Home
Grandsons tonight and tomorrow, going to dancehall Saturday night, not much Sunday
Not gonna say it....
Deer hunting
A battle with old man winter is about to begin!
Need to organize my man cave it’s a hot mess
Heading to the Dallas Safari Club show in about 30 minutes with my three sons.
Nephew coming in for the late youth only deer season to see if he can't get his first deer.

Then hunkering down for the blue norther and taking care of livestock.
Gonna make me a batch of boudin and then hunker down for the Arctic blast coming next week.
Shooting sporting clays.
Boy's birthday is tomorrow so we're spending time together at a brewery, dinner and then a good craft beer bar.

Shoveling

Snowmobiling if I can

General tomfoolery.
Just got done putting a big pot of chili on.

Should go down real well with the help of some fresh cornbread! smile
I'm putting together a new one man flip over ice shanty and re rigging all my ice rods. We finally have a stretch of good (cold) weather that will make ice on the north end of Lake St Clair here in SE MI. I'll be hitting my favorite watering hole Sunday evening for the Lions game.
Trying to keep my balls from freezing to the bathtub.
Based on the lastest weather forecast it appears that I will be spending a fair amount of time scooping snow. In between scooping sessions I plan to practice the guitar.
Organize my hunting stuff after I go out duck/goose hunting in the morning on the river. High is supposed to be -12. Remaining ducks should be looking for any open water. Thinking this cold has pushed more ducks/geese in from the north.
Trying to stay warm.
Trying to get over the flu and taking care of my wife. She has had a pretty hard time of it. Wishing I could go to the Safari Club show this year. It's always a good show.
Staying inside and being a driver for my wife. Weather is not cooperating with any plans I make
Well, I just might get to grind my deer burger.

If I remember to take it out of the freezer !
Gun show in Jerome. Not expecting too much but at least it will get me out of the house for a while. Other than that, scraping snow off the sidewalk and driveway will be on tap if the weatherman is correct.
Bringing in my brass monkeys, it's supposed to get down to 21 below zero here tonight.
What in the hell is this thread all about?
I'm gonna peruse the Classifieds whenever I need a good laugh.
Hopefully go shoot my new 10mm
Dealing with snow, and cold weather.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Going to deer camp to help finishing the inside of our new cabin. Try to make it home before the snow starts.
I'll be on call all weekend (Radiology). Hope everyone stays inside! Lol
In the cool of the morn I shall be on the roof screwing down tin...in the heat of the day I am going to trot out the supertrickler and set it up.
Stewie, most here, will have no clue what you are talking about !

wink
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Just got done putting a big pot of chili on.

Should go down real well with the help of some fresh cornbread! smile

That sounds real good. I love pinto beans and cornbread. I like chicken and dumplings a lot too

Jalapeño cornbread especially!!!!
Gonna hunker down.

-10 with 25 mph winds puts a damper on mowing the lawn
Making breakfast sausage on Sunday.. NOT going anywhere, since temps and winds are gonna be quite nasty..
I should have covid symptoms by sunday.
Cold is relative. I was in Michigan several years ago and I asked my uncle and grandmother if it had been cold since I seen some guys icefishing. They said oh yeah, it was 12* the other morning. I told them we cancelled church the previous Sunday because it was -25*.
Participating in living history weekend at Ft. McKavett Tx. 1850 time period
Pretty much split between clearing snow and sitting around recharging my batteries between sessions of doing so.
Well if the weather man is correct I will be plowing snow all weekend.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Bringing in my brass monkeys, it's supposed to get down to 21 below zero here tonight.

Forecasting -22 here. Looks like 40 maybe in about 10 days.
Stay warm, play with mama, drink, and watch sports.
Church has been canceled.
We’re supposed to get a foot of snow between now and tomorrow so we’re just hanging out at home tonight and probably tomorrow. A work buddy is having a 50th birthday party tomorrow. I’ll stop over for that if the weather is decent.

Mostly just staying close to home. Tow the kids around on sleds behind a quad, and probably get talked into helping make a snowman or two.
All you can eat crab feed tomorrow night. Hosted by the Legion Hall in support of local youth sports so the 75 dollar ticket goes to a good cause. Never make the crab feed rookie mistake of loading up on the garlic bread when you have heaping plates of crab legs staring at ya. All this talk of beans I think I'll make some Sunday. I'm liking smoked neck in the pintos lately. Just as good as a ham hock IMHO.
Just got home from the 1st snowhike of the year. 6"of fresh powder, 17 F with the wind chill. It was fun but I couldn't stop thinking about J.C. having to work in temps 50 degrees colder.

Jim, good luck w/ the hogs and envision suckling pig turning on the spit.

mike r
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Participating in living history weekend at Ft. McKavett Tx. 1850 time period
scalp a Comanche or two for me...
Helped this young man dig his sled out of the back yard so he can shoot past the house at 70mph because they never plow his road.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Snow/freezing this weekend means ducks are forced off the sheet water to hit the river.. so the hound and I will be duck hunting!
i'l be shoveling out from this Blizzard that's occurring right now in NE Wi... 12+ inches possible with wind gusts up to 50 MPH...
Latest forecast is for 1-3’ of snow with wind gusts to 65mph.

Fortunately (?) I’m out of commission due to surgery I had this past Tuesday. Ulnar nerve and carpal with a two splint I must wear for two weeks. (Above elbow to base of fingers.

Hopefully watching a home Buffalo Bills game from the comfort of my easy chair.

Generators and snowblower ready for my wife to operate. 😎
Originally Posted by Teal
Helped this young man dig his sled out of the back yard so he can shoot past the house at 70mph because they never plow his road.

Good deal.

I’ve always liked the old ZR 440’s and 600.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Teal

Good deal.

I’ve always liked the old ZR 440’s and 600.

This is a ZL 700

I had a ZR 440 in 98. Got a ZRT600 and F7 in the garage but can't find my helmet to save my life today. Prob need a new one anyway...
Have a couple of tables with a buddies at gun show in town. Blizzard out calling for a foot of snow and 50 plus winds, telling folks to stay in. Was kinda hoping show would cancel but will be there all weekend, thinking it will be slow.
More sorting and cleaning in the shop
Remembered to get the meat out !!

Well, with the weather turning brutal, ..............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

smile
© 24hourcampfire