Home
Posted By: ol_mike Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Street folk cain't get no rest

SSS, the drone that is…
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Maybe tikkanut has found a new hobby and that's what's kept him busy the last couple of months. At first I thought maybe he'd crashed a drone on top of a tall building in SLC and was pondering on finding a way to get it down, but harassing bums looks like a helluva lot more fun.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
As obnoxious as many homeless folks are, I find the drone operator much more reprehensible.

Were I one of those folks, I'd be building a bolo or net to toss at that fugger. or be sending my homies out on a mission to discover where the operator was.
Hilarious!
Originally Posted by Valsdad
As obnoxious as many homeless folks are, I find the drone operator much more reprehensible.

Were I one of those folks, I'd be building a bolo or net to toss at that fugger. or be sending my homies out on a mission to discover where the operator was.

Why?
Fooled Around & Found Out ?
Pistol shots at the end of the video.

I guess it’s frowned on to knock one down with a goose gun.

If they got low enough, shouldn’t be that difficult.

DF
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Why?
because I'm just that way.
Drop a little napalm
That was fun! Thanks OP.
Last one.

Why?

Sure.

Why?

Because he’s a “California Conservative.” With conservatives like that imagine what the liberals are like.

A drone recording them is “much more reprehensible” in his mind than the junkies camped out and literally chiting on the streets of the state that he resides in.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Why?

Because he’s a “California Conservative.” With conservatives like that imagine what the liberals are like.

A drone recording them is a bigger problem in his mind than the junkies camped out and literally chiting on the streets of the state that he resides in.
California conservative checking in. When building my son's custom house on 60 acres there was a nest of thieves living nearby checking the jobsite with a drone to see if it was safe to steal when nobody was there. Stole from us a few times until a 12 gauge put an end to that. Nobody said a word and nobody schits on the sidewalk.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Why?

A drone recording them is a bigger problem in his mind than the junkies camped out and literally chiting on the streets of the state that he resides in.
California conservative checking in. When building my son's custom house on 60 acres there was a nest of thieves living nearby checking the jobsite with a drone to see if it was safe to steal when nobody was there. Stole from us a few times until a 12 gauge put an end to that. Nobody said a word and nobody schits on the sidewalk.

That seems to have worked,

Doubt those homeless folks have access to a gauge though, so they'd probably be left to coming up with something else.

Are the thieves still near your son's place? I hope they were removed.

Why?

Some other crackhead will steal it from him.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Why?

Some other crackhead will steal it from him.
probably

I'd just like to try bringing one down like a bird.

Maybe build me a peregrine drone, dive down and take them things out the sky.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Why?

That seems to have worked,

Doubt those homeless folks have access to a gauge though, so they'd probably be left to coming up with something else.

Are the thieves still near your son's place? I hope they were removed.
Their thieving rat nest burned down in the Paradise / Camp Fire. Son's house survived.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
thieving rats probably stealing from folks in Chico now

Son has a nice looking place
Posted By: hardway Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
I've watched those before.... hit and miss, sometimes pretty funny..... sometimes the tweekers actually catch the drone or hit it with a rock lmao 🤣 If they were on public land or trespassing then fugg em..... no expectation of privacy.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24

The quicker someone beats the bastard to death the better.
Originally Posted by hardway
I've watched those before.... hit and miss, sometimes pretty funny..... sometimes the tweekers actually catch the drone or hit it with a rock lmao 🤣 If they were on public land or trespassing then fugg em..... no expectation of privacy.

just because one "can" do it

doesn't mean one "should" do it
Posted By: DaveR Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24

Fuggem. Reprehensible? There is no shame too severe to attempt to get these hyenas to understand and comprehend what shame is. Then have NO shame.

What would make these videos better is if they were dropping mortar rounds on these worthlelss human pieces of chit.

I was there. Lived it. Won't ever go back. These human pieces of chit are not depression era "down on their luck" type folk. They have made the choice to be strung out on whatever fuggin' drug their on, and this is their chosen lifestyle. And the left promotes it and celbrates it.

Reprehensible? Yeah...paying $400 for a high end meal in Santa Monica, and watching some never contributed chit to society azzhole drop trou and chitting in the gutter next to your table. THAT is reprehensible.

"sending my homies out on a mission to discover where the operator was."

Yeah...your "homies" would be instantly sidetracked by the first half eaten hot dog, last swig of a bottle of day old beer in the trash can, or half smoked marlboro they came across. LOL.
Originally Posted by DaveR

Fuggem. Reprehensible? There is no shame too severe to attempt to get these hyenas to understand and comprehend what shame is. Then have NO shame.

What would make these videos better is if they were dropping mortar rounds on these worthlelss human pieces of chit.

I was there. Lived it. Won't ever go back. These human pieces of chit are not depression era "down on their luck" type folk. They have made the choice to be strung out on whatever fuggin' drug their on, and this is their chosen lifestyle. And the left promotes it and celbrates it.

Reprehensible? Yeah...paying $400 for a high end meal in Santa Monica, and watching some never contributed chit to society azzhole drop trou and chitting in the gutter next to your table. THAT is reprehensible.

Yeah...your "homies" would be instantly sidetracked by the first half eaten hot dog, last swig of a bottle of day old beer in the trash can, or half smoked marlboro they came across. LOL.

