Home
I guess it could be worse, he could have Wendy be a tranny who use to go by Wendell
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy’s is preparing to test an “Uber-style” surge-pricing model where the cost of menu items will fluctuate throughout the day based on demand — meaning a Dave’s burger will cost more during the lunch or dinner rush.

The fast-food chain’s unappetizing plans, set to be tested in a high-stakes rollout next year, will squeeze more money out of already inflation-battered Americans who may not have the option to eat their meals during “off-peak” hours.

Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner announced the new system on a call with investors, noting the Ohio-based company will invest $20 million on high-tech menu boards that will be able to update prices in real-time without incurring additional overhead costs.

Come 2025, Wendy's is implementing a dynamic pricing model that will see prices fluxuate throughout the day based on demand, meaning items will cost more during the breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes.

“As we continue to show the benefit of this technology in our company-operated restaurants, franchisee interest in digital menu boards should increase further supporting sales and profit growth across the system,” said Tanner, who rose to the chief role earlier this month.

Tanner didn’t put a ceiling on how much the dynamic pricing model could spike the cost of a meal or whether the base price would actually fall during slower periods.

---------------
F@ck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.
Some businesses in the hospitality sector in the UK have either proposed this, or run a trial. Think it was a major bar chain and maybe restaraunt from memory. Could try searching BBC news website.

The punters / clientele voted with their feet/ wallets.

Oh dear, free market competition can hurt.
Originally Posted by Irving_D
F@ck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.

Yep
Wendy's is already overpriced IMHO
They been goin down hill for a while
Seems like more people would buy during slow times, making them not slow times anymore and creating more price fluctuation
I could see lowering the price during slow times from their standard pricing. Happy hour if you will. Sonic already does this, 'your morning drink stop' where their drinks are 99 cents before 11 am instead of $1.80 or whatever. Generates more traffic during the times that they aren't selling anything, still making a profit, just not as much of a profit, and sells a cheeseburger while the family is stopping for a round of cokes.

Of course the model will include that, lowering to get more traffic, but will go above normal pricing during peak times, and that is going to piss everybody off, and I would bet traffic overall goes down for Wendy's.
Meanwhile McDonald's plans to roll back prices after a price increase hurt business and stock values fell.
Wendys has already reduced the size of their sandwiches, now they want to charge you more because you can only eat at noon for lunch

I don't see that going over well.

Maybe the goal is to get people to eat lunch at 10:30 or 2
I left when they switched to those gay-ass bread n butter pickle slices. And them using romaine lettuce sucks too.
I left when they stopped employing white shamu type women. Always wearing sweatpants and shirts way too small allowing a tramp stamp sneak peek and a tiny amount of crack
I haven't eaten in a Wendy's in a long time and won't after this.

Spot on!
The line at chick-fi-A and Whataburger just got longer lol.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
The line at chick-fi-A and Whataburger just got longer lol.

Yup

Wendy's burgers are approaching slider size
Looks like us retirees just got a break! We can hit the town for dinner at 4:00 and.... Woo hoo!!...... we get 20 cents off an overpriced sandwich......livin' large....
Oh well, don't care what they do been years since I ate at Wendy's.
Same concept of Amazons dynamic pricing, air bnbs jacking rates when the superbowl is in town, and what Uber does.
I wonder if someone will file suit claiming false advertising since they have a price list in their restaurants. What could possibly go wrong with this approach?
Originally Posted by bluefish
I wonder if someone will file suit claiming false advertising since they have a price list in their restaurants. What could possibly go wrong with this approach?

Price list in the restaurant would turn into a dynamic display and simply change.

Bars have tried it in the past. Detroit Beer Exchange was one.

Originally Posted by Raeford

Yep
Wendy's is already overpriced IMHO

Not to mention the fact that their burgers have shrunk in size dramatically. 😡

A few months ago I hit their drive through because the Whataburger line was way too long, and I was in a hurry. Ordered their $5.00 “Biggie Bag” special.
Burger was about two fugging bites, and the all 4 nuggets wouldn’t have amount to one nugget at Chick-fil-A. 😡
Should be called the Wendy’s MICRO Food Portions You Got Screwed “special”

FUQK Wendy’s. I won’t be going back. Hope they Bite The Dust.

Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas is probably rolling over in his GRAVE.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I could see lowering the price during slow times from their standard pricing. Happy hour if you will. Sonic already does this, 'your morning drink stop' where their drinks are 99 cents before 11 am instead of $1.80 or whatever. Generates more traffic during the times that they aren't selling anything, still making a profit, just not as much of a profit, and sells a cheeseburger while the family is stopping for a round of cokes.

Of course the model will include that, lowering to get more traffic, but will go above normal pricing during peak times, and that is going to piss everybody off, and I would bet traffic overall goes down for Wendy's.

Probably the reason why Sonic is ALWAYS busy, no matter what time of day it is.
And they also serve their breakfast menu items all day long, too.
Noticed a commercial the other night for their Quarter Pound Cheeseburger for only $1.99.

Hope that puts a cramp in both McD’s and Wendy’s profits.
I operated a small business for years- when the economy is bad you have to accept that you'll be making less money. Big corporations refuse to do that- they start lying- conniving dreaming up ways to cheap people out of money.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I operated a small business for years- when the economy is bad you have to accept that you'll be making less money. Big corporations refuse to do that- they start lying- conniving dreaming up ways to cheap people out of money.

No doubt. Just like all the grocery store items that are now in smaller packages with less products at higher prices.
And Another Fuqking consequence of STOLEN ELECTIONS. 😡
I just went to Wendy's.com webpage to complain about this,and tell them how stupid they are. I clicked on their Contact Us .icon .all it does is take you to a bar were you type in search bar .and it does not take complaints in the search menu .So there contact us icon is just a sham.They really dont want to hear from us
That's too bad, the plain double with cheese is pretty good, but I'm not playing the "gig economy tech bro" game with a fast food restaurant.
Pretzel pub is bangin 🤤
Originally Posted by rem shooter
I just went to Wendy's.com webpage to complain about this,and tell them how stupid they are. I clicked on their Contact Us .icon .all it does is take you to a bar were you type in search bar .and it does not take complaints in the search menu .So there contact us icon is just a sham.They really dont want to hear from us
That's how all corporation websites work.
I tried to contact a Suppressor/Silencer company yesterday about two pop-ups that covered 3/4 of the page every two seconds.
Same thing with my phone.
The claim that they will be doing "surge" pricing is false, a lie, a hoax, and something just made up by some stupid reporter.

They actually will be using "dynamic" pricing to offer DISCOUNTS not increases. Story HERE

All you screaming boycotters can now just STFU.
Relax Wendy, Damn.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The claim that they will be doing "surge" pricing is false, a lie, a hoax, and something just made up by some stupid reporter.

They actually will be using "dynamic" pricing to offer DISCOUNTS not increases. Story HERE

Originally Posted by 9News Article
"The company said their initial announcement during the investor call was misinterpreted."

a) "Sounds like" they are walking it back because of the bad PR...
b) "Dynamic Pricing", even if only DOWN, would still allow them to set the "Normal" price at $20 each, and then "dynamically" adjust "down" to a more affordable price during slow times of day.

Regardless whether they "dynamically" adjust up or down, bottom line, their prices are going up...

But I want to be mad and complain about a voluntary action I took, knowing what I was getting for the price I paid and claim it's me getting cheated.
Knowing reporters as I do, I much prefer to accept what the CEO says. The brainless, leftist, Wendy's-hating reporter translated "dynamic" to be "surge" - likely out of sensationalism and to throw dirt on anything perceived as conservative.
LOL

old farts on here fussing about Wendy’s

Stay home and eat your Puss-N-Boots cod liver paté at the ‘cabin’ .

🤣🤣
I should take the boys to a Wendy's sometime.

