Home
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Remission - update - 01/30/24
Some of you may recall a post I made 11 weeks ago, sharing my cancer diagnosis and the upcoming chemotherapy and immunotherapy. I was positive going into it and I'm very happy to report that I finished my last immunotherapy infusion today and as of two weeks ago, all my blood test results were normal, indicating that my bone marrow was again fully functional and that I am in remission. grin

My skin on my hands and feet look like a 2nd degree burn victim's hands, with a lot of cracking, bleeding, swelling and peeling, but that will begin to heal now that the therapy has concluded. Despite all the bad things that COULD have happened (nausea, bone pain, infections, hair loss), I experienced relatively few side effects and direct effects of the chemo and antibody treatments, and only missed days of work on the days I actually received the infusions (which also included a 4-hour round-trip to Denver.

I received many messages and warm wishes from this board and I just wanted to thank you all for the words of encouragement. It's amazing that less than 90 after my diagnosis that I would be in remission, one likely to last many years, hopefully more than a decade. I'll get another bone marrow biopsy in May to check for residual remaining disease and it's my prayer than they will not find any.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope it keeps going well for you .
Posted By: dale06 Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
That’s great news!
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad to hear you are whipping up on that terrible disease, WyColoCowboy. Hang in there and keep on truckin'.

L.W.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great news, sir! Cancer is no joke.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Good news indeed. Hope you have a lot of good years ahead. My buddy starts immunotherapy Wednesday and I am nervous for him. Hoping he makes out as well as you. Cancer is a bad deal.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad to hear👍👍
Posted By: rong Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great news indeed
thanks for keeping everyone updated
That’s great to hear OP!!
Posted By: Riverc Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great News, my wife has 3 chemo treatments down with 3 to go. She's doing good so far side effects haven't been bad. She's lost all her hair she's not liking that.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
I glad for you & your family that you had positive result............hard physical & mental trial.

Good luck with your recovery.

MM
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad to hear you got a clean bill for now.

Hope that the next tests come back in your favor.

Hang in there.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Cancer sucks.

Glad you're whoopin' its ass
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
May He keep you and your family in the palm of His hand.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Wonderful news. I hope you remain both healthy and in remission.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Amen! I am very happy for you! Sleep well tonight.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Dammit man! I'm not on here enough to catch everything and I missed your diagnosis. And really happy to hear the news in this post!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Two Thumbs Up!!
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Good deal. Cancer sucks, especially your own..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
PTL, glad to hear that good news.
Posted By: plumbum Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Some of you may recall a post I made 11 weeks ago, sharing my cancer diagnosis and the upcoming chemotherapy and immunotherapy. I was positive going into it and I'm very happy to report that I finished my last immunotherapy infusion today and as of two weeks ago, all my blood test results were normal, indicating that my bone marrow was again fully functional and that I am in remission. grin

My skin on my hands and feet look like a 2nd degree burn victim's hands, with a lot of cracking, bleeding, swelling and peeling, but that will begin to heal now that the therapy has concluded. Despite all the bad things that COULD have happened (nausea, bone pain, infections, hair loss), I experienced relatively few side effects and direct effects of the chemo and antibody treatments, and only missed days of work on the days I actually received the infusions (which also included a 4-hour round-trip to Denver.

I received many messages and warm wishes from this board and I just wanted to thank you all for the words of encouragement. It's amazing that less than 90 after my diagnosis that I would be in remission, one likely to last many years, hopefully more than a decade. I'll get another bone marrow biopsy in May to check for residual remaining disease and it's my prayer than they will not find any.

Always great to hear great news!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Amen Brother!!

That's the way to kick it's ASS!!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Outstanding news Cowboy! Prayers offered for continued remission and good health.
Posted By: LBP Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
This is great news, prayers answered!
Posted By: Aviator Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great news!!
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Awesome news !!!!
That's awesome! Good luck going forward!
Posted By: ribka Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
love to hear this. beating cancer. good on you
Posted By: Huntz Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Cool beans. Kick cancers ass!!
Posted By: DMc Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Terrific news! Very happy for you.
Posted By: hanco Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
That is very good news
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad for you!
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Glad you are having a positive outcome.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great news, enjoy life!
Posted By: g5m Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Good!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Good news!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Outstanding! Glad to hear it.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great News!
Posted By: SKane Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Fantastic news - congrats!
Posted By: Scotty Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Great news
Posted By: carrollco Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
So glad to hear of your good news ! May you enjoy good health from now on out. Make each day count! Make memories and try not to leave things unsaid or undone.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