Sounds like you were an ass hole, sounds like you still are.
Pull !!!
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by DaveR

Sounds like you were an ass hole, sounds like you still are.

Step off a curb in SF and step in something brown, and you hope it’s canine and not human.

Get spit on by someone out of their fuggin’ gourd, again in SF while running errands.

Once you live through that within the space of a week, you get in touch with your reprehensible side…
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Step off a curb in SF and step in something brown, and you hope it’s canine and not human.

Get spit on by someone out of their fuggin’ gourd, again in SF while running errands.

Once you live through that within the space of a week, you get in touch with your reprehensible side…

Which does beg the question. Are there ample public facilities there.

Why?

A drone recording them is “much more reprehensible” in his mind than the junkies camped out and literally chiting on the streets of the state that he resides in.

Who is more deplorable.

A possibly mentally ill addict, not bothering anyone
or some F'tard intentionally harassing them?
Or anyone?

What would your response be if it was your Mom, Wife, or kids.
Everyone deserves that respect.

They don't belong there, as residents. Shouldn't be stoned, crapping in the streets.
Harassing animals with drones is illegal.
So even if you think of them as animals, it's wrong.

It's also the kind of thing I'd have done 35 years ago,
not proud to say that. Or of everything one has actually done.

PS.
Wrong...but I still grin over Hot Quarters.
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Pull !!!

A Shotgun would easily ruin video mans day.
Drone vs California Hookers
https://kaotic.com/video/2c4d6a57_20240112083637_t
I was out one day testing loads, (private property), and had foam plugs and muff's on like usual. When I had finished, and had removed the ear protection, I heard a buzzing noise above me. Looking upward toward the noise, I see a drone hovering above. I immediately stood up picking up the rifle, held it up, pointed my finger at it, (the gun), then pointed my finger at the drone.

The drone flew away. I was left with a creepy feeling. Also a very angry feeling.

I didn't watch the video above but have to say, if it would have been possible to track down the operator, things would have gotten ugly. I'm an easy going type of guy, but with the mindset that was inflicted on me that day, some life changing things would likely have happened.
Human roaches.

Some I can feel pity for. The old and mentally disabled. Most are vermin that need to be chased off.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
get used to this idea. A country that passed the Patriot Act is a country that will buy thousands of drones to monitor its citizens. It won't just be crackheads.

Zoning department, BATF, Department of Agriculture, EPA, etc - if they can think of a way to keep you in line, they'll use it.

Now fill up a country with millions of future criminals - and the citizens will be begging for it.
Drones are aircraft protected by the FAA.

I wonder if by the same account that a complaint can be made to the FAA about drone behavior?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Hilarious!
Only azzholes would think aggravating people is hilarious. You have painted yourself.
Originally Posted by KFWA
get used to this idea. A country that passed the Patriot Act is a country that will buy thousands of drones to monitor its citizens. It won't just be crackheads.

Zoning department, BATF, Department of Agriculture, EPA, etc - if they can think of a way to keep you in line, they'll use it.

Now fill up a country with millions of future criminals - and the citizens will be begging for it.
I’m sure a lot of Codes dept have already put them to use.
I’m sure that part of recording them is to serve as a minor nuisance. I don’t see it as being an azz for the sake of being an azz.

When there are tent cities or other large homeless populations taking over urban areas and the drug addicts destroying property values and neighborhoods. Trashing parks and neighborhoods with dirty needles, used condoms, liquor bottles, pissing all over. Addicts that support their habit through stealing, panhandling, and prostitution.

Those street addicts are the problem, not the guy with the drone recording them. The homeless addicts shouldn’t even be there. That they are is a failure of the cities and states for allowing it. There’s all kinds of substance abuse help for people with drug and alcohol problems and government assistance, charities that will provide a place to sleep, help with getting jobs and help with permanent housing.

Those were nearly all young street addicts that choose to live that lifestyle without regard to the problems and hazards that they cost the public. If someone wants to record them attempting to turn tricks, or getting high so be it. They have no business setting up tents where they are or trashing the communities.

If there’s a code against flying a small drone over public space how many codes and laws are the street addicts flagrantly violating?

The humane thing would be giving them a choice between rehab, jail, or shelters when they violate local laws and ordinances. There’s nothing humane or reasonable in allowing blatant large camps full of street addicts in public places.
Originally Posted by slugflinger
I was out one day testing loads, (private property), and had foam plugs and muff's on like usual. When I had finished, and had removed the ear protection, I heard a buzzing noise above me. Looking upward toward the noise, I see a drone hovering above. I immediately stood up picking up the rifle, held it up, pointed my finger at it, (the gun), then pointed my finger at the drone.

The drone flew away. I was left with a creepy feeling. Also a very angry feeling.

I didn't watch the video above but have to say, if it would have been possible to track down the operator, things would have gotten ugly. I'm an easy going type of guy, but with the mindset that was inflicted on me that day, some life changing things would likely have happened.

Do you regret not shooting?
Originally Posted by rost495
Hilarious!
Only azzholes would think aggravating people is hilarious. You have painted yourself.

I can see both sides. On the one hand, you have no idea how or why that person came to be on the streets. Many are mentally ill. Some just can't afford rent.

