Home
Posted By: shrapnel Country Music… - 12/30/23
has the same theme about trains, momma and jail.

I just noticed, while watching a thriller on Netflix, that all these movies are the same. They need a magnetic bomb with a red blinking light, women that can beat up even the toughest man, and someone is always calling Langley for inside information…
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
I haven't heard any "country " music in many years

There's been pop, and top 40 and even rap
labled as " country " music, but you won't
hear or see any real country music on the
radio or television without seeking out some
specialized something or other

Sure won't see it on what's labled as the
Opry or CMA award shows or any "news "
program
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
It takes more than a cowboy hat to make country music…
Posted By: hanco Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Red dirt country is as close it gets to the old country music
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Country Music no longer exists. The radio stations and DJs wouldn’t know a country song if it walked up and bled all over them.
If you appreciate real Country, you either listen to Willies Roadhouse on XN, or like me, you got a pile of CDs of your favorite artists and songs.
There are at least half dozen FM stations that play classic rock (90s and previous) on my dial.
Not one of the country stations do, unless maybe for an hour on Sunday or something.
What the heck are you watching, Shrapnel?
I just got done watching the “Cavalry Trilogy” of Duke and John Ford. Modern movies impress me even less than modern country music!🤬
Reon
Posted By: ironbender Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
It takes more than a cowboy hat to make country music…

Great sig line material.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: Jerry_Lundegaard Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
If you appreciate real Country, you either listen to Willies Roadhouse on XN

Check out Country Classics Mix on the XM app. Old school country from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. Good stuff! It’s only on the app, but you can Bluetooth it anywhere.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23

I prefer the “Western” in country-western music
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Country Music no longer exists. The radio stations and DJs wouldn’t know a country song if it walked up and bled all over them.
If you appreciate real Country, you either listen to Willies Roadhouse on XN, or like me, you got a pile of CDs of your favorite artists and songs.
There are at least half dozen FM stations that play classic rock (90s and previous) on my dial.
Not one of the country stations do, unless maybe for an hour on Sunday or something.
I just got done watching the “Cavalry Trilogy” of Duke and John Ford. Modern movies impress me even less than modern country music!🤬
Reon

Or you use the device you used to post this reply to listen to the dozens of new and not so new artists that are cranking out new music that fits that bill every day
Posted By: LBP Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
There’s still some real county music, you just gotta know where to look!

Posted By: 007FJ Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Reon
94.9 Gumbo out of Houma LA is still country. Mix in a little oldies on Saturday Mornings and Zydeco on Sunday but so good that I downloaded their app so I could listen to it here when I wasn’t working in Pierre Part.

Probably the best station left in the US to be honest. Friend of mine claims the little one in Meyersville TX is like that too but I can’t pick that one up over here.
Posted By: Dons99 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
I prefer the “Western” in country-western music[/quote]

+1
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
I have been known to set up late on weekends listening to Ernest Tubb or Faron Young and such on YouTube!
My nephew listens to history blogs in his car through Bluetooth, but I’m a technophobe and cell phones and YouTube are as far as I venture into the 21st century!😀
Reon
Posted By: bpas105 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Too many mama's didn't listen to Waylon, and they let their cowboys grow up to be babies.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
I got a good lesson yesterday at a museum in Bristol about the Bristol Session Recordings in 1927/1928. This is where country music began.

If you’re a fan of country music and ever up that way, it’s worth a look.

You might try a little bluegrass and see how that suits you. There are many groups still making good music in that genre. My buddy’s son fronts a band called Authentic Unlimited. They are very talented. I got to see them make their Opry debut about a month ago.

Just because it isn’t on the radio doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by LBP

I like him, thanks!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
has the same theme about trains, momma and jail.

I just noticed, while watching a thriller on Netflix, that all these movies are the same. They need a magnetic bomb with a red blinking light, women that can beat up even the toughest man, and someone is always calling Langley for inside information…

And here I was thinking this was a thread about certain types of movies while everyone else is talking about country music.
Posted By: LBP Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Originally Posted by LBP

I like him, thanks!
Yes Sir
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
I use Pandora music service to keep an ear out for real Country Music. Lord knows I have tried to listen to the current crap on the radio, but can't get through an entire song. Sounds too much like rap and pop music. Probably because that is what modern country music is.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
XM radio in our vehicles, Willies roadhouse most of the time outlaw country, bluegrass

I truly miss real country music
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Only time I’ll turn on the radio ( over the air) is to listen to Garden Mama on saturdays on SupertalkMS.
(Even that can be streamed through the supertalk app)

Any other time its apple music or a podcast.

