Home
It's cutting the size of the Army.

24,000 US Army positions cut amid recruitment woes

The United States Army is reducing the size of its force by roughly 24,000 troops as the military service continues to struggle to meet recruitment goals.

According to a new document on the structural transformation of the U.S. Army, the decrease in the size of military service is intended to position the Army to be better equipped to fight future wars. While the document outlined multiple ways the Army is planning to invest in a restructuring of the force, it claimed that force reductions were necessary.

“While making these investments and adding formations, the Army must also reduce force structure to protect readiness in light of decreased end strength,” the Army stated. “The Army is currently significantly over-structured, meaning there are not enough soldiers to fill out existing units and organizations.”

The Army announced that while the current structure of the military service is designed to have 494,000 soldiers, the total number of active-duty soldiers is currently 445,000. Based on the restructuring plan, the Army is striving to achieve a goal of 470,000 active-duty troops by Fiscal Year 2029.

American Military News

Well that was easy. I guess.
[quote=SupFoo[
According to a new document on the structural transformation of the U.S. Army, the decrease in the size of military service is intended to position the Army to be better equipped to fight lose future wars. .[/quote]
Fify
Why not
Everything else we do is stupid
yep typical liberal democrat thinking ,if it isnt the way you want it to be ,just change the definition of it . Just like inflation numbers is this ,without fuel or food cost ,ect, ect,ect, .cant recruit new troops .we reducing the troop numbers problem solved and not our fault nobody joining ..
Just like radically lowering the standards to get a high school diploma results in a higher graduation rate. See how that works?
See it in all sectors…when I worked for GM if too many parts were falling out of tolerance, they opened up the tolerances
It's about par for them. Ignore the cause of the problem and adjust to suit the problem you created.
With the latest War here and there we should be increasing our strength not reduce it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
You don't need a large standing Army just to be vaporized by nukes.
Probably the plan is to place those jobs in Army Reserve or NG units. Our state has a some NG units that are for processing and guarding POWs.
Patriotism is one of the primary motivations for joining the military. Love of country was a great motivator. Consider Pat Tillman, putting a lucrative career in football aside in order to serve his nation!
But the mask is off now. Most patriotic people recognize now that the US government is the greatest threat to America and our way of life.
I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. The government no longer believes in the Constitution.
For 15 years after my ETS, I tried to encourage young people to join. I thought it helped me to be a better man, and I considered it a cornerstone to a good future.
I now know better. There’s no way I would encourage military service for anyone.
Reon
Typical Democrat reaction, when you fail just lower the bar.
Originally Posted by cra1948
See it in all sectors…when I worked for GM if too many parts were falling out of tolerance, they opened up the tolerances
Ya, and that shît used to piss me the fųck off. Dayshift wouldn't turn it over to maintenance to get the problem fixed, they'd run it all day just to get their production numbers. I'd walk in on second shift, they'd be on my azz expecting me to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off fixing the problem. Of course they'd charge the downtime to maintenance...
Now they can divert those military funds to give more benefits to the illegal aliens. Its all good, right?
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Patriotism is one of the primary motivations for joining the military. Love of country was a great motivator. Consider Pat Tillman, putting a lucrative career in football aside in order to serve his nation!
But the mask is off now. Most patriotic people recognize now that the US government is the greatest threat to America and our way of life.
I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. The government no longer believes in the Constitution.
For 15 years after my ETS, I tried to encourage young people to join. I thought it helped me to be a better man, and I considered it a cornerstone to a good future.
I now know better. There’s no way I would encourage military service for anyone.
Reon

Ironic that Tilman, a wonderful brave talentedyoung man, was killed by American troops. The army tried and tried cover up that major phug up

The good patriotic athletic young males are now finally waking up to the military service scam and avoiding service
Well, now we can cut their budget by $1.2 billion; the cost savings of what those 24k people would cost.
Wow, thinking outside the box. Is this the same guy who thought the Marines didn’t need tanks or snipers?
1984 math
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Typical Democrat reaction, when you fail just lower the bar.
And then any idiot can waltz right in.
© 24hourcampfire