Home
Posted By: Winchester21 The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
I am in awe.

Posted By: Teal Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
I've known about them since I was a kid but recently have been doing more reading on MACV-SOG. Crazy stuff too.

In all conflicts - we, as a nation, have always seemed to have a unit or several made of really special special guys.

Posted By: rost495 Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
Have read lots on MACVSOG Vietnam stuff years ago. They did what they had to and that many survived is amazing. We owe them all so much beyond gratitude.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
Originally Posted by Teal
I've known about them since I was a kid but recently have been doing more reading on MACV-SOG. Crazy stuff too.

In all conflicts - we, as a nation, have always seemed to have a unit or several made of really special special guys.

Kool pic! SOG operator caring a LAWs rocket and a HK rifle. DIdn't know about them using hk's.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
Those boys were tough
Exceptional Americans!!!
Wow! Them boyz were tough hombres! Interesting about the odor of Chit, to determine if they were locals.
Posted By: Teal Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
John Walton of the Arkansas Walton's was MACV-SOG

Posted By: Nestucca Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
Teal thanks for sharing the link. Bad asses for sure and the stuff they learned as they went helped special forces tactics to this day.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Posted By: WAM Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
If you ever went into a one-holer Vietnamese toilet, you’d know the difference immediately. Ain’t like Burger King and Taco Bell turds.
Posted By: Jim270 Re: The Real Band Of Brothers - 03/05/24
SSG John W Martin is buried in the National Memorial Cemetery in Phx, Az section 60 site 226.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
SOG was crazy enough to survive. Kind of like the Jarhead Force Recon. Never worked with SOG, but did so with Force Recon. Only group of maniacs I ever met that called friendly fire on their own position and lived to joke about it. If I ever need to go completely insane I will follow their path.
© 24hourcampfire