On the other hand, they can be aggravating, especially when they move into public spaces like parks and make them unusable by the people who pay taxes for the maintenance of those spaces. They need to be run out of there and if drones are a tool to do that I'm all for it.

But not just for some guy's amusement.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Our game wardens here in Texas use drones quite a bit. I always do everything possible to stay legal, but it's annoying as hell to be fishing or duck hunting while the damn thing is buzzing around watching you.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
I was told in 2022 by a deputy that shooting one down was illegal. Federal offense through the FAA as they are considered aircraft. Prior to the conversation with the deputy, about 3 weeks, we were sitting outside on the patio and someone hovered one over us about 100 feet. I had an idea who it was. We had some neighbors about 1/2 mile away that had bought a house for weekend use. They lived in St. Louis. The drone was around until I went inside and got my rifle and laid it on the table on the patio.

Another weekend and the city dudes were back and my wife came to the shop telling me the drone had been hovering over her at tree top level. That tree is no more than 30 feet tall. My temper is usually in control but not this time. I drove over to the house where I figured this was coming from and he had just landed it. I told him to keep it away from my family or it would get shot down. He threatened to call the sheriff but I beat him to it. The deputy went to see this prick first and he informed the deputy he could do whatever he pleased. That was the wrong thing to do. The LEOs can get a person's license revoked if they see a need and he let the young prick know that. Then he came to see me. Our visit went excellent. He was understanding and let me know to call him if it happened again. It hasn't. I asked him if anyone has shot one down yet and he suggested I not be the first.

Needless to say I despise drones when folks like this have them.
I asked him if anyone has shot one down yet and he suggested I not be the first.

probably sage advice

but my question would be - at what point is it considered trespassing?
Originally Posted by Lslite
Our game wardens here in Texas use drones quite a bit. I always do everything possible to stay legal, but it's annoying as hell to be fishing or duck hunting while the damn thing is buzzing around watching you.

I want legislation for it to stop. At some point you'll be getting pulled over by drones to check your license - you won't interact with a human. Drones will be scanning for expired tags and emissions control , god know what else. The genie will be out of the bottle once AI becomes SOP
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
Somebody somewhere makes a jammer that would interrupt the signal from the controller--cause the thing to fly off somewhere and never been seen again.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/20/24
I asked him if anyone has shot one down yet and he suggested I not be the first.

probably sage advice

but my question would be - at what point is it considered trespassing?
No such thing for a drone, according to the law.
In 1972, the US Supreme Court invalidated the vagrancy laws across the nation. Prior to that, vagrants were routinely rousted by the police, and eventually (if it persisted) arrested, charged, and sentenced. Thanks Supreme Court.
I wish they would beat that drone guy's ass to a pulp.
No. I regret not finding out who the pilot was, and having them watch as I stamped their little toy into the ground as we waited for the sheriff to arrive. My thoughts were not quite so clear and measured at the time though.

I am thinking of taking the 870 with some 3", #2, bismuth loads with me on future range trips.

The point, I guess is that if a "normal" person in their right mind, doing perfectly legal activities, has the thoughts occuring to them that I did that day, imagine what a crack head, mentally ill person, or criminal might be tempted to do, when discovering they're being spied on.

Those folks who use these little gadgets to mess with people for laughs might one day get something they don't want.
After catching back up on this thread, I see that blasting a drone out of the sky may not be a smart move! Looks like one more of our rights, (privacy), taken away from us by our government. But it's for our own good, I'm sure.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

I’m sure a lot of Codes dept have already put them to use.
codes depts have been using sat pics for a number of years now.

our county allows 120 sq ft sheds to be built/placed without permits. Easy enough for them to check that by roof size. those sheds also don't count towards property tax valuation.
After catching back up on this thread, I see that blasting a drone out of the sky may not be a smart move! Looks like one more of our rights, (privacy), taken away from us by our government. But it's for our own good, I'm sure.
you basically have no right to privacy in public areas.

but, perhaps a drone flying over, hovering, zipping closer, moving in and out from you as in the shot of the guy at the C store in the first video rises to the level of harassment?

Last i heard, while one does not have an expectation of privacy, one does have a right to be free from being harassed?
A suppressed subsonic .22 rimfire from inside a building with a window open would be hard to trace if it happened to put a hole through the vitals of a drone. If the drone happened to fall on private property after developing a "mechanical malfunction" it could be disposed of like any other windblown debris than ends up in someone's yard.

You could always set up a clay pigeon thrower next time you're testing loads out there and bring the 870 along. With the ear protection on, you couldn't hear a drone and if it just happened to fly into your zone of fire........
Originally Posted by smokepole

You could always set up a clay pigeon thrower next time you're testing loads out there and bring the 870 along. With the ear protection on, you couldn't hear a drone and if it just happened to fly into your zone of fire........

hmmmmn???

that sounds plausible.

could lead to a slap on the wrist with a good atty. One who might even say "but your honor, what kind of fool flies their drone over a shooting range?"

hmmmmn???

that sounds plausible.

could lead to a slap on the wrist with a good atty. One who might even say "but your honor, what kind of fool flies their drone over a shooting range?"
I like it. Plausible deniability.

That what Jim Biden replied when asked how they got by with so much.

Works for them. Well you may need to be a Dem.

