Home
Posted By: gonehuntin Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Anybody ever get mail from him??
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
No
Posted By: HawkI Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Is he the Jewish chink that sells those rubber stamps?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Preacher man?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
I had a co-worker who was a former minister in a small church. He had a young couple in his church who were ardent followers of Hinn. They had a daughter with some kind of serious congenital disease and they wrote to Hinn asking him to pray for her on one of his shows. They got a letter back that they showed to my friend. It said "Mr Hinn would be glad to pray for her on his show upon receipt of your generous gift of $1000.'

Jesus had something to say about people like Hinn:
Mt 6:5 "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

Hinn has received his reward in this life. He might find rewards lacking in the next. God takes a very dim view of people who try to sell his gifts.
Posted By: BLG Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
My brother in law's ex mother in law, got the holy spirit one day in Marvin Gorman's church. He was a local televangelist. She proceeded to put her wedding ring in the offering plate. It cost his ex father in law $25,000 to get it back from the "preacher".

True story.

Clyde
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Let The Bodies Hit The Floor.

Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by BLG
My brother in law's ex mother in law, got the holy spirit one day in Marvin Gorman's church. He was a local televangelist. She proceeded to put her wedding ring in the offering plate. It cost his ex father in law $25,000 to get it back from the "preacher".

True story.

Clyde

$25,000?! It would have been cheaper to punch him in his mouth and dare him to call the cops.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Anybody ever get mail from him??

If jaggy ever does he'll bite....hook, line, and sinker.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That was a fantastic mashup. Just what I needed.

One might think with all that power he has, perhaps he doesn't need a microphone. He could just introduce his voice into folks' heads, telepathically like, no??
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by BLG

True story.

Clyde

It would have stayed in the plate, if it were mine.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That was a fantastic mashup. Just what I needed.

One might think with all that power he has, perhaps he doesn't need a microphone. He could just introduce his voice into folks' heads, telepathically like, no??

He was TikTok before TikTok was Kool.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Is he the guy that healed the cripple and the hair lip?
Posted By: BLG Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by BLG

True story.

Clyde

Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by BLG

True story.

Clyde

I agree Elroy, but if they were in his church to begin with…..

Clyde
Posted By: slumlord Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
pAstor miSSY tolD us to sEnd him $500
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Originally Posted by BLG

True story.

Clyde
JFC
Posted By: longarm Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
He wuz funee
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/27/24
Posted By: DBT Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
I'm watching the Righteous Gemstones series, hilarious, charismatic preacher in action.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
His own nephew threw Benny under the fake bus after traveling with Hinn for 18 years.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
Originally Posted by Chisos
His own nephew threw Benny under the fake bus after traveling with Hinn for 18 years.
only after he made his millions off of that scam first
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
You would like to think that using god to make a buck would get you E-ticket to hell. But no it does not, it does get you into the fortune 500 listing pretty quick!
Posted By: RHClark Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
I've been to see him. I was always open to God doing whatever, but I wasn't going to fake anything. I figure he is a scammer like most of them, but even so he may have done more good overall than other scammers who made even more money. I'll let God be his judge and not let him live in my head rent free. I haven't thought of the guy in many years.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
I like the song so I watched the vid..................... after I laughed ass off I got depressed. This country is worse off than I thought.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
Gonehuntin: NO... thank goodness.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Simplepeddler Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
Originally Posted by BLG

True story.

Clyde

Happens way more than you might think. Quite common in fact. The story of Marvin Gorman making a guy pay to get a ring back has been spread many times............and debunked as many times.

Marvin Gorman won a defamation lawsuit against Swaggart back in the day.

'Let us prey" is a book written about the entire saga. Hunter Lundy wrote the book. He represented Gorman in the lawsuit and gave his life to Christ through the entire ordeal.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
Originally Posted by RHClark
I've been to see him. I was always open to God doing whatever, but I wasn't going to fake anything. I figure he is a scammer like most of them, but even so he may have done more good overall than other scammers who made even more money. I'll let God be his judge and not let him live in my head rent free. I haven't thought of the guy in many years.
Jesus said that many would come in his name. We're to be aware of them but they're God's meat. He'll deal with them in his own time and his own way. But even in NT times, they did spread the word and people got saved because of them. They're just getting their rewards now in front of men and it's very short lived. What counts is what you later get in from of the Lord.

