Home
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Any of you have experience? Bought a new property and plan to build in a year or so. The other option would be Verizon hot spot or internet.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
another option is Starlink

You'll like that better than Dishnet
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Any of you have experience? Bought a new property and plan to build in a year or so. The other option would be Verizon hot spot or internet.

Just don't.

Get Starlink.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Dish will cut out every time it's cloudy, rainy,etc.
Starlink is the answer.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
No to your question.

If available in your locale-We use a T-Mobile home internet box. $50/month for unlimited. Wife works from home and is on video conferences all day. Stream YouTube tv and all the other streaming services the kids use. Zero issues.

My buddies got Starlink at their office and love it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Some of y'all must have good cell service.

Some days we can't get a phone call out................or in. Incoming ones many times go straight to voicemail. I think we hit one tower here, and some days it might not be working well. Many times I have to restart my phone just to reconnect to the system or I can't do anything.

But, we have a line of sight ISP set up with a local company. I much prefer giving them our $38/mo compared to the +/- $100 we were giving to HughesNet. Never go with them if you can avoid it. They suck donkey balls. We had to use them for a few years after we first moved in as the local folks didn't have the capacity at that time for new customers. And get this, they were nice enough to their existing ones to not overload their system and provide poor service just to get more customers on the books.

Good luck with it OP. Maybe the Starlink deal is a solution. I sure hate clogging up the sky with more junk. But who knows, maybe my ISP is getting their signal from Elon's strings of light?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
We're the same Geno but with no lines of sight[Appalachian hills&hollers].
We just gave up a couple of years back.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
We were using Dobson, land line, horrible, we tried several others, HughesNet is biggest rip off in country, can’t believe they haven’t been sued out of existence, now doing T-Mobile, not great, we have boosters everywhere too, live in the sticks, nothing is good.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
avoid DISH at all costs.
They are notorious for raising prices annually, and not giving you any more channels along with the price increase. Plus you're paying mostly for channels that you don't ever watch anyways.
If there's anyways to get set up to stream, do it....

there's a reason that DISH is losing customers left and right.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by TRnCO
avoid DISH at all costs.
They are notorious for raising prices annually, and not giving you any more channels along with the price increase. Plus you're paying mostly for channels that you don't ever watch anyways.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by TRnCO
avoid DISH at all costs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And DirecTv is no better.
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
DISH—NEVER!! Their customer service is so far below any other co. I know, you almost would not believe it could be that bad!

Dean
I don’t know about Dish for TV, I had DirecTV for 24 years, there price never stopped going up, I had everything, there service sucked, they got to big. I dropped them and went to Dish, for last 4 or five years, they are cheaper a month, and satellite is just as good, and I can take my little box out of house and put in RV with satellite on top of RV , doesn’t cost anymore. I think everything is equal out here in sticks.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
When we bought our place in CO (11,200 ft), there was a Dish on site. Didn’t take me long to tear it all out.

We use a group called “A New Way to Net”. Basically uses the cell tower network. Has been great for our use, cell phones, lap tops, TV streaming.

Our “neighbors” that work from home and need a lot more juice than we do have Starlink and are very pleased with it.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
NEVER do business with "Cheap Charlie", and NEVER work for Dish.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by kudu3
DISH—NEVER!! Their customer service is so far below any other co. I know, you almost would not believe it could be that bad!

Dean

Their founder is the biggest [bleep] in all of Colorado.

He's a billionaire who never tips.

That should tell you everything you need to know about him.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Dish Internet - 02/23/24
'
https://www.starlink.com/
Thanks for Starlink , we have a T-Mobile tower about two miles away, I think it’s to close, streaming sucks, internet slow, will check it out, for 120 a month it better be fast.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Dish Internet - 02/24/24
They are running fibreoptics by us.
Posted By: acy Re: Dish Internet - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
They are running fibreoptics by us.

That's really cool. Probably doesn't help the OP though.🤦
Posted By: BufordBoone Re: Dish Internet - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by Angus55
Thanks for Starlink , we have a T-Mobile tower about two miles away, I think it’s to close, streaming sucks, internet slow, will check it out, for 120 a month it better be fast.

I just ran a speedtest on my Starlink. 91.61 down, 18.85 up. It is not unusual to get 150+ down. I've also gotten as low as 50 or so down.

All the above are fine for what we do.

We've fired Dish and stream TV over the Starlink (Youtube TV).

In bad weather it sometimes does go out temporarily. Other than that, we never notice any slowdowns.

Good luck.
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Dish Internet - 02/24/24
Looks like T-Mobile may be a choice. There website is no help.
© 24hourcampfire