DF
Drone or no drone, nearly every step you take in public is on a hard drive. There is no privacy.
Do these drones transmit the video via Bluetooth/wifi to the fliers receiver, or do they only retrieve video upon retrieval of the drone?
A drone over your property is trespassing.

You have the right to self-help in evicting that trespasser.
Posted By: Steve Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by ironbender
Do these drones transmit the video via Bluetooth/wifi to the fliers receiver, or do they only retrieve video upon retrieval of the drone?

You get the video on the receiver and can save it there. On the DJI's I've flown they also have the option to save it to a SD card on the drone.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Most of those ho's seem well fed!
Originally Posted by Steve
You get the video on the receiver and can save it there. On the DJI's I've flown they also have the option to save it to a SD card on the drone.
Thanks, Steve.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Drone or no drone, nearly every step you take in public is on a hard drive. There is no privacy.
the privacy thing here is not the issue.

the use of the drones to harass folks is. Especially against some of those folks on the video that are rather obviously mentally ill.

one might look at it as bullying the kids on the short bus
Doughty ought anti aircraft.
But seriously though, I see alot of people on YouTube that get reactions from folks by filming them in public. Some will even assault and batter the photographers. They must not realize that we are on a camera damn near everywhere in life.
It uploads as it videos.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Depends on the state, laws vary.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
12 ga. - done...
I for one have no use for Human Rats.
I have had my run in with to many of them.

That said

Harassing them with drones should be band and when they catch the people doing it they should go to proson for a long time.
It is still a Bully Harassment as far as I am concerned.

These Drone operators flyover private property and take shots at little girls sun bathing in their back yards and in windows of homes where everyone should have some privacy

There should be an open season to shoot them down when they are Harassing people or flying over private property.
Originally Posted by funshooter
There should be an open season to shoot them down when they are Harassing people or flying over private property.
There should, indeed. It's insane that there's not.
Posted By: 673 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by funshooter
There should, indeed. It's insane that there's not.
About 3 years ago.......my Son who lives next door to me came over and asked, did you see the drone flying around, I said no, wtf is that about?

There are some Women who went missing in my rural area, 4 IIRC, 2 have been found, one was found buried on a property about 2 miles from ours, the other in the bush within 5 miles from here, unrelated to one another, anyways......some of the family of the other missing persons were looking in everyones backyards with this drone for evidence of bodies.

My Son saw the drone, went out to find the operators, found them (2 people) and said.....I will shoot it down if it flys around here again, they apologized and moved on.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Now dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

You'd like to think, but that isn't necessarily true.
Originally Posted by drop_point

Then the laws need to catch up to reality.

I tend to agree, but I sure as hell won't shoot one down and risk prison and loss of firearms rights at this moment.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
I know some parks and other areas ban them without permits

If they can be banned in public areas, they can be banned on private property

Common law principles can also apply in areas such as private property rights, nuisance and product liability. Regarding private property, caution is in order. The old notion that ownership of land entails ownership of all the air above it was long ago abrogated by statute,37 and all navigable airspace is legally in the public domain.38 Navigable airspace is any airspace in which flight can take place, in some cases right down to inches above the ground.39 Many cases have confirmed that a property owner does not have a cause of action for trespass where a flight is conducted in airspace above the property in compliance with federal regulations. Where a helicopter hovered low over a homeowner’s property while the crew shot video for a news story, the court rejected a trespass claim

Notwithstanding a few judges who have acquitted defendants charged under state or local law (usually destruction of property) with shooting down drones, destroying or disabling an aircraft is a federal crime pursuant to 20 U.S.C. §32 – and a drone is unquestionably an “aircraft” as defined in 49 U.S.C. §40102 and 14 CFR 1.1 (a device that is “invented, used, or designed to navigate, or fly in, the air”). To date there has been no reported federal prosecution of anyone for interfering with a drone. Some drone operators whose craft have been shot down or otherwise attacked have sued for damages.

-------------
sounds like they need to establish minimum height for drones on private lands, the FAA recommends 400 feet

I tend to agree, but I sure as hell won't shoot one down and risk prison and loss of firearms rights at this moment.

Sometimes I forget that others don't live in freedom.

Where is it legal to shoot down aircraft?
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
When my run in with the prick neighbor took place I did some reading and there's a ceiling drones can't go below or above. It's not s state law, it's federal. If you're in someone's face with one you're too low.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Anywhere round here, if it's violatin the law.

Most cities/towns have laws/ordinances prohibiting discharging a firearm within city limits.

Doubtful.

In his head.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/policy_library/UAS_Fact_Sheet_2023.pdf
https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers
That's not even close to being funny.

Small things amuse small minds.
Interesting. seems a local jurisdiction could, should it choose to, make certain rules about them contraptions which would not be preempted by Fed rules.( my bold)

EXAMPLES OF STATE AND LOCAL LAWS ADDRESSING UAS THAT WOULD
LIKELY NOT BE SUBJECT TO FIELD OR CONFLICT PREEMPTION9
 Laws aimed at objectives other than aviation safety or airspace efficiency that do not impair
the reasonable use by UAS of the airspace.
o Such laws could include those concerning land use or zoning; harassment of
individuals or groups; privacy; voyeurism; trespass on property;
the exercise of other
police powers; reckless endangerment; emergency medical services; search and
rescue; law enforcement use of facial recognition; delivery of prison contraband;
wildfire suppression;10 criminal mischief; transfer or delivery of controlled
substances; taking photographs or videos with respect to particular facilities (e.g.,
water treatment facilities; prisons; oil refineries; chemical facilities; railroad facilities;
amusement parks; energy production, transmission, and distribution facilities; and
any system or asset described by title 42 of the United States Code, § 5195c(e));
requirements for police to obtain a warrant prior to using a UAS for surveillance;
protection of wildlife; using UAS for hunting or fishing, or to interfere with or harass
an individual who is hunting or fishing; and law enforcement operations.