Been 20 years since I have been to one I think.
i dont trust no CEO's or bussnesses.or trust them to tell the truth.I remember 20 years ago when Krogers went to their litttle card you scanned before they scanned your food , and told everyone they would save money ..what a false statement , before the card erything was a certian price .day they started their price saving card they raised the price on EVERYTHING .but the card only brought the price down to the same pre-card price .and only on maybe half the items they sold ..ii kept track of prices before and after ...i thought what ...a ...scam ...they are all crooks . SSooooo i absolutly see them trying this .then backtracking from the uproar over it ...t not like that CEO doesnt lie to custsomers everyday .
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Probably the reason why Sonic is ALWAYS busy, no matter what time of day it is.
And they also serve their breakfast menu items all day long, too.
Noticed a commercial the other night for their Quarter Pound Cheeseburger for only $1.99.

Hope that puts a cramp in both McD’s and Wendy’s profits.

ours offers full menu all day so if you want a double cheeseburger at 7am, you can get it.
Their stuff. They get to price it for what they want, when they want. Dynamic or otherwise.
Dynamic pricing models can work when you’re trying to spread demand over open hours, but I don’t think it’ll apply well here. Certainly can work in the hospitality/tourism sector, but this is an on-demand business, and not one that is doing well. This WILL have a negative effect.

Hi, I’m Jeff and this is my 1st campfire post.
hey Jeff

don't be alarmed at the responses you get with that admission
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Well there’s 20 Million they’ll never see again. Good show.
Originally Posted by 308Palma
Dynamic pricing models can work when you’re trying to spread demand over open hours, but I don’t think it’ll apply well here. Certainly can work in the hospitality/tourism sector, but this is an on-demand business, and not one that is doing well. This WILL have a negative effect.

Weird topic for a first post.

Fed.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Fed.

Feds aren't that smart about dynamic pricing.
I rarely eat out so this desn't affect me in any way. I cook ahead of time and i eat when i am hungry or bored.
It's called capitalism. You're either for it or you're not.

Fast food is a non vital goods and service provided by private companies. They can set their prices anyway they see fit. It will either make money or it won't. The only reason I see anyone to be concerned is if they are a shareholder.

I rarely eat fast food myself and really don't look at the price when I'm ordering. I'm either hungry or I'm not.
Why am I supposed to care what model they choose to set prices?
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Fed.

Feds aren't that smart about dynamic pricing.

A fed would have recommended giving Wendy’s “a ballistic enema”.
Your local movie theater has a surcharge for middle aged people who want to buy tickets.

They also have an additional surcharge if you want to go to the movies at night or on weekends, high volume/busy times.

Why isn’t anyone stopping them?
Good for them. I haven’t eaten there since Reagan was president and I don’t GAF if they go bankrupt. Fast food is neither fast nor is it food. McDonald’s just announced that they saw big losses over the past quarter and they are blaming it on their higher prices. They’re going to be lowering their prices according to the article I read.

I would be perfectly happy if all those crappy but expensive “fast food” joints failed. They once served a purpose where you could get a cheap meal fast but not anymore. They were once a place where a teenager could get their first part time job and experience dealing with customers but not anymore. They now hire 40+ year old illegals or barely legals who expect a “livable wage” plus benefits while they screw up every order and can’t communicate in English.

Let them all fail. No more fish sandwiches means that will hurt the giant factory trawlers that are raping our resources with their bycatch….that breaks my heart. 🖕

Dynamic pricing for a crappy meal?😂😂

I hope that all the “safe havens” for wetbacks…these are the places that facilitate this invasion, either actively or from the shadows they provide a foothold for the wetbacks and their giant broods of future takers..welfare rats and gangbangers.
Wendy’s clearly did announce the dynamic pricing change,

Now after serious negative feedback, They are stepping down and reversing that decision.

Damage control, nothing new.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Now after serious negative feedback, They are stepping down and reversing that decision.

PREZACTLY! They screwed the pooch and now are trying to do damage control. Fuqk em.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good for them. I haven’t eaten there since Reagan was president and I don’t GAF if they go bankrupt. Fast food is neither fast nor is it food. McDonald’s just announced that they saw big losses over the past quarter and they are blaming it on their higher prices. They’re going to be lowering their prices according to the article I read.