That is awesome news! Cancer is a royal bitch. Have had it myself. Just lost a coworker to it. Was only 53
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
thanks for the follow up report, and it sounds like good news.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
God bless you, anyone who beats cancer is my hero.........
Posted By: acy Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
That's great news.
Posted By: Deans Re: Remission - update - 01/30/24
Prayers of thanks and continued cancer free sent.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I would like to ask, if we know someone who is battling cancer, take a moment and say a prayer for them.
Cowboy hasn't been on here for a while, if we can all pray collectively for him to be cancer free.

Thanks, have a good day.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I would like to ask, if we know someone who is battling cancer, take a moment and say a prayer for them.
Cowboy hasn't been on here for a while, if we can all pray collectively for him to be cancer free.

Thanks, have a good day.

Indeed!

Prayers lifted.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Yes
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Excellent news! You're a fighter for sure. It takes a strong person to go through what you've been through. I hope your future is long healthy one!
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Much appreciate the update and especially for the good news for you and your family.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
God speed. Keep it up.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
God Bless 🙌
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Glad you're on the mend
Posted By: colodog Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
That's the news we were all hoping to hear!

Thanks for the update!
Posted By: carrollco Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Thanks for posting such good news. Refreshing to hear something besides doom and gloom. I pray you will continue to enjoy good health and many years to make memories with your loved ones. Just heard today a neighbor on our road died as well as a former pastor who was a Vietnam vet. We are just getting over the 2024 version of Covid. They said I probably would not survive Covid again. Still cussing our government after writing a check to the Infernal Revenue Service today.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
Good to hear, and best of luck going forward. It's a tough nut, but there are inroads being made every day.

Our kid (33) is presently in a melanoma battle. Initial surgery confirmed it had made it from his calf to lymph nodes in his groin. They just recently upped his meds bigtime. No idea on the prognosis. I'm a eternal optimist, but I pray every day that it's eventually whipped, and he at least outlives his mom. Being our only child, I think the loss would really take the wind out of her sails.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Remission - update - 04/12/24
What news? He said that cowboy hasn't been here. Nothing about his condition.
Posted By: G23 Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Always nice to hear good news.

G23
Posted By: acy Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
That's fantastic! Hopefully you'll never have to go through that again.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Prayers of thanks
Posted By: Aviator Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Great news!
Posted By: Riverc Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Hope cowboy is doing ok will pray for him, I talk to God often ask him to not take my wife from me she's doing ok now but her cancer is the aggressive type, found out today my cousin's breast cancer has come back after being in remission since 2014. I've lost quite a few friends and family from this disease I hate cancer.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
Hope cowboy is doing ok will pray for him, I talk to God often ask him to not take my wife from me she's doing ok now but her cancer is the aggressive type, found out today my cousin's breast cancer has come back after being in remission since 2014. I've lost quite a few friends and family from this disease I hate cancer.

It’s a fuggin epidemic especially in some families.

Read today that chemo drugs are in short supply nationally and that in some areas doctors are having to triage patient’s’ treatment regimens.

Prayers for your wife and loved ones, Riverc.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Thank you for this Erik - have been praying for you and hoping for such news. I admire your spirit and perseverance, and am happy for you and your family.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Great news ! I hope all goes well for you.You WILL come back from it.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Great news! Hang in there and keep fighting!
Posted By: 163bc Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
awesome news
Posted By: oldcuss Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Glad for you and yours - Prayer works!
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Great news cowboy, the power of prayer manifesting again. God bless you all.
Posted By: EdM Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

Kinda what I was wondering???
Posted By: CCCC Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Yes - seemed a bit confusing - but took a look and there are at least 50 registered guys with "cowboy" in their screen names. Probably a different guy also fighting cancer. If so, fight on!
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by EdM
Yes - seemed a bit confusing - but took a look and there are at least 50 registered guys with "cowboy" in their screen names. Probably a different guy also fighting cancer. If so, fight on!

I guess, I was thinking everyone would read the entire story.
Take care.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Remission - update - 04/13/24
We don't know how he's doing. I will pray for his recovery, but as you said, we don't know what's going on with him. It's not like you gave us an update.
© 24hourcampfire