Home
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1464561687736783?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz
Those are some big balls to stand there and hold your position to shoot and still not move once that lion lunges at you. And yes I would not have had to go to the bathroom for a couple weeks after that. The adrenaline rush would have given me a headache for a couple of days.
Just think of the story he has, it is his for life. Documented proof.
Looks like they were hitting him, just not stopping him. Dead lion walking, er running and could still kill someone.

DF
Can't help but to root for the lion.
This is why professional hunters carry doubles.

This is an old video and I believe was a SA pen-raised lion. Not that it matters when a pissoff lion is about to eat your baccon.
You would think with all the guns there it wouldn't have ran away
Gotta be 15 years since I first saw that video. The innanet lives forever.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Can't help but to root for the lion.

I didn't.
Fakebook dicks stealing and editing old hunting videos again.

Sometimes if you yell “nungchaka…nungchaka” they will freeze in place.

Works on Gatlingburg dumpster bears and barky Golden Retrievers.

It’s a little something I came up with.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Those are some big balls to stand there and hold your position to shoot and still not move once that lion lunges at you.

I didn't see a lot of options in that situation.
Originally Posted by steveredd1
You would think with all the guns there it wouldn't have ran away

I think it is a miracle they didn't shoot each other.
On a dangerous game hunt there are two dangers - the wildlife and the client.
That's Dr Brian Gully that gets knocked down, he's an Orael Surgeon here and in Corpus and owns a lot of businesses here and in Port Aransas. He has a whole body mount of the Lion in his house. I've done work for him several times over the years.
He wasn't there to hunt lions originally but one night when they were in a bar another PH offered him the opportunity to kill that lion that had gotten into their high fence area and was killing their animals, I believe he only paid 10 grand to kill it, so high fence lion but a wild lion that had gotten into the high fence. The mount of that lion is Pretty impressive, I used to have a pic of it.

https://portofcc.com/new-port-of-corpus-christi-commissioner-dr-bryan-gulley-sworn-in/
That may have been the story he was told, but that is a pen-raised lion. Wild African lion do not look like the MGM lion and there are no wild lion left in SA outside of a few parks.

I've got no problems if someone wants to shoot a lion behind high fence. Most of SA is little more than put-and-take farm hunting. So what's the difference with a pen-raised lion? But lion don't just happen to find themselves behind a high fence.
I think it is a miracle they didn't shoot each other.[/quote]

It looks as though the guy in the upper right, about twenty yards back, when down hard.
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
I think it is a miracle they didn't shoot each other.
that's kind of what I was thinking. I don't know which would scare me more the lion or getting shot by the guy next to me. I guess at least I don't think the guy next to me would eat me but hell we're an Africa you never know LOL.
DR. Gully was a poor shot , what i have seen over many years most rich professional people are poor with all guns most of the time . but i have seen many times just a regular military soldiers who where from a war or had plenty combat training just a regular foot soldier with a rifle could kill chit and were deadly with any rifle and that foot soldier would have killed that lion with ease . i camped in the mountains where those dang grizzly bears were many times and i always felt safe when my friend a Viet Nam Marine front line soldier was with me and my son. i may not be afraid of much but these old soldiers have another level of fearless in them.
© 24hourcampfire