I don't know what to think of that slain in the spirit thing. I don't see a word about it in scripture. I can't go so far to say it's all fake. If it is from the Spirit, that would be calling his works fake. You really don't want to do that. It's just that scripture gives us a long list of the gifts of the Spirit and I don't see that on the list.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus said that many would come in his name. We're to be aware of them but they're God's meat. He'll deal with them in his own time and his own way. But even in NT times, they did spread the word and people got saved because of them. They're just getting their rewards now in front of men and it's very short lived. What counts is what you later get in from of the Lord.

I don't know what to think of that slain in the spirit thing. I don't see a word about it in scripture. I can't go so far to say it's all fake. If it is from the Spirit, that would be calling his works fake. You really don't want to do that. It's just that scripture gives us a long list of the gifts of the Spirit and I don't see that on the list.

Isaiah 66:16'" (See Isaiah 66:16.) The sword is the Word of God. The fire is the Holy Spirit. The slain of the Lord are those who fall under conviction or who fall like dead men under the power of God.
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

Isaiah 66:16
That's talking about really killling them, not this falling down.
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

Isaiah 66:16
That's talking about really killling them, not this falling down.

Not disagreeing with you, just showing this is the scripture leaned on when being explained.
To do that, you have to totally ignore the context. God is mad and he's coming with his angels to deal with evil doers.

This is just part of it:
Isa 66:15 "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the whirlwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire will the LORD enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.
17 "Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig’s flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the LORD.
Ignoring context is a fan favorite of the religious.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
The Blacks loved this guy. The ones who lived on my mail route used to get mail from him, and in return they would send him money.
Posted By: Steve Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/28/24
They never heal amputees. Funny...
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
I went to Oral Roberts University for a year and a half early 80s. Saw people like Benny Hinn. Saw Swaggart and Jim Baker. I knew instantly they were frauds. I saw others that had spiritual gifts that looked real to me, saw miraculous things happen to people I knew. But they are men, and when money is given and given most are corrupted and unfortunately it becomes all about the money too many times. They are the ones that will have to answer for it.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
Grandparents went to visit my Grandmother’s Brothers’s family around 20 years or so ago (grandparents are both gone now).

It pretty much stayed on TBN at her brother’s place. Benny Hinn was on. Grandad had a pretty good sense of humor and a pretty loud BS meter. He had also never watched Benny Hinn.

He was on the couch laughing his ass off
when they asked him if he ever watched Benny Hinn. He replied he never had “but that crap was pretty funny to watch”. My Grandmother’s elbow bruising his ribs let him know that they took it pretty seriously.

She got half steamed at him for years after whenever that story go brought up……😂
Posted By: DBT Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
The Benny Hin's, Oral Roberts, Kenny Copeland's of the world have been around for a long long time, including in ancient times.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
Originally Posted by DBT
The Benny Hin's, Oral Roberts, Kenny Copeland's of the world have been around for a long long time, including in ancient times.

It's a good living if you don't mind paying the price for it.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I went to Oral Roberts University for a year and a half early 80s. Saw people like Benny Hinn. Saw Swaggart and Jim Baker. I knew instantly they were frauds. I saw others that had spiritual gifts that looked real to me, saw miraculous things happen to people I knew. But they are men, and when money is given and given most are corrupted and unfortunately it becomes all about the money too many times. They are the ones that will have to answer for it.
In Acts, the Bible says that Paul could touch handkerchiefs and the like. Then they would be taken to sick people who laid the cloth on themselves and were healed.
Oral Roberts was trying to do the same thing with cutouts of his hand. Big difference - Roberts was SELLING them. God absolutely forbids that.
Posted By: antlers Re: Binny Hen.... - 02/29/24
Hopefully folks can see through the charlatans and not look at anyone else or anything else…including their circumstances…to determine where they stand with God.

Jesus’ followers shouldn't look to circumstances to determine whether or not God loves em’, whether or not God is with em’, or whether or not God cares about em’. They oughta look to a single event that took place on a hill outside the walls of Jerusalem. That's where they oughta look, where God sent His son to pay for all of our sins. And that was His way of sayin’ that He has removed every obstacle between us and Him so that we can have fellowship with Him. And He does love us unconditionally. And He can hear our prayers regardless of our sin. And He can comfort us.

Jesus’ followers who are in a right relationship with God never, ever, ever, ever, ever have to wonder if God loves them, or if God cares about them, or if God is with them.
© 24hourcampfire