Home
GOD BLESS ANDREW JACKSON!!

AND GOD BLESS THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
He was my favorite president.
Who knew you could shoot cannonballs out of an alligator?
Apparently Johnny Horton thought so
We could use a another President like Emanuel Again.

Hahahaha Hahahaha
May he grace the face of my twennies forever!!
He was a pistol. I don't think he did everything right, but I think he did some very bold things that were right...kinda reminds me of someone else we had in the oval office recently and who I hope will sit behind the desk again in about a year.
It's a shame really.

Never taught a bit about in school.

Maybe they did in other places.
A good book on the man is still "The Life of Andrew Jackson" vols I & II. by Marquis James. No PC bull caca.
History Channel Battle of New Orleans
My parents planned it so I would share a birthday with Andy Jackson. In a moment of rare candor, I must admit, I have fallen somewhat short of their expectations. But, it's also Millard Fillmore's birthday, perhaps that's what they had in mind.
Ole Hickory was not the sort you'd want to piss off!!
Our little merry band of reenactors choose not to attend this year as a unit. Lots going on. Maybe next year.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's a shame really.

Never taught a bit about in school.

Maybe they did in other places.

I don't remember being taught much about the War of 1812 either. I did a little reading about it last year when I visited New Orleans and the Chalmette Battlefield. Had the British not been defeated at New Orleans, they might have negated the Louisiana Purchase and greatly changed the western expansion of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_New_Orleans

Jerry
Other things you probably weren’t taught in school. XYZ affair, quasi war with France, war of Jenkin’s ear, and Spanish agent #13.

Oops. Forgot to mention the Spanish alliance under Governor Miro with American settlers in the Cumberland valley
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My parents planned it so I would share a birthday with Andy Jackson. In a moment of rare candor, I must admit, I have fallen somewhat short of their expectations. But, it's also Millard Fillmore's birthday, perhaps that's what they had in mind.

Well Happy Birthday Flintlocke! Maybe it be a good one, and may the Good Lord have you on his schedule for experiencing many more....

I passed by Andy Jackson's Homestead there in Tennessee about 10 days or so ago, on the way home back to Oregon.

Would have stopped and paid my respects If I'd have known this fact.

I like traveling in rural Tennessee, but the interstates aren't the peaceful roads they use to be. Found myself pulling off and traveling on some of the old US Routes, like good old US 70.
Andy, and Davey got into it over Indian policy.
I think, the first log cabin president.
My grandfather i never met ( passed before i was born )

First and middle name was Andrew Jackson
Thanks Seafire....you sure didn't miss anything around here on your trip east. I don't know how bad the fog was this past few weeks in the Applegate...but in the Scott Valley it's been endless. We went to stock up at Taylor's in Cave Junction just before Christmas, 148 miles of fog driving.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Other things you probably weren’t taught in school. XYZ affair, quasi war with France, war of Jenkin’s ear, and Spanish agent #13.

Oops. Forgot to mention the Spanish alliance under Governor Miro with American settlers in the Cumberland valley
The nuns tried to teach us well, but even they didn't teach us all a that.

Why ain't you teaching History Bob? Oh, that's right, schools think it's more important to teach about feelin's an stuff, even STEM stuff could use a bit of History to show the importance of those disciplines.
© 24hourcampfire