Posted By: hillestadj Taxes - 03/01/24
First of all, fuck em.

Second, I need a beer.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Had to pay this yr 🤬
Posted By: dale06 Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Had to pay this yr 🤬

Which is better than giving the government an interest free loan.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
I dug out everything today to take to the accountant. I know I will have to write a check.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Had to pay this yr 🤬

As you should. Refund means you lost money.
I’ll always pay later with depreciated dollars.
Posted By: Dess Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
If you had to write a check every payday, taxes would go down.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by Dess
If you had to write a check every payday, taxes would go down.

I see the withholding 26 times a year...then cut another check in April. Pretty sure if the tax reform was coming we'd have seen it by now...
Posted By: Calvin Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
It was a painful year for me and next year will be much worse. But they are filed and paid. S corp saved a bunch this year.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by Calvin
It was a painful year for me and next year will be much worse. But they are filed and paid. S corp saved a bunch this year.
We got a c corp Mr accountant says switch to S any insight?
Posted By: specialK Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Millions and millions of able bodied pukes that receive disability or welfare because they are too [bleep] in lazy to work appreciate our tax dollars. Oh and Zelensky too.
Posted By: MAC Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Had to pay this yr 🤬

I haven't seen a refund in a decade and I claim zero and have them take out extra and still have to stroke a check. I am getting pretty tired of paying for the welfare queens of Chicago, the crackheads of Detroit, and the white trash of Mississippi and every other worthless POS in this nation.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Taxes - 03/01/24
Had to pay this yr 🤬
Get a better CPA brd 👊
Posted By: Steve Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
First year retired. Getting some back.
Posted By: EdM Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Coming week I will print all of the documents, my wife will package them and off to the CPA they will go.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
No idea how much, everything’s with the CPA,
But we’ll be stroking a check. Bought some trucks & equipment late last year per tax planning, couple LLC’s the projects were at the tail end so showed some losses on the K-1, funded kids 529’s, simple IRA’s, threw the guys some good bonuses… all you can do.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Y'all pay up. Bidens illegal aliens need some cash cards. And the buttpluggers in Ukraine need more missiles.

I'm paying 3x what my first house cost me this year.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
I've got 3 K1's that won't be done, so it'll go to extension, but still have to pay estimated.
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
I lost Dad about 2 years ago and Mom last June. I have to pay mine and the wife’s this year along with Moms and Dads final. I’m trying to brace for the news from my accountant.
Take care,
Rick
Posted By: Calvin Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by Calvin
We got a c corp Mr accountant says switch to S any insight?

Saved me 19k this year. It’s a pain switching everything over with a new ein but with it. Cost me an extra 600 in accounting as I basically have a personal tax return and a corp tax return now.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Not as bad is some of you all I'm sure.

Knew it was coming but my estimate was off about 40%...just happy to pay my 'fair share', know it will be put to great use.
Posted By: mart Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
This taxation with representation ain’t turned out so great either.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by jackmountain
But we’ll be stroking a check. Bought some trucks & equipment late last year per tax planning, couple LLC’s the projects were at the tail end so showed some losses on the K-1, funded kids 529’s, simple IRA’s, threw the guys some good bonuses… all you can do.

Government doesn't want you saving money, they want you spending!

My wife and I are small $ but even for us with no kids we get dinged pretty hard.

Bought a few cow farmer items that will lesson the blow.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by specialK
Millions and millions of able bodied pukes that receive disability or welfare because they are too [bleep] in lazy to work appreciate our tax dollars. Oh and Zelensky too.

This is 1/2 the problem. The other 1/2 is people either paying nothing or not enough. Congress critters have put in way too many loopholes so they and their rich friends don't have to pay up. I don't mind paying my share. I do mind when it's wasted and when others don't pull their weight.

Federal taxes hit me and my wife pretty hard. We both have the max deducted + I pay extra. I'm still going to have to pay about $500 this year. The other side of the coin is that Georgia doesn't hit me hard. They deposited over $6000 in my account Monday. Plus there was a budget surplus here the last 2 years and each married couple who paid those years got an extra $400 in late spring. That may or may not happen this year, but I'd say chances are good.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Being a farmer and fisherman we had to settle up yesterday with the IRS. S corp is due in April but shouldn't be bad since the crooks get a quarterly payment. Our CPA says if you don't spend it your going to be paying taxes. I need to seek some advice from a tax lawyer.
Posted By: marzoom Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Tax is theft.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by specialK

This is 1/2 the problem. The other 1/2 is people either paying nothing or not enough. Congress critters have put in way too many loopholes so they and their rich friends don't have to pay up. I don't mind paying my share. I do mind when it's wasted and when others don't pull their weight.

Federal taxes hit me and my wife pretty hard. We both have the max deducted + I pay extra. I'm still going to have to pay about $500 this year. The other side of the coin is that Georgia doesn't hit me hard. They deposited over $6000 in my account Monday. Plus there was a budget surplus here the last 2 years and each married couple who paid those years got an extra $400 in late spring. That may or may not happen this year, but I'd say chances are good.
Your welcome, I just sent the state a little over $3k Thursday.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
A good acct. makes it less likely that you will be audited and is a deductible expense. Consider it an investment.

mike r
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Mutha fuockas ain’t worked a day gettin a fuqkin refund ghetto Nigkra got sum kids rakin it.🥴
Posted By: WMR Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Government doesn't want you saving money, they want you spending!

My wife and I are small $ but even for us with no kids we get dinged pretty hard.

Bought a few cow farmer items that will lesson the blow.

It seems to me that with IRAs, 401Ks, HSAs and others, .gov is doing what it can to incentivize saving.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Taxes - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A good acct. makes it less likely that you will be audited and is a deductible expense. Consider it an investment.

mike r

No truer words. Ours is invaluable
© 24hourcampfire