Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Go Woke, Go Broke.
Posted By: Oldidaho Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Go Woke, Go Broke.
Airplanes go SPLAT.

fixed it.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
I’d feel much better and safer if they were committed to finding the most qualified people to work for Southwest Airlines.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Originally Posted by dale06
I’d feel much better and safer if they were committed to finding the most qualified people to work for Southwest Airlines.

But that would be racist !

Southwest = If Walmart had an Airline
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Notice the grammar error. Obviously wasn't proofread. That's what DEI gets you over meritocracy. Transfer that to Leadership and flying the planes. Big Fail.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Southwest was a far better airline in my opinion when Herb Kelleher was in charge. I wouldn't fly on them on a bet now. LUV field is the worst airport I have been to in years for both layout and parking. Thank goodness DFW is closer for me and much easier to navigate.
Posted By: victoro Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
I used to fly Southwest a lot when all the flight attendants were friendly hot young women wearing shorts (no "men") and all the pilots were men. I don't fly at all now.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
The airline I avoid, if at all possible.
They've shrunk the seats 'til I don't fit - butt works just fine, the shoulders don't.
Then, they'll usually put some small person right next to me on the aisle side. I HATE crowding others into a multi hour lean into the aisle, or squashed up against the wall!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Originally Posted by Longbob
Southwest was a far better airline in my opinion when Herb Kelleher was in charge. I wouldn't fly on them on a bet now. LUV field is the worst airport I have been to in years for both layout and parking. Thank goodness DFW is closer for me and much easier to navigate.
except when Love field was all there was and it was just fine. Just like Hobby.

Thankfully no one is forced to fly at least.

Actually by choice I am since I will never set foot in Kanada again but I digress.

OTOH they could have all kept bigger seats and doubled the cost of the tickets or more.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Yep, good ole Love Field, they had some damn good looking waitresses back in the day, I remember getting on prop planes there, that was before that whole area of Dallas became the biggest Queer area of the state.
Posted By: deltakid Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Unfortunately, all the airlines are going this way. United is run by cross dressing question mark, pushing "diversity" in hiring for pilots. Alaska is also big time diverse, so we haven't heard from Delta yet.
Son and Daughter in law , fly for Delta, both had long careers in military, conservative as I am, hard to do, they will be pissed. I expect are already.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by dale06

But that would be racist !

Southwest = If Walmart had an Airline

No

There's way worse
Posted By: scottishkat Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Notice the grammar error. Obviously wasn't proofread. That's what DEI gets you over meritocracy. Transfer that to Leadership and flying the planes. Big Fail.

I caught that just brilliant.

Inspired with confidence here.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Ugh.
Have flown Southwest for the last decade, what few times a year I flew.
Before that I bounced around carriers. Late flights, missed connections, puddle jumpers, etc. HATED Delta.

Then took a new gig last spring. Flying every other week. Still flying Southwest and still pretty content with them vs what I hear about everyone else. I’m A-List with them now, and they’ve taken care of me a time or two.

Hate to hear they’re going woke. But not shocked. Once upon a time, that would have been certain death for any airline, given the clientele, but now, flying is no different than a greyhound bus. Just faster.

I fly out of Nashville, which doesn’t suck any worse that any other airport. Better than some.
Excellent point, flying is just like riding a bus nowadays.
Posted By: LouieM Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/02/24
Better the boardroom than the cockpit.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
Originally Posted by victoro
I used to fly Southwest a lot when all the flight attendants were friendly hot young women wearing shorts (no "men") and all the pilots were men. I don't fly at all now.

Remember?...

(Sorry I couldn't find a higher resolution version on YouTube. This one was uploaded to YouTube way back on July 8, 2006.)
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Notice the grammar error. Obviously wasn't proofread. That's what DEI gets you over meritocracy.

LOL...

Missed that on the first scan.

Pathetic.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
Originally Posted by Angus55
Excellent point, flying is just like riding a bus nowadays.

I say that every time I ride one
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
The two major choices out of Salt Lake City are Delta and Southwest. I have "miles" credit cards for both of them from almost 40 years ago. Gonna ditch both of those cards soon. Don't fly much any more, and so the miles are useless.

Considering those DEI statements, I don't WANT to fly much any more, either.
Posted By: hanco Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
Girl I went to high school with works for them, says it’s going to schit. The darkies they hire ain’t worth a cshit for nothing. She says they are lazy, no account, cause everyone else to pick up their slack
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/03/24
I miss Herb. Look at the city of Atlanta. Once a shining city in the south. Now a sh—hole of a city. SWA is on the downhill skid. Hiring on anything other than merit never works.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/04/24
I wish we could tell those execs that their heart surgeon for today is a Black woman with no medical training at all, but she's the DEI hire. We wish you well.
Posted By: GringoCazador Re: Southwest Airlines - 02/04/24
I’m glad I don’t have to fly Southwest Airlines twice a week like I had to back in the 90’s.
© 24hourcampfire