Home
I mean the real way, not just standing them up and knocking them over. I'm not looking for instructions, just wondering if anyone actually plays.
Not since I was a kid at grandparents house with all the cousins. Lots of fun back then. Can't remember the rules. Google?.... Joe
No

Saw it played in the .mil but I was only cool enough to play spades with the guys, not bones.
Used to play Mexican Train. Been a few years and I'd have to look it up to remember the details.
yes
I don’t know any Bleck folks less I could get lessons. They play on the tables outside the foodbank next to the United Healthscam lady’s tent.

I never learned all of that backgammon, shuffleboard, othello.

Pretty good at Connect Four, Hungry Hippos.
yes.

Still play it. Mostly with family on major holidays....
Yep. Very simple. I'm sure there's a youtube video on how to play.

Hell, I tried to write out the instructions. Just watch a video.
Don't play standard dominoes, but we play "42" a lot.
We play mesican train. Don't know any other the others
There's a few different games. Older people in my family play one. 4 people pair up , sit across from each other. Mix up the dominoes, everyone takes 7 . You bid on what you think you can make, whoever has double 6 gets first bid. Been a while for me .
We also play Mexican train with the kids & grandkids.
Yes. We only play “Count” dominos, no beans or trains or double 16s or any of that other stuff. Long time family tradition, Gramps has a dominoes on his headstone.
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Don't play standard dominoes, but we play "42" a lot.

We play 42 and Moon for 5 bucks a game, 5 bucks a hickey.
Y'all need some cribbage.
Bring on the "42" for nearly everyone in my family at get to gathers.
but Moon at the pool hall for money!
X
Love 42 but few people east or north of Texas know how to play . Most play moon..a game divest of strategy. My Okie deer camp plays dominoes and that’s okay.

I think the feed&service station store dominoe tables have disappeared .
We play chicken. Not sure if that’s regular dominoes or not.

Clyde
We grew up playing count, played moon and 42 in football dorm in college tell late in the night, played at deer lease too, I sure miss it , more fun then cards ever were.
Yeah
3 games night before last at a neighbor's
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I mean the real way, not just standing them up and knocking them over. I'm not looking for instructions, just wondering if anyone actually plays.

3 games night before last at a neighbor's. Dunno which of the umpteen dominoes games it was, tho.

Everyone has different rules anyway.
Played count with family when young, now it's moon or 42 for a few bucks. 42 tournaments are popular over here.
Mexican Train but it's been a long time. Lately the grandkids like to play the card game "31".
Grew up playing 42 with grandparents, cousins, etc. Haven't played in probably 25 years, but many fond memories though I don't remember how to play it now.
My Okie side of the family plays 42….. I have a version of it (app) on my phone but you’re partner is the computer and it ain’t the same….. lots of strategy…. My dad and uncles are damn good lol.
i play count everyday, 42 three times a week. we play count instead of watching tv

got a mesquite domino table in the living room and one in the shop.
Nope. Was never a fan of "games".
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Grew up playing 42 with grandparents, cousins, etc. Haven't played in probably 25 years, but many fond memories though I don't remember how to play it now.

^^^This^^^
Played all the time growing up. It’s been about 10 years though, since I’m the oldest left in my family.
None of the younger generations are interested in it.
It would actually require them to have to think. 🤪

My kinfolk used to get pissed at me for bidding “ nellow”, because I usually won it every time. 😂
How to play "Domino's"!

Call 'em and tell 'em you want 52 🍕 pizza's and you'll be there in 15 minutes! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

OH! Dominoes! Not Domino's!

Grew up playing at our camp when I was about 5 or 6!
We played Muggins, 42, Mexican dominoes and Moon.
Mexican train and chicken foot. My grandparents lived in the sticks we had to twist the antenna pole to get hee haw on tv other than that and the news we played games. Poker ,rummy, canasta,checkers and dang monopoly that my dad or grandad always won. Best times ever besides the hunting and fishing.
Somebody tell me how to play 42.

I'll probably regret this question.
Learned the first Christmas after getting married.

First time i met her folks and her Uncle thought he found a mark.

I did learn to play 48 and Nello but that was years ago and her Uncle was my favorite.

Have not played since.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Somebody tell me how to play 42.

I'll probably regret this question.

Can you play "Spades" with cards?

42 is akin to Spades other than the trumps are called by the bid winner of each hand.
You're right. Probably best find some 42 players and learn from them.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

^^^This^^^
Played all the time growing up. It’s been about 10 years though, since I’m the oldest left in my family.
None of the younger generations are interested in it.
It would actually require them to have to think. 🤪

My kinfolk used to get pissed at me for bidding “ nellow”, because I usually won it every time. 😂

Yeah, the old folks in my family don't play "nellow" or "sevens" in 42. I remember 42 tournaments at the family reunions, tables set up all over the place. I love playing, but doesn't seem like anyone under 50 knows how to play. Difference between the video game generation and cards, board games, domino generation I guess. Kind of sad. I remember as a kid sitting there watching the older men in the family playing and being enamored with the stories they would tell while playing. Lots of laughter. Fond memories.

I bet it wouldn’t take a minute to remember if you started playing again
Yes. Lots of older folks here and there still seem to play, and young kids seem to really like it once initiated. But, there are SO MANY versions - we can play a few but I don't know most those names listed above. The games with lots of dominoes and long strings or runs seem not as challenging. We like the one that enables scoring with the sum or multiples of "5".
RS308MX: Indeed I played "Domino's" a LOT when I was a child and a teenager.
I still have a set of Domino's somewhere. Probably should try to get the VarmintGrandChildren to put down their I-Phones and learn the game?
I enjoyed it.
I think the Asian folks have a game similar to Domino's and they play it for money - BIG money, sometimes (see "Wah-Mee Massacre").
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire