Home
Posted By: 700LTR Saban - 01/10/24
Coach Saban has retired. Sad day for college football.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Damn that sucks

Best ever
Posted By: Txtrpr Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Not sad for us LSU fans...lol
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Retired as Alabama head coach. Not from football.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by Txtrpr

LSU didn't know when they had a good thing and then bitched about letting him go but mainly because he whipped their asses on a very regular basis!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Saban - 01/10/24
I can’t believe that. They will hire Jim Harbaugh
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Saban - 01/10/24
His tide went out. Now they'll be the Tusca-losers.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Thanks Coach; you gave us a great run.
Enjoy your life; you earned it!
ROLL TIDE!!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Probably done with the NIL and Portal madness.

College football is a whole different animal these days.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Saban - 01/10/24
I saw Saban jogging with Tom Izzo along the Red Cedar River quite a bit during my MSU days before Saban became a huge nationally recognized name. Izzo was already nationally well known at that time.

Saban was a great recruiter and great at bringing in talented assistant coaches even at MSU while living under the UM shadow.
Posted By: memtb Re: Saban - 01/10/24
MadMooner, you’re probably dead-on correct on that. memtb
Posted By: Teal Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Lane Kiffen, paging Lane Kiffen, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Lane Kiffen.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Saban - 01/10/24
The GOAT.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Lying pos. I piss on him. Good riddance.
Who wants to fill those shoes?
Sark?
Lane Kitty?
Dan Lanning?

Who knows.
Posted By: Muddinmetal Re: Saban - 01/10/24
It's past time. He became soft and uninterested in the last 4 years.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Sark?
Lane Kitty?
Dan Lanning?

Who knows.

I would think Lanning would be #1 target for Bama.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Saban - 01/10/24
ODed on two doses of Smart and one of Harbaugh..

Bye now.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Saban - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by GeoW

Bye now.

Goat 5; Kirby 1
Think about this - the (possible) land rush of Alabama football talent to hit the transfer portal in the next 30 days.

Could be WILD for other teams.

ETA - you got kids leaving Bama because Nick is gone. You got kids leaving X because their coach left to replace Nick. What happens to NIL money? I'm sure some of that was contingent on the "star" that player would be under Nick and Bama's position in CFB as Tier 1 program. If the perception that the next coach doesn't maintain that - do those NIL contracts change? Do those kids bolt for the money elsewhere under a different coach and expectation?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Teal
Think about this - the (possible) land rush of Alabama football talent to hit the transfer portal in the next 30 days.

ETA - you got kids leaving Bama because Nick is gone. You got kids leaving X because their coach left to replace Nick. What happens to NIL money? I'm sure some of that was contingent on the "star" that player would be under Nick and Bama's position in CFB as Tier 1 program. If the perception that the next coach doesn't maintain that - do those NIL contracts change? Do those kids bolt for the money elsewhere under a different coach and expectation?

Portal closed until April
Posted By: Teal Re: Saban - 01/11/24

I was under the impression they have 30 days to enter now due to Saban's leaving. Coach leaves type of thing, not normal portal ops.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Wonder if Aflac will drop him too.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Saban - 01/11/24

I was under the impression they have 30 days to enter now due to Saban's leaving. Coach leaves type of thing, not normal portal ops.
Correct
Posted By: helenaman Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Bye bitch. He can’t cheat anymore. Maybe bammer will fall back in the dulldrums they were inthe mid 90’s. I can’t stand his whiny ass
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by helenaman
Bye bitch. He can’t cheat anymore. Maybe bammer will fall back in the dulldrums they were inthe mid 90’s. I can’t stand his whiny ass

You must be for aubarn.
Posted By: Direct_Drive Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by MadMooner

This ^^^
Plus he probably wants to spend more time with his family.
Sark?
Lane Kitty?
Dan Lanning?

Who knows.
Riverboat Dan Lanning would be tripping on his dick and driving the Bama fans crazy with his 4th down gambling.

Sark and Kiffen have both fled programs in the middle of the night so there's that.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Call up Urban Meyer and back up the Brinks truck.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Saban - 01/11/24
As a Georgia fan, Saban schit on a few of my game days.

Gotta give the man credit though. He is a hell of a coach and clearly knows how to win. He’s the GOAT of college coaches.
Posted By: helenaman Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by 700LTR

You must be for aubarn.

Correct. Class of 97.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Saban - 01/11/24
They'll put the hard sale on Dabo - he's one of their star alumnae
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Oh well.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

This ^^^

His name on an Epstein list?
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Good
Dabo just signed a contract that nearly matches what Saban was getting paid.

Not sure he’d leave what he has at Clemson to jump into the schit show the SEC is set to become.

Who knows though. He seems like a good fit from my outside perspective. 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by 700LTR

You must be for aubarn.
Did you guess that because he can read or were there other reasons?

Saban was the leader of SEC crootin. He knew the jig was up when everyone could pay the best players to come to their school. He's another John Wooden, a great coach willing to buy the players he needs.
Posted By: shootem Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Lane Kiffen, paging Lane Kiffen, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Lane Kiffen.

Lane Kiffin will be IS the next Amazin’ Coach. He has the genes, he has the talent, and he got his PHD from Saban U. Lots of unpaid commentators hate him for living life and taking advantage of opportunity when and where from it came. Get over it if those are your toes I crunched. If U of A does not pursue him at the same investment level under which Nick Saban was held, they are little more than dunces. This from someone who got over NCAAFB when wokeism hit campus. The tea leaves are obvious.

The big dread for Alabama is that the Elders will refute his morals and standards then refuse this opportunity. If they do LK will take special delight in trouncing their collective azzez at every opportunity. Even at Mississippi. Don’t take the Rebel family lightly. Lots of $$$$ in that alumnus. And if they can’t keep him another big dog will buy the farm. This is the full truth.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

This ^^^

His name on an Epstein list?
Go back to the Q thread.
The Loser's Paradise.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Gee sorry. It was a yoke.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

Bye now.

Goat 5; Kirby 1

LOL. Yep.

Ole Saint Nick will be living Rent Free in a bunch of other Team’s Alumni for YEARS. 😂

Too bad TAMU didn’t make Saban an $$$ offer he couldn’t refuse to move to College Station. 🥲
Posted By: flatfish11 Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Lying pos. I piss on him. Good riddance.
+1
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Saban - 01/11/24

My thoughts also.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by bamagun01

My thoughts also.

Yep, you could tell he was over dealing with all that mess.

You have to give the man respect though. He was the best and this coming from a lifelong Tennessee fan.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Fugk yeah
Posted By: SKane Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by hanco
I can’t believe that. They will hire Jim Harbaugh

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Posted By: Stammster Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Saban bought a big expensive house near Jupiter Florida last summer. The writing was on the wall that he was going to retire from coaching.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Saban - 01/11/24
When everybody can pay the players, winning becomes more difficult.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Saban knows what a lot of azzholes haven’t figured out; that the SEC is working overtime to do away with college sports as we have had in great past years! We’ve got to spoon feed the ‘lil darlings coming up today to give them the glory that they think they’re due!! Fugg ‘em all!
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Bingo
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Not a fan, but he was certainly an outstanding coach. Bummer for Alabama fans. I can remember how I felt when Appalachian lost Jerry Moore to retirement.
I'm hoping he or his wife aren't having health issues.

Regardless, they have a small income source on the side to live off of.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...n-deal-reportedly-worth-nearly-700m.html
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Well; he took the National Champs to overtime. 130 teams would take that??
Posted By: sse Re: Saban - 01/11/24
going out on a high note
Posted By: acy Re: Saban - 01/11/24
He has been a hell of a good coach. Don't blame him a bit for retiring. He isn't getting any younger. Enjoy the money now because someday he won't be able to.
Posted By: MMM Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Txtrpr

LSU didn't know when they had a good thing and then bitched about letting him go but mainly because he whipped their asses on a very regular basis!!

LSU did not "let Saban go." They absolutely knew what they had. Not a very informed take.

There was no way LSU could match the Dolphins' offer and the way Wayne Huizenga (may he rot in hell) rolled out the red carpet and private jets for him.

Skip Bertman tried everything he could to convince Saban to stay at LSU. It actually wasn't all about money. Nick Saban was eager to give the NFL a shot, his name was hot, he had his pick of the available jobs, and there was no talking him out of it, not even Skip. He had to scratch that itch.

Now that it's all over, and with 20/20 hindsight, what I wish could have happened is when LSU got wind Saban was coming back to college, they should have let Les Miles go and got Saban back to Baton Rouge. The Sabans liked BR and had a lot of friends there. He probably would have gone back.
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
They'll put the hard sale on Dabo - he's one of their star alumnae

I think Dabo has hosed his chances with his backwards thinking about NIL and the transfer portal. He's basically let the game pass him by...