I may have to visit our county supervisors and see what they think about doing so.
Interesting. seems a local jurisdiction could, should it choose to, make certain rules about them contraptions which would not be preempted by Fed rules.( my bold)

 Laws aimed at objectives other than aviation safety or airspace efficiency that do not impair
the exercise of other
rescue; law enforcement use of facial recognition; delivery of prison contraband;
substances; taking photographs or videos with respect to particular facilities (e.g.,
water treatment facilities; prisons; oil refineries; chemical facilities; railroad facilities;
amusement parks; energy production, transmission, and distribution facilities; and
any system or asset described by title 42 of the United States Code, § 5195c(e));
requirements for police to obtain a warrant prior to using a UAS for surveillance;
protection of wildlife; using UAS for hunting or fishing, or to interfere with or harass

I may have to visit our county supervisors and see what they think about doing so.

Yup, certain laws can be passed but simply flying over private property at an altitude of 400ft or 400ft greater than a building within 400ft is pre-empted by the FAA.

I'd like to see rules in all 50 states to prevent harassment of hunters.
interesting again,

but I have to wonder, do the drone videos posted here, linked from youtube, constitute "recreational" use or do they fall under Part 107?
https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators

the exercise of other

Yup, certain laws can be passed but simply flying over private property at an altitude of 400ft or 400ft greater than a building within 400ft is pre-empted by the FAA.

did you watch any of the videos?

if so, do you think the operators were "simply flying" or was there more involved???
interesting again,

but I have to wonder, do the drone videos posted here, linked from youtube, constitute "recreational" use or do they fall under Part 107?

I'm not sure if YouTube videos constitute as a business unless the channel is incorporated and paying him a salary. Could be a gray area.

the exercise of other

if so, do you think the operators were "simply flying" or was there more involved???

I wasn't speaking about the videos, just making a general statement about legality.

Doubtful.

Some people just ain't ready for freedom.

The freedom to shoot down aircraft in FAA-regulated airspace?

Seems like the issue is just too complicated for your capacities.
interesting again,

I'm not sure if YouTube videos constitute as a business unless the channel is incorporated and paying him a salary. Could be a gray area.

regardless of the commercial implications, monetization of their videos and such, if you watched the videos did you see anything that a reasonable person might think rose to the level of " harassment of individuals or groups" or perhaps "reckless endangerment;"

Even without specific local laws in place regarding those activities by drones, one might think already established civil codes (State and local) would cover some of the activity I saw on just the first video. I had/have no interest in watching the others, especially if views put $$$ in the pockets of the operators.
Elon Musk was interviewed and made this comment.

‘You could make a swarm of assassin drones for very little money. By just taking the face I.D. chip that’s used in cell phones, and having a small explosive charge and a standard drone, and just have it do a grid sweep of the building until they find the person they’re looking for, ram into them and explode. You could do that right now... No new technology is needed.’

At what point does the defense of our lives over ride flying a drone close to us?

the exercise of other

I wasn't speaking about the videos, just making a general statement about legality.

the thread is sort of about the videos, and the activities of the operators taking them.

I'm pretty sure if the operator/s had just done some flyover videos of the homeless and such, there would be little discussion of taking measures against them.

Seems like the issue is just too complicated for your capacities.

Please, share how shooting anything you deem to be illegal is “freedom”.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

‘You could make a swarm of assassin drones for very little money. By just taking the face I.D. chip that’s used in cell phones, and having a small explosive charge and a standard drone, and just have it do a grid sweep of the building until they find the person they’re looking for, ram into them and explode. You could do that right now... No new technology is needed.’

At what point does the defense of our lives over ride flying a drone close to us?

Any stranger on the street could have on a suicide vest. Every car could have a bomb in the trunk.
interesting again,

regardless of the commercial implications, monetization of their videos and such, if you watched the videos did you see anything that a reasonable person might think rose to the level of " harassment of individuals or groups" or perhaps "reckless endangerment;"

Even without specific local laws in place regarding those activities by drones, one might think already established civil codes (State and local) would cover some of the activity I saw on just the first video. I had/have no interest in watching the others, especially if views put $$$ in the pockets of the operators.

No idea. I haven’t read all state and local laws. Intentionally harassing somebody makes one an [bleep], legal or not.
Some drone operators whose craft have been shot down or otherwise attacked have sued for damages.
I imagine it would be tough for the drone owner to find a sympathetic jury.

You know full well the framers of that legislation did not have in mind unmanned drones flying low over private property.
Easy ta pick out the liberals on here, that think the chinese spy balloon was perfectly within its rights ta fly over the US.

You know full well the framers of that legislation did not have in mind unmanned drones flying low over private property.

Go read it. It names specifically what drones can and can’t do.
Easy ta pick out the liberals on here, that think the chinese spy balloon was perfectly within its rights ta fly over the US.

