Posted by shaman
Ted and Dolly know Christmas is coming.

Presents? Every year, we give gifts to the dogs. This pair are facing their second Christmas. It has not really caught hold with them yet.

Years ago, the family had two poodles. Those dogs knew Christmas was coming in a big way. As soon as the presents were laid under the tree, they'd find their pile and stake it out. You'd hear growling from opposite sides of the tree for hours as they bickered. When Christmas dinner was over, we'd start giving out presents. The dogs came first. All we had to do was tell them it was time, and they'd rip open the tissue paper and go to town. The older poodle always had some trinket that she'd treasure beyond all others. One year, it was a squeaky Santa. She and the toy were inseparable for months. Then one day, she'd rip it to shreds in a matter of an hour or so. One year, she carried a valentine card around until summer. The other dog was more into cuddle toys and blankets. Both loved big soup bones.

Great story!
No dogs around here at this time, gonna have to be a cat's Christmas lol.
Merry Christmas Paul and fire friends!
Great pics Paul, Merry Christmas
we had a dog that like peanut brittle. My Mom would make peanut brittle for Christmas. When ever someone at peanut brittle he would sit om the floor in front of them and growl. Only time he growd at us.
They knowπŸ˜ƒ
Labradors are wonderful creatures. More human than a lot of humans.
Originally Posted by rost495
we would offer its better than having a kid on Christmas morning. but thats just us.

merry Christmas

Its not just you...
Our last dog was a Golden Retriever who we had for 14 years. Dusty would take a wrapped treat like a MilkBone and delicately pick the paper off with his front teeth. It was as if he didn't want to damage what was inside the wrapping. The family still misses him.

Jim
Originally Posted by ingwe

merry Christmas

Its not just you...

They'll teach us lessons in how to be better people if we'll pay attention.
Agreed Paul. I can only add that dogs aren't our whole lives but they make our lives whole! Thanks for sharing those pics!
We are fortunate to have Labs or Aussies as neighbor dogs, up & down our mile of dirt road. They show up regularly, run & play with ours and get treated as guests. We have learned to keep the bowl of dog food on the enclosed back porch.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ingwe

merry Christmas

Its not just you...

They'll teach us lessons in how to be better people if we'll pay attention.
they are that too. and teach us when to nip others if we listen too.
We had to lock our lab in his crate last night. Dang dog opens the presents at night and he had done enough damage for the season.

It is kinda fun to see the wife come down and flip out because the dog opened 3 or 4 presents. MIL bought the kids fancy chocolate that got ate.
Great post Paul and you others

Our boys get theirs sometime this week when the box from Chewy's arrives with the regular food shipment.

I imagine squeakers and fuzzy guts will be removed within minutes
Hah! That cracked me up!

Nice pics.
Originally Posted by SargeMO
We are fortunate to have Labs or Aussies as neighbor dogs, up & down our mile of dirt road. They show up regularly, run & play with ours and get treated as guests. We have learned to keep the bowl of dog food on the enclosed back porch.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Ditto here.

Good to know I'm not the only one with free ranging K9's departing and arriving daily.

All welcomed and well behaved.
Our Lab Grizzly (acquired 3rd hand at 2yo) loved Christmas. One year after he got his 2 toys, we kept re-wrapping the boxes with used paper and giving them back. We re=wrapped about as fast as he could "open" them. He opened over a dozen "presents" that year- THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !!!

Like a kid who prefers playing with the box than the contents. smile

That's a DAWG you have there Paul!
Originally Posted by las
Our Lab Grizzly (acquired 3rd hand at 2yo) loved Christmas. One year after he got his 2 toys, we kept re-wrapping the boxes with used paper and giving them back. We re=wrapped about as fast as he could "open" them. He opened over a dozen "presents" that year- THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !!!

Like a kid who prefers playing with the box than the contents. smile

That's a DAWG you have there Paul!

Love all these dog stories coming in. They are family members.

Not a day goes by that this dog doesn't make me laugh or smile.
Every day is Christmas for our critters.
Wife and I really enjoyed your photos, Paul.

Today is our Henry's first Christmas and, yeah, he had presents to unwrap. Chewed an ear off of his squeaky bear already!
Off course, there part of the family !!!! Same here, since I was 5 or 6 probably. GWPGUY. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
I took 2 large milk bones and wrapped them up in Christmas paper twisted the ends up laid it out on the living room floor. My 7 month old lab pup sniffed it once picked it up and went to her dog bed wrapping lasted 2-3 seconds. Merry Christmas to all. Mb
© 24hourcampfire