Its too easy to listen to exactly what you want to now days…
Originally Posted by LBP

He is gonna be at the dancehall we frequent on February 10th. I’ve seen him a dozen times, always good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by hanco
I think I saw that in a movie
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
   
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Broadcasting from the Big Ranch Country of West Texas

Our vision is to preserve and promote the Authentic American Cowboy way of life.

click to listen to the audio stream:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://americancowboyradio.com/

[Linked Image from iwesternmusic.org]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by slumlord

Only country music if he played on Hee-Haw..
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Red dirt country is as close it gets to the old country music
Willie's Roadhouse. Channel 61 on Satellite radio.

kwg
Posted By: slumlord Re: Country Music… - 12/30/23
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23

Fugg that puke on the right. Fugged over single friend and woman that ever gave [bleep] about him. Never cared for his music, either.

Now, the guy on the left. I'll listen to him any time.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Fugg that puke on the right. Fugged over single friend and woman that ever gave [bleep] about him. Never cared for his music, either.
Never was a fan of Willie other than a songwriter. (gotta give him credit for several favorites)🤬
Waylon is as much part of me as Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline.
Like I said every time we get on this subject, I grew up on Loretta and Conway and the rest in the 70s and early 80s.
Maybe I’m trying to regress, but I still love listening to and singing (if nobody’s listening) along with what I now consider “very dear friends”!😀
I just wish the freaking CMA and the radio stations would get a freaking clue.
Like I said, 6 classic rock stations, it not on single classic Country!🤬
About 12 years ago, I was invited to a niece’s wedding. She raises horses, and competed in the races around the corrals. (I ain’t a cowboy, just a Western fan😀)
I was one of the few people there not wearing a cowboy hat and boots!
As I usually do when there a party with a DJ, I get a pitcher and a couple glasses and make friends.😀
Wasn’t too long before I had Garth and Swift replaced by Cash, Loretta, Waylon and Patsy!😀
From the reaction of the cowboy hat wearing kids, you’d have thought I set off a bomb!!!😀😀😀
Reon
Posted By: gunzo Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
I don't know man, a guy that don't like SRV starting a music thread? A little bit out of his field expertise maybe.

But yeah, most country sucks.

Did you know the filters won't accept c u n t r y?
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Our local high school has an FM station that except for broadcasts of the school's basketball/football games runs a feed of real country music, none more recent than around 1970. It's a pleasure to listen to, but fades out beyond the county....
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23

Yep. Fugg the Commie Libertard POS Willie. 😡

There will never be another like Ole Waylon !
He knew what REAL Country Music was.

[video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Our local high school has an FM station that except for broadcasts of the school's basketball/football games runs a feed of real country music, none more recent than around 1970. It's a pleasure to listen to, but fades out beyond the county....

We’ve still got a small CM FM Station like that here. It’s the only one I listen to in the pickup.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Never was a fan of Willie other than a songwriter. (gotta give him credit for several favorites)🤬
Waylon is as much part of me as Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline.
Like I said every time we get on this subject, I grew up on Loretta and Conway and the rest in the 70s and early 80s.
Maybe I’m trying to regress, but I still love listening to and singing (if nobody’s listening) along with what I now consider “very dear friends”!😀
I just wish the freaking CMA and the radio stations would get a freaking clue.
Like I said, 6 classic rock stations, it not on single classic Country!🤬
About 12 years ago, I was invited to a niece’s wedding. She raises horses, and competed in the races around the corrals. (I ain’t a cowboy, just a Western fan😀)
I was one of the few people there not wearing a cowboy hat and boots!
As I usually do when there a party with a DJ, I get a pitcher and a couple glasses and make friends.😀
Wasn’t too long before I had Garth and Swift replaced by Cash, Loretta, Waylon and Patsy!😀
From the reaction of the cowboy hat wearing kids, you’d have thought I set off a bomb!!!😀😀😀
Reon

Haha. Nice work at the party. LOL. 😂
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Bluegrass'll never die.

Posted By: bcolorado Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Grandma taught us to sing in har.....mo.....knee.....
(DAC)
Uncle Jim would play the fiddle and slap his knee...
(DAC)
Posted By: carrollco Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
My brother was an avid Outlaw music fan. We woke up every morning to Orange Blossom Special by Johnny Cash. He had a junior college roommate from Friars Point Mississippi near, Clarksdale. They hung out at a supper club at Moon Lake run by Conway’s dad. You never knew who would show up in the wee hours of the morning there. He’s rubbed shoulders with Conway Twitty, Jerry Lee Lewis, and others. I hate the pop but still appreciate some of the performer/songwriters like Chris Stapleton and Jamey Johnson as well as bluegrass. Nashville lost me when Olivia Newton John won CMA female vocalist of the year, way back when.
Posted By: hanco Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
If we make it through December.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23

Is this country enough for ya? This little gal is a fireball live!!!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Posted By: Chisos Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23

If you forgot to put both visors down in your truck, you'd wind up with a Gilleys sticker on your bumper that took a sandblaster to remove.
Posted By: Jerry_Lundegaard Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
If you lived in the Phoenix metro or anywhere in Arizona, Mr Lucky’s was the place to be for country music entertainment. Place was legendary!

Posted By: Dubiedog Re: Country Music… - 12/31/23
Achy Breaky Heart by that Silly Gay Virus dude is the song that ended my listening to country music.
© 24hourcampfire