Not even close. But if I see your truck has tint that’s too dark, or has too much lift, I guess you’d be cool if somebody shot it.

Not even close. But if I see your truck has tint that’s too dark, or has too much lift, I guess you’d be cool if somebody shot it.

Can't have it both ways, liberal.

And you wouldn't shoot a scumbag rapin your "wife", cause that'd be dischargin a firearm within city limits.

And you wouldn't shoot a scumbag rapin your "wife", cause that'd be dischargin a firearm within city limits.

I didn’t say anything about discharging a firearm in city limits.

But if you think a front flying over is the same as rape…you Kansas City liberals are weird. Or maybe you got butt-raped by a drone.
Some drone operators whose craft have been shot down or otherwise attacked have sued for damages.

I would agree, I don't think a jury would have a problem with you blasting a drone with birdshot that was hovering outside your window.

unless it was owned by the police..........

They have specific provisions for flying unmanned drones, limiting them to uncontrolled airspace below 400 feet. 14 CFR 107 is an entire section of FAA regs (not legislation, regs) dedicated to small unmanned aircraft. If the FAA wanted to set a minimum altitude over private property they could.

Regardless of the fantasies posted so far, the remedy available for trespass or privacy violations is to file a complaint. Not to shoot at aircraft. This is in part because all drone laws have provisions that allow the government itself to drone you, and the government is not going to let the crimes of its citizens come into conflict with their own.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Most of us here, I would imagine, can handle a firearm well enough to take shots close to someone without putting the person in actual danger of being hit by a bullet. Does that mean it's okay to do so? Who would be okay with their neighbors firing rounds several feet over your kids in the backyard?

People who get a big kick out of spying on other people have got something wrong with their minds.

People who think that it's okay to intimidate or annoy other people for their own entertainment or the entertainment of others have got something wrong with their minds.

People who think they are so righteous as to be able to sit in judgement of others, especially those less fortunate, say a lot more about themselves than they do about those whom they judge.

I would agree, I don't think a jury would have a problem with you blasting a drone with birdshot that was hovering outside your window.

unless it was owned by the police..........

Sometimes jury nullification works. The facts will be on video. You would have a hard time convincing them you didn’t do it at criminal trial.

Probably best not to risk prison. All you’re hurting them is the cost of a Chinese pos drone. Call the FAA and make their life hell.
Liberals bein liberals.

Run like a pussy ta somebody else ta handle their problems.

They have specific provisions for flying unmanned drones, limiting them to uncontrolled airspace below 400 feet. 14 CFR 107 is an entire section of FAA regs (not legislation, regs) dedicated to small unmanned aircraft. If the FAA wanted to set a minimum altitude over private property they could.

Regardless of the fantasies posted so far, the remedy available for trespass or privacy violations is to file a complaint. Not to shoot at aircraft. This is in part because all drone laws have provisions that allow the government itself to drone you, and the government is not going to let the crimes of its citizens come into conflict with their own.

Finally a rational post.
Liberals bein liberals.

So you liked it when the drone gave it to you in the ass.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
I can see that a drone would be good to patrol your property for trespassers . I would use one while ice fishing to check out the lake .
Sometimes jury nullification works. The facts will be on video. You would have a hard time convincing them you didn’t do it at criminal trial.

Probably best not to risk prison. All you’re hurting them is the cost of a Chinese pos drone. Call the FAA and lake their life hell.
Pay attention. We were discussing a civil case for damages.
Liberals bein liberals.

So you liked it when the drone gave it to you in the ass.

Yup.

Liberal.

Any stranger on the street could have on a suicide vest. Every car could have a bomb in the trunk.
I can avoid a stranger on the street and stay away from traffic. I don't have that option with a drone.

Probably best not to risk prison. All you’re hurting them is the cost of a Chinese pos drone. Call the FAA and lake their life hell.
Pay attention. We were discussing a civil case for damages.

Do you think somebody that pursues civil litigation won’t also seek criminal charges?

I guess that’s too big brained for you or you don’t care about going to prison and losing your gun rights and hunting rights.

I can avoid a stranger on the street and stay away from traffic. I don't have that option with a drone.

What a rational fear.

Stay in your house.

That doesn’t even make sense. It isn’t even an apples to oranges comparison.

Some boomers here have an irrational fear and hatred of drones. Similar to ones that are paranoid of pitbulls.

A drone is just an inanimate object, just like guns. They can be used for good, bad or in most cases simple recreation. I’d have a bigger issue with my city being full of tent camps, prostitutes, and people shooting heroine and leaving dirty needles on the street than I would with someone flying a drone. Especially one that basically amounts to a kids toy.
Some boomers here have an irrational fear and hatred of drones. Similar to ones that are paranoid of pitbulls.

Please don't post the full list, it will crash the server.

Please don't post the full list, it will crash the server.

No doubt.

The gov misuses drones and will do so more in the future. Just as they misuse a whole lot of other things against us at times. From firearms to the internet. That doesn’t make the object “bad” and isn’t a rational reason to flip the fug out over it an inanimate object that ranges from full sized unmanned fighter jets armed with bombs down to a kids toys.
If someone marketed an emp shell for a 12 gauge I’d buy a case.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
applause

just one with limited range and untraceable
I am curious about the legality of filming a person with a droan while hovering over their property because the law says that a person can film anything that their eyes can see from a PUBLIC space, meaning someone can stand on the public sidewalk and aim a camera at you changing in your bedroom if they can see you through the window and legally, but what about doing the same while hovering in the air within their property bounds?