I'd try to money whip Urban Meyer, he's still got a few years...If he said no then go after the Oregon or UDub coach...I think Sark and Kirby are off the table. Texas can match anything they could offer Sark and then some, and Georgia is Kirby's Alma Mater..
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Saban - 01/11/24

This - I think that he realizes just how completely they've f'ed up college football. Even with more money than Croesus available to buy whichever players he wanted, he didn't want to continue with the idiocy.
It apparently has to do with some health issues for Ms Terry. So sad.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Saban - 01/11/24
IMO, Alabama has been blessed to have the two best coaches to ever coach in college..........Bryant and Saban. Saban's only mistake this year was in thinking that Milroe could win him the championship. Saban could take a team with an average QB and win games, but he couldn't do it with a below average one like Milroe. I don't blame him or anyone for retiring, and I hope that Bama can get another good coach that will continue to dominate the SEC.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Saban - 01/11/24
He couldn't buy a better QB this time because it's now okay for everybody else to buy them.

Now that college ball is "NFL LITE" will we see a player draft from high school? Contracts, signing bonuses and all.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
He couldn't buy a better QB this time because it's now okay for everybody else to buy them.

Now that college ball is "NFL LITE" will we see a player draft from high school? Contracts, signing bonuses and all.

Exactly- money is ruining college football... along with all the ridiculous rules the NCAA seems to think are "improving the product"...
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Saban - 01/11/24
He kicked the schit out of my sooners every chance he had. If all yall don't think those head coaches in college football don't get their hand dirty, then you've lost touch with reality. Like it or not, he's everybody's daddy in the college football scheme. Bama played the worst game of their lives against Michigan and still should have beat them! Look for a "rebuilding year" and a buyout, and a gigantic contract. Whoever lands Tuscaloosa is gonna be a Forbes prospect. Georgia and LSU just hit the jackpot with Saban leaving. Lane Kiffin and Sark are the only people capable of that job right now and there ain't no way they'd leave the bird nest they've created. Winkon Wiley ain't got the sack for the Bama job, Harbaugh is set in stone, and Dabo is too play by the rules and down home for it as well. It's 6-6 or 7-5 for the tide. LSU and Texas is gonna whip some serious ass, and Georgia is on the down hill. Oklahoma will be 10-2, like always, and ol miss will contend. Saban wasn't afraid to cut nuts when he had to, sad day for Bama.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Saban - 01/11/24

Bye now.

Goat 5; Kirby 1

Actually was thinking about the last three Nattys.. 2 Kirby, 1 Harbaugh.
Originally Posted by Coyote10
He kicked the schit out of my sooners every chance he had. If all yall don't think those head coaches in college football don't get their hand dirty, then you've lost touch with reality. Like it or not, he's everybody's daddy in the college football scheme. Bama played the worst game of their lives against Michigan and still should have beat them! Look for a "rebuilding year" and a buyout, and a gigantic contract. Whoever lands Tuscaloosa is gonna be a Forbes prospect. Georgia and LSU just hit the jackpot with Saban leaving. Lane Kiffin and Sark are the only people capable of that job right now and there ain't no way they'd leave the bird nest they've created. Winkon Wiley ain't got the sack for the Bama job, Harbaugh is set in stone, and Dabo is too play by the rules and down home for it as well. It's 6-6 or 7-5 for the tide. LSU and Texas is gonna whip some serious ass, and Georgia is on the down hill. Oklahoma will be 10-2, like always, and ol miss will contend. Saban wasn't afraid to cut nuts when he had to, sad day for Bama.
Supposedly Alabama is also looking at Kalen DeBoer (WA HC)
Sarkisian should go to Bama. He’ll fall on his lips and start drinking again😂

UW washout.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Saban - 01/11/24
IMO the SEC administrators are doing whatever can be done to f uck up the SEC as we have known it!

Saban confirmed today no health issues with he and Miss Terry; which is great news. He did say that at 72; the demands of doing the job they way he does it was tough. He is not one to do a Paterno/Bowden figure head situation.
In fact; he is in the office today calling recruits.

Bye now.

Goat 5; Kirby 1

Actually was thinking about the last three Nattys.. 2 Kirby, 1 Harbaugh.

Got it; I was thinking of the Championships he took away from Kirby.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Saban - 01/11/24
Thanks coach.
Supposedly Alabama is also looking at Kalen DeBoer (WA HC)

He is on the short list
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Saban - 01/12/24

Saban confirmed today no health issues with he and Miss Terry; which is great news. He did say that at 72; the demands of doing the job they way he does it was tough. He is not one to do a Paterno/Bowden figure head situation.

Oh, oh. Hope that lying pos doesn't catch a cold.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Saban - 01/12/24

That's what I'm thinking.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Saban - 01/12/24

There is a saying by a famous football coach "mediocre people don't like high acheivers"

There is a saying by a famous football coach "mediocre people don't like high acheivers"

He's a lying pos. Decent people who know the truth understand that and don't care about some bullschit saying that seeks to hide that fact.

Suckasses who don't understand that truth get on their knees and grovel to worship and kiss the ass of lying pieces of schit.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Saban - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by JamesJr
IMO, Alabama has been blessed to have the two best coaches to ever coach in college..........Bryant and Saban. Saban's only mistake this year was in thinking that Milroe could win him the championship. Saban could take a team with an average QB and win games, but he couldn't do it with a below average one like Milroe. I don't blame him or anyone for retiring, and I hope that Bama can get another good coach that will continue to dominate the SEC.

^^^This^^^

On a related note, saw in my FOX Sports app that the Longhorns QB Ewers was forgoing the NFL draft so he could stay and play another year for Sark and the Horns as they enter the SEC

Next year was supposed to be Arch Manning’s coming out at UT.

Makes me wonder if he might just enter the Transfer Portal and head to Tuscaloosa ? 🤪

That would make things pretty damn interesting. 😬

Whoever takes over Saban’s job had better be looking for another QB1 besides for Milroe.

The Tide haven’t had a white QB1 since Mac Jones. 🤪
Posted By: Willto Re: Saban - 01/12/24

Yep. Saban's success has been entirely based on the accumulation of more talent than anyone else. He really isn't the worlds greatest gameday coach. He won games because his offensive line could run over your defensive line. His defensive line could run over your offensive line. He won because he perpetually had the top QB prospect in the country many of which were drafted very highly in the NFL. He had Heisman caliber running backs and he has had about 8 or 9 WR that went on to be absolute stars in the NFL. Now with the NIL and the portal in effect Saban has seen the handwriting on the wall. No more being 3 deep at every position with players on the bench better than most teams 1st string. Now many of those guys will hit the portal rather than ride the bench. And the NIL? Well let me use a bootlegging analogy below to explain it in relation to Saban and Alabama.

If you are the biggest bootlegger in the land. (Think Al Capone). And you have set up a well oiled system to produce and distribute huge quantities of alcohol. And you fear no penalty because you've got the local law bought off. You got the local press bought off. You even got the state politicians covering your ass. All adding up to you being able sell illegal booze on a level your would be competitors can only dream of. Then the last thing on earth you want is for booze to be legalized so that every Tom, Dick and Harry can easily and fearlessly sell all they want as well.

Alabama will still be a good team. They will still get their share of top recruits. But Saban knew he no longer had the market cornered. No more guaranteed lock for a top 1 or 2 recruiting class anymore.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Saban - 01/12/24

He's a lying pos. Decent people who know the truth understand that and don't care about some bullschit saying that seeks to hide that fact.

Suckasses who don't understand that truth get on their knees and grovel to worship and kiss the ass of lying pieces of schit.

You mad at him for leaving Miami after he said he wasn’t going to Alabama?

You mad at him for leaving Miami after he said he wasn’t going to Alabama?

Exactly.
Posted By: shootem Re: Saban - 01/13/24
Lane Kiffin and Sark are the only people capable of that job right now and there ain't no way they'd leave the bird nest they've created.

Let Alabama shake the oat bucket under Kiffin’s nose loud enough and he’ll burn that nest on his way out. I’d halfway rather see him stay at Mississippi just to give the state a source of pride on the national scale. It’s been a while. For Kiffin this opportunity is the perfect storm. The right time in his career, he’s the right age, the program will not need to be rebuilt, he has previous successful coaching history there, he will bring a string of successful coaching stints with him, and he’s just a fire looking for dry wood. Bama got plenty of wood. Kiffin will carry Alabama to championships for another 20 years if given the opportunity. If the powers at UA miss this chance for immortality it will be spoken of through the Professional College Football League history in tones of amazement for decades to come.
Posted By: shootem Re: Saban - 01/13/24
Well cancel all that. Bama chit in the chili.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...all-new-head-coach-kalen-deboer-analysis
Posted By: CRS Re: Saban - 01/13/24
I think Lane Kiffin is a mistake, can not trust him. Kind of like Josh McDaniels.

I do not know if Kalen Deboer is the right choice, but he has done nothing but win wherever he goes.
© 24hourcampfire