Home
Posted By: JeffA Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Any special plans?

[Linked Image from img.apmcdn.org]
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
So disappointed here. The cold and snow caused the local MLK day march to be cancelled, and I always look so foward to it. Oh well, at least the collard greens and chitlins will taste good.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by JamesJr
So disappointed here. The cold and snow caused the local MLK day march to be cancelled, and I always look so foward to it. Oh well, at least the collard greens and chitlins will taste good.

Yes, your post just oozes with your grief and condolences.

You gonna join hands with your family and pray?
Posted By: 160user Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
I am hoping to have a nice nap around 1300. When I awake maybe I can say "I have a dream".........
Watch the Iowa Caucuses.
No cornbread?
I often wonder what MLK would think about the saggin pants and all the other crap thugs do these days, seriously
Originally Posted by EFHutton
I often wonder what MLK would think about the saggin pants and all the other crap thugs do these days, seriously

Yes, he was a sharp dresser.
I'm working at double time and a half on this token holiday. I'll take it.
It wouldn’t bother him a bit.

1) He was in it for the money and celebrity status more than anything else. He got paid and famous promoting himself under the pretext of race and rights. The biggest difference between him and a black in saggin pants is the pants.

2) Unlike most Caucasians blacks and just about every other ethnicity see race first and choose race first and everything else a distant second.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
lol, used to be a holiday for us. We gave it up for the day after Thanksgiving, enjoy your overtime.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Worked all weekend out of town and back in the office today.

Oh well, maybe I’ll get next weekend…..
yea it not like i was going to run downtown Lexington to watch the Parade even if it was good weather .only MLK day parade i went to was in early 80's when the Army made us march in the MLK day parade in downtown Savannah Ga every year ,it was not by my choice. oh yea the Black soldiers didnt want us their or think we should be marching in that parade and told us so to our face .we told them we didnt want to be their either
Gonna run to the office for a few hours and then pick my daughter up at the airport.
Posted By: hanco Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Got big plans today

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good for you!

God works in mysterious ways, the MLK gift just keeps on giving.

Same for you Hanco!
Retired do not miss working outside in -22 wind chill. Setting in house chilling & eating.
Retired do not miss working outside in -22 wind chill. Setting in house chilling & eating.
Originally Posted by JeffA

Good for you!

God works in mysterious ways, the MLK gift just keeps on giving.

Same for you Hanco!

I got some of that when I worked, any holiday was 2/12 times, had some freeze outbreaks on holidays a couple of times. I got a lot of 1 1/2 when we had big freeze in 2021
Just another day for me.

It ain't my holiday.

I am alright with everything not being about me all the time.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just another day for me.

It ain't my holiday.

Yeah, like another 30 below zero day..wind blowin' yet?
For the longest time When I lived in New Hampshire it was called "civil rights day" and the people and the state wanted to keep it that way, they said it included everyone just like there no seatbelt law yet they have one of the highest seatbelt uses in the country. Anyways when the libeal skank jean shaheen was elected govenor that was one of the first things she did was change the name to mlk, so now they end result is nobody cares or recognises the day except for the lierals that live there.
Posted By: acy Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It wouldn’t bother him a bit.

1) He was in it for the money and celebrity status more than anything else. He got paid and famous promoting himself under the pretext of race and rights. The biggest difference between him and a black in saggin pants is the pants.

2) Unlike most Caucasians blacks and just about every other ethnicity see race first and choose race first and everything else a distant second.

Yes. MLK's speech about wanting his kids to be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin made for a great quote and soundbite, but I don't believe he really meant it. I believe that he would have been perfectly happy with his kids getting into Harvard based solely on the color of their skin, not on the content of their character or their educational qualifications. Could be wrong, but that's what I believe.
He was a plagiarist. Harvard covered it up for decades.
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just another day for me.

It ain't my holiday.

Yeah, like another 30 below zero day..wind blowin' yet?

Not yet!

Thank goodness.
Shoot four more- - - - -take the whole week off! I wonder what the founding fathers would think about making a national hero of a rabble-rousing race baiter who traveled around with a harem of nubile little groupies, stirring up trouble wherever he went? Coretta and the rest of his crew certainty turned whiny victimhood into a very lucrative cottage industry, while they fought over the money their grift pulled in!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
the company told us we'd get two extra holidays this year and asked everyone to vote on which days

MLK day won - I would prefer a holiday in February to break up the year a bit, but this is the first MLK day I've been off in my entire life.

I wonder if his dream was some white redneck getting Monday off for him?
Happy MLK Day to all you negroes:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]find nearest bp petrol station
Not a holiday for me. Next holiday for me is presidents day.
Posted By: JWL3 Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
making jerky. lots of it.
I will quietly contemplate Martin’s legacy and continue to judge based on content of their character.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by rem shooter
yea it not like i was going to run downtown Lexington to watch the Parade even if it was good weather .only MLK day parade i went to was in early 80's when the Army made us march in the MLK day parade in downtown Savannah Ga every year ,it was not by my choice. oh yea the Black soldiers didnt want us their or think we should be marching in that parade and told us so to our face .we told them we didnt want to be their either

Downtown Lexington isn't a good place to be when the blacks are congregating.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - 01/15/24
Kicking off MLK Day in downtown Lexington.

https://www.wkyt.com/2024/01/03/wky...wntown-lexington-new-years-day-shooting/
Just another day delay in getting my ammo and gun parts I ordered.
© 24hourcampfire