Liberals in the thread will rag on ya for violatin a noise ordinance.
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I am curious about the legality of filming a person with a droan while hovering over their property

It varies by state but several have laws prohibiting hovering over private property or filming while passing over for the purpose of "surveillance". A few are stricter. In California, for example, aircraft can't capture images of people on private property for any reason without their consent. A law paid for by celebrities and Bohemian Grove types.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/21/24
Charlene Stalin -home-made drone.

Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I am curious about the legality of filming a person with a droan while hovering over their property

It varies by state but several have laws prohibiting hovering over private property or filming while passing over for the purpose of "surveillance". A few are stricter. In California, for example, aircraft can't capture images of people on private property for any reason without their consent. A law paid for by celebrities and Bohemian Grove types.

mentioned in my post on rules

"Where a helicopter hovered low over a homeowner’s property while the crew shot video for a news story, the court rejected a trespass claim
"
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24

What a rational fear.

Stay in your house.

It's not fear based. It amounts to we as American citizens being denied the ability of an obscure law to defend ourselves. I see though that there is no obvious reason to try to explain anything like that to you as all you have to put out are insults. Typical of a person that favors government control.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
drop_point would scream to the Heavens if a drone was hovering around his place.
I agree that it's not polite. I don't think being a parasitic, thieving, drug addict who craps in the street is polite either.

What a rational fear.

Stay in your house.

It's not fear based. It amounts to we as American citizens being denied the ability of an obscure law to defend ourselves. I see though that there is no obvious reason to try to explain anything like that to you as all you have to put out are insults. Typical of a person that favors government control.

Find me one example of people in the United States being murdered utilizing a home-use drone. Being able to shoot things you don't like isn't a "right".

What a rational fear.

Stay in your house.

Find me one example of people in the United States being murdered utilizing a home-use drone. Being able to shoot things you don't like isn't a "right".

Do you or a family member have a drone?
If there had been drones or jet ski's at the time the Constitution was written....there most certainly would have been language to address it.

Not my cup of tea.

Not my cup of tea.

Was just wondering, you seem awful invested in defending it.

I think it’s creepy as hell, and a damned sure invasion of privacy and trespassing myself.
It's attached to the right to be left alone on one's property. I don't care what the Supremes have said. The existence of a right doesn't depend on what nine people in black robes have to say.
It's attached to the right to be left alone on one's property. I don't care what the Supremes have said. The existence of a right doesn't depend on what nine people in black robes have to say.

I didn't defend it, I stated what the law is. Other than the moron who thinks he should be able to shoot them at will because the presence of a drone is the same as rape.

How many Jehovah's Witnesses have you shot?
I didn't defend it, I stated what the law is. Other than the moron who thinks he should be able to shoot them at will because the presence of a drone is the same as rape.
I don't think anyone said that.

Yup, he literally said that.
crazy If you tell them to leave, they have to by law, and you can enforce your will, if they don't. You can also post your property, and they aren't allowed on it.

A drone isn't a living person. It's not murder to shoot one.

Yup, he literally said that.
Prove it.
crazy If you tell them to leave, they have to by law, and you can enforce your will, if they don't. You can also post your property, and they aren't allowed on it.

A drone isn't a living person. It's not murder to shoot one.

You literally said you "have a right to be left alone on your property" in reference to shooting things. You drew no distinction between property and people.

Its destruction of another person's property if you shoot a drone. The drone isn't allowed on your property according to the law. They are only allowed to be above your property up to 400 feet. Its the law. Don't like it, work to get it changed. Maybe I'll even help you. I don't want you to go to jail for shooting things.
Posted By: 673 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
Is a drone permitted to take pics or video of my granddaughter playing in the backyard?
Posted By: shaman Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
I got a drone last summer, and I've been having a good time pestering the neighbors with it. It is ripping good fun.

So far, I've tried it out on whitetail deer, turkeys, and turkey vultures. Turkeys are really keyed to flying predators, so it doesn't take much for them to scatter. Whitetails are skittish. However, I have been able to get on their eye level less than 10 yards away without any undue worry. That is fairly rare. Usually, once the drone gets within 50 yards or so, they move into the treeline and keep a vigil.

Vultures were interesting. We had a dead skunk out in the middle of one of the pastures. I tried flying the drone on the vultures that were working over the carcass. What I found was that the birds immediately took flight as soon as I started coming down from 100 feet up. However, they didn't soar off. Instead, they got above the drone and started diving on it to investigate, and then circled about 20 yards away. We were a good 200 yards out from the carcass, watching from the house. What's fascinating is they correctly associated us with the drone and started taking off whenever they saw us in the yard for weeks thereafter. These are smart birds. They gave us a wide berth until fall. Eventually, they started coming back around. Usually, every day we have one or two that circle the house just to watch the goings-on, and if we're up to something that piques their curiosity, they'll make close passes just a few feet over our heads to get a better look.
Originally Posted by 673
Is a drone permitted to take pics or video of my granddaughter playing in the backyard?

