No pic of your filthy monitor?

What a lazy SOB. Off to ignore you go. 😁

I know, how rude of the OP.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
That’s no cowboy!
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Unlike most of the hollyweird perverts, Ben Johnson was a real cowboy. He was a world champion in team roping with his Dad. Also, a great actor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Johnson_(actor)
Posted By: Fury01 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Ben raised good horses. Probably rode his own in the movies.
Posted By: poboy Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
One of the best.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
He was one of the better cowboy actors.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
He was th real deal. He didn't have to play a cowboy.............he WAS a cowboy.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by JamesJr
He was th real deal. He didn't have to play a cowboy.............he WAS a cowboy.

True.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
anusbender: To use the term "good actor" in any way, in reference to Ben Johnson is an insult to your own intelligence (lack of)!
Makes me wonder what planet YOU have been living on???
Ben Johnson IS one of the finest, most accomplished, long lived and talented actors EVER to grace the schithole now known as hollywood!
My two most favorite acting roles (out of the hundreds of screen and TV roles he had) were in "The Wild Bunch" and in "The Last Picture Show" (for which he won an Oscar and several other esteemed awards).
"Good" - sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
I like him on the hundred dollar bill......
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Shane and One Eyed Jacks. Many others.

L.W.
Posted By: Santiam Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
He ain't no spook with track shoes on!
Posted By: Bushwacker Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Him and Richard Farnsworth were two of my favorites. Minus Jane Fonda, the movie Comes a Horseman was watched over and over, until I wore out that VHS tape. Cried when Farnsworth died, everytime!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
anusbender: To use the term "good actor" in any way, in reference to Ben Johnson is an insult to your own intelligence (lack of)!
Ben Johnson IS one of the finest, most accomplished, long lived and talented actors EVER to grace the schithole now known as hollywood!
My two most favorite acting roles (out of the hundreds of screen and TV roles he had) were in "The Wild Bunch" and in "The Last Picture Show" (for which he won an Oscar and several other esteemed awards).
"Good" - sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Gee whiz, dale. I thought we had gotten past the name calling and had reached an accord.

Ease up ya overachiever.
You could have asked for someone to explain what a 24hour campfire trope is.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
“It's a hell of a thing; killin' a man. You take away everything hes got and everything hes gonna have.”

-Ben Johnson in Hang em High
Posted By: add Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
"Good" - sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Unfortunately, you are not better than this.
Posted By: POKERFACE6 Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
“It's a hell of a thing; killin' a man. You take away everything hes got and everything hes gonna have.”

? William Munny (clint)- Unforgiven

"I guess he had it coming"

"We all got it coming kid"
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Good one.
Posted By: sackett Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6

He was trying to be funny by putting a quote from the wrong movie. Not sure why people do that......it make no sense is rather stupid
Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6

He was trying to be funny by putting a quote from the wrong movie. Not sure why people do that......it make no sense is rather stupid

That was what I was thinking about the time I replied....Joe
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by ironbender
"Good" - sheesh!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Gee whiz, dale. I thought we had gotten past the name calling and had reached an accord.

Ease up ya overachiever.
Name calling has not, nor ever will be "gotten past" on this here Campfire thing.

Neither will invitations to meet at some out of the way restaurant for fisticuffs between grumpy old men.
But seriously , true or not, I was told that my grandfather coon hunted with Johnson a few times back in the day .He died in the early 70's and never was able to hear the stories from him . Grandfather lived in SW Arkansas on the Oklahoma border at the time . When I was young and watching movies with my dad every time a Ben Johnson movie came on he would say, "your Papaw went coon hunting with him back in the day , they traded some dogs and such"... Joe
Posted By: DHN Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Name calling has not, nor ever will be "gotten past" on this here Campfire thing.

Neither will invitations to meet at some out of the way restaurant for fisticuffs between grumpy old men.
Have any invitations ever been accepted? I'd pay to watch some of these old farts go at it!
My late friend Randy in da banks ( 1ak; 2L2Q) used to offer to send some of these yayhoos a plane ticket to come up for their ass whippin’.
Originally Posted by DHN

Have any invitations ever been accepted? I'd pay to watch some of these old farts go at it!

I heard rumors someone once drove somewhere to look for a fella.

My late friend Randy in da banks ( 1ak; 2L2Q) used to offer to send some of these yayhoos a plane ticket to come up for their ass whippin’.

Dang. That fellow own a well up there on the Slope or something? Maybe a good portion of stock in AK Airlines?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Yeah, and he started all them libraries.
Originally Posted by DHN

Dang. That fellow own a well up there on the Slope or something? Maybe a good portion of stock in AK Airlines?
Hairdresser.

Seriously.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Ben Johnson - 02/27/24
Ol’ Randy dead 2 years last month. He was a A-OK.
Originally Posted by DHN

Hairdresser.

Seriously.

Dude,

I believe you!

Folks take their tresses way to fuggin seriously.

Wash mine, brush it out, tie it up with 3-4 hair ties, good to go. I ain't paying someone to doll it all up, or make it "high and tight". Sheesh.

Glad your buddy was able to make a living off them folks though. I've had a couple friends in that business too.
He was a friend of many here, G. I’d be surprised if youse two didn’t post to each other at some time.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ben Johnson - 02/29/24
He was a friend of many here, G. I’d be surprised if youse two didn’t post to each other at some time.
If not directly to each other, I'm pretty sure I read a few of his posts.
© 24hourcampfire