I would be perfectly happy if all those crappy but expensive “fast food” joints failed. They once served a purpose where you could get a cheap meal fast but not anymore. They were once a place where a teenager could get their first part time job and experience dealing with customers but not anymore. They now hire 40+ year old illegals or barely legals who expect a “livable wage” plus benefits while they screw up every order and can’t communicate in English.

Let them all fail. No more fish sandwiches means that will hurt the giant factory trawlers that are raping our resources with their bycatch….that breaks my heart. 🖕

Dynamic pricing for a crappy meal?😂😂

I hope that all the “safe havens” for wetbacks…these are the places that facilitate this invasion, either actively or from the shadows they provide a foothold for the wetbacks and their giant broods of future takers..welfare rats and gangbangers.

Yep. Around here, Wets and Hood rats are about all they hire.
Your local movie theater has a surcharge for middle aged people who want to buy tickets.

They also have an additional surcharge if you want to go to the movies at night or on weekends, high volume/busy times.

Why isn’t anyone stopping them?

Yep. People have been demand pricing for ages. Even in my industry.

Folks would be really pissed if they knew how Amazon changed prices.
Conservatism is dead. Many here would be OK with the government regulating fast food prices.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Conservatism is dead. Many here would be OK with the government regulating fast food prices.
Brother KFW don’t take any schidt from fast food corporations.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Brother KFW don’t take any schidt from fast food corporations.

Apparently he doesn't know the Russians are closing in on Ohio.

saying the CEO will resign for not reading the market has nothing to do with lack of conservatism on my part. That's as free market as it gets, the consumer will decide
Oh you said all that? It appears to be a news clipping cut n paste , brother
We'll see what happens when Homey T. Clown gets to the drive-up window and his burger has gone up $0.47 to $5.80 and he only has $5.33 to cover it. Somebody in an apron and nametag is gonna get a cap in their ass.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Real time pricing, high when there’s a rush and lower when it’s a regular time and days, top grade [bleep] idea.
Maybe they could just do like precious metals and sell burgers and chicken strips for x% over spot price???
Originally Posted by earlybrd
They been goin down hill for a while
The day my 15 year old self quit flipping burgers for $4,25hr back in 1992 was the demise of Wendy’s.
I don't care how they run their business. There has always been pricing strategies to increase sales and profits. Businesses that stay open all day and half the night need to find ways to get business during off peak times. Employees are there and the lights are on between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner then after dinner until they close.

There are plenty of options for food , fast or not. But it might take someone getting out of their vehicle. Interesting discussion for people who like marketing and business things but if the price of fast food isn't going to effect my life much.

I will drive by dozens of places this morning to get a breakfast sausage and a cup of coffee. But I already had my two eggs and venison sausage I cooked in five minutes at home and my coffee tumbler is full of coffee I brewed at home. I will let someone else have the high sodium and aggravation today.

Its great to be an American with more choices than can possible take advantage of.
I need to be in the hospital before I'll go to Wendy's.

There's a Wendy's in the lobby of Christ Hospital. I used to go there when I was visiting folks in Christ. Outside of that, I have done my best to stay out of Wendy's for most of my adult life.
Wendy’s was the one fast food joint my folks would take us to as kids (late 80’s/early 90’s) because the super bar could handle my appetite without emptying dad’s wallet. It was quite rare though that we would go at all though…maybe 3-4x/year. Don’t go there now b/c a handmade burger at the local tavern is bigger for the same money, has far less ‘additives’ in the meat, and my business is appreciated there.

The unwillingness of American’s to wait for anything has lead nearly every company having to compromise to respond quicker whether that’s with food, a delivery, or an answer to a technical question and yet stay profitable (by the shareholders’ definition of ‘enough’ profit).

Just like social media has done with communication, the corporitization of America is pushing commerce this way. Like everything, for a fundamental change to take place, parents would have to change their offsprings’ expectation that food, comfort, information is more than cell phone app away and there is value in delayed gratification and doing for one’s self.