Yes, it is. Same as Google's satellite. I'm not a fan of the law.
Originally Posted by shaman
I got a drone last summer, and I've been having a good time pestering the neighbors with it. It is ripping good fun.

So far, I've tried it out on whitetail deer, turkeys, and turkey vultures. Turkeys are really keyed to flying predators, so it doesn't take much for them to scatter. Whitetails are skittish. However, I have been able to get on their eye level less than 10 yards away without any undue worry. That is fairly rare. Usually, once the drone gets within 50 yards or so, they move into the treeline and keep a vigil.

Vultures were interesting. We had a dead skunk out in the middle of one of the pastures. I tried flying the drone on the vultures that were working over the carcass. What I found was that the birds immediately took flight as soon as I started coming down from 100 feet up. However, they didn't soar off. Instead, they got above the drone and started diving on it to investigate, and then circled about 20 yards away. We were a good 200 yards out from the carcass, watching from the house. What's fascinating is they correctly associated us with the drone and started taking off whenever they saw us in the yard for weeks thereafter. These are smart birds. They gave us a wide berth until fall. Eventually, they started coming back around. Usually, every day we have one or two that circle the house just to watch the goings-on, and if we're up to something that piques their curiosity, they'll make close passes just a few feet over our heads to get a better look.

Unfortunately, in most states wildlife has more rights to be free of drones than do people. Harassing wildlife is a crime, but not harassing people.
Originally Posted by 673

Big difference from a blurry pic from a satellite and a drone hovering a short distance above the subject.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Big difference from a blurry pic from a satellite and a drone hovering a short distance above the subject.

I don't like either one.
Yeah, not sure about laws elsewhere, but here, if you are leading a group of children in something like Brownie's etc....you are not permitted to take pics or video without consent of the guardian of the child.
Originally Posted by 673
Yeah, not sure about laws elsewhere, but here, if you are leading a group of children in something like Brownie's etc....you are not permitted to take pics or video without consent of the guardian of the child.

In the United States, you have no expectation to be free of photography in public or from public spaces.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24

A really powerful slingshot would work wonders in a case like this.

kwg
Originally Posted by 673

In the United States, you have no expectation to be free of photography in public or from public spaces.
As an example...if someone in Brownie's has their pic taken without consent and it shows up on some guys porn site, the leader of the group could be liable, unless they have had the consent form in order.
Just saying, this is the world we live in now.
Originally Posted by 673

In some organizations, parents are formally asked if taking and posting pictures of their children is permissible. This is usually done in writing prior to any youth activities.
Originally Posted by 673
With the approval of Drop Point, yes.
Originally Posted by kwg020

A really powerful slingshot would work wonders in a case like this.

kwg
It would be cool to see one of those slingshot masters take one down.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
Originally Posted by 673
With the approval of Drop Point, yes.
Again, whether permitted or allowed, perhaps it shouldn't be done?

Drone, or from the neighbor's 3rd story balcony, some things just ain't right.

Exactly. Instead, some folks here just want to shoot the messenger...

Not my cup of tea.

Was just wondering, you seem awful invested in defending it.

I think it’s creepy as hell, and a damned sure invasion of privacy and trespassing myself.
Cousin had one flying around outside of his house one night.

Just think how they can look right in the windows without one knowing.

Exactly. Instead, some folks here just want to shoot the messenger...
sometimes one must get the attention of the offender

Of course, that's why quality binoculars are a must, you don't want to have to get close enough that people think you're a peeping Tom.

Of course, that's why quality binoculars are a must, you don't want to have to get close enough that people think you're a peeping Tom.
Dude,

60X Konus spotter sitting right next to me.

We don't need no stinkin' binocular......or drone.

Except...........there's hardly a neighbor around and basically none that need spyin' on
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
I have often thought about city hunters coming out here in sticks with drones looking at ranch to see where we are, at our lakes, deer and turkey’s , I had one but in these winds it was a PITA, gave it grandson, I want to check cattle out , when cows go of and drop calves in heavy cover, I would not like poacher’s, trying to look at anything, I would try to follow it to owner.

Dude,

Except...........there's hardly a neighbor around and basically none that need spyin' on

Well, you know what that means.

Dude,

Well, you know what that means.

prolly means they're spyin on me.

I better check, scope out the scoper outers?
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
Love this, I have a drone that will carry 8 pounds. Be great to drop a bag of [bleep] on a crack head.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/22/24
High quality whisper quiet Leishy 2 air gun in 30 cal lights out to 75 yards and quiet as hekk
Posted By: KFWA Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/24/24
the twra case of them putting cameras on private land of a suspected poacher is interesting. The ruling is they can't do it without a search warrant

obviously not the same as flying a drone in the air but the intent would be the same. Lets say they have the technology to fly a drone autonomously for several hours , does it really matter if its tacked onto a fencepost or 100' in the air?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Aggravating People w/Drone - 01/24/24
All of this drone stuff is likely pushed by .gov behind the scenes. Maybe subsidized. Get you used to all of the privacy invasion and then when .gov puts cameras more places. all places. Mics. Etc... it will be hard to complain because everyone is doing it.

Luckily for us have not seen a drone over our place yet. One flew over the boat in AK once and hovered right over my boss and myself. He pulled his pistol. Drone left quickly.
© 24hourcampfire