Home
Relative decided to honor a crash site with a flag. A4? F4? they told me but I can't remember.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And there's big spiders out there too:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Some weird stuff out there.

Enjoy!
My relative is a bit of a desert rat. Always seems to run across oddball stuff (odd for us normal folks, not for desert hermits that made it)
Sand, cactus?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sand, cactus?

Cacti*

Should go visit Wabi...you could walk on artic tundra in AZ.

Scary
We have a couple of notable crash sites in the Central Oregon desert, Christmas Valley area.

P-38 Lightning, went down in 1945

A-6 Intruder, went down in 1973

There's a B-24 in the Steens too, I think.

One of these days I'm gonna take a few days and camp out in Christmas Valley and hike out to the P-38 and A-6. From what I've read, the debris field from the Intruder is quite a large area and takes a bit more looking.

Not much in the way of cactuses though.
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
We have a couple of notable crash sites in the Central Oregon desert, Christmas Valley area.

P-38 Lightning, went down in 1945

A-6 Intruder, went down in 1973

There's a B-24 in the Steens too, I think.

One of these days I'm gonna take a few days and camp out in Christmas Valley and hike out to the P-38 and A-6. From what I've read, the debris field from the Intruder is quite a large area and takes a bit more looking.

Not much in the way of cactuses though.

Sort of related, recall the WW2 Japanese balloon bomb that killed 6 near Bly, Oregon in Klamath County.
And the Oregon desert certainly does have cactus! I know.. not like Arizona, but still..
FIREWORKS! Reporter Asks Hunter Biden What Kind of Crack He Smokes After He Storms Out Congressional Hearing
www.thegatewaypundit.com

Might find Hunter Biden Cooking Meth in the AZ desert....
A B52 north of Riley Or. Early low level flight test.
I love the desert. Some buddies and I go up to Nevada every couple of years and bum around.
Hard to tell but it kinda looks like one side of the horizontal stabilator of an F-4.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Hard to tell but it kinda looks like one side of the horizontal stabilator of an F-4.
you are probably correct as I believe that's what my relative told me, but that was awhile ago.
I had a father in law that made saguaro skeleton furniture. He was a prickly sort of guy.
Used to find old whiskey bottles up in the northern desert of Nevada. A few brought in some goodly amounts of coin too. I did a day ike up to where the posse and Wild Buch shot it out after robbing the bank in Winnemcca. Struck a good one as i found an 1899 Savage in .303 savage. Still had ammo in the magazine. Metal was in remarkably good shape but the wood was literally all gone. The gun was a take down model. I like the .303 Savage BTW but AFAIK, Winchester is the only one making any and runs are very few and very very far apart. I run a 190 gr. cast bullet in the 30-30 load to about 1900 PS which make it a clone of the .303 Sav. The Arizona desert is a whole different class of landscape.
PJ
© 24hourcampfire