And yet everyone who embraces these trends seems more stressed and unhappy than those who are trying to push back on them. My kids seem happier when they come in from playing outside all day with wet feet and dirty faces but with a new fort in the yard to show for it than when they watch Netflix. Our family has made the necessary adjustments. Ymmv. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I live one block from a Wendy's and the food isn't worth eating at any price.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
I live one block from a Wendy's and the food isn't worth eating at any price.

I'm about ~39 miles from the nearest. I don't eat there because there's nothing I've ever really enjoyed from the chain with the exception of a Frosty on a hot day. Also fries dipped in a Frosty, I'm told is Michelin Star worthy.
It's called capitalism. You're either for it or you're not.

Fast food is a non vital goods and service provided by private companies. They can set their prices anyway they see fit. It will either make money or it won't. The only reason I see anyone to be concerned is if they are a shareholder.

I rarely eat fast food myself and really don't look at the price when I'm ordering. I'm either hungry or I'm not.
Why am I supposed to care what model they choose to set prices?

Gosh thanks Captain Obvious, but this is about opinions not economics 101. Thank you for sharing your opinion that you don't care how they set prices.
[quote=oldtrapper] Also fries dipped in a Frosty, I'm told is Michelin Star worthy.

my wife and my kids do that. I can't understand why
Originally Posted by KFWA
[quote=oldtrapper] Also fries dipped in a Frosty, I'm told is Michelin Star worthy.

my wife and my kids do that. I can't understand why

Because its good!

Vanilla frosty is better than chocolate frosty for fries.

Wife thinks im nuts
Originally Posted by EIB0879
I haven't eaten in a Wendy's in a long time and won't after this.
I think Wendy's hired the carpet munching lesbian that did Bud Lite's advertising. Stupid marketing move.
So it's a stupid marketing move to offer instant discounts when business is slow, huh? Because if you read the link I posted that's what "dynamic pricing" is about. It's NOT surge pricing like Uber.
might not interest many of you but a guy breaks down how using a dynamic menu at McDonalds manipulates you into buying high margin menu items

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1764462941775004066
Nope. Don't give a schidt. Are you aware many states were and are trying to keep a President off the ballot just because they don't like him?
Until I see otherwise for myself, I will think of these electronic menus as digital coupons. If I were eating at Wendy's and the menu said "Frosty half off when you order a Combo meal" I'd be delighted to be upsold.
Until I see otherwise for myself, I will think of these electronic menus as digital coupons. If I were eating at Wendy's and the menu said "Frosty half off when you order a Combo meal" I'd be delighted to be upsold.

similar with apps

My wife and I were talking about it yesterday - if you were in an area like I am where you have a Wendys, McD's, BK, Sonic, Taco Bell, etc

you could use the deals in the apps and eat discounted food as much as you wanted (or tolerate) in a week.

I got a $2 double at Wendys last week, a buy one get one free at Sonic yesterday.

I haven't done much with apps but since McD's would ask me every time I go there, I started looking into why I should - you can save some decent money
Nope. Don't give a schidt. Are you aware many states were and are trying to keep a President off the ballot just because they don't like him?

Guess some guy in Ohio is more concerned about "Dynamic Pricing" impeding his ability to stuff his face with cheeseburgers and biggie fries.

Techno Fog on USSC Ruling

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Guess some guy in Ohio is more concerned about "Dynamic Pricing" impeding his ability to stuff his face with cheeseburgers and biggie fries.

Techno Fog on USSC Ruling

is there one or more threads on that already?

if so, then why aren't you posting on them?

Helping Brother NeverOutDoors with his very legitimate question.

Just being Neighborly. Or is it Democracy, can't remember which.
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Helping Brother NeverOutDoors with his very legitimate question.

Just being Neighborly. Or is it Democracy, can't remember which.

or just being a pyscho, which is more accurate

adjust your meds.
or just being a pyscho, which is more accurate

Ya, great movie;

© 24hourcampfire